Subaru's VIZIV Tourer Concept Previews a 5-Door WRX (Hopefully)

It looks good for transforming into modern touring racer!
Hopefully there will be something similar from Mitsubishi.
And both in games :)

Why is there still nothing about Rimac Concept Two?

I wish they would get into making a hybrid or all electric. Also, I believe some of their models still offer a flat 6

Subaru has virtually no choice but to adopt electric powertrains if they want to offer performance cars in Europe again, manufacturers have to comply with strict emissions regulations or pay hefty fines.

I wish they would get into making a hybrid or all electric.
They did, and will. It seems no one bought their first hybrid, though. They seem to be one of few manufacturers successfully resisting modern currents in the industry, but they can't completely hold off from the legislative pressure.

Good thing it doesn't have a few more inches of ride height or else it would be the devil's work and represent the decay of society and all things automotive. As long as it stays lower to the ground it'll be the best thing ever.

Good thing it doesn't have a few more inches of ride height or else it would be the devil's work and represent the decay of society and all things automotive. As long as it stays lower to the ground it'll be the best thing ever.
Subarus are the exception to that rule. Outbacks and Foresters slip happily through the SUV net. Maybe because they're not bought by the new breed of "SUV people", or maybe because they've existed before such things were cool.

Either way, I quite like the regular, AWD car thing. The outgoing Levorg is a bit of a hidden gem. Feels like it's built to last forever. Quite like the looks. Decent turn of pace, and about as secure in the wet as cars get. Shame they were so expensive over here.

20214355_1432139373546321_1458650823062978560_n.jpg

You mean the GT-R? ;)
Well, those too :lol: But I like the idea of the benefits of all-wheel drive, but without the downsides of something taller and heavier. In places like the UK where snow's not thick enough to require ground clearance but poor weather and crappy road surfaces do happen, regular AWD cars can be a bit of a sweet spot.
Which is Subaru's biggest problem.
For them, but it's great for customers!

Well, those too :lol: But I like the idea of the benefits of all-wheel drive, but without the downsides of something taller and heavier. In places like the UK where snow's not thick enough to require ground clearance but poor weather and crappy road surfaces do happen, regular AWD cars can be a bit of a sweet spot.

It's interesting that you're making this AWD association. I don't normally link AWD with SUVs or wagons in general (although there is an unmistakable AWD-Subaru association). AWD is just something that you find on Audi Coupes, Teslas, Porsches, pickup trucks, and family sedans. (Edit: and on only ONE!!! minivan)

I was entirely just poking fun at the notion that the wagon is super cool as long as it stays near the ground. I even get why it can be preferable.

I should add that generally I'm not that interested in wagons of any kind. I've no need for their practicality and have no preference one way or the other in styling terms - I prefer the sedan versions as often as I like the wagons. The Levorg is a bit of an exception, and generally I'd take the regular wagon over an SUV, both for objective reasons (they drive better and use less fuel) and philosophical ones (they're less imposing and aggressive).

Those are both SUVs in reality. The forester really looks the part too.
The original Forester was really an Impreza with a tall wagon body. This is the interior of a GC Impreza. This is the interior of an SF Forester. It definitely became a compact SUV from the third generation onward, though, IMO.

The Outback is still a lifted Legacy wagon, with the corresponding proportions and ergonomics and all. That's its USP compared to crossovers or SUVs, even if it is considered to be an SUV among them. It doesn't get any more apparent than if you drive Legacy and Outback twins back-to-back. 👍

I was entirely just poking fun at the notion that the wagon is super cool as long as it stays near the ground. I even get why it can be preferable.
I noted your sarcasm. :) Between daily driving and my work, I've come to prefer a vehicle that is comfortable and fun to drive on roads but also respectably capable off-road by relation to its on-road manners. Lifted wagons/hatchbacks or a tidy car-like SUV are okay by me.

It doesn't look too dissimilar to the Viziv concept, Subaru is getting better at making production models resemble their previews these days. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Viziv Performance-inspired WRX range turns out. Bonus points if the Lexus-style exhausts stay.

The WRX (sedan :() has been spied. It sure looks like the Levorg at the front and the rear looks like a really toned down version of the VIZIV Performance Concept.

subaru-wrx-spied-2-copy-1600875907.jpg

subaru-wrx-spied-1-copy-1600875851.jpg

Subaru-VIZIV-Performance-concept-rear-three-quarter.jpg

With camo it looks like the current car.

It sure does. The only obvious thing is the new tail lights. We can notice the larger hood scoop and grille and other small details when looking closely, but still, the general shape of the car is sill pretty much the same.

Looking forward to seeing it without camouflage. Apart from the slightly squared off wheel arches, the only other thing I didn't like about the Levorg's appearance was the pouty looking lower front bumper. I'm hoping they change that all together for the WRX. Given that the Levorg and WRX never shared a bumper in the past, this seems likely.

I’ve been waiting for the new WRX for a while. If it’s good looking, well equipped and has a bit more go than it’s predecessor, it’s the odds on favourite to be my next car.

Back