Super Bowl XLV

• Thread starter Unidos
  • 173 comments
Entertaining game for sure. I wasn't really rooting for either team, but I did put 5 bucks on the Steelers. For that reason I'm a little disappointed that they lost, but otherwise it was a really good clean game.

Very good game.👍

I'm very happy it's over though as now people will talk about other things.

It was funny to see Steeler legend and and former QB Terry Bradshaw have to say that the Packers deserved to win. Slap in the face of Steelers! :lol: :lol:

I managed to stay up to watch the whole game... it seemed like it might be safe to go to bed at half-time when the score reached 21-3, but as it turned out, it went to the wire and I ended up going to bed at around 3.15 am. It's the first time in a long time that I've watched the whole Super Bowl, and it was a belter - well worth being an hour late for work this morning (although I was quite proud of myself for even managing that!)...

It seemed like the Packers and the Steelers almost swapped roles for the 3rd quarter, but they managed to get back on track quickly in the 4th to put the game just beyond the reach of the Steelers... Jennings, Nelson and Rodgers were all very impressive, as was Mendenhall (whose touchdown was fantastic)... great advert for the sport 👍

As a lifelong Packers fan I am very pleased to see the Vince Lombardi Trophy come home.

Did anyone see the national anthem and the halftime show? I didn't watch either - I was wrapping up a GT5 multiplayer game during the national anthem and I didn't bother watching anything at halftime because I despise The Black Eyed Peas. I just ask because everyone was talking about how all the pregame and halftime stuff was utterly terrible but I didn't see it, so was it really as bad as everyone says?

It was probably the least put together halftime show I've seen. I could barely hear the background music for the first 3/4 of it and the microphone levels were way off, Fergies in articular seemed way louder than the others.

Oh, and autotune was used extensively by one of them which pretty much ruins the whole performance.

As for the pre-game show, it was boring as usual(It's Fox so it's basically the exact same show they've done for every other game they've done, only waaaay longer), I think they even cut to commercial in the middle of one of the performances.

Oh jeez, I read that they had Fergie sing a cover of Sweet Child O'Mine. Personally, I think you can consider that a crime against humanity. I didn't even watch it yet I am angered by this.

God, I am so sick of The Black Eyed Peas that words can't even describe it.

Ah, auto-tune. Remind me again, how can you tell when someone is using it on the telly? I did wonder about the music because it sounded like it was either way up too loud or something was wrong with the sound system.

Also, the "LOVE" platform....not all the pink lights came on did it?

Seems like they paid so much for the stars and all the helpers but not on quality stuff....

I've never seen or heard a 'Black-eye Pea' before. My question is, "Why the hell are these people famous?" They have no musical or signing ability whatsoever!

Proof there's too many idiots in this world.

I've never seen or heard a 'Black-eye Pea' before. My question is, "Why the hell are these people famous?" They have no musical or signing ability whatsoever!

Proof there's too many idiots in this world.

They are the typical modern pop act where their music goes through tons of manipulation before getting put on a disc. This of course leads to a "nail on chalk board" type sound when they sing live.

Justin
They are the typical modern pop act where their music goes through tons of manipulation before getting put on a disc. This of course leads to a "nail on chalk board" type sound when they sing live.

LOL excatly

The half time show was beyond pitiful. Even worse than the Who last year.

I think the whole 'Slash cameo' is getting a bit old. I'm starting to think that he is actually just in every band in the world. Saying that, there was a rather embarassing moment just after he had appeared on stage, when it seemed that Axl Rose had somehow managed to sneak past security and started trying to sing 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with Slash. Frankly, he looked absolutely terrible... kudos on the boob job, though.

Slash-and-Fergie.jpg

I actually saw the Black Eyed Peas live last year when they played at the Houston Rodeo. I actually thought they sounded great. I'm not sure what happened last night. But there sure were alot of technical problems.:ill:

Basically, he was saying that Fergie is so worn down and ugly that she looks like a fifty year old man.

I don't understand why The Black Eyed Peas are so popular either. Their songs not only are an assault on the senses, but they all sound the same and are basically about the same thing. They are so vapid and predictable.

Their use of auto-tune irks me more than any other act just for the fact that they didn't use it for the longest time. Auto-tune first came to mainstream use in 1999 with Cher's "Believe", and yet up until 2006, The Black Eyed Peas never used it. And then since a couple years ago, they can't record a song without it. Its like Will.I.Am said one day, "Hey everyone, all the big acts are using auto tune, so why don't we use it too?" Just more evidence that they are a dumb, banal act that has no artistic integrity and instead is just out to make as much money as possible.

The Black Eyed Peas always make me think of a monologue the late Bill Hicks did in 1989 about George Michael. Hicks ripped Michael a new one by humorously criticizing how commercial and overexposed Michael had become, cumulating in saying that , "If money had a dick, George Michael would be a flaming homo!" (Keep in mind this performance was long before Michael came out). Really, the same can be said about the Black Eyed Peas. Hopefully, like Michael, they will soon fade away and eventually just spend their days smoking copious amounts of pot and cruising mens restrooms.

And why is she singing Sweet Child of Mine?

Not a fan of black eyed peas, but I worship the ground the almighty Slash walks on. Fergie sang on a track on slash's solo album. The track was called Beautiful Dangerous. It's actually quite good. I believe Fergie and Slash are good friends too.

Back