Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
A speed 12 would be sick. Make sure to mandate no TCS...
But otherwise, today I was just doing some random combos and I found that the Renault 5 Turbo Rally Car was great fun on Monaco.

Flaanders
A speed 12 would be sick. Make sure to mandate no TCS...
But otherwise, today I was just doing some random combos and I found that the Renault 5 Turbo Rally Car was great fun on Monaco.

:) Just about anything is fun on Monaco

I was hoping that one of these days there would be a nice little race based on the premise of a certain hp range and a certain weight range... Beyond that, anything goes.

Arcade mode it and check it out so that JGTC, touring and anything else are all possible.

That might make for an interesting race. :D

At the same time though, I want to admit... I haven't been around much and that means I don't really have a place to ask for certain types of races.

Good luck on your choice CFM.
I'm sure you will give us all something to enjoy. :D

Kent
I was hoping that one of these days there would be a nice little race based on the premise of a certain hp range and a certain weight range... Beyond that, anything goes.

Arcade mode it and check it out so that JGTC, touring and anything else are all possible.

That might make for an interesting race. :D

At the same time though, I want to admit... I haven't been around much and that means I don't really have a place to ask for certain types of races.

Good luck on your choice CFM.
I'm sure you will give us all something to enjoy. :D
I agree, that would be really cool! But, it would also take a TON of time, because of the testing different platforms that everyone would want to try using, and then there's the different torque ratings too. So maybe if it were a biweekly race, or something, I don't know. The idea is awesome though, I'd enjoy it. If I can get my hands on a GT4 for long enough, so that would mean at least not for a month...

KLR!!!!!!!! C'mere you big huggable ball of fluff, you! Did you knock you friend over the head and steal the PS2 back, yet?

Kolyana
KLR!!!!!!!! C'mere you big huggable ball of fluff, you! Did you knock you friend over the head and steal the PS2 back, yet?
Haha, nope, no I didn't... to PM I go :)

You've got a point there but not for me. :sly:

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't test for which car is the fastest...

I race with the car I like the most.
Hell, look back to week 100 and notice that I drove a full tuned castrol supra even though the denso was better in gt3.

I just like using the car that is cooler to me, not faster. ;)

Like in week 85 (I think), jgtc skylines at laguna, I ran the Calsonic even though all of my friends were conviced the zexel skyline was the car to beat.
For me though, it came down to an ugly skyline or a sweet solid blue skyline. :D

So, even though testing may come into play, for me it will just be a matter of which car looks the best. :lol:

Oh course there will indeed be a bit of common sense stat checking, but beyond that it will come down to brand loyalty and paint jobs. Drivetrain format will also come into play... but all the technical aspects will take a back seat to the simple idea of which car I like more, not which car is fastest.

Of course, then again, I might just be a punk who talks it up and then heads straight for the fastest car.

Only time will tell. :mischievous:

I share your 'methodology', Kent. A few weeks back I drove the Midnight Purple skyline, simply because it was one sexy little beast and knocked the spots off anything else ... visually.

Unfortunately, most drivers go for the fastest, best handling car, so unless you could come up with a selection of close choices, or a selection that favored one driving style or another, I think you'd see a lot of the same car being used.

The Skyline event we did a few weeks back was really a lot of fun, because of everything you just suggested, but ultimately the guys at the top all aimed for the same car and there wasn't a huge amount of variety from podium to podium across the divisions (except I did squeeze my MNP III '00 in at 3rd :P)

Kent
You've got a point there but not for me. :sly:

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't test for which car is the fastest...

I race with the car I like the most.
Hell, look back to week 100 and notice that I drove a full tuned castrol supra even though the denso was better in gt3.

I just like using the car that is cooler to me, not faster. ;)

Like in week 85 (I think), jgtc skylines at laguna, I ran the Calsonic even though all of my friends were conviced the zexel skyline was the car to beat.
For me though, it came down to an ugly skyline or a sweet solid blue skyline. :D

So, even though testing may come into play, for me it will just be a matter of which car looks the best. :lol:

Oh course there will indeed be a bit of common sense stat checking, but beyond that it will come down to brand loyalty and paint jobs. Drivetrain format will also come into play... but all the technical aspects will take a back seat to the simple idea of which car I like more, not which car is fastest.

Of course, then again, I might just be a punk who talks it up and then heads straight for the fastest car.

Only time will tell. :mischievous:
Hahah, yeah, that's awesome. Lol. We shall see then, eh? 👍

Lets see some Suzuka already CFM :dunce: ;)

Maybe a nice JGTC 300 car on R5's 👍 mmmmm.... :sly:

Cote d'azur is a really fun track ... I'm no good on it mind you, but man it reminds me of Monaco or something (like, freakishly so ... are they 'related'?)

Kolyana
Cote d'azur is a really fun track ... I'm no good on it mind you, but man it reminds me of Monaco or something (like, freakishly so ... are they 'related'?)

