Suzuka Circuit lap times for N-class Cars

Okay so I drove 50 miles in the MR2 and I'm so happy it's finally got the premium treatment after all these years. The grip limits are high, and catching oversteer is pretty easy, but every slip of the rear tires equals precious tenths of a second. I'm quite confident it's impossible to get sub-1:00 on SH tires. As it stands, the MR2 is about 1 second slower than the Supra, and 1 tenth slower than the Civic Type R. I may end up doing the '88 Supra after dinner because I'm so excited about all this fresh new content!

Added:

1:01.493 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A

Slower than MR2 yet N300 while MR2 is N200 hmmmmm......:confused::boggled::indiff::lol:
Nx00 only refers to power rating

N100 = <150 ps
N200 = 150-249 ps
N300 = 250-349 ps
N400 = 350-449 ps
etc.

Doesn't account for anything else that affects performance.

Tested:

0:54.452 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)

Ties the mighty Bugatti Veyron for fastest car so far. This lap time is half a second faster than the pre-v1.23 physics. The only cars faster than the Veyron pre-v1.23 were the McLaren F1 and Ferrari LaFerrari. We'll see if 52 second laps are possible, as I have a feeling 53 seconds is definitely going to happen.

Tested:

0:53.831 - Ferrari LaFerrari
0:54.196 - McLaren F1
0:56.952 - Audi R8 4.2

LaFerrari is crowned King once again. Somehow, I was faster in that car pre-v1.23 by less than a tenth of a second.
However, I was half a second quicker this time in the McLaren F1, but still unable to complete a lap in 53 seconds.
The R8 is a solid supercar. I remember liking the V8 more than the V10 in previous GT's. It's extremely stable easy to drive.

Same here for the R8 V8 / V10 on GT6. The V8 was only 3 tenths behind on Trial Mountain. it's still a very nicely balanced car in GTS.

It's a shame we don't have Trial Mountain or Midfield Raceway anymore, isn't it? Sigh. The V10 was over a second faster at Midfield, but I was using a DS3 at the time.

Tested:

0:58.737 - Toyota Supra RZ
0:58.853 - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

These two are like twins. I'd say if you're looking for a Supra, save the $60,000 and just buy a 5 year old Genesis Coupe for a quarter of the price.

Last edited:
Tested:

0:54.452 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)

Ties the mighty Bugatti Veyron for fastest car so far. This lap time is half a second faster than the pre-v1.23 physics. The only cars faster than the Veyron pre-v1.23 were the McLaren F1 and Ferrari LaFerrari. We'll see if 52 second laps are possible, as I have a feeling 53 seconds is definitely going to happen.

So, you'll have 2 more 911s to test next week sometime ...! Damn PD and their duplicates :lol:...

More seriously will be interesting to see how the 3 lap times compare. Obviously the RS will be quicker, but by how much?

So, you'll have 2 more 911s to test next week sometime ...! Damn PD and their duplicates :lol:...

More seriously will be interesting to see how the 3 lap times compare. Obviously the RS will be quicker, but by how much?

I had no idea there was an update coming next week. NSX Type R! I wonder if it's the '92 or '02...Most likely '02 but I can hope for '92...Nissan 300ZX! I'm guessing the '89 Premium from GT6. Fuji Speedway?!?!? I should make that my next testing grounds, for a trio of Japanese tracks :lol:

The Circuit Could be Mt Fuji in the next update

And the cars could be any of the following that have showed up in leaks or at this weekends Gran Turismo World Tour

The Cars Spotted are as follows

February Glitch Find

- Acura NSX, 1991

Gran Turismo World Tour Event (September)
- Honda NSX Type R, 1992
- Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32), 1989
- Porsche 911 GT3 (996), 2001
- Porsche 911 GT3 (997), 2006

View attachment 767846 View attachment 767847 View attachment 767848 View attachment 767849 View attachment 767850

I had no idea there was an update coming next week. NSX Type R! I wonder if it's the '92 or '02...Most likely '02 but I can hope for '92...Nissan 300ZX! I'm guessing the '89 Premium from GT6. Fuji Speedway?!?!? I should make that my next testing grounds, for a trio of Japanese tracks :lol:

1992 and 1989 👍

Tested:

0:55.842 - Honda NSX
0:58.449 - Audi TTS Coupe

Had to do it, knowing the original Type R is coming this week! Managed a blistering 55 seconds despite some initial trouble getting below 56 seconds. The handling is a little strange. Honda should have kept the traditional MR style instead of playing it safe/slow with the 4WD...

If I had to guess, the NSX Type R '92 will do a 57 second lap.

