Suzuka Circuit lap times for N-class Cars

Tested:

0:59.263 - Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
0:56.827 - Chevrolet Corvette C7
0:56.868 - Dodge Viper GTS

The 4WD Mercedes is only about half a second slower than the STI/Evo twins.
The old Viper managed a tie with the modern Corvette. Not sure if this says more about the Viper or the Corvette, actually. Similar thing happened at Tsukuba, where the Viper was a tenth faster than the C7.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Corvette in the game is not a Z06 nor a ZR1. Viper is good for holding up to a more modern car, Corvette is good for being an "entry" level version tied to a top-of-the-line american sports cars.

@MidFieldMaven After trying to tie some of your lap times, I have to say that I am impressed with the pace you are getting. After 237 km in the Honda Beat I managed to get an 1:06.786. I respect the patience you have hot lapping some of these cars, because they can be a real handful.
The reason I am trying to get to MidFieldMavens pace is attempting to get a feel how horrible the more expansive cars are around a circuit. The best examples of these are the Pebble Beach cars (the Abarth 1500 and the Plymouth) Because buying them is mostly a wast of money. Next is the list of the 1,000,000+ cars, in order of usefulness and fun over their cost. The first two are a toss up
Ferrari GTO: definitively more of a handful, but in a good way. Feels somewhat like the lovechild of the F40 and the image of the Lancia Stratos I have in my head. Would recommend this car for the fun challenge it provides to drive.
Ferrari F50: Absolute pleasure to drive. Communicates what it is doing, feels very planted. I will recommend this car, was surprised with how nice it drives.
Aston Martin Vulcan: Meh, good car, but slow for what one expects. For its class it is still fast: Would I recommend it, meh
The Abarth is drivable, it is under powered, but nimble and predictable. Is around the pace of the Kei cars, not really recommendable, but it is kinda fun to play around in: So don't make this one a priority (at all)
Lamborghini Miura: Drives like one expects from this car, the vagueness of 60's suspension, the punch of a 260 kW V12 and light. One should stay alert driving this car, because it is quite unforgiving. Would not recommend, it is just too expensive, but fun to drive
The Plymouth is super sketchy to drive (3 gears, pizza-cutteresq tires, unbelievable amounts of roll and dive), and is slow. Would not recommend (Actually would recommend if you are a horrible person and in the position to determine the next COTW car)
The times I obtain will be marked in yellow in the spreadsheet mentioned below: THESE ARE ONLY PLACEHOLDERS (because conditions they are obtained are so different that comparing those my lap times with MidFieldMaven's lap times is kinda useless)

This is interesting. Hopefully we’ll see a greater spread between the N500 and greater categories now that you’re on a power circuit compared to Tsukuba & and the smaller Suzuka track.

Thanks for doing this! Interesting to see and good benchmark times for me to work towards trying to get betterer.

Tested the NSX Type R. Not happy with the result, as I was in 2:25 territory several times but could not hold onto it. Also did not realize I had added wheels and painted the roof/hood and spoiler. It doesn't affect performance though so I'm not going to re-test for that.

Gan-San managed a 2:34 which was probably on the equivalent of Comfort Mediums.

@MidFieldMaven I am updating my spreadsheet (mama mia, here I go again) But seeing that Suzuka East is replaced by the full Suzuka circuit made me wonder if the 2:3 Suzuka:Tsukuba weighting factor is still the right weighting factor. I'd love to hear if you think it should be changed, until further notice I will keep the 2:3 weighting factor in place.

@MidFieldMaven I am updating my spreadsheet (mama mia, here I go again) But seeing that Suzuka East is replaced by the full Suzuka circuit made me wonder if the 2:3 Suzuka:Tsukuba weighting factor is still the right weighting factor. I'd love to hear if you think it should be changed, until further notice I will keep the 2:3 weighting factor in place.

We should probably get a bigger sample size before we change it. So far, the times aren't surprising. Everything is in the same ranking order.

Tested:

2:23.632 - Toyota GR Supra RZ '19

About 3 seconds faster than the previous Supra. I just won the Mk3 version on today's wheel spin so I will test that one next to complete the Supra trilogy. This Mk5 has instant torque and wants to break the rear loose at every opportunity. It's not an easy car to go for a fast lap in, as you can tell by the fact my fastest lap was on lap 3. I had 7 more chances to beat it, and I failed.

Tested:

2:32.017 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

Ah, the dreaded .0xx rears its ugly ahead for the first time. It happened on lap 8. Couldn't maintain a 2:31 pace for either of the remaining 2 laps...Anyway, it's 5.5 seconds slower than the Supra that replaced it.

And yes, I do have a bias towards slow Japanese cars :lol: Like the saying goes, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow. Although I'd go a step further and say it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car fast.

We should probably get a bigger sample size before we change it. So far, the times aren't surprising. Everything is in the same ranking order.

Tested:

2:23.632 - Toyota GR Supra RZ '19

About 3 seconds faster than the previous Supra. I just won the Mk3 version on today's wheel spin so I will test that one next to complete the Supra trilogy. This Mk5 has instant torque and wants to break the rear loose at every opportunity. It's not an easy car to go for a fast lap in, as you can tell by the fact my fastest lap was on lap 3. I had 7 more chances to beat it, and I failed.

Man! That’s a good time! And an understatement in that it’s not an easy car to put a fast time in. Especially considering you’re leaving the braking neutral. I know I’m not fast, but I’m well off that time with the 19 Supra. It’s just all over the place for me.

Couldn't resist the temptation anymore. I had to know what one of the fastest cars was capable of.

2:11.670 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13

I can't with this car. It does not belong at any track with consecutive and/or tight corners. I was expecting sub 2:10's for sure, but I'm not skilled enough. Still, it's over 3.5 seconds quicker than the GT-R Nismo.

Tested:

2:26.615 - Subaru WRX STI Type S '14

A tenth slower than Supra '97 and almost 2 seconds slower than Nissan R34 GT-R. At Tsukuba, R34 was a half-second faster and Supra was a half-second slower than WRX STI.

And to make up for not testing a car yesterday:

2:25.677 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Nearly 8 seconds faster than the FC. Faster than NSX-R, Supra '97...

Will test Fairlady 300ZX '89 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back