Suzuka 750pp HOTLAP (online free run)

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 321 comments
Great work, Jerry :cheers:

Maz, good to hear my tips work for you 👍
I got my replay as a .rar now. I hope you can make use of it now. A ghost is more clear than a few words!

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704003.rar
    116.8 KB · Views: 17
:cheers: Thanks for moving this, Jerry. 👍 I wondered that it might happen some time as not many really showed interest of sharing their setups.. :lol:

Hugo, as I said in the settings thread, as soon as my internet at home is fixed I can put into use your excellent advice. I really do appreciate everything you've said, just wish there was something I could offer in return to show my thanks!

It's absolutely driving me mad not being able to put together a 1'57 lap. Before my internet went down yesterday I managed another 51.5 in T1 and I even did a 1'35.2xx in T2...looking at Jerry's time that should have put me at a high 1'57 easy...then I messed up the chicane. I know it's there, but it's just not happening.

Also, is it against the spirit of this competition if just before the hairpin I put the TC up to about 2/3 to get better traction out of the hairpin, and then switch it back to zero straight after? I was having some joy with that but I didn't know if that was frowned upon or not.

Timo, as soon as I nail a decent enough time I will happily post my setup!!

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Hugo, as I said in the settings thread, as soon as my internet at home is fixed I can put into use your excellent advice. I really do appreciate everything you've said, just wish there was something I could offer in return to show my thanks!

It's absolutely driving me mad not being able to put together a 1'57 lap. Before my internet went down yesterday I managed another 51.5 in T1 and I even did a 1'35.2xx in T2...looking at Jerry's time that should have put me at a high 1'57 easy...then I messed up the chicane. I know it's there, but it's just not happening.

Also, is it against the spirit of this competition if just before the hairpin I put the TC up to about 2/3 to get better traction out of the hairpin, and then switch it back to zero straight after? I was having some joy with that but I didn't know if that was frowned upon or not.

Timo, as soon as I nail a decent enough time I will happily post my setup!!

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

If the In-Race RA Functions help then use them. using them shouldn't be frowned upon as it's part of the game. (anyone disagree?)

If you view my replay then you will see that I've used TC throughout the entire lap. I believe I had it set to 2, but I have no idea if that's too much or too little, all I know is that it helped. :dopey: 👍

As you have said, any aid that can make you faster should be used. Why not?

But I do understand that some want to drive with as few aids as possible.. Whatever makes you happy. 👍

My personal opinion about TC is that it'll slow you down on the hairpin... even with rear wheel drive. Sometimes you just need a little slip at the rear to make the car rotate as fast as possible.. :D

Maziar, would be nice of you if you'd post your setup! 👍

If the In-Race RA Functions help then use them. using them shouldn't be frowned upon as it's part of the game. (anyone disagree?)

Can't help thinking it's potentially going to give an even bigger advantage than the G25 clutch. Correct me if I'm wrong here - In-Race RA is available to any controller but the DF-GT is somehow easier/more convenient to use, like it's on a dial and all the rest have a menu?

Can't help thinking it's potentially going to give an even bigger advantage than the G25 clutch. Correct me if I'm wrong here - In-Race RA is available to any controller but the DF-GT is somehow easier/more convenient to use, like it's on a dial and all the rest have a menu?

To this point I have believed that the menu system is the same, but there just is buttons made specially for the menu and adjusting. You still need to go first to menu and select the option that you're going to adjust... ? Just like with DFP, but different buttons.

To this point I have believed that the menu system is the same, but there just is buttons made specially for the menu and adjusting. You still need to go first to menu and select the option that you're going to adjust... ? Just like with DFP, but different buttons.

In that case I retract my objection - seems the playing field is level - no problem 👍

@pee drei en tralalla

I love your sig!

:lol:

edit:

updated my elise laptime.. still some teths there.. I'll post the replay when I'm happy.. (I have 7days, remember.. :lol:)

Last edited:
1'57.972 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - Synwraith

Finally, FINALLY, finally! The key? Traction control. Thanks to Jerry for the clue to put it at 2 through the whole lap. Worked a dream.

Hugo, I watched your lap, I;d say it was almost perfection. What I noticed was that I think I take the first 3 esses faster, but the way you took Dunlop totally full speed without ever lifting...that was awesome and that's the key to the first sector of your lap, as well as both you and Jerry hit 114 mph in Degner 1 and never lifted off until Degner 2. Very impressive.

I also noticed both you and Jerry started accelerating midcorner at the hairpin and I have to wait until I am almost facing straight. I can see clearly where you guys are gaining pace, not to mention Hugo you blitzed 130R at 151mph! Great line.

Lastly, you guys were both making use fo 5th gear and were a few mph faster at the end of the straight. I gotta ask again, "lengthening" a ratio means giving it a higher top speed right?

Anyhow, here's my setup using RVT's baseline:

Power: -30
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20F 35R

Suspension
Ride Height: -10F -10R
Spring Rate: 7F 4R
Dampers: 5F 7R
Toe: -0.26F +0.16R
Camber: 2.6F 1.7R
Brake Balance: 4F 6R

Other
Max Turning Angle: 40
TCS: 2
ABS: 1

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.308
2nd Gear: 1.588
3rd Gear: 1.180
4th Gear: 0.896
5th Gear: N/A
6th Gear: N/A
Final Gear: 3.620

Now to use Hugo's tuning tips...

EDIT I've attached a replay, and I've tried to take Sphinx's advice ;)

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704007.rar
    35 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
hey timmpaq, had chance to validate my viper lap yet?

Can't believe you've gone faster still in the elise!

