Suzuki Cappuccino RM Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mchid81
  • 526 comments
  • 33,473 views
The 4 abreast was at Grand Valley East Lucky and it was a photo finish. I think the winning margin was .02 and 4 cars were within a car length or two. I think I drafted up from fourth to second on the straight...it was a blast!

I can confirm it was Grand Valley East...not sure why I left that off the original post. I had hoped that race would go an extra five laps. Since the actual races will be many more laps, would it be wise to have at least 1 practice race on a particular night be 10+ laps? Perhaps on the track for that week? Its much harder to maintain concentration as the race wears on and you just cannot get that feeling on these *shorter* races.
 
GrandValleyEast_30.jpg


GrandValleyEast_26.jpg


GrandValleyEast_27.jpg
 
Awesome pictures Booch! Thanks to everyone who showed up last night. I had a blast and can't wait for both series to start!

I might be able to do another practice session this week before the series start. It would have to be either tomorrow Thursday Feb. 24th from 6-8PM or this Saturday Feb. 26th from 12-2PM est. We could run only the Grand Valley East track and have multiple 10 lap races with the race settings from the series. Let me know if you guys are interested in another practice session and we can run one of the above mentioned times.

I will look into to having a weekly practice session for the next race in the series if you guys are interested. It would probably have to be on Thursday nights from 6-8PM.
 
Mchid81, my car is at your place ready to have a look-at. Hope the problem is rectifyable...:sick:

I will take a look today and get it back to you up to spec. 👍
 
Judging from the poll results I think its safe to say that the Tuesday Night Series will start at 8PM est. I will update the original post with the race times. Thanks to everyone who voted. :)
 
Count me in please! Probably Sunday nights.

White car, Green wheels, #39
 
Count me in please! Probably Sunday nights.

White car, Green wheels, #39

The Sunday races start at 3PM and the Tuesday Night races start at 8PM. The Sunday series has a full driver line up so it would have to be the Tuesday Night races. Is that okay with you?
 
The Sunday races start at 3PM and the Tuesday Night races start at 8PM. The Sunday series has a full driver line up so it would have to be the Tuesday Night races. Is that okay with you?

Tuesday is perfect. PSN: Sporin71

Thanks!
 
Mchid81, my car is at your place ready to have a look-at. Hope the problem is rectifyable...:sick:

Just sent the car back to you and its fixed! It was the stage 3 engine tuning. It was purchased but never installed. You now have 137hp! :)
 
I'm interested if there is a Tue. spot left.

PSN-iforcev8
Color-sublime green,silver wheels
#99

What was the pole time for that close race?
 
Just curious, in an effort to fill all the fields would drivers be able to cross into the other night if there are open spots available for the upcoming race? With only 4 off the 5 races being counted it would be an interesting dynamic since everyone doesn't necessarily have to be at every race.
 
Thanks for pitching the 10+ lap idea to all. I noticed as the races wore on that lap 4 and 5 were most often sketch...I'm assuming the pattern follows and at a worse rate for laps 8, 9 and 10.
 
I'm interested if there is a Tue. spot left.

PSN-iforcev8
Color-sublime green,silver wheels
#99

What was the pole time for that close race?

Sent you a friend request and have you signed up for the Tuesday Night series. I think the pole time was a 1:11.xxx.
 
Thanks for pitching the 10+ lap idea to all. I noticed as the races wore on that lap 4 and 5 were most often sketch...I'm assuming the pattern follows and at a worse rate for laps 8, 9 and 10.

lap 5 was sketchy last night because we had boost on weak, which seems to give an even bigger boost on the last lap of the race
 
Yeah we had the boost on weak to keep the racing close and to get everyone used to tight pack racing with these cars. The actual series races will have NO boost. If we do another practice session (10 lap races) it will be with the series racing settings with no boost.
 
Just curious, in an effort to fill all the fields would drivers be able to cross into the other night if there are open spots available for the upcoming race? With only 4 off the 5 races being counted it would be an interesting dynamic since everyone doesn't necessarily have to be at every race.

I would like to keep everyone in the series they have signed up for. If its a problem with empty spaces after the first week I will look into this.
 
Yeah we had the boost on weak to keep the racing close and to get everyone used to tight pack racing with these cars. The actual series races will have NO boost. If we do another practice session (10 lap races) it will be with the series racing settings with no boost.

I knew I wasn't good enough to make those comebacks on my own.
 
Yeah we had the boost on weak to keep the racing close and to get everyone used to tight pack racing with these cars. The actual series races will have NO boost. If we do another practice session (10 lap races) it will be with the series racing settings with no boost.

:gtpflag:No Boost
 
I knew I wasn't good enough to make those comebacks on my own.

it was funny cause last night i though i was slow threw the track cause everyone was catching me easily when i was up front. Last night was fun though. I really enjoyed racing. the only thing that sucks is having people next to you and being i am using a g27 i am not able to see them very easily in tight groups due to my dpad being on the shifter. I want to say sorry to all who were involved in my cutting in on them.

on a side not, everyone is welcome to join me whenever i am on to race the rm caps just send me a friends invite so you can join my room/lounge whenever i am on. I did this the other night and i seen a few familiar faces last night during practice.
 
Practice Session: Thursday Feb. 24th 6PM - 8PM est.
This session will be held at Grand Valley East with 10 lap races in between practice laps. The server settings will follow the series race settings which are:
NO driving aids except ABS
Real Grip/Track edge
False Start Grid
Weak Damage
Weak Penalties
NO Boost
Mic's are optional
Anyone from either the Sunday or Tuesday Night Series are welcome to join and practice. Just join the lobby in the Community tab, Mchid81, Lounge (Coffee Cup) to enter the lobby.
 
Any spots left for Tuesday? If so

PSN: CoolJetta3
Color: Vert Oakland/Bright Orange Metallic
Number: 40
 
Any spots left for Tuesday? If so

PSN: CoolJetta3
Color: Vert Oakland/Bright Orange Metallic
Number: 40

Yes. I have you signed up and will send a friend request in a few minutes.
 
1 space remaining for the Sunday series. The Tuesday Night series is FULL.
 
If the last spot is available I'll take it. :)

PSN: Davezilla17
Color: N/A yet, need to buy the car
Number: 17
 
Hey mchid81 - my family's just organized a holiday in March, and would have to miss two more of this series, so I think it would make the most sense to back out of the competition. I hope you can find someone to fill in the spot - sorry for the late notice.
 
If the last spot is available I'll take it. :)

PSN: Davezilla17
Color: N/A yet, need to buy the car
Number: 17

It's yours. :) I have you signed up and will send a friend request in a few minutes.
 
Hey mchid81 - my family's just organized a holiday in March, and would have to miss two more of this series, so I think it would make the most sense to back out of the competition. I hope you can find someone to fill in the spot - sorry for the late notice.

No problem. Sorry you can't make the series. I'm hoping there will be at least a few seasons for this series with various tracks etc. Thanks for letting me know. 👍
 
Back