T-GT Failure

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 145 comments
Ive had a T500rs for 4-5 yrs now. 1000s of hrs on it by now Im sure and I beat on it. The thing is bulletproof. Every product is gonna have bad batches, nothing/nobody is perfect. Sounds like they took care of you in a timely fashion and thats what really counts. Hope you get to enjoy your t-gt soon.

Ive had a T500rs for 4-5 yrs now. 1000s of hrs on it by now Im sure and I beat on it. The thing is bulletproof. Every product is gonna have bad batches, nothing/nobody is perfect. Sounds like they took care of you in a timely fashion and thats what really counts. Hope you get to enjoy your t-gt soon.
The failure rate really isn't acceptable.

For the t-gt:

I have found that if you hold the mode button in, it will switch your gas and clutch around. Make sure your mode button is solid red. If it is green, your pedals will be screwed up for gt sport.
Probably meant for t3pa pro pedals to invert.

Sounds like this is the true successor to the T500 ;) . I remember when that was first released my recollection is the thread here was worse and that thread turned me off wanting a Thrustmaster wheel for some time. There was a wheel reliability survey on Reddit a couple of years back, the T500RS did poorly in that but interestingly the Fanatec wheels also didn't do well. And the many Fanatec stories I read also turned me away from their wheels.

So far based on the replies in this thread I'm not put off buying the T-GT. I don't know how many have sold but I imagine it would be a significant number and I'm not really seeing a trend here.

Thrustmaster seem confident that I have a bad servo base. They want me to pack it up, they will pick it up and that they will send me out a new base. Not sure how long this will take, hopefully it works and I can proceed with GT Sport, if not I have mentioned a refund to them and I'll order the Fanatec CSL PS4 version instead.

Not what I want to do, however I wanted to play GT over the weekend with the wheel, this isn't realistic now until next weekend...

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thrustmaster seem confident that I have a bad servo base. They want me to pack it up, they will pick it up and that they will send me out a new base. Not sure how long this will take, hopefully it works and I can proceed with GT Sport, if not I have mentioned a refund to them and I'll order the Fanatec CSL PS4 version instead.

Not what I want to do, however I wanted to play GT over the weekend with the wheel, this isn't realistic now until next weekend...

I'll keep you guys updated.
Thrustmaster really won't care about threatening to get another wheel. When I had an issue with my T-GT they told me to use another one! They also weren't interested in changing the pedals for the pro version. I was told there is NO room for movement at all.

Customer service at thrustmaster is serving in line to what they can can be bothered to do.

I'm not sure why you think you are entitled to an upgrade. You haven't demonstrated a statistical trend that illustrates an issue with the product. You got unlucky, with manufacturing processes the way they are these days faults occur and you were unlucky in the draw. A few people out of a massive pool of customers does not indicate an issue with the product. It is unfortunate I agree and a smaller less established Company might throw a sweetener in to make up for your misfortune but there is no requirement for any to do so. At the end of the day what is fair to expect is that you are provided a properly functioning product without additional expense or a refund. Anything extra comes at the expense of someone else as an effort to develop customer loyalty, I guess Thrustmaster believe that a company their size can't build customer loyalty with practices such as this. But such efforts toward customer loyalty must either be built into the price which effects other customers or cuts into company profits. Thrustmaster clearly accept a percentage of customers will look elsewhere and believe their practice is the most profitable.

Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!
Had my T300rs over a year now with no issues, Love it

Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!

To the OP. I personally decided to go for the T-GT over the CSLE. Because of your valuable feedback I also bought the adapter for my g29 pedals (€9,99)should the pedals fail because of a bad batch. And will keep g29 around as backup.

I have stated my reasoning in this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t-gt-wheel-thread.346309/page-17

Another Day... Another T3PGT Failure.

My 2nd Set of Pedals that I got with My 2nd T-GT have gone faulty. Lost the will the live. So frustrating I had one amazing evening on GT Sport & Then Booted It up today and once again the Brake Pedal isn't being detected & The Brake Pedal itself is now clicking when It's pressed which isn't right.

On the Phone to AO.com they tried to push me to go through the Manufacturer directly but I was having none of it, Agent was very helpful but Thrustmaster have completed ruined my confidence in them after 2 Failures I'm going to have to Re-Think my idea's on what I'm going to do now.

My 2nd Set of Pedals that I got with My 2nd T-GT have gone faulty. Lost the will the live. So frustrating I had one amazing evening on GT Sport & Then Booted It up today and once again the Brake Pedal isn't being detected & The Brake Pedal itself is now clicking when It's pressed which isn't right.

On the Phone to AO.com they tried to push me to go through the Manufacturer directly but I was having none of it, Agent was very helpful but Thrustmaster have completed ruined my confidence in them after 2 Failures I'm going to have to Re-Think my idea's on what I'm going to do now.
That is just appalling. Gutted for you. Shouldn't happen with a product that expensive. All products have a certain failure rate but to get two failures in a row is not acceptable.

