Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
Flaanders
I would love to do some to do some longer tracks like the 'ring and Sarthe, but I agree with TheWizard that that would take a lot of time to get a clean lap. Maybe when one of those tracks is used, a two week deadline could be used.

Then we'd have to call it "The Temporarily Fortnightly Usually Weekly Race Series".

But i like the idea.

I'm just concerned that we will all want to do every car we can think of on the 'Ring at one time or another, once we all get "Ringworm", as those who havent gotten the bug yet, will inevitably get it.

Ive had it since ive had the game, and i just cant stop lapping, im currently down to 5'24. and loving it.
Personally i cant wait till we get to race round the 'Ring, but for the meantime, im hoping to try El Capitan in something driveable, (Thanx Kent) Hong Kong in something like a Delta S4, Costa Di Amalfi in a stock MRS, Grand Valley in anything, since they changed the course sooooo much, and Chamonix in absolutely nothing, as i hate it.

Give me more pills please doctor, i still feel an itch........

I'd love to do something on Suzuka, like a Corvette Stingray (No TCS or ASM +20% power -10% weight, hard road tires). That's be quite fun! :D

Blake

Flaanders
I thought missions 21-24 were pretty easy, as long as you read up on the forums. So I think that that would be a good idea, but probably not the first race, something slow to start off.

reading the GT4 forums there are lots o people having problems 'cause GT4 is a bit "hard"

Cheers,

Just wanna see a good mix of tracks, and a good mix of cars, from 600+hp fo shizzel ones, to the classics which have no guts at all....

Great job on keeping the weelky race series going, just goes to show you the power of Gran turismo franchise.

I dearly miss my 1974 2002. I was so excited to win the 02turbo. Was my first 'must have' car in gt4.

I quite enjoy the smaller tracks, Motorland, tsukuba... Takes me back to my SCCA SoloII days, close enought at least. :scared:

idle

I know it may seem like a short track, but I think a 3 lapper at Autumn Ring Mini would be an awesome race. Good handling car is a must though 👍.

We have to do a race with the Caterham Super Seven soon. Since it's useless in sim mode, I've got to give it a good run in a weekly race.

Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring

behindsofa.gif

tuff240
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring
Nurburgring

behindsofa.gif

I'll second that, though I think it may scare off more people early on in the GT4 WRS than anything. Definately down the road though, when the series gets into cruise control.

An arcade Ruf CTR "Yellowbird", no quicktune, no TCS/ASM, N1 tires is a logical race. A "Stefan Roser Classic" if you will. Though that right there will scare off many people.

I'm game for anything, anytime on the 'Ring....

I've been running some Rufs around Motorsports land and have been enjoying myself. It's an interesting little circuit with a mid range power sportscar.

tuff240
You tried the GT Mode Streamliner with no asm/tcs and S1's yet?
If not, you're missing out. ;)

I own the NTSC-J version of the game, so I don't have the car...someday I'll pick up the NTSC version but I'm in no hurry.

Mclaren-Mercedes SLR on Nürburgring since it's the same as mission 34.

The car is crap though, crap in gearing, handling, braking.It only accelerates (good).

Cheers,

ASL ARTA Garaiya @ Suzuka West
Toyota RSC @ Costa di Amalfi (SUV won from Ice Arena Easy)
Cerbera Speed 6 @ Grand Valley or Grand Valley East
Lotus Carlton or that Mercedes that looks a lot like it or something similar @ Autumn Ring

Recury
ASL ARTA Garaiya @ Suzuka West
Toyota RSC @ Costa di Amalfi (SUV won from Ice Arena Easy)
Cerbera Speed 6 @ Grand Valley or Grand Valley East
Lotus Carlton or that Mercedes that looks a lot like it or something similar @ Autumn Ring

Toyota RSC @ Costa di Amalfi sounds great to me :dopey: :D 👍

Cheers,

kensei
I'll second that, though I think it may scare off more people early on in the GT4 WRS than anything. Definately down the road though, when the series gets into cruise control.

An arcade Ruf CTR "Yellowbird", no quicktune, no TCS/ASM, N1 tires is a logical race. A "Stefan Roser Classic" if you will. Though that right there will scare off many people.

I'm game for anything, anytime on the 'Ring....

I've been running some Rufs around Motorsports land and have been enjoying myself. It's an interesting little circuit with a mid range power sportscar.

N1's you gotta be kidding, at least N2's but preferable N3's

Holden Monaro.
Nurburgring Nordshleife.

No AIDS, sports soft, No best time, just longest drift, use the lateral movement bar and a stopwatch to judge.

What do u think Guys?

:boggled: :irked: :boggled:

i say drive a stock arcade yellowbird on N3's or N2's if ya game, that thing drifts more than a monaro anyday

First off, I think we should alternate between fast cars and slow cars each week. I'd like to suggest racing an SRT-4 on Suzuka. I was driving that yesterday, and the SRT-4 in nearly perfect there. Upgrading car via quick tune doesn't change the gearing does it? The SRT-4 will probably hit the rev limiter with +20%hp then. :lol: It already gets to 6,000 RPM stock, the rev limiter is at about 7,000.

Fully modded NSX-R Concept in GT mode+ wing added in GT Auto.With Max downforce and min. ride height that car handles like a dream 👍

Cheers,

Small_Fryz
N1's you gotta be kidding, at least N2's but preferable N3's

Nope....not kidding. N1s on the CTR (unmodified in arcade mode, or stock in GT mode) give you as close to real life laptimes that the real CTR does as you can get....

It's good fun! Though 3rdgenracerX would kill us all with his times.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, or if you guys even do this form of OLR, but how about a general best time at Laguna Seca, no asm or tcs and you can use whatever you want? When you submit your time, you must tell Kent what car you used.

kennythebomb
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, or if you guys even do this form of OLR, but how about a general best time at Laguna Seca, no asm or tcs and you can use whatever you want? When you submit your time, you must tell Kent what car you used.
GTP is going to have a leaderboard set up soon that will cater to exactly that.

Honestly, I'd like to see the use of a either a Ruf BTR or CTR around:

* Grand Valley East...
OR
* Special Stage 5 Clubman...(I think that's the right track name??)
OR
*High Speed Ring

Three great tracks that aren't that long and require good car control.... :)

Back