Suzuki Swift Cup Suzuka PP550 xx.00/20/40 (hoorah! its back!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 595 comments
I'll join later this evening if anyone's around, too rough to even attempt to drive now:crazy:

Last night apart from some races with Animera and ElZissou it was quiet for Swifts, why not link up with the regular 550 FWD at 00/20/40, they may be faster but might be a more entertaining race with GTP racers rather than the usual untagged who take delight in putting others off the track. Only as a temporary measure, when it really gets up and running the Swift Cup could revert back to the times set up by Ardius

Yeah, might be an idea just for now - I won't bother changing the thread title again, but I would recommend people to use the 00/20/40 for now if they just want to meet other GTP'ers at least until the attendance here picks up.

Also, we finally have our first tune for the Cup!!
Linked in the first post.

This race is dead. I have been joining at 00 and 04 but no GTPers :grumpy:

Yes, I only ever managed to hook up with one other GTPer in a Swift yesterday and that was you. Good race that one time though.

Should we pick a certain day for this?? (personally recently I havebeen only cabable of driving on weekdays)

Sure, which day is best for people? I'd assumed after the DC 350Z Cup that people were happy with attempting to meet up every day - it also had its best attendance on Friday and Saturday - not so here.

im dissapointed people arent racing here, these cars provide such close racing with unlimited passing opportunities.

Im going to keep racing here

I'm surprised I need to point this out but, you did say that this event doesn't actually start until tomorrow (2/3/09).

Another thing to remember only tune supplied so far is TLD, other tracks you can get away using a setup with whatever car from last update with a few changes, here we have new event with new car, hopefully when several tunes are available it might entice others.
another thing to remember, new events will lead to people wanting to win a race with fastest car available the 550pp FWD most common car is the Integra, a lot of people don't realize a well set up and well driven Swift can beat the Integras, most of the time

Another thing to remember only tune supplied so far is TLD, other tracks you can get away using a setup with whatever car from last update with a few changes, here we have new event with new car, hopefully when several tunes are available it might entice others.
another thing to remember, new events will lead to people wanting to win a race with fastest car available the 550pp FWD most common car is the Integra, a lot of people don't realize a well set up and well driven Swift can beat the Integras, most of the time

The tunes for 500pp adapted to 550pp seem good enough for now. In fact the "L-Tune" seems to be faster than the new TLD tune, strange.

What are people lapping?
I have done 2.18s with draft but even so can't keep up with a well driven Integra. I have no idea if this is fast or not as I have raced only 1 or 2 swifts - AussieNiko and Cohiba.

I hope this picks up as I think we could have some amazing races, imagine 12 swifts on the grid.

I'll be joining at :00

(using 00/20/40 times instead of 04/24/44, because races aren't filling up)

Sorry about that guys. Just had a close race with someone in Integra and I in the swift and wanted to see how much I could beat them when using the same car. He was'nt in the race.

Back in the Swift now :)

same here.
i'll be giving it my last shot at :00

Last races were huge fun, Alexi :cheers:

Although I was driving the Alfa Romeo, anything but an Integra makes for some nice touring car style racing here 👍

I expect to be back in action tomorrow, now that I finished my moving back to Colombia...see you tomorrow on the track

Last races were huge fun, Alexi :cheers:

Although I was driving the Alfa Romeo, anything but an Integra makes for some nice touring car style racing here 👍

Yep, the races are getting much better. Still not enough swifts though. I know it's frustrating watching the Integras go past on the straights but come on guys!
I'll be racing tonight, hope to see you all there.

Latest Posts

Back