Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nismo's youtube channel going to be doing livestreams all season? That's going to make it so much easier to watch if so.

Is Nismo's youtube channel going to be doing livestreams all season? That's going to make it so much easier to watch if so.

During the livestream at Okayama they mentioned they will be at Fuji as well.. Count in Suzuka and Motegi like last year i think so we might be up for a whole season.. :sly:

The Youtube channel 'Super GT' should continue adding English subtitles as well. They come out a a bit later, but make the race a lot more watchable.

Toyota power! That was a great race. And it was only the first race. I think the commentary was ok. The Japanese comentary is better because theyre so enthusiastic and they just sound right. If only we had live subtitles. That prius was mighty in the wet. Only the CRZ came close when the rain lessened. Those RC F's were the same.

The pace that Prius was pulling against that GT-R was amazing! 0-0 Overall very fantastic race by the SGT guys and I can't wait for the next one. :D
I saw that while it was streaming... I've never seen a Toyota go so fast in the field, outside of the Supra and Le Mans machines.

Toyota power! That was a great race. And it was only the first race. I think the commentary was ok. The Japanese comentary is better because theyre so enthusiastic and they just sound right. If only we had live subtitles. That prius was mighty in the wet. Only the CRZ came close when the rain lessened. Those RC F's were the same.
I don't really care to have the Japanese commentary, mainly because I can't understand them and even with subtitles I think I would rather watch the race than spend most of my time reading words at the bottom of the screen.

I watch without subs first them watch again with them. Either way it's better than the Radio Le Mans commentary.

I don't really care to have the Japanese commentary, mainly because I can't understand them and even with subtitles I think I would rather watch the race than spend most of my time reading words at the bottom of the screen.
Their commentary makes the race imo. I like hearing them go to the pit girl for info. Only knowing a little bit of info on Japanese goes a long way.

Tune in right now!
And again! :D
The Youtube channel 'Super GT' should continue adding English subtitles as well. They come out a a bit later, but make the race a lot more watchable.
And another time! :D

Painful to drive, painfully slow; in the words of RLM.
They had a painful Qualifying session as well. :embarrassed:

Someone tell RLM next time the GoodSmile Racing itasha was painful to the rest of the field as they won their second GT300 drivers title last year. :D

They're quite a pain to get them out of that first position. #FIGHTGSR

It seems that having a new car doesn't really change their fortunes, huh? Must be that Hatsune Miku power, it's like the car plays her songs and hypnotizes all the other GT300 drivers... :lol:

I have no words.

upload_2015-4-11_15-59-34.png

I have to say, the man who runs SuperGT (the YT channel that uploaded the English-subbed video that k12 posted) deserves a medal for working so hard to add subtitles to these races. The man should have an official status added to that role, because he does quite a lot for Super GT's international popularity.

Also, how in the heck did I miss Andre Couto being in GAINER's car now? Never thought I'd see him racing for GAINER TANAX. It's great to hear that, the man deserves it. 👍

Last edited:
hsv
GAINAX the new shorthand for GAINER TANAX? :lol:

Also, if you like SGT, there's also a chance you like SFormula - and there's now a thread up. ;)

Alley-oops. :lol: Actually, I just did an anime reference; isn't GAINAX the studio that created Neon Evangellion? Silly me, I dun goof'd.

Hmm, is that so? Well, if the racing is close enough (F1 is enough unfair racing for me, with all the Mercedes domination), I might have a look.

Adding my name in to make sure I follow this great series this year. My Japanese GCSE gets dusted off every time I watch the races, but still great fun. Love this series, think it's pretty much the perfect national GT/sportscar series. Absolutely creams TUDOR right now, anyway. :)

Adding my name in to make sure I follow this great series this year. My Japanese GCSE gets dusted off every time I watch the races, but still great fun. Love this series, think it's pretty much the perfect national GT/sportscar series. Absolutely creams TUDOR right now, anyway. :)
Wish my school did a Japanese GCSE. :eek:

Wait...in the preview image for that subbed Super GT race, I can see the words "Sakura Ladies Clinic" on the S-Road GT-R...why am I being reminded of the Le Mans-winning McLaren F1GTR's "Ueno Clinic" sponsorship right now? :lol:

DK
Wait...in the preview image for that subbed Super GT race, I can see the words "Sakura Ladies Clinic" on the S-Road GT-R...why am I being reminded of the Le Mans-winning McLaren F1GTR's "Ueno Clinic" sponsorship right now? :lol:
They do gynecology, so... :ill:

hsv
GAINAX the new shorthand for GAINER TANAX? :lol:

Also, if you like SGT, there's also a chance you like SFormula - and there's now a thread up. ;)
thanks for getting my hopes up for a full-on "official" anime racing team. Similarly, it would be kinda cool if FUNimation ever wanted to go racing

31 and 1 take poles. 1 sets the new GT500 lap record (no major surprise), which was only 0.7 seconds off last year's LMP1 pole time. These cars are blindingly fast.

Some tidbits to do with coverage...

I'll be taking the day off tomorrow, again, so live Twitter updates will be provided by @race_addict. I'll likely do some pre-race and definitely post-race however (@FR_Racing). Currently scrambling round to see if the #47 DIJON entry is at the track, let alone if it will actually start. As mentioned in the SGT group, we're trying to get people to use #Fuji500 to make questions/comments a little easier to track.

Finally, I'm getting into talks with RLM regarding their coverage with Nissan. I'm trying to get all English-based coverage, no matter how big or small, all under one roof so to speak. It'll make sharing info much simpler for everyone, make it easier to contribute to the discussion, whilst everyone can remain separate entities (theoretically). It started small-scale in Okayama, technically, after we managed to provide the general info for their coverage.

The more people we get supporting, the more momentum we get, the more likely it is everyone will agree to something.

Over and out. Unless we have anything interesting to discuss for the next 7 hours... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back