Right, I've exhausted my drunken online racing skills, now let's try the flying laps eh?

If I don't get into the 57's tonight I'm not going to sleep.

Hmm...just sober enough to dip below the 59's.

Did a 1:58.956 lol...Will try again tomorow.

GTR set-ups anyone? All I can make it do is launch!

Last edited:
1'57.905 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - Synwraith

Chip...chip...chip...

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704008.rar
    35.6 KB · Views: 9
Did a couple more runs and nailed a 1'57.524 with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned using the DC tune v.2 with small gear changes. Could say i'm pleased with that allthough it was far from perfect :)

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704013.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Did a couple more runs and nailed a 1'57.524 with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned using the DC tune v.2 with small gear changes. Could say i'm pleased with that allthough it was far from perfect :)

Nice. 👍

A couple more runs should get you into the 1'56 territory. 👍👍

Oh man I spend a week squeezing into the 1'57s and beat you then you just pop back on and whip another four tenths off!I know what Sebastien Bourdais feels like now :P

Excellent lap mate, I'll watch the replay later. Not for verification purposes, just to learn.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Nice. 👍

A couple more runs should get you into the 1'56 territory. 👍👍

Aaaand you were almost right 👍 , after running on the same setup i decided to change the back tires to R2's , increased the power and added more downforce wich eventually got me a 1'57.292 with a 51.5xx T1. Managed to hit a few 51.2xx-3xxx T1's but couldn't put together the rest of the lap .

Oh man I spend a week squeezing into the 1'57s and beat you then you just pop back on and whip another four tenths off!I know what Sebastien Bourdais feels like now :P

Excellent lap mate, I'll watch the replay later. Not for verification purposes, just to learn.

Thanks Maz, but you shouldn't sweat yourself on this one since i'm shure you can get down into low 1.57's or 1.56's. We've met on the track if i remember correctly, you were in a yellow vette and quite fast:tup:

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704006.zip
    115.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Something a bit different, F40 is a sadly underused, but truly wonderful car so thought I'd lay a lap down with it...

2'02.650 | Ferrari F40 | Maffski

2.01's should easily be done 👍

Attachments

• F40 Suzy.zip
    120.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
FAK
Hi everyone,
1'55.799 | GTLM | FAK

FAK! Good to see you here! With a laptime like that mate, it's no surprise you've been kicking my ass for weeks ;)

Welcome, all the best
Maz (Synwraith)

I gave the Amuse s2000 a fair try last night and i must say it's quite an enjoyable drive to say the least ; very close to the tuned vette performance i think but alot more demanding when it comes to fine tuning ( not my strongest point :indiff: ).
Managed a 1'57.35x lap (will edit later the exact lap time ; not near my ps3 atm.)

I've finally watched your lap too, Timo, and as expected it's some truly wonderful driving, an altogether different style from Hugo's but the fiery attacking attitude is really inspiring and brings back sweet memories. :cheers:

And it's great to see your GTLM run, FAK. I've always been deeply impressed by your pace and thoroughly enjoyed the blistering speed of this lap, thanks a lot for sharing it. 👍

I've finally watched your lap too, Timo, and as expected it's some truly wonderful driving, an altogether different style from Hugo's but the fiery attacking attitude is really inspiring and brings back sweet memories. :cheers:

And it's great to see your GTLM run, FAK. I've always been deeply impressed by your pace and thoroughly enjoyed the blistering speed of this lap, thanks a lot for sharing it. 👍

Come on Zab, upload a lap! Don't care about the laptime, or the car, or the leaderboard. I've had the sincere pleasure of watching masterful laps from Mr_P, Hugo, Sphinx and all these guys. I'd love to see a few of your laps as you were always leaving me for dust and in awe. I can but learn matey.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

:cheers: 👍 Thanks for the kind words. ...and yes, ..those were the days..!!

Come on Zab, upload a lap! Don't care about the laptime, or the car, or the leaderboard. I've had the sincere pleasure of watching masterful laps from Mr_P, Hugo, Sphinx and all these guys. I'd love to see a few of your laps as you were always leaving me for dust and in awe. I can but learn matey.

If you've been continuing to get quicker as steadily as you were when we hadn't yet been expelled from the Suzuka 600 paradise, the dust-and-awe thing might soon be a thing of the past! 👍

Anyway, thanks, and I'm glad to oblige:
1'57.830 | Ford GT '06 - zabeu

There's still some air in it but I'm not much of a hotlapper. (For extra laughs, compare the apex speeds to Timo in the Elise :))

And here's the setup (ABS 1, TCS off):
550 HP
1262 kg
R3 / R2

Suspension:
-25 / -20 mm
6 / 10
8 / 10
-.06 / +.03 °
2.5 / 1.1 °
5 / 6

Gears:
100 / 148 / 195 / 242 / 283 / 351 km/h

Attachments

• zabeu_GT06_750pp_1_57_830.zip
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
If you've been continuing to get quicker as steadily as you were when we hadn't yet been expelled from the Suzuka 600 paradise, the dust-and-awe thing might soon be a thing of the past! 👍

There's still some air in it but I'm not much of a hotlapper. (For extra laughs, compare the apex speeds to Timo in the Elise :))

Ahhh bliss, cannot wait to get onto my PS3 and check this out. That laptime is incredible.

I just watched Rudi's video. Mate, you put one over on 3 very skilled GTLMs. Pure respect. You are the king.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

And here's the setup (ABS 1, TCS off):
550 HP
1262 kg
R3 / R2

Suspension:
-25 / -20 mm
6 / 10
8 / 10
-.06 / +.03 °
2.5 / 1.1 °
5 / 6

Gears: