Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
Luxy
Todd, could we get some new cars soon? Pretty please?!? :D

So far we've run cars that were (more or less) in GT3:

JGTC Supra (I consider them all more or less the same)
Lancer (I know, EVO VIII, but still a Lancer)
Lotus 350

There's so many new cars, that I'd love, love, love to run:

Ginetta G4
BMW 2002 Turbo
Jaguar E-Type
Audi ABT TT-R
CTR Yellowbird
Nissan Bluebird Rally Car
Honda S800 Race Car
Caterham

I could go on ...

Sorry about that Luxy.:dopey: The next 2 weeks I have planned are set for cars new to GT4.👍 New tracks as well. So it's all good. I think.:)

Yikes!

That means 'The Ring' in wk6 and........

Seoul,George V,New York,Hong Kong or Opera!

Probably in something TOTALLY insane like a 2CV! :crazy:
Well some have been repeatedly asking for a FF car! lol :sly:

VTRacing
Opera in a Lancia Stratos or Renault 5 Maxi Turbo

Could be fun, no?
No way this would be anything close to fun. Peugeot 206 RC would be fine, but no car above 200hp would ever be fun on Opera.

I'd like more lightweight mid-power rear drive cars such as the MGF or the Hommel Berlinette.
They are fun.

flat-out
No way this would be anything close to fun. Peugeot 206 RC would be fine, but no car above 200hp would ever be fun on Opera.

I'd like more lightweight mid-power rear drive cars such as the MGF or the Hommel Berlinette.
They are fun.

Opera is a blast in any car.👍 I ran the Arcade Pezoil GTR for a fun run at GT.de and loved every minute of it.

http://db.granturismo.de/gt4_arcade_track.php?classid=13&trackid=56

The track was surprisingly enjoyable with a high HP car.:)

I'd like to see another column on the leader board and even the Div. listings stating either DS2 or DFP. There is a big difference on many courses. I personally love the DFP and have been using it for two years, but it is more difficult then the DS2. Making a 300 degree turn with the wheel is work, with the DS2 it's just move the little stick a bit. Much quicker response with the small controls on the DS2. That's my 2 cents worth, or maybe 1 cent.

How about an LMP car for next week in GT Mode? ;) Any track, it doesnt matter :D. We need some speed :sly:.

I have only one suggestion:

Can we get a car that does not UNDERsteer like the fattest pachyderm currently available on the planet, for next week's race? :D

That would be awesomely appreciated :bowdown:

Edited and corrected...

The Wizard.

TheWizard
I have only one suggestion:

Can we get a car that does not oversteer like the fattest pachyderm currently available on the planet, for next week's race? :D

That would be awesomely appreciated :bowdown:

The Wizard.
You think the Lotus oversteer ?
I only ran one race so far (not much time this week), and found that it had an understeering tendancy. I wish it would oversteer...

oversteer is something you just have to cope (sp?) with.

i would like to see less races that allow the softest compounds on the race weekend. Racing with the other tires are so much more challenging and fun 👍

flat-out
You think the Lotus oversteer ?
I only ran one race so far (not much time this week), and found that it had an understeering tendancy. I wish it would oversteer...

Thank you for pointing that out, Cyril.

I meant UNDERsteer :D :lol:

I would take an oversteering car over an understeering one, all the time of the week, the month, and the year.

I just can't stand ruining a lap because I don't break early/hard enough in ONE spot of the race and ending up going straight against the wall...

At least, with oversteer, all you got to do is countersteer/modulate the throttle. There is no fix for losing your car due to understeer, only brake even harder and losing too much speed. Either way, your lap is shot. Oversteering cars are more forgiving.

EDIT: I'll edit my other post, for the sake of clarity.

The Wizard.

TheWizard
Thank you for pointing that out, Cyril.

I meant UNDERsteer :D :lol:

I would take an oversteering car over an understeering one, all the time of the week, the month, and the year.

Amen to that bro, oversteer is much more fun :D. That's why we should do a massively overpowered LMP car :sly:.

icemanshooter23
Amen to that bro, oversteer is much more fun :D. That's why we should do a massively overpowered LMP car :sly:.

How about a bicyle? Can we have a race with a 2 seater? oh wait, need a car... Go Carts?

I thought the Lotus had a ton of oversteer at turn in. Now I'm wondering if I used the correct car...

Oversteer is great when you aren't trying to compete with Holl and Hotboi. You know the old line 'when you're goin' sideways, you aint goin' forward', well that was me all week.

John.

You guys must not be driving too well, oversteers more than understeers, only understeers a bit, if you brake too late. But definetly oversteers more

You may have to work on your techniques a bit more :sly:

TheWizard
There is no fix for losing your car due to understeer, only brake even harder and losing too much speed.
The car understeers mainly because it enters the turn too fast. If you brake too hard you'll lock your wheels and understeer more.
The only thing you have to do is reduce your speed by releasing completely the gas pedal and steer back to bring the front wheels slightly back towards their normal position. When you have some grip back you can turn them again and start to accelerate.
If you have to brake like hell to slow down the car in the process, then you are way too fast in this turn.

I learned that by braking harder on some of the tighter turns instead of cruising in some of the corners (such as the the one immediately after the second tunnel) I had better times and had very little tendency to understeer as I accelerated out. I oversteered tons on the corner(s) after the high-speed downhill section after the first tunnel on a few runs because I kept locking up my wheels. Strangely enough it was an effective technique and my times did not suffer all too much. It wasn't as fast as braking a little earlier and softer, though.

So far I've seen some people say the Espirit oversteers, and some say it understeers. I think it all depends on how you drive it. There ought not to be a "right" way to drive it.

It's a good combo, I think. It's teaching me better technique, more so than a usual drive/race. I think, if nothing else, every time you race you should learn something. I know I do. Sometimes it's a simple thing like "Oh, I didn't know that ridge was there in the track," or "Oh, so if I brake here I can accelerate better out of the corner here."

i get more over than under but i like it that way.

about the nurburgring on week 6, do we have to get all our sector times??

theres like 13 of them :nervous:

GT_Fan2005
about the nurburgring on week 6, do we have to get all our sector times??

theres like 13 of them :nervous:
There are 11 T-times on the N-ring.
The T11 will be the most discussed since it'll be a good indication of what the lap time is. (there are only the final chicanes that can impact on the lap time after T11).
The laptime will be the one to submit.

So no, T1 to T10 will probably not matter at all unless you want to understand in which sector you're losing time compared to other drivers.

In my practice runs with Nat that we have been doing, we just give the 3's T3, T6, T9, and we discuss our final right now as they are just practice laps.

We have some huge track this week so I would propose some short track next and even maybe week 8 and than in week 9 - Arcade Skyline R34 Vspec II on Grand Valley Speedway (Long) :rolleyes: :D

I'd love to see the Caterham Super Seven Fire Blade sometime seeing as it can't be raced in GT mode. I think it would suit something very twisty and technical like the Driving Park MotorLand track. Make it so CFM ;)

hOt6o4bOi
because its MONOCO GP this weekend
i think we should do COTE DE AZUR!!!!! 👍
in a not too fast car~

Excellent idea, Man. (it's next weekend though, unless that's what you mean)

I second this idea: Petition to CFM. All in favor...Aye hehe.👍

Mojo Rising
Excellent idea, Man. (it's next weekend though, unless that's what you mean)

I second this idea: Petition to CFM. All in favor...Aye hehe.👍
In a lightweight 250hp FR (Honda S2000, MG-F...) that could be fun.

yeah, id love to run cote, but in something not to insane. how about a group B rally Car!! :P.

Back