Audi TTS is only 1.5 seconds behind its super-big brother R8.

Last edited:
@MidFieldMaven Honest question: how do you handle LaFerrari so easily?

Driving this car is a total spinfest for me. Spins wheels even on 4th gear sometimes. Tyre model update improved the grip of the car, but it still isn't stable enough for me. McLaren F1 is fastest road car in my experience :lol:

Also, i think that LaFerrari is immensely overpowered in GTS. In pretty much every sim i watched on YT, LaF hits 320-325 km/h on Nordschleife straight. In GTS, it hits 370+ :boggled:

Tested:

0:57.969 - Nissan R34 GT-R V-spec II Nur

It took all of my strength to muster a 57 second time in the R34. Spent 30 minutes and this was the result of around 20 laps + a few restarts. Had to make my daily quota just in case I don't feel like playing after work :D

As for the LaFerrari, it's a pain. I didn't enjoy it at all. Anxiety levels were through the roof. No idea how I managed 53 seconds in it, honestly :boggled:

Last two for the day...

0:55.472 - Ferrari F40
1:01.258 - Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

F40 is half a second quicker than KTM X-BOW R.
Golf VII GTI is only less than half a second slower than Toyota 86, but the handling can't compare. 86 controls like a dream.

Can you remember and tell me if KTX is like a smaller F40 in its handling? Since they both are MR and light and not high-tech, they should be more than similar imho on the way they react close or over the limit.

Tested:

0:59.858 - Chevrolet Corvette C3
1:01.269 - Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport

C3 Corvette joins the sub-minute club. It ties with the MR2 GT-S and is a tenth quicker than the F-150 Raptor.

Can't make this up. The 208 GTi ties the Golf VII GTI, almost identically.

As for the KTM and F40, I watched my replays again.

Top speed on the straightaway:

158 mph - F40
143 mph- KTM

F40 feels like an absolute torpedo exiting a corner, while the KTM is more linear and stable.

I woke up at 5am this morning to download the update and test my favorite car in the world. I drove 50 miles around Suzuka East and this was the best I could do.

0:58.352 - Honda NSX Type R

I predicted a 57 second lap time, but it just won't do that. Still, it's 1.5 seconds faster than the MR2 GT-S and only a tenth slower than the Alpine A110. Unfortunately, the FD RX-7 is faster by 2 tenths, mostly because it is less twitchy/sensitive than the NSX.

Last edited:
I have updated the spreadsheet to include the new cars (except for things like displacement, horsepower etc. because this needs info needs to come from the game directly, so not available whilst commuting)
Very interested to see what the new Porsches will do. Maybe they will be the first DLC cars to fix the meta their respective tier (and not break a perfectly good meta (looking at you A110 1600S)).
And it might make the N300 class more competitive. looking forward to these results.

edit: Have updated the spreadsheet further. The new Mazda will probably be between the R34 Skyline and the X-Bow, so that is interesting (although, the skinny tires might nerf its good power to weight ratio)
And if the handling of the 911 991 is anything to go by, the 911 997 might actually stick it to the S-FR Racing Concept.

Last edited:
Glad to see that both in real life or GTS, FD RX7 Spirit R can lose on track only by R34 V-Spec or NSX-R 2002. Evo or STi special models sometimes won just because of their drivers taking less risk when on limit or above, those being 4WD with great differentials. What a great period for car enthusiasts that was (1990-2005). Now computers and ultra grippy tires took over and make even mediocre chassis seem great.

Last edited:
Tested:

0:56.042 - Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
0:59.592 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater

I lost a few hairs on the top of my head trying to squeeze one more tenth of a second from the 997's time. S-FR Concept is still the reigning champion of N400 class.

300ZX is a mere 3 tenths quicker than Toyota MR2 GT-S and ties the Civic Type R.

Tested:

0:55.959 - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
0:56.947 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01

Viper ties the KTM X-BOW R. I need to see how the other two Vipers compare. Tomorrow I will test the Viper and NSX Type R at Tsukuba.

Porsche 996 is basically one whole second slower than the 997. It's half a second quicker than the Alfa 4C.

Tested:

0:57.561 - Mazda RX500

A tenth slower than Alfa 4C.

Why does PD include cars in the N-category that never made it to production? I don't think they should be doing that. This belongs in Gr.X

I think this car fits really good in the n300 class. It would be a shame if one couldn't use it because it is placed in gr.x.

But technically you are right, it isn't a road car, but neither is the sf-r concept, s2000 GT1 turbo, Vulcan, the Plymouth, miura and roadcars.
I am glad they are included (even more if a gt3 Vulcan would be included)

Back