Suzuka 750pp HOTLAP (online free run)

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 321 comments
ok, so where do i sign up for the driving lessons? my best time in the s2k is 1'58'433. i tried rudi's setup, and while its fast, i have a hard time controlling the car on r2's it takes a whole lot more concentration compared to the r3's. I feel as though i'm at my limit but i'm still doing something wrong. I'm guessing i'll have to upload a replay and have it critiqued.

Also, do you guys race online with these settings? I find it harder to race online with a free run setup built for the sole purpose of achieveing the best time possible. simply because compared to free run there are so many different factors to consider, two of the most important being the racing line and other opponents. the lines you run in free run are altered 90% of the time (except when running upfront) when racing online due to the other cars on the track, i tend to tune for a easier/less demanding setup than to tune for speed.

I hope this will be of some help to you mate, but at the moment I am using the same settings for race as free run. I was running different settings but switched back to my best free run setup, and I started performing better in the races as a result.

I don't think I'm ever going to win a free run competition, I got a lot closer with the F430/GTR Suz event, but there's few people here I haven't been able to match in the races.

Uploading a lap would be great, I'd be more than happy to have a look, but as you can clearly see..I myself require a lot of schooling from the more experiened drivers here.

Also, absolutely every time I thought I had hit my ceiling, a week later maybe another tenth or two would fall off. If someone told me in the first 2 weeks of this event that I would shave a full TWO seconds off my regular free run time of 1'59.7xx with a Corvette (hence my using the GTR to start with), I simply would not have believed it.

P.S Zab, I still can't get the replay to work. My PS3 only recognises it as corrupt data :( Timo's just said though that renaming the folder has helped him view Stotty's time, so I will attempt again tonight.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

No actually that did the error before. So the name should not be touched at all. 👍 Now that I just left it as it was it worked.. I had to rename it earlier as there was another one with the same name. :)

1'57.147 | Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned - GTRP_RudiRaser

56,6xx / 7xx i see can see, maybe tomorrow.

bad is that i don´t remember the exactly setup. :dopey:

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    126.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
P.S Zab, I still can't get the replay to work. My PS3 only recognises it as corrupt data :( Timo's just said though that renaming the folder has helped him view Stotty's time, so I will attempt again tonight.
I think I have an idea why this might happen. Can you try this file instead (same name, different contents)?

Attachments

• zabeu_GT06_750pp_1_57_830.zip
    48.7 KB · Views: 9
1'56.477 | Viper/Tuned - FAK

setup (ABS 10, TCS off):
484 / -12
1066 / 85%
R3 / R3
15/20

Suspension:
-10 / -5 mm
1 / 3
1 / 1
0 / 0
1.5 / 2.0 °
8 / 7

Gears:
110 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 917km/h
2.308 / 1.688 / 1.266 / 1.015 / 0.844 / 0.300 final 3.070

Day 2 with the viper,setup is similar to my vette's one but more dangerous to drive...i use less power and more downforce for online races.Thanks everyone for the kind words :)
p.s.
are u the same Mr.P that i saw in the GTD2 competition some years ago?

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704004.rar
    115.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Awesome time once again FAK! 👍 I think I'll give up on trying to break into the 56's using a controller now lol. I'll have to give your set-up a try though...it looks way different than mine. My best time so far with the tuned Viper was a 1:57.383 using a controller. I've been trying to break into the
56's but am just having a hell of a time being consistant using the controller. It's really keeping me from putting together a perfect or close to perfect lap, as I always have a slight bobble getting out of either the hairpin or one of the extremely important slower corners. It's really starting to frusterate me as I know it's just a matter of not having enough throttle modulation using the x button on the pad. Which is obviously extremely important with the vipers stump pulling low end torque. Luckily my wheel is coming next week...56's will happen definately, will just have to see how close I can get to your time. 👍

FAK
are u the same Mr.P that i saw in the GTD2 competition some years ago?

