T-GT Failure

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 145 comments
Including those pedals at a 699 price is a rip-off. That's why I like Logitech- while not the top spec they are bulletproof(for me).

He can, Fanatec CSL Elite with pedals and load cell and shifter for the same price as the TGT. I'm staggered that people have been tempted by this Thrustmaster at this price.

I'd personally probably still get the T-GT with a discount (it was 30% off at Thrustmaster the other day) just for the built in butt kicker system. Side note, I absolutely love my T300RS GT so I already know the T-GT is going to work incredibly well with GTS.

Owners of T-GT say the game does a poor job of letting the driver know what’s going on with the tires. Force feedback is almost nonexistent. Making the wheel shake over the rumble strips is not worth $700.

Owners of T-GT say the game does a poor job of letting the driver know what’s going on with the tires. Force feedback is almost nonexistent. Making the wheel shake over the rumble strips is not worth $700.
I disagree with that. When it worked it let me know exactly what was going on with the tires.

Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!

It's Brand New, just exchange it for A replacement. Just like anything else that is mass produced, there is A margin for error. Just don't wait until the store exchange policy expires, then you're stuck with manufacturer warranty customer service issues.

Right then, I got my T-GT. I haven't yet had a trouble free day with it.

The throttle pedal dies. No response at all from it. Brake works. Clutch works. Throttle dead.

Have spoke to Thrustmaster and they asked me to to take the back off the pedal unit and check the connections. Is this really the quality that you would expect from a £699 set of pedals?

I had no issues at all with my G29 but a set that cost me more than double instantly gives me problems.

I'm disgusted!!

Well, I'm on my third set of 3PA pedals in 3rd year and I'm very gentle - I do not stomp on pedals etc...

1st set developed gas pedal problem after 6 months - something was wrong with spring so pedal wouldn't return fully back.Got replacement from T.
2 nd one I bought in the meantime when I send 1st one to T. and that failed after a year - again gas pedal, this time I think pot screew loosen, when i find time I'll open it and check .
3rd one - replacement set for 1st set , is working ok for now - 8 months, when/if fails ,I'll probably combine parts from other set and make one working set.

Thing is , that internal structure is not done/designed best. Soon as I opened it ,I saw they could save themselves and customers a lot of headache , just redesigning a thing or two and fun thing is ,It wouldn't cost them more than a 1or 2 USD per set. But you know, cost cutting is nowdays mantra.

No thread-hijacking here. I didnt want to start a new one...

My T GT turned up today, I got home from work, set everything up. All nice and neat, powered up with the PS4, a little twich from the wheel and nothing else.

I then tried again with it for the next 2 hours and got nowhere.

The PC, Macbook or PS4 don't respond to it, different plug sockets around the house don't change anything, even the Thrustmaster software on PC.

I'd love to be taught something about my errors maybe, however I've read the manual umpteen times and it seems I have an out of the box failure.

Should have bought Fanatec maybe, my CSR Elite is still working as well...

We'll see what Thrustmaster say.

My T GT turned up today, I got home from work, set everything up. All nice and neat, powered up with the PS4, a little twich from the wheel and nothing else.

The PC, Macbook or PS4 don't respond to it, different plug sockets around the house don't change anything, even the Thrustmaster software on PC.

I'd love to be taught something about my errors maybe, however I've read the manual umpteen times and it seems I have an out of the box failure.

Seems like dead power supply?

Thrustmaster's words to me today were "We are dealing with T-GT problems as a priority"

What does that tell us?

FYI, thrustmaster's phone number is 02031474889

Thrustmaster's words to me today were "We are dealing with T-GT problems as a priority"

What does that tell us?

FYI, thrustmaster's phone number is 02031474889

I'm not sure on the power supply, it gets warm, it's feeding power to the wheel, however it twiches then the sound disappears.

Maybe be power supply failure...

I tried tonight, but it was too late, I will call in the morning as I've already emailed my frustrations earlier on.

I'm not sure on the power supply, it gets warm, it's feeding power to the wheel, however it twiches then the sound disappears.

Maybe be power supply failure...

I tried tonight, but it was too late, I will call in the morning as I've already emailed my frustrations earlier on.
I warn you, it feels to me like helping people who have bought their most expensive product is very very low on thrustmaster's priorities.

After 2 days I'm waiting for a simple yes or no.

They honestly seem to just not give a crap about their customers.

I'm getting bored of people telling me to buy another wheel.
Sorry for that! In all seriousness it just seems that a lot t3pgt have issues from what I get from some forums. No real complaints about the base though. Hopefully thrustmaster will finally come with some higher end pedals for their ecosystem.

I warn you, it feels to me like helping people who have bought their most expensive product is very very low on thrustmaster's priorities.

After 2 days I'm waiting for a simple yes or no.

They honestly seem to just not give a crap about their customers.
Honestly I think they are swamped with complaints and RMA’s. But you’ll probably get sent new ones right away, cause it will cost them more to try and repair them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I think they are swamped with complaints and RMA’s. But you’ll probably get sent new ones right away, cause it will cost them more to try and repair them.
It seems the replacements are being delivered tomorrow. I have told them I don't want them and the only acceptable replacement are the pro versions.

Still awaiting my refund from Amazon UK for My Faulty T-GT. All I want to do is play GT Sport the way It was intended to be played! :(

Still awaiting my refund from Amazon UK for My Faulty T-GT. All I want to do is play GT Sport the way It was intended to be played! :(

It's just a joke, I had the G25, G27 and the Fanatec CSR. I had no issues wth these wheels, the only reason I bought this wheel was because it was the Official Wheel for GT Sport.

I feel so let down wasting my time and not going with my gut for the Fanatec instead.

