• 120 comments

mrbasher

BasherBoards!
Premium
United States
Redmond, WA
mrbasherman
No longer beta! Download link below

For those of us that play games on the PC using the T500, it can sometimes get annoying having to go make setting changes on a per game basis. The most often changed item is the degrees of rotation on the wheel.

Logitech users are lucky enough to have the Logitech Profiler. Fanatec users can adjust some of these on the wheel itself. T500 users get to do it manually. :scared:

This became a sore spot for me and so I decided to fix it.

This is my T500 Configuration Manager -

T500ConfigMgr.jpg

This will allow you to save all of the settings that can be adjusted within the control panel for the T500 wheel and then load them as necessary. All in one easy to find place.

Plans -

Ongoing... :)

Download Link

http://www.basherboards.com/support/utilities/T500_Config_Mgr.zip

Download the application and unzip it into it's own directory where you intend to keep it permanently. It will create it's own configuration file for storing your settings. This file must be kept with the program.

This application requires .NET 4 or higher. It can be obtained here: http://www.microsoft.com/net/download

Note! If you were one of my beta users... Simply place the application in the same directory that the beta application was in. Please delete the beta app and no longer run it.

Some new details

• The application will wait until it finds your wheel attached before you can alter any settings.
  • You can unplug and re-plug the wheel as much as you'd like without exiting the application. It will automatically sense the rim that is attached.
  • Settings can be applied in two ways: You can click the Enable button or you can enable Realtime Updates in which case changed settings will take effect immediately. Wheel rotation and overall strength can be changed while in game and will update immediately in game.
  • These settings can be changed while in game. You'll need to experiment and see what happens...

Last edited:
For those of us that play games on the PC using the T500, it can sometimes get annoying having to go make setting changes on a per game basis. The most often changed item is the degrees of rotation on the wheel.

Logitech users are lucky enough to have the Logitech Profiler. Fanatec users can adjust these on the wheel itself. T500 users get to do it manually. :scared:

Please Note: This is very much a beta program. I wrote it in about 1 hour. It is not set for release to the public. If you would like to help beta test the program, please let me know. This program will of course be free to the public.

T500ConfigMgr.jpg

(design subject to change, well... certain to change)

This will allow you to save all of the settings that can be adjusted within the control panel for the T500 wheel and then load them as necessary. All in one easy to find place.

Plans -

I would like to have the application contact my server to both store and retrieve a copy of the configurations as well. This will allow me to create a database of the most commonly used settings so that users don't have to search all over the net for what might work well for a particular game/wheel combination. I have not added that yet.

As stated above, if you would like to beta test the program, just send me a message and I will get you set up.
:bowdown:

Awesome. Now it only needs to be controllable via a buttonbox on the fly if possible (the settings that is). 👍

Edit: Also if you change things on the fly, maybe add some OSD pop-up to show how much degrees your at and the like.

It may be possible but there is one main problem with that... Changing any of the settings while in game makes the FFB on the wheel quit working. This is not a limitation of my program but the driver.

For example, you are in the middle of a game, you Alt-Tab out and open up the T500 control panel that came with the wheel, you change some settings, then go back to the game. FFB is gone. I am not exactly sure yet why that happens.

As of now, this is has to be launched before playing a game. As well, games should be setting the wheel rotation on a per car basis anyway... right?

you cant get the Logitec Profiler & make it work for the T500 bash?

No, I don't believe it works with it. On my PC it tells me nothing is connected when I launch profiler. As well, some users have complained of issues when they have profiler on their computer along with the T500. (I don't experience that though)

For example, you are in the middle of a game, you Alt-Tab out and open up the T500 control panel that came with the wheel, you change some settings, then go back to the game. FFB is gone. I am not exactly sure yet why that happens.

As of now, this is has to be launched before playing a game. As well, games should be setting the wheel rotation on a per car basis anyway... right?

The nice thing about iRacing is the mirror button, at the bottom of the black box (assigned to my BB) is a FFB adjustment. Great for road cars on different tracks. IMO a properly set FFB is the simplest setting to improve one's racecraft.

Your idea is cool, I have all the top PC games on my PC and then some. However there is only one that stands out from the rest, iRacing. I'm sure your app will work great for a lot of people that need to play 6 or 7 racers a day. :D

The main concern really seems to be changing between iRacing, rFactor and the Codemasters F1 series as they all behave a little differently.

There are some things I would like to do with the program at a later date to help make it more useful. However, right now I just wanted to gauge the interest in it. :) You're welcome to try it out left888. :) Just send me a PM and I'll get you a link to the program.

Thanks for the offer mr B, but I will pass as I am too over worked ATM. Besides iRacing is all I race. I have great faith that you are going to knock this one out of the park. You are indeed a great asset to the community.

I've just become a happy owner of a T500RS, but I've also come up against the problem of having to remember to navigate to the controller properties to change the wheel range every time I switch games.

I'd be very interested in helping to beta-test this utility.

It does what it has to do, nothing more nothing less. And it works perfect especially when you have more Sims and want to fine tune your settings. Thanks.

Thanks triskele10 :)

I haven't really heard of any complaints thus far so it must be working for people. Not usually a good assumption to make though...

I have been extremely busy with some other projects but look to be adding some more functionality to this in the near future. Glad to know it looks as though moving forward shouldn't be an issue.

hi mrbasher , i want to be a beta tester of this good work .... i beta testing a lot of last simracing programs and your program is the thing that can do the difference for best set the t500 in all way my email thebigpiece@hotmail.it

Logitech users are lucky enough to have the Logitech Profiler. Fanatec users can adjust these on the wheel itself. T500 users get to do it manually. :scared:

Please Note: This is very much a beta program. I wrote it in about 1 hour. It is not set for release to the public. If you would like to help beta test the program, please let me know. This program will of course be free to the public.

T500ConfigMgr.jpg

(design subject to change, well... certain to change)

Plans -

I would like to have the application contact my server to both store and retrieve a copy of the configurations as well. This will allow me to create a database of the most commonly used settings so that users don't have to search all over the net for what might work well for a particular game/wheel combination. I have not added that yet.

As stated above, if you would like to beta test the program, just send me a message and I will get you set up.

I saw the pic of your manager and I see its missing the combined pedals option (I only use that for flight) the manager looks very promising. Long time ago I asked TM to do the manager and they dont care about it so I'm so happy to see you doing the manager. Great job m8. BTW I helped friend of mine of to do the manger for rFactor ( http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor Launcher ) So I want to help test it too. thx.

Great point on the combined pedals! I will get that added in here. After I do that, I will PM you with the download info.

Maybe look into / confirm / refute the Wheelcheck step test woes the T500rs may exhibit (good first step, very weak 2nd/3rd, no other wheels seem to be doing the same). And offer some remedies if it in fact exists.

Maybe look into / confirm / refute the Wheelcheck step test woes the T500rs may exhibit (good first step, very weak 2nd/3rd, no other wheels seem to be doing the same). And offer some remedies if it in fact exists.

It doesn't really concern me at this point.

Last edited:
I don't know if that its possible too work on buttons mappings like in Logitech's that is less important but its cool to have it. and Normal and Advanced Mode. thx.

Latest Posts

Back