I’m relieved I ordered the g29 pedal adapter as a backup. Just in case!

I’m relieved I ordered the g29 pedal adapter as a backup. Just in case!

My plan was to sell these T3PGT Pedals on eBay but I can't sell someone a faulty pedal set. Thrustmaster are closed on the Weekends which is the stupidest business decision but no support can be given to my problem. But yeah back to the drawling board for me!

My plan was to sell these T3PGT Pedals on eBay but I can't sell someone a faulty pedal set. Thrustmaster are closed on the Weekends which is the stupidest business decision but no support can be given to my problem. But yeah back to the drawling board for me!
I'm of two minds as to what I do with my now spare T3PA GT pedals.

All TM will do is send you another set of pedals that you will receive a week later. The legal responsibility lies with the company you bought the product from regardless of what they say.

I'm of two minds as to what I do with my now spare T3PA GT pedals.

All TM will do is send you another set of pedals that you will receive a week later. The legal responsibility lies with the company you bought the product from regardless of what they say.
Just get it replaced again! If they fail a third time just get a refund. Their legal responsibity is to deliver a good working product. If they fail to do so you can get a refund. But you can always ask for a discount on another products for compensation of your time. Having a failure twice must trigger their customer service to do something about it!

Closed on weekends is normal here in Europe. Just be patient till Monday. Hopefully they will send you another with express service. I think you can sell that set quite easily on eBay. There are a lot of t300rs, t150 still stuck with the 2 pedal site.

Closed on weekends is normal here in Europe. Just be patient till Monday. Hopefully they will send you another with express service. I think you can sell that set quite easily on eBay. There are a lot of t300rs, t150 still stuck with the 2 pedal site.

Decided to go with the CSL Elite via Amazon UK when they have It In Stock will have to wait but I'm happy to wait for reliability! Plus excellent reviews online and I had one previously but only got returned It back as there was no planned support for GTS at the time.

Decided to go with the CSL Elite via Amazon UK when they have It In Stock will have to wait but I'm happy to wait for reliability! Plus excellent reviews online and I had one previously but only got returned It back as there was no planned support for GTS at the time.
I WANT TO COME AND TRY IT!!!!!

Nice! Curious about your feedback! Hopefully there is good compatibility soon. My turnoff eventually was the lack of compatibity. Great wheel probably if you use it on pc as well. Did you get the LC brake? Curious how it compares with T-GT! Since you were initially very happy with the wheel (not the pedals)

Last edited:
FedEx picked up my broken T-GT yesterday.

I am still awaiting delivery of my new one, it hasn't even left Thrustmaster yet. I called again to chase-up and complain. So far it seems the usual and appauling service to those who have had any issues and not a working device.

I asked where to send an official complaint and apparently it is a postal address in France.

So far a load of nonsense, I'm a week in to Thrustmaster having my funds; I have nothing.

I will keep those updated as to what happens...

FedEx picked up my broken T-GT yesterday.

I am still awaiting delivery of my new one, it hasn't even left Thrustmaster yet. I called again to chase-up and complain. So far it seems the usual and appauling service to those who have had any issues and not a working device.

I asked where to send an official complaint and apparently it is a postal address in France.

So far a load of nonsense, I'm a week in to Thrustmaster having my funds; I have nothing.

I will keep those updated as to what happens...
That’s really frustrating. I received my T-GT fairly quick and haven’t had a large problem so far. The brake seems to have some problems not sure it’s the in game calibration or a hardware issue.

That’s really frustrating. I received my T-GT fairly quick and haven’t had a large problem so far. The brake seems to have some problems not sure it’s the in game calibration or a hardware issue.
Wait for it. It'll happen!!

Its calibration issue. It calibrates normally when I screw in the brake mod. I had it a bit too stiff. I surely hope not! (Knock on wood)
I still have my g29 pedals as backup!
I replaced my T-GT T3PA pedals with the pro pedals.

hello GT community this is my first post on here...

I have this wheel and i have not got any complaints. the pedals are really easy to modulate and love the quality of FFB on GT sport. I personally would say get it as its an awesome wheel. The strength of FFB on maximum level is too strong so i run it on torque level 3

Just as many unhappy customers with Fanatec products as Thrustmaster, fact. Good luck with the purchase, hope its trouble free.

New one has been delivered apparently. Fingers crossed..

Update: The best wheel I have ever used so far.

The feeling of understeer is so genuine from FWD and RWD cars. The levels of adjustability are amazing and the switches/ dials on the wheel work really well. Very quiet compared to previous wheels I have owned.

Niggles so far:
Why doesn't this come with a shifter?
The wheel should be slightly larger in diameter

Last edited:
Back