Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
Had a comp. at a mall near me 2 weeks ago ... test was 1 lap (aracde) of Grand Valley East in the CTR RUF ... with all default settings (thus ASM and TCs on I think) ... winning time was 1:09.x ... unfortunately I only did a 1:10.x ... freakin' someone won a nice new PS2 and the game with a cellphone and hands-free kar kit ... bummer ... :yuck:

In a week 5 or 6 I would like to see some GT1 track with some Skyline :)
The perfect choice would be my favourite Grand Valley Speedway (Long) + my favourite car SKYLINE R34 VspecII (gt mode with all posible tuning (without NOS) would cut down the times but arcade mode would also be good)

My thought is that Arcade mode gives the most consistent racing. The reason being that you are putting everyone in the same car, same HP, same suspension, etc.
Put it into GT mode and it turns into a "Run what Ya Brung" which is fine sometimes but it becomes budget dependent to at that point.

I'd like to see the Jag E-Type @ Suzuka or the Nike One @ Hong Kong.

I don't particularly agree with the "no GT mode" thing. If you limit the car and HP and what can be done with it, the only difference you have is car setup and driving skill. No "budget" needed.

BMW 2002 Turbo... anywhere.

GT mode has and as far as I'm aware will be part of the WRS in the future. There is more to GT than Arcade, the ability to setup a winning car for example, and don't worry about budget, I'm sure it will be introduced with that in mind.

Usually, in the past GT3 WRS, the car selection was limited to a few vehicles at the most, for a given race (most of the time it was just one vehicle, though).

Therefore, I wouldn't see a problem in running some WRS Races in Gran Turismo Mode. Granted, Arcade Mode levels the field more and you don't have to fool with settings all day, trying to figure out if you are missing hundreths here and there for your bad settings or your bad skills (most likely, a combination of both ;)).

But we definitely need some Gran Turismo Mode Races.

I would keep them to a low percentage, though. 75-80% Arcade Mode - 25-20% Gran Turismo Mode.

Arcade Mode allows you to enter your times at db.granturismo.de :D

The Wizard.

Yes, we will still use sim mode in the WRS to allow tuning. For the first few races we'll stick with arcade cars since we have so many new drivers, and tuning is quite alot to learn for people stilll trying their best just to get a fast clean lap.

Hi I would like to know who here drives with PAL and who with NTSC, to see whether there's really (or not) a difference between the PAL game and NTSC game in Time Trial ... would this be feasible to ask ? Maybe Luxy can add another column in the leaderboard for this ? 💡

What I would like to see is whether there's PAL guys in the 1 div. for example ... just to confirm to myself that the 2 systems are exactly the same ...

kragbees
Hi I would like to know who here drives with PAL and who with NTSC, to see whether there's really (or not) a difference between the PAL game and NTSC game in Time Trial ... would this be feasible to ask ? Maybe Luxy can add another column in the leaderboard for this ? 💡

What I would like to see is whether there's PAL guys in the 1 div. for example ... just to confirm to myself that the 2 systems are exactly the same ...

Hi I always wanted to ask that question too but I was feared of that... - are there any diffrences between times that u get on PAL and NTSC versions of the game ????

I will ask that question in other topic too so more ppl could see it.

Yeah thanks villainpl 👍 I take it from your location that you also have the PAL version ... NTSC is only America right ?

It just seems as if I can't do ANY faster on this race though I thought I had a very good lap ... maybe I'm just looking for excuses for a crappy time :sly:

Then again, a second is a second ... but maybe the course is not EXACTLY the same ... if someone can clear this up for us it would be great ! :)

kragbees
Yeah thanks villainpl 👍 I take it from your location that you also have the PAL version ... NTSC is only America right ?

It just seems as if I can't do ANY faster on this race though I thought I had a very good lap ... maybe I'm just looking for excuses for a crappy time :sly:

Then again, a second is a second ... but maybe the course is not EXACTLY the same ... if someone can clear this up for us it would be great ! :)

Maybe it is excuse but IMO it isnt im just curious about that. In fact there shouldn't be any difference but u never know so that is why im asking.

Its nice that ppl know where Poland is 👍 ;) And yes I have PAL version - NTSC is America and Japan (Asia) PAL is also Australia.

Thanks ... I know a certain amount of ppl won't know you're right ... like they think in South Africa the lions walk in the streets ... :dopey:

But I'm just wondering what sort of difference/s there can be, cause I saw on another thread that they say the graphics is different (apparently better on PAL ?) :)

But are the tracks EXACTLY the same length etc. is the question ... or basically duplicates for PAL and NTSC ...

Trax are the same.

Some cars are included with Pal that arent with NTSC and NTSC-J.

Graphics are slightly better with PAL as the speed the game runs at is different, due to TV's and power supplies.

If you are a second down, then you arent getting turn one right.

Go thru the thread to find handy tips on how to take this corner.

Try harder!!!

Your times will come!!

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply vexd, will just have to see if I can get a better lap together ... although I think I'm taking turn 1 as fast as possible (braking on the DFP as late as possible full brake applied. I have seen a 19.5 sec. T1 , but could not stick the lap

To test between the speed difference in PAL and NTSC, why don't you try something like this?

