T-GT Failure

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 145 comments
United Kingdom
Guildford
GTP_thefraggle
Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!

Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!

Thrustmaster probucts have problems these past few years.I know that their wheels are better than Logitech but they break way too easy,way too often.
IMO FANATEC is a way better option if someone spends that kind of money.

Haven't had those issues with mine. Are you using it on pc , or ps4? I did have one of the connections on the back of the wheel base wiggle loose though.

Also, I believe tm recently released updated firmware. May want to try connecting it to a pc and updating.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections.
I would also check whether the position of the throttle potentiometer is the same as the brake and clutch potentiometer position.

Last edited:
He can, Fanatec CSL Elite with pedals and load cell and shifter for the same price as the TGT. I'm staggered that people have been tempted by this Thrustmaster at this price.

I agree and wrote that in another post.
Low budget: T150 (first) or G29 (if the price is good)
Mid (or high from concoles "view") budget:FANATEC all the way

I agree and wrote that in another post.
Low budget: T150 (first) or G29 (if the price is good)
Mid (or high from concoles "view") budget:FANATEC all the way
Most people seems to agree but... apparantly compatibility seems to be a problem. Project cars 2 (ps4) should be fully supported but lots of people seem to have problems with the FFB. I get the customizability is something simracers really like. But shouldn’t all supported wheels work well out of the box? They simplified a lot compared to project cars 1 but there are forums full of people having trouble with people endlessly tweaking without satisfactory result regardless which brand. Thrustmaster seems to have their “standards setting” dialed in for most games. Do you have experience with project cars 2 and csl elite?

Most people seems to agree but... apparantly compatibility seems to be a problem. Project cars 2 (ps4) should be fully supported but lots of people seem to have problems with the FFB. I get the customizability is something simracers really like. But shouldn’t all supported wheels work well out of the box? They simplified a lot compared to project cars 1 but there are forums full of people having trouble with people endlessly tweaking without satisfactory result regardless which brand. Thrustmaster seems to have their “standards setting” dialed in for most games. Do you have experience with project cars 2 and csl elite?

There are specific wheels that are compatible with any racing game (its a platform thing for starters).
Most of those work well out of the box.Problem is that not everyone have the same "view" of what is the ideal "feedback".Thats why people try to find the "best" setting for their wheel.IMO FANATEC offers the best overall wheel for PS4 but it comes with a price.
Its simple:do you want to spend 500 $ (Fanatec or TM) to play a game that costs 70$ in a console that you can buy new for 250$?I know you can use it on PC too but still....
IMO if the game you are going to play is as "sim" as it can be,then yes its a good buy (if you want a more "sim" like experience).
If I am going to play only GTS (or just Pcars 2 for example) I would double think if I want to spend so much money.
If I play a lot of racing games (and perhaps some one Pc platform) then I think it worth the price tag.

There are specific wheels that are compatible with any racing game (its a platform thing for starters).
Most of those work well out of the box.Problem is that not everyone have the same "view" of what is the ideal "feedback".Thats why people try to find the "best" setting for their wheel.IMO FANATEC offers the best overall wheel for PS4 but it comes with a price.
Its simple:do you want to spend 500 $ (Fanatec or TM) to play a game that costs 70$ in a console that you can buy new for 250$?I know you can use it on PC too but still....
IMO if the game you are going to play is as "sim" as it can be,then yes its a good buy (if you want a more "sim" like experience).
If I am going to play only GTS (or just Pcars 2 for example) I would double think if I want to spend so much money.
If I play a lot of racing games (and perhaps some one Pc platform) then I think it worth the price tag.
Although I fully agree, console gaming is frowned upon by hardcore sim pc gamers. If you want a dedicated rig for simracing it’s absolutely the way to go! But if you don’t have much room, like to play other games once in a while and like plug and playability, it’s the best choice imo. It’s more then powerful enough. the output from a ps4 to a mid/high end wheel is the same so the added experience/immersion of a better wheel is definitely a worthwhile investment.

Personally I’m a G29 owner for a year and had a DFGT for GT 5 and 6. The braking has always annoyed me. So it’s a well thought out decision to upgrade.

If your on a tight budget or game casually I agree you should think twice if the periphial is more expensive then the console itself. But if you have the money for it? Just go for it!

UDPATE: So then, someone at thrustmaster told me at the end of last week that new pedals were being sent out to me. Nobody at thrustmaster can give me ANY tracking details at all. It seems that making a phone call to the dispatch department is far too much effort for a customer that has bought their most expensive steering wheel.

I don't know if it's the way business is done over there but it's disgusting. Thrustmaster just don't seem interested in helping at all if it means using initiative or looking out for the interests of the people that buy their products.

REALLY REALLY poor customer service.

I know a few people have said it but suggesting buying a Fanatech wheel isn't helpful. The T-GT is the wheel I want and the money has already been spent.

Well if they said they will be sending you new pedals at the end of last week, perhaps they hadn't shipped yet.
It is just monday give it a day or two I'm sure they'll provide you with a tracking number.

If I laid out that kind of dough on a faulty wheel / pedals, there'd be no messing about with customer services or checking for faulty connections in the pedal unit... It'd be sent straight back for a full refund and I'd be spending my money on a better product from a different company.

When / If I ever get a wheel it will not be thrustmaster.

Same boat @thefraggle

Amazon UK have Accepted My Return. (That I had to sort out myself) I arranged for Parcelforce to Collect It today and It's on It's way back for a Refund.

Same exact issue. My Pedals became Faulty within my first evening using it. I posted the same in the T-GT Thread in the Sim Racing Hardware Sub Forum and we seem to be the only ones thus far experiencing problems.

I have decided that I'm going to Buy another one directly from AO.com as they were happy to Price Match the Thrustmaster Website and It out to me this week as well. I'm also going to purchase the T3PA Pro Pedals seperately as they are awesome pedals and have used them for years and are very well made.

The T3PGT Pedals that come with the T-GT I'll either eBay to get some money back or Just keep fresh New in the box Incase I need to Return the T-GT again in the future If I need to.

Hope you get It sorted mate. Eventually we'll be able to actually play GT Sport!

I've suggested that they either help with an upgrade to the T3PA pro pedals or the wheel and pedals with be returned for a refund.

Last edited:
This is why on my PC I gave up on plastic toy wheels and pedals made in China from Logitech and Thrustmaster and stepped up to an OSW direct drive wheel and Heusinkveld pedals. No more problems ever again. I have a cable coming that’ll let me use them with my PS4.

There were questions asked. I had to do maintenance on it before they would entertain a replacement. I shouldn't be removing the back and checking the electronics on a brand new piece of equipment!!!

Had this happen on a brand new t300..potentiometer was wacky... I was able to fix.. but seeing the cheap internals told me all i needed to know about TM. Complete rip off. Two wheels,subsequently died . I had to run the 3rd with the case open to stop it from melting.

Back