T500 Configuration Manager

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 120 comments
Yes for sure. Just been a bit busy. I will post up here soon with an update and release the software publicly

I have the app successfully communicating with the actual wheel now. This means my app can essentially replace the TM app entirely. Degrees of rotation and force, etc. Is written to the wheel without the need for opening the device properties page like before.

I think you guys will enjoy the results when they are ready.

I have the app successfully communicating with the actual wheel now. This means my app can essentially replace the TM app entirely. Degrees of rotation and force, etc. Is written to the wheel without the need for opening the device properties page like before.

Oooooh... I love this. Great work, mate!
I reckon it took you a long while to get this one sorted?

As for ideas...
Now put the App on Airdisplay (iDevice as second monitor) and you can edit it live... I hope. :sly:
Or just hooking it up to a buttonbox would be nice too.

Alright alright... I am getting ahead of myself here. :dopey:

Working with the F1 wheel yet?

Oooooh... I love this. Great work, mate!
I reckon it took you a long while to get this one sorted?

As for ideas...
Now put the App on Airdisplay (iDevice as second monitor) and you can edit it live... I hope. :sly:
Or just hooking it up to a buttonbox would be nice too.

Alright alright... I am getting ahead of myself here. :dopey:

That's an interesting idea... I could actually allow a person to map buttons on the wheel to settings too.

It'll be a little ways out though. The HID writing part, where I send commands to the wheel wasn't too bad. Finally had a moment to sit down and look at what was being sent to it, at which point, implementing it was a cinch.

The other piece I really would like to add is a small database on my server which stores all of the settings that have been input and shows the most common ranges for the various games. In order to do this properly, I need to have a list of games that the user can choose from.

I like the idea because I often see people asking what to run in different sims and having something like this available would be very handy for people I think.

That's an interesting idea... I could actually allow a person to map buttons on the wheel to settings too.

It'll be a little ways out though. The HID writing part, where I send commands to the wheel wasn't too bad. Finally had a moment to sit down and look at what was being sent to it, at which point, implementing it was a cinch.

The other piece I really would like to add is a small database on my server which stores all of the settings that have been input and shows the most common ranges for the various games. In order to do this properly, I need to have a list of games that the user can choose from.

I like the idea because I often see people asking what to run in different sims and having something like this available would be very handy for people I think.

Here's already a list of games at least (from the games I have installed minus arcade games you normally play with keyboard/gampad ;) ):

18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul
Auto Club Revolution
Dirt
Dirt 2
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Euro Truck Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012
Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010
GRID
GT Legends
GTR - FIA GT Racing Game
GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game
GTR Evolution
iRacing
Need for Speed: SHIFT
Need for Speed: SHIFT 2 Unleashed
NetKar Pro
Project C.A.R.S.
RACE 07
RaceRoom Racing Experience
rFactor
rFactor 2
Richard Burns Rally
SimRaceway
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
Test Drive Unlimited 2
ToCA Race Driver 3
WRC 3 - FIA World Rally Championship

haha! Awesome! That'll certainly do and I can always add more. Thanks!!!

OH, and so far in testing, you can change the wheel rotation and overall force setting without causing problems mid game. So that's good

haha! Awesome! That'll certainly do and I can always add more. Thanks!!!

OH, and so far in testing, you can change the wheel rotation and overall force setting without causing problems mid game. So that's good

I have another feature request. Though something for further in the future.
I would find it lovely if the program would use shared memory so you could send data to any display. SLI or any other custom display in a button box,

This so you could show what setting is being changed what its current value is. Just like on the Fanatec displays, but in this case you could use any kind of display, from LED to touch displays, and display full name strings if wanted. Maybe even switches profiles and so on.

Well, as it sits right now it could easily send data to something like an SLI, or any other HID peripheral that accepts data. AND be controlled by the SLI... :) I'll keep it in mind. I know what you are getting at. :)

Edit... I'm right in the middle of making it recognize which rim is on the wheel, without having to restart the program. So far so good. I don't want people to have to mess with it.

Actually.. Do you have an SLI? I don't but... If someone does, I think it'd be a cool thing to add to this...

If necessary I can just convert one of my USB 7 segment displays to HID so I can test this easily.

Well, as it sits right now it could easily send data to something like an SLI, or any other HID peripheral that accepts data. AND be controlled by the SLI... :) I'll keep it in mind. I know what you are getting at. :)

Edit... I'm right in the middle of making it recognize which rim is on the wheel, without having to restart the program. So far so good. I don't want people to have to mess with it.

Thanks mate.

