Suzuka 750pp HOTLAP (online free run)

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 321 comments
1'57.842 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - Synwraith

T1 = 51.5xx
T2 = 1'35.0xx

Same setup as posted before, only differences being rear wing reduced to 33 and HP moved up a notch to hit 750PP, and from start/finish to after dunlop TC = 0, from Dunlop exit to end of lap TC = 1. Maybe this could be further refined with a bit more research.

Controller used was Sixaxis with d-pad and trigger buttons X and square.

PS3? £300
GT5P? £20
Corvette/Tuned? 200,000 credits
Practice at Suzuka? 6 months
Knowing Mr_P and Sphinx are still faster? Priceless.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Last edited:
Nice times guys!

I'll try getting some times in for the Viper tommorow. Might be able to dip into the :56's. Gotta figure out how to save replays to :(

*"Save The Best Lap Replay" / "Ghost Replay" -function:
save_best_lap.jpg

there :)

1'56.752 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
412 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3

Suspension:
-10 / -5 mm
4 / 5
1 / 1
0 / 0
1.5 / 2.5 °
10 / 10

Gears:
100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 444lol km/h
thanks to zabeu and synwraith for the nice comments :)

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704003.rar
    117.1 KB · Views: 17
1'57.713 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - Synwraith

T1 = 51.4xx
T2 = 1'34.9xx

Same setup as before, this time TC set to 1 for the whole lap. Replay is available upon request so you can laugh at how I goofed Spoon and still managed an improved time.

FAK

thanks to zabeu and synwraith for the nice comments :)

Hahah and Fak goes a WHOLE SECOND faster haha, you are incredible mate, always a pleasure 👍 :)

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704008.rar
    35.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
FAK
100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 444lol km/h
Great driving, what a smooth run! I'd have loved to see you hit those 444 km/h though :dopey:
Clean & green, of course. 👍

1'57.713 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - Synwraith
Maziar, I'd like to return the favour and have a look at this lap or a later run if you improve your time. I doubt I can give better advice than Hugo (or good advice at all :)) but who knows. I understand you're not very impressed by my rough-and-tumble effort? :D

Maziar, I'd like to return the favour and have a look at this lap or a later run if you improve your time. I doubt I can give better advice than Hugo (or good advice at all :)) but who knows. I understand you're not very impressed by my rough-and-tumble effort? :D

Mate, it would be pleasure and an honour! Hugo's advice was awesome, and pretty much directly responsible for my improvements, albeit 1 tenth at a time :P I will upload as soon as I'm home.

I haven't viewed your lap yet! No excuses at all, just pure laziness with the whole USB upstairs downstairs thing ;)

All the best
Maz

ok thx mate, now I need a usb stick lol

and im not driving R2 anymore, its like a big bulldozer in the sssss :crazy:
but good topspeed, 277 main straight !! but heres my current setup:

R3 R3
16 21

-10 -8
10 6
10 8
-0.25 0.00
2.2 2.9
9 10
off

and i got 1:57.121 with this
T1 51.4
T2 1:34.3

works well in the race, good in sssss and 272 topspeed 👍

Hey Zab, I've uploaded my replay now. Tried to unzip yours but my computer didn't recognise the file type. Is it possible to get your zippeed folder but not renamed?

Sorry I quit the race you were in mate, the incredible amount of times I got violated in that race (including being driven INTO the pit wall) were unacceptable. I did see yer brake lights ;)

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

1'56.362 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
430 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3
16/22

Suspension:
-10 / -7 mm
4 / 6
3 / 3
-0.25 / 0
2.2 / 2.9 °
10 / 9
Gears:
100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 872<--:dopey: km/h

Stealed some settings from motoriosvette's setup and it worked fine :),now it's a bit tricky to drive in the esses but very fast in straights.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704003.rar
    120.4 KB · Views: 22
FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
430 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3
16/22

Suspension:
-10 / -7 mm
4 / 6
3 / 3
-0.25 / 0
2.2 / 2.9 °
10 / 9
Gears:

Stealed some settings from motoriosvette's setup and it worked fine :),now it's a bit tricky to drive in the esses but very fast in straights.
Wait, is this legal? Seriously?

FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
430 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3
16/22

Suspension:
-10 / -7 mm
4 / 6
3 / 3
-0.25 / 0
2.2 / 2.9 °
10 / 9
Gears:

<---Picking jaw up off the ground. Dude, you are amazing! 👍 You are seriously at another level. Mad respect.

I want to see what you can do in the Viper...:dopey:

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post..

