Syntax's Gallery - Updated 09/08/2011 some boring couples shots... no cars here :(

I've followed your work for quite a while but never really posted. I'm loving the first mini shot - everything about it is cool. Keep up the great work. 👍

Awesome this is a vast improvement over your last track shoot. I love the composition and variety of shots the most.

This is way cool:
4570928448_35800cfd02_o.jpg

... could be sweeter with the hot Ferrari there though! :lol: I also really like the last Lotus shot, it could easily be in a brochure.

Last edited:
The B&W is the best of the series IMO. 👍 Has a really vintage feel to it. :)

Thanks mate. When I waas framing the shot, I had B&W in mind for it, which is pretty rare for me as I tend to not think of B&W till I get to post prodution.

I've followed your work for quite a while but never really posted. I'm loving the first mini shot - everything about it is cool. Keep up the great work. 👍

Thanks mate. I appreciate that you took the time to comment 👍 It is nice to know there are people that regularly view my work and enjoy it.

Awesome this is a vast improvement over your last track shoot. I love the composition and variety of shots the most.

This is way cool:
I]

... could be sweeter with the hot Ferrari there though! :lol: I also really like the last Lotus shot, it could easily be in a brochure.

:lol: Yeah, A Ferrari would have been cooler. The lighting on that was a lucky break. We had some very heavy fog early in the morning (that's the dark grey in the background) and it was starting to lift. The sun broke through just at the right spot so I rattled off a fair few shots at that spot.

Ohh... just noticed that I have ticked over 10,000 views for this thread. Having just checked, it looks like it's the first photo gallery to do so. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to come and check out my shots. :cheers:

Mini shot for me too, altough checking out the Flickr, I also dig (Chevy II road racer ftw):
4570298601_eb01a2d8f3_o.jpg

4570295893_588e1ab205_o.jpg

4570932250_f043662f3a_o.jpg

but in all, it's a pretty solid set.

I had a feeling you'd like those ones Cano. I always find it a little difficult to pick which shots to put in the thread cause I tend to be over critical of all of them :lol:

Mm. I actually think I like the "Lotus" logo the best out of the set. It's so vibrant and I just...really like it. I also like the distant pans because you don't see that very often, and yours are done exceptionally well...as usual.

Just a bit of a teaser of things to come over the next few days. I'll be covering the World Time Attack Challenge this weekend coming. I was invited to cover the media launch for the event which was in the CBD of Sydney. Unfortunately it was very cold and raining pretty much the entire time. A bunch of US & Japanese cars have been shipped over for this weekend’s race, two of which were on display for the media launch, the Panspeed RX-7 and Tomei/Cusco WRX. A ton of shots to come over the weekend so stay tuned!

4624259034_5d04238e21_o.jpg

4624258872_644a5df83b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Superlap World Time Attack Challenge was a lot of fun. I'll keep my banter of the event to a minimum in this post as it's pretty late now here and I am exhausted (and a little drunk :lol:). I've posted a few more shots than I usually would but since I enjoyed the event so much, I thought I'd share. I'm still yet to process a large chunk of the shots but a sizable portion of them are visible here on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21859683@N03/sets/72157624100225704/

4628478901_766e2456f3_o.jpg

4628482977_8678cb3b4d_o.jpg

4629079246_2eedd86485_o.jpg

4629081406_b451dc22b2_o.jpg

4628484703_1699a01254_o.jpg

4629087960_2ba1478256_o.jpg

4629080286_e9426a40e9_o.jpg

4629079910_5a8dfa07d8_o.jpg

4629085402_155ac83ed2_o.jpg

4628477435_815f2a1f4b_o.jpg

4629087996_a718fbb0d1_o.jpg

I like the first pic the best.:P But only cause I know the guys who race those cars very well, my dad was mates with them at school and we see them at least every 3 months.

In all seriousness, great pictures, awesome as usual. 👍

TB
I love this set! :drool:👍

Did you steal the other lug nut from the Lotus? :P

:lol: Thanks TB. They were pretty cool lug nuts that's for sure. I think they only took 4 per wheel though. The guys in the pits working on the car probably thought I was a little crazy just shooting some lug nuts on the floor :lol:

I like the first pic the best.:P But only cause I know the guys who race those cars very well, my dad was mates with them at school and we see them at least every 3 months.

In all seriousness, great pictures, awesome as usual. 👍

Thanks Madison. When I was out at the track I remembered that you mentioned that to me the other day. I have a ton of shots of it at turn 12 as well, I just checked my flickr but I seem to have not loaded any of those ones up yet. Maybe in the next few days.

That is beyond epic! :drool:

May I request a 1280X800 version, please?

may i request a full side please? :) LOVE IT

Thanks for the kind words Bram & Supersquirrel. I don't normally do larger res for free but I'll make an exception as it's more an arty shot than a work related one as such. So enjoy one 1280x800 coming up: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/143/d/b/Rear_view_by_syntax_photo.jpg

:bowdown:

The colors and tones are just so amazing, and the sharpness and overall quality of your gear is stunning! It's shots like these that make me wanting to invest in decent camera gear, but for now it's all far too expensive. Is there some special editing you go through or is this all contrast and level balancing?

