Sure I want the new Ford GT, but I wouldn't trade a single VGT for it.

You mean like this:
:rolleyes:
Completely different design between real air brakes and SRT air brakes.
The real air brakes are attached to the body in the bottom.

Ay ay ay. The airbrakes (train and jet) you posted are "attached to the body in the bottom" because that's their sole function. If they had to function as highly specialized rudders (aero blades in this case), attaching them to the bottom would severely limit it...

Now if your point of contention is that "it needs to be attached to the bottom!" then you can look at some canards that double as airbrakes as well. Exemple here. And here. It's not the same type of pivoting because again, that's not its function, but the panel is "attached" by one point only.

If your doubt is "how just one pivot point can work!?" there's a simple physics experiment you can perform.

You need a cardboard sheet, a pencil, a fan and your best hand.
If your cardboard is a perfect rectangle, just find its center point and stick it through with the pencil.
Turn on the fan at max speed.
Now hold the pencil perpendicularly to the floor with your thumb resting towards the tip, touching the cardboard blade.
Play around by turning your wrist in front of the wind!

You'll soon notice when the blade has the smallest surface area, there's no pressure from the cardboard in your thumb tip, it is mostly cutting the air.
When your thumb tip is turned towards the fan, you'll feel the most pressure in it, but if you found the center point or close enough, allied with the cardboards flex, nothing will (should) happen to the system.
But when you turn your thumb tip away from the fan, the pressure will be the lowest on your tip, and you'll probably see some instability in your cardboard active aero, maybe it'll even leave the pencil depending on your fan.

Then you can make four of those and become a tomahawk yourself.

Last edited:
Ay ay ay. The airbrakes (train and jet) you posted are "attached to the body in the bottom" because that's their sole function. If they had to function as highly specialized rudders (aero blades in this case), attaching them to the bottom would severely limit it...

Now if your point of contention is that "it needs to be attached to the bottom!" then you can look at some canards that double as airbrakes as well. Exemple here. And here. It's not the same type of pivoting because again, that's not its function, but the panel is "attached" by one point only.

If your doubt is "how just one pivot point can work!?" there's a simple physics experiment you can perform.

You need a cardboard sheet, a pencil, a fan and your best hand.
If your cardboard is a perfect rectangle, just find its center point and stick it through with the pencil.
Turn on the fan at max speed.
Now hold the pencil perpendicularly to the floor with your thumb resting towards the tip, touching the cardboard blade.
Play around by turning your wrist in front of the wind!

You'll soon notice when the blade has the smallest surface area, there's no pressure from the cardboard in your thumb tip, it is mostly cutting the air.
When your thumb tip is turned towards the fan, you'll feel the most pressure in it, but if you found the center point or close enough, allied with the cardboards flex, nothing will (should) happen to the system.
But when you turn your thumb tip away from the fan, the pressure will be the lowest on your tip, and you'll probably see some instability in your cardboard active aero, maybe it'll even leave the pencil depending on your fan.

Then you can make for of those and become a tomahawk yourself.
First is this seems to you attached in the center?
Special Stage Route X.jpg

Second,here's a more realistic physics experiment:
Take cardboard sheet,a pencil and go towards hurricane,I guarantee your that this experiment will be successful 👍

First is this seems to you attached in the center?

Second,here's a more realistic physics experiment:
Take cardboard sheet,a pencil and go towards hurricane,I guarantee your that this experiment will be successful 👍

Center ... of mass?
A cardboard rectangle ("If your cardboard is a perfect rectangle") will be evenly distributed, having its center likely near the rectangle center.
Now that wing doesn't have the same thickness or shape throughout so it wouldn't be the same.

But I'll try your experiment next time!

I'd trade most of the VGT's to get a couple of standard cars upgraded. I toss them into the stockyard most of the time. I kept the first one & the LM55. Great idea that really didn't produce the results I personally expected. It is possible I had unreal expectations. Some of them were totally out of left field though...

The Copperhead was a real car. That particular configuration was not. The LMs are a yes & no because some of them were clearly, heavily inspired by real racing cars. I believe someone on here a couple years ago even had a thread outlining which cars had real life counterparts.

But, the biggest difference between your examples & the VGTs is that the LMs are all easily within' the realm of being replicated in real life because again, the inspiration for them comes from real race cars. Some of the VGT cars seem based on using technology that hasn't even been invented yet that would allow what the game "simulates". Most are just pure concept cars that have little-to-no chance of seeing production unlike the LMs which could be legitimately built to go racing.
Got a link to the thread about the LM Cars? Or anyone? Please?

Back