Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
hsv
Over and out. Unless we have anything interesting to discuss for the next 7 hours... :P
Yes, got your picks to win the race? :D

In GT300, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas' former teammate (Kazuki Hoshino) takes the win with the NDDP GT-R GT3 in GT300. I'll will be pleased with a podium for the GOODSMILE HATSUNE MIKU SLS, tbh. :D But I'm wondering if the PRIUS apr GT will still haul the mail over a 500 km distance? I wouldn't be surprised if it does despite it's 40 kg handicap. See 2014 Fuji 500 and the GoodSmile Racing Hatsune Miku BMZ Z4 GT3. ;)

For GT500, it would be nice if the D'station ADVAN GT-R pulls out a win with Lucas Ordonez having his birthday this past Friday. But I feel like putting a additional 200 yen on the Mighty Quint, Tsugio Matsuda and the Motul Autech GT-R to play it safe.

GT300: You'd be mad to write the Prius off. But I'm going to do just that. I expect some kind of major issue for it late into the race. If there's one car to come through, GSR it is. Expect both GAINER cars to be with around them.

GT500: If the #1 can control that pace, it's in the clear. However, we all know what Oliveira gets up to when he sees a bit of a gap. Never write TOM'S off, either. Every major JAF sanctioned race this year has been won by a TOM'S car...

Eehhh, I'm not too confident for a GSR podium honestly. Would be nice but there are many that have a better pace than it.

Unless the Prius spins out in the first corner, just like it did in 2012 :sly:

Reactions: hsv
After some analysis of the Honda woes in qualifying, I'm just about to analyse some of the qualifying data. It should give us a much better idea of who the race will swing to. If I'm feeling fancy, I could try a graph...

Just analysed the sector times. The #1 has its clearest advantage (about 2/3 tenths on any other car) in sector two, probably beginning from Coca Cola too. The #8 and #46 had started eventually aborted laps at the same time, so we have some good sector 1/2 data to go off - it seems that the Honda can hang in on the first sector fairly well, only about 2 tenths down from the #1 (I'd suggest that was from Coca Cola too) - this means it's very likely they still have that edge in straight line pace. Sector two, about 5 tenths on average, so it's pretty clear they still have a balance issue overall.

Lots of tire problems it seems, or at least I have noticed with one eye on this and the other eye on the V8SC race. :D

desktop.png

Edit: GT-R lockout 1-2 in both classes. :)

Last edited:
^ I did that for Silverstone WEC and Blancpain Monza 3 hrs.

GTR's here, GTR's there, GTR's everywhere. A good weekend for Nissan.

The Prius was essentially a victim at that point. Worn out tires on a car with loads of torque on a track that has a lot of point-and-squirt sections like Fuji meant it was always gonna be touch and go at the end; the 40 kilos of Ballast sure didn't help either. Another thing that probably didn't help it at the end is the fact that the JAF-GT cars aren't allowed to have driver aids either, although it wasn't really a hinderance last time out at Okayama.

Nevertheless, a first and a fourth is a great start to the season for the Prius after a rather up and down 2014 campaign. Good race allround, can't wait for Chang!

The Prius was essentially a victim at that point. Worn out tires on a car with loads of torque on a track that has a lot of point-and-squirt sections like Fuji meant it was always gonna be touch and go at the end; the 40 kilos of Ballast sure didn't help either. Another thing that probably didn't help it at the end is the fact that the JAF-GT cars aren't allowed to have driver aids either.
Allow me to do the math:

Massive torque + 450bhp - Traction Control = Nightmare.
'nuff said.

This may seem a bit weird, but if the rumors of 450bhp GT300s are correct, I wonder what it would be like if the 86 MC raced in the Blancpain Series?

Lots of tire problems it seems, or at least I have noticed with one eye on this and the other eye on the V8SC race. :D

View attachment 359008

Edit: GT-R lockout 1-2 in both classes. :)
I imagine a lot of eye tennis was going on for your part? :D

So what are your other thoughts on the race? If I'm not mistaken there were a few GT300 cars having a go at 2-stop strategies.

I imagine a lot of eye tennis was going on for your part? :D

So what are your other thoughts on the race? If I'm not mistaken there were a few GT300 cars having a go at 2-stop strategies.
I had the Super GT race on mute, was just paying attention mainly to the leader boards. V8's come first. ;)

No V8SuperView subscription at my end yet. I might sign up for that come time for the Enduros, but I digress. ;)

This may seem a bit weird, but if the rumors of 450bhp GT300s are correct, I wonder what it would be like if the 86 MC raced in the Blancpain Series?
GT300s would destroy Blancpain spec GT3 cars.

hsv
GT300s would destroy Blancpain spec GT3 cars.
All the GT300's? Don't forget there's 2 different specs in that class, JAF GT300 and FIA GT3 adapted to GT300.

And I'm sorta worried it would be the Lotus and '86''s that might not hold up well enough at this point.

All the GT300's? Don't forget there's 2 different specs in that class, JAF GT300 and FIA GT3 adapted to GT300.

And I'm sorta worried it would be the Lotus and '86''s that might not hold up well enough at this point.
All of them. Apart from the likes of Pacific.

hsv
All of them. Apart from the likes of Pacific.
If for some reason they can beat any of the Blancpain GT3's, I can imagine the girls of μ's will be singing to OP theme to "Giant Killing". :D

Come to think of it, maybe the entire GT300 grid for that matter. :sly:

Reactions: hsv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back