I hope I get an answer tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Thrustmaster have refused to acknowledge any known issues with this petal set and will not change them for the pro versions despite knowing of many many issues.

The service from them has been unbelievably bad.

There will be a full YouTube review with lots of people tagged in.

There is no way they can get away with releasing a product as bad as the T3PA with the T-GT and think the failure rate they have had is acceptable.

UPDATE:
Thrustmaster have refused to acknowledge any known issues with this petal set and will not change them for the pro versions despite knowing of many many issues.

There is no way they can get away with releasing a product as bad as the T3PA with the T-GT and think the failure rate they have had is acceptable.
Good thing you already received a new set. Will you be returning the wheel? If you keep it, sell the pedals or use it as a backup and get some fanatec pedals with Cpx adapter

UPDATE:

Problem is the T3PA Pedals are actually very good. The standard ones I mean.

The T3PGT that comes with the T-GT & The Exclusive T3PA that comes with the T300RS GT Editions however are terrible. The Pedal set Included doesn't give you a feel at all correctly especially the pedal for the Brake It's truly bad.

I really like the Stock T3PA's they do the Job well.

However I'm opting for the T3PA Pro's are they brilliant for their price and theres a good deal here for them

- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THRUSTMA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Problem is the T3PA Pedals are actually very good. The standard ones I mean.

The T3PGT that comes with the T-GT & The Exclusive T3PA that comes with the T300RS GT Editions however are terrible. The Pedal set Included doesn't give you a feel at all correctly especially the pedal for the Brake It's truly bad.

I really like the Stock T3PA's they do the Job well.

However I'm opting for the T3PA Pro's are they brilliant for their price and theres a good deal here for them

- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THRUSTMASTER-T3PA-PRO-UNIVERSAL-PEDAL-SET-BLACK/202084308536?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I always thought they are essentially the same? The t3pgt have metal arms and different footplates. Have you tried both?

I always thought they are essentially the same? The t3pgt have metal arms and different footplates. Have you tried both?

Tried all three.

T3PA Standard is much better than the T3PA's that arrive with the T300 RS GT Edition. & The Metal Arms on the T3PGT Make zero difference at all. Exactly same build but simply have metal arms instead. Owned all three as I went through 3 x T300 GT's during the first closed Beta. & Then this is My first T-GT that I've had to send back only because of the pedals. The Wheel Itself is so much better and I wished they sold it separately like the TS-PC Racer giving you freedom of choice without over charging. But Still for £525 from AO.Com for the T-GT I can't complain too much! Would never pay £700 for It though.

Tried all three.

T3PA Standard is much better than the T3PA's that arrive with the T300 RS GT Edition. & The Metal Arms on the T3PGT Make zero difference at all. Exactly same build but simply have metal arms instead. Owned all three as I went through 3 x T300 GT's during the first closed Beta. & Then this is My first T-GT that I've had to send back only because of the pedals. The Wheel Itself is so much better and I wished they sold it separately like the TS-PC Racer giving you freedom of choice without over charging. But Still for £525 from AO.Com for the T-GT I can't complain too much! Would never pay £700 for It though.
Thanks for your valuable feedback! In your opinion is the TGt a worthy upgrade or would you personally recommend the CSL?

Thanks for your valuable feedback! In your opinion is the TGt a worthy upgrade or would you personally recommend the CSL?

T-GT Is worthy for sure the Servo is excellent the feedback you get from the Wheel & The Rim itself is brilliant and the juicer Just brings It to life over like an T500RS which does do the Job very well. If you have been using the same wheel for a long time now and want to change it for another wheel that should be reliable (Touch Wood) Then go for a T-GT on Discount whilst It's 25% Off. I would say definitely not at £700 for the pedals alone It's Just too high of a price point. But at £525 It's very good & The a T500RS Currently is around the £380 Mark anyways in the UK so not much difference for the latest tech.

I have also owned a CSL Elite & I have to say It's amazing on Asetto Corsa but I can't imagine It being as a good on GT Sport compared to the T-GT that was built specifically for the game. Honestly depends on what game you intend on playing the most! I'm intending to work hard at the GT Sport Competitions (Pre Season Testing in November) & Full FIA Season starting next year.

T-GT Is worthy for sure the Servo is excellent the feedback you get from the Wheel & The Rim itself is brilliant and the juicer Just brings It to life over like an T500RS which does do the Job very well. If you have been using the same wheel for a long time now and want to change it for another wheel that should be reliable (Touch Wood) Then go for a T-GT on Discount whilst It's 25% Off. I would say definitely not at £700 for the pedals alone It's Just too high of a price point. But at £525 It's very good & The a T500RS Currently is around the £380 Mark anyways in the UK so not much difference for the latest tech.

I have also owned a CSL Elite & I have to say It's amazing on Asetto Corsa but I can't imagine It being as a good on GT Sport compared to the T-GT that was built specifically for the game. Honestly depends on what game you intend on playing the most! I'm intending to work hard at the GT Sport Competitions (Pre Season Testing in November) & Full FIA Season starting next year.
I’ll be spending time on PC2 , ac, but mostly GT sport. I m coming from a g29 (before that edgy) and want to upgrade to the best wheel for the ps4. Both wheels have their advantages. But even for €600 and still no Lc pedals compared to €660 with LC brake im a bit torn. How do you rate the ffb between the 2? I’m confident to say LC brake will improve my braking, with GT it’s very difficult not locking up without abs. Good luck with the competitions!

For the t-gt:

I have found that if you hold the mode button in, it will switch your gas and clutch around. Make sure your mode button is solid red. If it is green, your pedals will be screwed up for gt sport.

Back