Yeah .. I took part in the GTD events over at GTN, It was a good 4 years ago or more, but I remember those events well and the fact that every team was having a kind of online lottery for the car they would use for that week just before the new race started was crazy! ... but it worked well :sly:👍

Thanks for that mate .. The good old days down memory lane are always cool to visit now and again :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

Watched FAK's Viper lap and as was to be expected it's clean and green. And, also not unexpected, once again a joy to watch such smooth driving. 👍

And drama-kyd, if you'd like me to, I'd volunteer to comment a lap of yours. Can't promise much enlightenment to come out of it though. :)

And drama-kyd, if you'd like me to, I'd volunteer to comment a lap of yours. Can't promise much enlightenment to come out of it though. :)

I've been watchin his online laps at Suz 750PP for a few weeks now ... there's just some things you can't teach (especially an old dog like me).

EDIT: I downloaded FAK's replay and moved it onto my PS3 but I can't see to access it from the game - it shows up in Saved Game Data on the XMB but I can't see it as a choice inside the Replay option of the GT5:P. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? I have the NTSC version of the game. Thanks!

Last edited:
Come to think of it, it's unfortunate but true, I won't be able to watch NTSC replays since I only have a PAL copy of the game. Nothing to be done about it, LinPark, I'm afraid.

(I was about to make a witty remark about kyds being able to learn quickly thanks to their youth but, oh, well ... ) :cheers:

I have both PAL and NTSC. If you want to learn the right lines, LinPark, I can run a lap for you in NTSC. Just give me a pm with the car of your choice 👍

Come to think of it, it's unfortunate but true, I won't be able to watch NTSC replays since I only have a PAL copy of the game. Nothing to be done about it, LinPark, I'm afraid.

(I was about to make a witty remark about kyds being able to learn quickly thanks to their youth but, oh, well ... ) :cheers:

Trust me, that "Kyd" learns real quick and he's also taught me quite a bit over the last few months in the small 3 minute segments between races at Suz. ;)

I have both PAL and NTSC. If you want to learn the right lines, LinPark, I can run a lap for you in NTSC. Just give me a pm with the car of your choice 👍

Sending the PM now.

1'58'121, so this is the best i've managed to get with the s2k with my own tune, still some places i know i've lost time, i think i can get it down to 1'57'7xx with a good lap.

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-B-C04A4704004.rar
    107.6 KB · Views: 14
Fetched your file, drama-kyd, but as expected, the european version of GT5P doesn't recognise the US version replay data. Pity.

For kicks i started turning laps with the Mustang last night. Is it acceptable to post times for cars other than those already being used in this competition?

I'll have to join you in running the BNR for this as well.......once I've turned some laps in the Mustang.

Edit: Spent some time with my Mustang tonight and this is what I have so far...

2'16.370 Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

View attachment PS3.zip....this run occurred with TCS and ABS both set to 1. I tried subsequent runs with the aids turned off but like the AM Vette, it seemed quicker for me with a little help.

I ran a few laps in the BNR afterward but I kept making mistakes so the best I could manage was in the 2'06 range. I'll work on it some more tomorrow or Thursday night and see about finding some more time in the turns.

Last edited:
I'll have to join you in running the BNR for this as well.......once I've turned some laps in the Mustang.

Edit: Spent some time with my Mustang tonight and this is what I have so far...

2'16.370 Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

View attachment 65998....this run occurred with TCS and ABS both set to 1. I tried subsequent runs with the aids turned off but like the AM Vette, it seemed quicker for me with a little help.

I ran a few laps in the BNR afterward but I kept making mistakes so the best I could manage was in the 2'06 range. I'll work on it some more tomorrow or Thursday night and see about finding some more time in the turns.

You will have to find about 6sec, becouse i am doing about 1.59.5xx with the BNR34.

That's what I figured. I was really tired when I climbed into the Skyline last night. I knew better than to try. But, I was determined. After about 4 or 5 laps doing less than I know I can, I quit. I'll be back though. I've run right at 2'02.xxx laps in the past. So, it shouldn't take too long to find the groove again. I've always felt like I was leaving time in some of the turns. I plan on finding it. Nice runs nissman.👍

Latest Posts

Back