Buy a new car (like a Mini or something) and change the oil, but don't mess with anything else.
Go to the 0>400m test track (I presume it's still in GT4?) with Auto gears and just hold X until the first sector and write down the time and speed.

If someone does that with the PAL copy and someone else with NTSC, using the exact same car and the times are very similar then it's probably the same.

Worth a try? Unless I'm missing something…

How about selecting any combo from the GT3 archives for a weekly race? It would be interesting to see the outcome between GT3 & GT4

Midfield with the grocery getter (Volvo 240 GLT Wagon) fully modded. Simple, cheap and easily obtainable for everyone with GT4. Good first dip into the GT Mode cars. :scared:

how about any car on Apricot Hill, one of the best 'balanced' tracks in the GT series, good mix of High Speed and low speed corners with that long straight

Being the weirdo I am, here's some oddball races I suggest to loosen up the tension, or at least mix things up for a change.

1) Anything with a really really slow car (<30-ish hp?). Come on, it only takes 20 minutes to drag a Midget around the Ring! :dopey:

2) The backwards contest! Can you finish fastest around Tsukuba or (insert easy track), or at all? I, uh, can't get my cars to stay in a straight line for more than 3 seconds >_< (also might have to temporarily repeal two-on-track rule for this, unless you're a super-awesome driver)

3) The ideal time contest! Ever had that perfect T1 and T2, except to blow it at the final checkpoint? Well, now you can mix and match your best T times to create a truly kickarse time! Only problem is it'd be a total nightname to document :ouch:

4) A 0-400/Max Speed race in GT mode. See how fast you can a car to go *without changing any parts*, just settings. Might have to do a racing car, otherwise there won't be much settings to change.

5) The Prius mileage challenge! How little gallons of gas can you use while keeping your lap time under a set time?

6) The blowaway contest! I *know* you've always wanted to take your F1 to the Sunday Cup! How far can you pull away from second in such a short race? (answer: a lot!). Only problem: how to get a really fast car; or an even field.

...yeah. These are all kinda weird and really hard to pull off probably, but I think they'd be neat!

CardcaptorYoshi
1) Anything with a really really slow car (<30-ish hp?). Come on, it only takes 20 minutes to drag a Midget around the Ring! :dopey:

2) The backwards contest! Can you finish fastest around Tsukuba or (insert easy track), or at all? I, uh, can't get my cars to stay in a straight line for more than 3 seconds >_< (also might have to temporarily repeal two-on-track rule for this, unless you're a super-awesome driver)

Combine those 2! :scared:

CardcaptorYoshi
3) The ideal time contest! Ever had that perfect T1 and T2, except to blow it at the final checkpoint? Well, now you can mix and match your best T times to create a truly kickarse time! Only problem is it'd be a total nightname to document :ouch:

This would be awesome 👍
I am up for it.

Here is how it should be done, though, to give you the best possible time you could obtain - I always use this method to figure out what is my current best time I can reach in a race, so I have something to aim for.

Say the track has 4 sectors: Start to T1, T1 to T2, T2 to T3, and T3 to Finish.
To get your best possible lap, take your best T1, add to it the best time difference between T2 and T1, then add to it the best time difference between T3 and T2, and finally add the best time difference between Finish and T3.

That would be the fastest time you can reach with the handful of current best sectors that you have in a few selected fast laps.

I would really like to see a race like this, just to see what the best and fastest racers can come up with.

As far as documenting the lap, just include all the Replays of all the laps you used in this calculations. With 4 sectors on a track, the worst that can happen is that you will have to provide 4 different Replays (with the assumption that you had one best sector or sector difference in each one).

So, unless we race on the 'Ring, but we keep it reasonable with the amount of sectors, it shouldn't be too bad :D

The Wizard.

I think we need to see either a 4WD or a FF drivetrain car for week 3. My suggestions are a VW Golf R32 or an Honda ITR (DC2). Not sure what tracks are available from the start, but something low speed with lots of sweeping corners would be good. Or not?

I know everyone is looking forward to some different drivetrain configurations, so a little teaser for next week...it's going be 4WD. I've been testing next week's combo, and it's quite the bit of fun (IMO anyway). Should be alot more variety in split times than this week, that's for sure. That is all I can divulge at the present time.:mischievous:

Let the speculation begin.:lol:

CFM
I know everyone is looking forward to some different drivetrain configurations, so a little teaser for next week...it's going be 4WD. I've been testing next week's combo, and it's quite the bit of fun (IMO anyway). Should be alot more variety in split times than this week, that's for sure. That is all I can divulge at the present time.:mischievous:

Half of the 4WD in the game are Mitsu Evo's. I hope it's not rally :cross fingers:

For future races, I'd like to suggest the Ruf CTR "Yellow bird". That'll require a careful and smooth driving. On a wide track.

CFM

Reckon it's gonna be one of those little Suzuki things round either Autumn ring or Motorworld driving park. Am I close?

Back