1:57.383|Dodge Viper/Tuned - timeattack07gt using controller

Should be able to crack into 56's tommorow with some luck and a little tuning. Only did about 2-3 laps and came up with this time after tuning, so I believe 56's will happen. Low 56's would likely be possible with a wheel...which should be coming next week sometime. I'll try and get a replay tommorow when I have a chance.

Last edited:
FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
430 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3
16/22

Suspension:
-10 / -7 mm
4 / 6
3 / 3
-0.25 / 0
2.2 / 2.9 °
10 / 9
Gears:

Fak is what i say! mad props, wicked time.

FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
430 HP
969 kg
R3 / R3
16/22

Suspension:
-10 / -7 mm
4 / 6
3 / 3
-0.25 / 0
2.2 / 2.9 °
10 / 9
Gears:

I know we're supposed to post something constructive but,... Damn! :scared:

FAK

Ok when the heck did Schumi get a PS3?

What a bloody amazing time! I just look at Suzuka and I can't see where I can find 1.4 seconds...is it all about the straightline speed?! Well done FAK, incredible.

Timeattack07GT, great time in the Viper man, I have no doubts you'll make it into the 1'56s.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Watched your replay twice now, Maziar. So here's what I think (to be taken with a big grain of salt as I have no experience with your car!):

Nice line in the esses, perhaps a bit fast in the first left-hander and the last right but great acceleration into Dunlop. A bit late into Degner 1 and very late into Degner 2; I think the latter costs you relatively dearly because you cannot accelerate well onto the long straightish stretch leading to the hairpin. I'd try braking gentlier and earlier there, trail-braking if you can (you're using a pad it seems?). And I'd also try entering the hairpin on the inside, you're driving a very wide entry which is fine with an underpowered car that needs to keep the momentum, but I've found the more capable cars to benefit from the shorter distance traveled on a tight entry line.

Yup, Spoon is wide and the exit a bit slippery, but you handled it nicely. 130R is mighty fine, but at the chicane you should be able to gain a lot by entering slower, exiting the right-hander on the far right so you can accelerate earlier and harder before the left-hander, so you'll already be carrying more speed when you enter the loooong home straight. If your suspension allows it, you might benefit from using more of the rumble strips here.

In general, if I may I'd like to advise you to watch and think even further ahead, the earlier you start thinking about the next corner and what's beyond the more rounded your line will be. You're already on the right path there for sure though.

Re: my zip, I'm afraid I don't understand why opening it fails for you. What program do you use, do you open it directly from the browser or download to your hard disk first? If you want the zip file to carry the name of the replay folder, rename it to "BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704049.zip" - though that shouldn't change a thing. I'm a bit puzzled :)

Watched your replay twice now, Maziar. So here's what I think (to be taken with a big grain of salt as I have no experience with your car!):

No chance, your advice is as solid and well-informed as Hugo's.

Nice line in the esses, perhaps a bit fast in the first left-hander and the last right but great acceleration into Dunlop. A bit late into Degner 1 and very late into Degner 2; I think the latter costs you relatively dearly because you cannot accelerate well onto the long straightish stretch leading to the hairpin.

I've always tried to never drop below 70mph in the corner, do you still recommend a similar apex speed but just start braking and turning in earlier? Maybe also take less kerb?

I totally agree with you saying late into Degner 1, I was racing somebody yesterday and I have started braking halfway between the two markers on the left of the track on the straight before Deg 1. He pulled away as he broke and turned later, but I got on the gas sooner and managed to carry 114mph through the turn, as a result I actually passed him on the inside before Deg 2. So consider that amended :)

I'd try braking gentlier and earlier there, trail-braking if you can (you're using a pad it seems?). And I'd also try entering the hairpin on the inside, you're driving a very wide entry which is fine with an underpowered car that needs to keep the momentum, but I've found the more capable cars to benefit from the shorter distance traveled on a tight entry line.

I actually have no idea what Trail-braking is, I remember there was a Transformers character called "Trailbreaker" but that's it ;)

Haha yeah the jerky turning of the car in 200R will give away any pad users on d-pad.

I will definitely try the tactic of inside line at the hairpin, I'm looking forward to giving that atry as I recall Sphinx and Mr_P using that line to great effect.

Yup, Spoon is wide and the exit a bit slippery, but you handled it nicely. 130R is mighty fine, but at the chicane you should be able to gain a lot by entering slower, exiting the right-hander on the far right so you can accelerate earlier and harder before the left-hander, so you'll already be carrying more speed when you enter the loooong home straight. If your suspension allows it, you might benefit from using more of the rumble strips here.