Recognizing and being hotswappable I hope. :P

Oh, btw. Maybe we should think about sub-profiles as well. Cause the iRacing peeps like to dial in their stuff on a per car basis and all. ;)
So sub-profiles profiles based upon car name.

Edit:

I do not have an SLI but I am thinking about getting one. Though am still in doubt between a Monsta Display, or a T500 static SLI Pro or one with the Pro-Race.

Well, the profiles are already sort of "sub" What I will be doing is adding a dropdown to select the game that the config goes with. So the user can name their config whatever they want and have as many as they want per game. :)

With regard to hot swapping... I don't think it's possible. The reason for this is that the wheel actually changes it's USB Product ID when you switch the rim. This is why, in order for it to fully recognize the change, it has to be unplugged. Maybe I can make it simulate being unplugged or something. (this has proven quite difficult to properly accomplish in the past for other people though...)

I suppose I could force it into bootloader mode, then back out... That's a bit on the dangerous side though.

Well, the profiles are already sort of "sub" What I will be doing is adding a dropdown to select the game that the config goes with. So the user can name their config whatever they want and have as many as they want per game. :)

With regard to hot swapping... I don't think it's possible. The reason for this is that the wheel actually changes it's USB Product ID when you switch the rim. This is why, in order for it to fully recognize the change, it has to be unplugged. Maybe I can make it simulate being unplugged or something. (this has proven quite difficult to properly accomplish in the past for other people though...)

I suppose I could force it into bootloader mode, then back out... That's a bit on the dangerous side though.

Nah, forget about the hot swap. Wasn't thinking straight. Cause no matter what, the game would have to be rebooted anyway.

So the only thing you could do is that the program recognizes the change and doesn't need to be closed and restarted. After all, what needs to be accomplished is to make the life easier for the gamer by using this program, and not harder by restarting too many programs because of a wheel swap.

Yes. That's pretty much the case.

I do already have it recognizing when the device is unplugged and plugged in. It recognizes which mode the wheel is in as well.

Now I have to move everything from the testing application over to the release application. Then I need to put the rest of my fun stuff in there.

I can't stop having fun turning the force to 0, then turning the wheel all the way to one end of rotation, then clicking the button to make it 100 percent and watching it zip back to center lol

Ok well. I'll keep it in mind. I might have something for you to test. I stopped doing dev on iOS because I didn't feel like paying $99/year for the "privilege" but, I can dev on Android no prob. I think I can easily connect the phone to the app to give control with it while in game. :) This would give a readout and all that jazz.

Ok well. I'll keep it in mind. I might have something for you to test. I stopped doing dev on iOS because I didn't feel like paying $99/year for the "privilege" but, I can dev on Android no prob. I think I can easily connect the phone to the app to give control with it while in game. :) This would give a readout and all that jazz.

Will look forward to it.

Also I can understand that you're not willing too.
The only reason I am sticking to my iphone 4 is that it still serves me well. Though when I looked at the Samsung CES presentation and their flexible amoled devices... well, maybe I will move to android when they release one of those foldable booklet phones. :)

I should note... This software is going to be 100% free and will remain that way indefinitely.

I should note... This software is going to be 100% free and will remain that way indefinitely.

Maybe you can make an external control (touch?) screen for it? I dunno.
I looked at the Z1 screen last night and thought it would be perfect. Unfortunately it is not open software wise, or usable as an extra monitor. In fact it only supports games that interest Americans as far as I can see (no offense intended here).

Edit: nvm this. Buying an android device would be cheaper and less of a headache for you.

In any case. You're too good for us, making this all possible in your free time. Would be happy to give you a donation for your troubles. :)

Last edited:
The android thing should take care of the touchscreen situation I think, if it pans out like I plan. :) Plus, I have one and can write an app for it no problem.

As for the rest, well I do this because I enjoy it. I also have a skewed vision of what software should cost... Instead getting philosophical, I'll just say, software only costs me my time. :) 1's and 0's cost me nothing.

There's not any chance this would work with Mac OSX is there?

Unfortunately at this point, no. Though if there is enough interesting I might be able to look into it later. I can't promise anything at this point though. If anyone is interested in implementing something like this on OSX, I can certainly share what I have learned.

Can you describe in short what you would like it to do on OSX?

I'm trying to get a way to configure my wheel so I can use the clutch on PS3 but TM's software is windows only and I've only got access to a mac

AH... is it stuck with the clutch not working or something? Even in GT5? So the pedals are combined?

I'm trying to get a way to configure my wheel so I can use the clutch on PS3 but TM's software is windows only and I've only got access to a mac

You do realize that the clutch only starts to work when you have plugged in the Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter I hope? Else it is automatically disabled on PS3.

Back