They are about as related as a man and wife in the southern US :dopey:

@Kolyana: yeah it's the same track, although the one in GT4 is the 2003 (I think) configuration. They've dumbed it down since then for the F1GP, so much so that it isn't as much fun as it used to be.

I would second both Suzuka and Monaco for the WRS...awesome tracks. But let's keep the power down for a change, maybe a stock sports car around 300-350bhp or so 👍

Its time for a Rear wheel drive front engined thingy.

Something not too poky.

Something we dont have to tune. :grumpy:

Something that grips, so the only aspect of the race will be whether you know the course, and therefore whether you can drive GT quickly.

Those who dont know it, will learn the course over the week, and everyone will be able to use a FR as they are the easiest to control anyway. If we take out the need to tune it, and even set a top speed if there is an option to change it, then the only element that will be in contest will be the human one.

I vote for something smooth, like Suzuka, or maybe a twisty like cote d'azur or capri.
I would like to use something like an old supra from the 80's or a standard RX-7 to compete in.

Nothing too fancy.

Alternatively, a CIVIC SiR-II around motorsports land will be fine.

Yo, Clagnut From Myanus..... sort it out... :dopey: 👍

How about motorland in a ZZ-S or another little car, Give a good lesson in maintaining momentum.

👍

RX-8 Type S, stock, around Suzuka (Full) or Monaco, that's my vote 👍 (or course I'm biased on the car).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if we're running Time Trial mode (preferable since tuning takes too much time) can we please leave the HP and weight settings stock? It doesn't make sense to me to just arbitrarily adjust these settings

Well, the weight is always dropped to -10% because that is something that cannot be verified on the replay. Horsepower and tires can...that's why the Espirit was left with stock horsepower for week 3, I think it was. Originally, the weight setting was also stock, but since it would be impossible to catch someone who had reduced weight, it was brought down to -10%.

p.s.- Maxed out Ginetta at Suzuka.

Has anyone else used a fully modified GSX-R4 for the Rally d' Capri moneymaker? That's a fun track and car combo. I'd love to see maybe the full 2 lap (Easy, Regular, or Hard, really doesn't matter) using this car. Just a suggestion.

-Scott

You're killing me CFM.

You want heavy? Pick an Aston Martin DB9 or something.

You want American? Pick a Corvette or Camaro or something.

You want a heavy American? Pick something like an old Vette.

Oh well, I can only blame myself for this...

I should have been more active in the suggestions thread in the days leading up to the new race.

Rest assured that I will not make that mistake again.
Of course, it is possible that the suggestions thread will not be taken into consideration in the way it once was, but only time will tell regarding that issue. :confused:

It isnt regarded as highly as it once was KENT, im assuming thats due to the change of drivers, and the fact that most of them dont understand how it all used to run.

I believe its evolved somewhat, and im not sure whether this evolution is detrimental to the WRS's health or can be seen as a positive thing yet.
We'll see.

In the meantime, i suppose more content from CFM would help inspire people to post here, and if a suggestion was converted into a race literally, then that would help all the more.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, an RX-7 not tuned, round somewhere flat and straight please.

vexd
Oh yeah, an RX-7 not tuned, round somewhere flat and straight please.

Stock '85 RX-7 at Test course is on deck for next week, 20 lapper. Thanks for the suggestion VEXD. Anyone who doesn't like this choice can PM vexd and let him know. :lol:

A few drivers not liking my choice this week while many are lovin' it...guess some people don't like to come out of their comfort zone.:sly: Don't worry, I do read this thread, and do take things into consideration, I just don't talk about it so the surprise each week is still there. That's half the fun right? In fact, next week's race will be a direct result of a combination of particular comments made in this very thread. No matter what I choose there will be some people unhappy about it, so the small number of complaints I get usually just go in one ear and out the other. Now if EVERYONE was complaining, then I'd surely make a change.👍

Ok everyone, pretend I was never here and just keep throwing those ideas out there.:)

Small_Fryz
How about motorland in a ZZ-S or another little car, Give a good lesson in maintaining momentum.

👍

...... *whistles quietly*........

Hong Kong with JGTC 300.

Grand valley with Full quick tune RGT or cerbera speed six (not the tuscan).

Motor land with FTO LM

Suzuka with the '93 calsonic (R32 gtr)

George V in the 206 rally

Paris Opera in the alfa 155 touring car

I would really like to see that tuscan speed six used at some point in the future. :D

Kent
Grand valley with Full quick tune RGT or cerbera speed six (not the tuscan).

Motor land with FTO LM

Suzuka with the '93 calsonic (R32 gtr)
These three quoted for emphasis! Well, I like the car choices, and I like the tracks, the other tracks you picked Kent I'm not as much of a fan of(read, NOT a fan of, lol), but yeah. Those are some good sounding combos!

Hmm, yes... 👍

Back