Again, I try to maintain an apex speed at the right hander of Casio above 50mph, but it seems you think that may cost me. The only concern I have here is that if i go far right then start accelerating into th eleft hander with a tight angle to take a lot of kerbing, I get mammoth oversteer. I know this can be held in check with throttle control, but how do you go from 50% to 40% using the sixaxis "X" button :guilty: Maybe I should start using R2 for throttle.

In general, if I may I'd like to advise you to watch and think even further ahead, the earlier you start thinking about the next corner and what's beyond the more rounded your line will be. You're already on the right path there for sure though.

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to review the lap, not just once but twice. I said to Hugo the other day, you are a credit to the community for taking time to improve another's driving and technique. The only thing I can think of giving you both in return is to take your advice and improve.

Re: my zip, I'm afraid I don't understand why opening it fails for you. What program do you use, do you open it directly from the browser or download to your hard disk first? If you want the zip file to carry the name of the replay folder, rename it to "BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704049.zip" - though that shouldn't change a thing. I'm a bit puzzled :)

I will try again, it is undoubtedly a case of me being a numpty :)

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Last edited:
I've always tried to never drop below 70mph in the corner, do you still recommend a similar apex speed but just start braking and turning in earlier? Maybe also take less kerb?
Apex speed is usually not as important as exit speed, and that's certainly the case in Degner 2. I remember losing a lot of time there trying to keep my apex speed up. Now I try to time my braking and turning in so that I can begin to apply power before I actually hit the kerb, in the NSX as well as in the GT. You may not be able to hit the kerb as hard with the Corvette though because the FR layout doesn't cope with the temporary loss of traction over the kerb as well as the MR design, but the principle remains the same.

The same applies to the left-hander exiting the chicane, and that one is even more crucial for a good lap time.

I actually have no idea what Trail-braking is, I remember there was a Transformers character called "Trailbreaker" but that's it ;)
It's easing off the brakes late, while you begin to apply steering input. Very effective technique for convincing the car to turn in quicker than it normally would. Most good drivers do it without actually thinking about it, but it doesn't hurt to do it more consciously (some even say that is the road to perfection).

Finally, FAK's and Hugo's laps with the Corvette have shown the quick techniques better than I could ever hope to describe in words, so for every corner, they should be your ultimate reference! :)

Oh and be sure to tell me whether you managed to unzip my replay, either here or per PM. :cheers:

seems like its still the same

-> slow in -> fast out?! :D
:) sort of, you're using the slowing-in to get fast through, but actually I don't think I have to tell a driver of your caliber anything about it! :P

Edit: I watched Maffski in the F40 (looks fun fighting with the car :P) and FAK's 56.3 run (crazy quick), all clean driving.

Last edited:
ok, so where do i sign up for the driving lessons? my best time in the s2k is 1'58'433. i tried rudi's setup, and while its fast, i have a hard time controlling the car on r2's it takes a whole lot more concentration compared to the r3's. I feel as though i'm at my limit but i'm still doing something wrong. I'm guessing i'll have to upload a replay and have it critiqued.

Also, do you guys race online with these settings? I find it harder to race online with a free run setup built for the sole purpose of achieveing the best time possible. simply because compared to free run there are so many different factors to consider, two of the most important being the racing line and other opponents. the lines you run in free run are altered 90% of the time (except when running upfront) when racing online due to the other cars on the track, i tend to tune for a easier/less demanding setup than to tune for speed.

That's one hell of a laptime in the Z06 FAK :scared: I viewed it and it's clean and green
green_flag.gif
👍

It actually made me go and have some more free run laps myself and decided to add a few of your settings to the car .. I couldn't do the gears as I'm running with mph so I stuck with using only 4 gears on it as it suits my braking and accelerating points, anyway cutting a long story short I had numerous improvements very quickly ( which shows how crappy my settings really were ) and settled on this for now ..

1'57.133 | Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / Tuned - Mr P

Great tip with wacking the ABS up! I only put it on 3 but it helps so much at the final chicane to stop the cars momentum, Congrats again and thanks for the settings tips also :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704004.rar
    115.1 KB · Views: 12
1'57.133 | Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / Tuned - Mr P

Great tip with wacking the ABS up! I only put it on 3 but it helps so much at the final chicane to stop the cars momentum, Congrats again and thanks for the settings tips also :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

Dammit Ron :P Excellent time mate, talk about you guys raising the bar!

When you raised the ABS, did you also increase the front/rear brake balance values the way FAK did too?

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Updated. Stotty, great lap!! I got it working now. I guess it was the renaming that did the error before.. :(

:cheers:

edit:

Ron too, Great lap buddy!! :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back