Supercar Handicap Championship, It's over folks. Massive thankyou to all who took part.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 277 comments
TNR_FILO

Welcome Filo, impressive credentials!

Am I too late for a spot on the grid, my good man?

Never too late Nuts, I'll always find a way of fitting a top bloke in đź‘Ť

If it does get full I'd quite happily relinquish my place and drop to a reserve

That's very good of you Paul. I honestly doubt if it will ever come to being a lock-out situation, but there are three weeks to go...

Cheers, Zo.

Sign me up please Zo.

You're in đź‘Ť

Hi, interested in this, how do I get involved and also how do I get involved with your other races?
Holsy

Hi Holsy. Just join the 'Racers Reunited' community on PS4 (so you can get into the racing lounge), (I think you'll need to send a friends request to Zolon32 too) and keep your eye on the Racers Reunited threads here at GTP. We meet up each Tuesday for more casual racing, but that will go on hold whilst this Championship takes place.

Come along any Tuesday and see how you like it, we're a very friendly bunch :)

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Zo.

Brilliant response so far.

I'm an idiot. I hadn't actually signed up and thought I had?!?
If possible my usual number please #88. I know I'll miss at least one race so if you need me on the reserve list that's fine.

Looks like this will be a blast. Some very fast guys signing up too!!
:cheers:

I honestly doubt if it will ever come to being a lock-out situation, but there are three weeks to go...
It didn't take three days and there are still three weeks to go. :P

Personal circumstances have changed somewhat over the weekend so I might have less (or more!) time. So for now stick me on the reserves to free up a space.

(or more!)

I understand your point Paul, but if I move you to the reserves now, then that's you stuck in the reserves even if your circumstances do lead to you being free to engage fully in the event. So, I intend leaving you as a 1st line sign-up, and if you really are unable to compete, then the 1st reserve can step in.

Ironically brief John, but you've got into the
I'm an idiot. I hadn't actually signed up and thought I had?!?
If possible my usual number please #88

SUTS! I'm so sorry, I can't believe I hadn't noticed that you weren't on the list. I've got you down now fella, and we'll see how it goes once the 6th comes around. My experience of these things indicates that not everyone turns up, as I'm sure you know.

I'd like to sign up as a reserve. #67

JaySee, you're on the list.

Cheers, Zo.

So, I intend leaving you as a 1st line sign-up
Oh OK. In that case...

20180108011615.jpg

They are a sort of deep orangey red colour.
20180108011609.jpg

Ey up racers.
Was thinking about doing a little bit practice tomorrow night.
An online (private) lobby would be way better than fighting my ghost or AI.
Anyone interested?

I will take #19 please

Hoki koki Holsy.

Anyone interested?

I'll try to escape the clutches of married life Russ, but I'm not able to say a definite yes I'm afraid. (In fact, I am afraid, that's why I can't say a definite yes :lol:)

Okay folks, there are a couple of matters I'd like to sort fully before we start..

1/ Who gets into the room. The primary signups have priority. I will get the room set up around 8:00pm GMT (BST after 25th March). Those who are on the primary signup list have until 8:30pm to join. Once 8:30pm has passed, then the reserves can join if there are any spaces. The room will be set up for a fastest first grid (Unless someone knows how to set up qualifying, I can't find it), with the first race kicking off at 8:40pm prompt.

2/ General driving discipline. Some contact is inevitable in the heat of battle. However, if your contact with another driver knocks him off his chosen line, then you are not allowed to pass him. If you do so you must give the place back immediately (Whilst taking care not to impede other drivers. Don't blame me, you did it!).

3/ Track limits. I think that the penalty system for track cutting works very well. It will be set to strong, and I trust it to police the situation. However, of course, if anyone systematically abuses the system, repeatedly taking the penalty, then that could be cause for disqualification. It's not worth it, honestly.

4/ The Handicap. This will be determined by your average finish position in races you have completed, not your position in the Championship. ie, if someone misses a week, and drops down the rankings, they may still be in the fastest car if their average finish has been in the top third of the field. Additionally, where the number of people who have competed and received a handicap ranking is not divisible by 3 exactly, then the weighting of handicap will be in favour of faster cars.

5/ Where a primary signup competitor has missed two consecutive meetings he will become a reserve, and his position will go to the next on the reserve list.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
I haven't turned a wheel, either the virtual ones or the one attached to my desk, for about a month @Zolon32 so my participation is going to be unlikely at the start. I'll try and get some practice in at some point during the next couple of weeks then if spaces become available over the championship I may well be able to jump in.

Once you've got it all sorted out you might want to add your bolded message above to post 1 or 2

"you must give the place back immediately" As soon as practically possible might be better, since someone slowing suddenly can often cause confusion to following drivers who may not have seen any incident. The hazard lights might have a use here too?

"you must give the place back immediately" As soon as practically possible might be better, since someone slowing suddenly can often cause confusion to following drivers who may not have seen any incident. The hazard lights might have a use here too?

I've made an addition to the rule Paul. That should take care of it. To be honest, I'm not expecting much of this behaviour anyway.

Cheers, Zo.

I don't make it next week races - too busy with real life commitments. It's seems that I'm too busy anyway so Zo put me as reserve driver. I'll try to join you maybe couple of last races.

Back