Thanks Bram. I actually did very little to the shot in pp. In Photoshop I applied two filters. One is a 70's style Blue hue that I pushed to about 30% opacity. I also have a b&w filter I use which is a bit contrast heavy. I layered that as well at about 35% opacity to give it a slightly de-saturated feel. I used a 24-105mm f/4 L lens. I would recommend this lens as it’s probably one of the cheaper L series lenses but with a great range and clarity.

I used a 24-105mm f/4 L lens. I would recommend this lens as it’s probably one of the cheaper L series lenses but with a great range and clarity.

That is a nice lens indeed, glad I got to use it on my colleges 5D.

Also, awesome set! Love the PP and the teaser shots, especially the shallow depth of field on the rear wing of that Mazda.

Mm. Well, I'm not sure I can say anything more than everyone else has said. Except maybe how is it possible you are still getting better. Very much a fan of the RX-7 and S2000 shot (and the mirror shot is of course what other people said: jaw dropping). I actually shot a few races for the first time this year last weekend, but I don't think anything as remarkable as this came from it.

That is a nice lens indeed, glad I got to use it on my colleges 5D.

Also, awesome set! Love the PP and the teaser shots, especially the shallow depth of field on the rear wing of that Mazda.

Cheers SSU. I think the lens comes packaged with the 5D. I bought mine separate as I purchased the lens well before my 5D however I totally understand why it is sold together. Cracker of a combination.

Mm. Well, I'm not sure I can say anything more than everyone else has said. Except maybe how is it possible you are still getting better. Very much a fan of the RX-7 and S2000 shot (and the mirror shot is of course what other people said: jaw dropping). I actually shot a few races for the first time this year last weekend, but I don't think anything as remarkable as this came from it.

Thank you Chris. I was trying to do something a little different on purpose. A lot of photographers got creds for this event and I really didn't want to end up with the same shots as everyone else, so I looked at where all of them where shooting and headed in the opposite direction every time deliberately. I usually visit turn 3 at Eastern Creek as you get good light in the morning hitting this section of the track but it had up to 15 photographers right next to each other at any given time so I stayed right away from there. Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

edit: Oh and Chris, post up your racing shots already!

Fantastic photos :drool:

I love the Cyber Evo, so aggressive :cool:

Thanks mate. Just to put into perspective how quick that Evo actually is, the V8 supercar track record held by Mark Skaife is (on full slicks) 1min 31.730sec. The Evo was running semi slicks. It's quickest time of the day was 1min 30.899. Absolutely blisteringly fast.

Last edited:
Thank you Chris. I was trying to do something a little different on purpose. A lot of photographers got creds for this event and I really didn't want to end up with the same shots as everyone else, so I looked at where all of them where shooting and headed in the opposite direction every time deliberately. I usually visit turn 3 at Eastern Creek as you get good light in the morning hitting this section of the track but it had up to 15 photographers right next to each other at any given time so I stayed right away from there. Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

edit: Oh and Chris, post up your racing shots already!

You're welcome, of course. To strive to be different is a very good thing- well...at least I think so. I'm glad to see that it worked out so well to, going against the grain.

I will post some, I like saving them though - after all, I do enter the competitions every week. However, I will post some...this weekend maybe. Only because you made me.

Attended the Sports Car Carnival today at Eastern Creek. Yesterday there was some really heavy rain but fortunately I had prior engagements so I could only attend today, which turnout to be considerably dryer. These are probably not as in interesting and new as the previous batch, didn't have as much time to play around and try new stuff. I have a few ideas in the pipe works however for my next event.

Prayer to the racing Gods...
4652505400_f5a5954294_b.jpg

4652505508_1a94de9ab9_b.jpg

4652505658_888094c07d_b.jpg

4651887267_3eebb86713_b.jpg

4652505852_8696de8663_b.jpg

4651887539_8e914bd2e7_b.jpg

4651887679_5073234968_b.jpg

Sorry guys, been a little busy this last week so I haven’t had time to comment on some of the great shots in a few of the other threads here, I'll try and make some time to sit down and check them later tonight.

Did a big shoot the other night for Harley which was nothing to get to write home about. It was just a party, and I had people file through, have a shot taken with a bike and then they can go get drunk. The drinking bit turned out some interesting results with people wanting shots with their shirts off , funny if a little disturbing. Anyway, I sat the camera on a tripod and tethered it to a laptop and a remote release so I have a hand free to drink with as well :lol:

When I had a moment I mucked around with the bike a bit and got this shot off that I thought is worth posting up:

4682153510_41cbb39b03_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking pictures, sintax. I like every shot you updated in your 2nd newest post in this thread, especially I love the 1st, 2nd, 4th and last one. I prefer the color of the car in the 2nd picture, it looks very cool ;)

Thanks mate. Yeah, those Radicals are pretty cool looking machines I must admit. Some really great racing went on that day.

Did a shoot with a Drift prepped S15. There will be some more shots to come later as I'm working on a few little surprises but I thought I'd throw this one up for now. Anyway, let me know what you think.

4720667608_c37fda848c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back