T500 Configuration Manager

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 120 comments
Is it's possible.. I might just do that. I know a certain someone that would probably like to have it. :) (besides you)

Is it's possible.. I might just do that. I know a certain someone that would probably like to have it. :) (besides you)

OMFG YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it!!!!

I took a look at your screenshot on the first page. I particularly like how you have sliders for wheel rotation and auto center strength. That is WICKED dude! Those two settings are non-existent in my Immersion Touchsense control panel, which provides the default Windows driver for the ECCI 7000 ffb wheel.

As a result, a lot of older racing games simply don't steer properly because our ECCI wheels are 900 degrees only with no rotational degree settings either physical or via software, and DX Tweak 2 is a pain in the butt to use.

Furthermore, while there *IS* an "Always ON" center spring setting in the Immersion Touchsense Control panel menu for the ECCI 7000 as depicted in this pic:

windowscontrollerpanel.jpg

....turning it all the way up still provides little to no steering spring resistance. Not sure what Immersion was thinking making the max settings not strong enough but they clearly didn't do their homework....either that or ECCI themselves clearly made a mistake using them to provide drivers for this wheel.

MrBasher.....The ability to have a much stronger center spring effect for the ECCI 7000 beyond that which is provided by the default Immersion driver by way of an auto spring slider in a custom ECCI Configuration Manager would be a HUGE BLESSING, not to mention the ability to decrease or increase the degrees of rotation DirectInput sees the ECCI 7000 as, on a per game basis.

MrBasher if you can pull this off successfully I will gladly donate $10 to the MrBasher foundation! :D

Please see what you can do man!

Last edited:
Well, I can look into it though I must point out that much of what I have done is possible due to the ffb files provided with the T500 as well as the T500 firmware itself. I don't know what exactly is at my disposal with regard to the ECCI 7000. Plus, the only ECCI wheel I could test with is about a 1200 miles from me. :P

I'll do some looking when I have some time though. There may be something that can be done, which is usually better than nothing.

Well, I can look into it though I must point out that much of what I have done is possible due to the ffb files provided with the T500 as well as the T500 firmware itself. I don't know what exactly is at my disposal with regard to the ECCI 7000. Plus, the only ECCI wheel I could test with is about a 1200 miles from me. :P

I'll do some looking when I have some time though. There may be something that can be done, which is usually better than nothing.

Actually all you might need is the Immersion Touchsense drivers, to give you access to the control config menu. Afterall, the wheel itself is just like any other wheel except with a large motor and the standard Immersion circuit board. Maybe I can see if I have the drivers laying around here somewhere and upload them, would that help?

I've uploaded the drivers MB. One for x86 and one for 64. Cheggem out

Attachments

• a64.rar
    854.8 KB · Views: 50
  • x86.rar
    735.2 KB · Views: 18
All seems to work here, the only thing in my eyes which is missing is the link to the .exe for each game so you don't have to go back into the manager to select another game.

Gopher, that's one thing I will definitely be adding in the next release. Thank you for your input as well. It's been requested a few times now and makes perfect sense. :)

isamu, based on what you showed me, I think I may be able to help you out some. Do you use gmail? It would be nice to chat with you about this via gmail or skype and possible remote onto your PC when you have a moment. That's really the only way I can get what I need...

Gopher, that's one thing I will definitely be adding in the next release. Thank you for your input as well. It's been requested a few times now and makes perfect sense. :)

isamu, based on what you showed me, I think I may be able to help you out some. Do you use gmail? It would be nice to chat with you about this via gmail or skype and possible remote onto your PC when you have a moment. That's really the only way I can get what I need...

Hi Basher, yup I'm on skype. Check you PM

I'm waiting until I have the new rim to release the update. :) I want to include it in there and make sure any necessary changes have been made.

Hello mrbasher and sorry for my bad english

Great Job you make.......software

Any chance for ..........mapping buttons.........MACROS.........like G27 software?

Thx
regards

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why I have only discovered this utility today? I have owned a T500 since early last year and I've already bought two other things from BB. TWO THINGS! Why did I never come across this? My first issue was that I couldn't set up multiple profiles from within the Thrustmaster profiler. Have I been living under a rock? :nervous:

Anyway, can anyone tell me if any issues might be caused if I install this at the same time as the Thrustmaster software? I already did it and didn't experience any problems but has anyone had any issues long term?

Also @mrbasher: are there any plans to be able to launch games directly from the software just like for the Logitech profiler? I feel this would be a great addition.

Anyhoo, congratulations on being such a clever dude. :bowdown:

Been using nearly a year, no problems whatsoever. Thrustmaster are really a bunch of lazy *****, they should have produced better software for a wheel that costs £500 and gives us the ability to launch games and control the illumination of the center steering wheel logo (well that's something I would have liked :P)

Hey Jon I have an ECCI 7000, about 15 miles from you :)
I would be massively interested to know if anything could and would happen for the ECCI. I'm on the cusp of being able to use my new setup that includes a 7000.

(Insert non-existent begging emoticon)

Hello mrbasher, i'm working on a project for Assetto corsa, i would like to ask you if you can help me, i have some working c# code but i need to access driver's settings , like you did but i don't know where i have to go. Can you tell me what file or key i have to check to access driver's gain setting for example. An other way should be you to give me your uncompiled project but i think it's a little to much asked :), but that should be very nice because i want my project to be fully compatible with your T500 configuration manager. I can give you more information if you want, with private message/mail/hangout but my english isn't really good. Thank you

I just downloaded the application and was hoping it would work with the t300RS and it doesn't

so disappointed

To be honest it doesn't really work on the T500 anymore, the only thing it changes for each game is the rotation, all the FFB settings get overridden by the TM control panel.

I'm in the process of redoing the app to include the newer wheels and fix the T500 piece. I have a T500 and TX, I do not have a T300 so I will need some help potentially getting that one working. I posted this on my site actually so if you have a T300 wheel, a PC and some knowledge of computers, send me a message via the contact form on the site.

As for the TM control panel overwriting the settings, that has always been the case, if you change something in there at least.

Remember, it's free and I've got a lot of things going on right now. I'll do my best to get it updated soon.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates to the app. I've had two kids since it was released and it's honestly been at the absolute bottom of my list of things to do.

Edit: Maybe a good plan would be to make it open source... Then others could contribute to keeping it updated. Hmm...

I'm in the process of redoing the app to include the newer wheels and fix the T500 piece. I have a T500 and TX, I do not have a T300 so I will need some help potentially getting that one working. I posted this on my site actually so if you have a T300 wheel, a PC and some knowledge of computers, send me a message via the contact form on the site.

As for the TM control panel overwriting the settings, that has always been the case, if you change something in there at least.

Remember, it's free and I've got a lot of things going on right now. I'll do my best to get it updated soon.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates to the app. I've had two kids since it was released and it's honestly been at the absolute bottom of my list of things to do.

Edit: Maybe a good plan would be to make it open source... Then others could contribute to keeping it updated. Hmm...

I always thought it didn't overwrite the settings, but even if you leave TM panel at default it still does, I think using the games .exe's would be the only way to cure this.

Couldn't see anything on you page unless I'm going to the wrong place.

I always thought it didn't overwrite the settings, but even if you leave TM panel at default it still does, I think using the games .exe's would be the only way to cure this.

Couldn't see anything on you page unless I'm going to the wrong place.

Interesting... Something must have changed, seems likely considering how long it's been since I updated the app. I will get it all updated soon.

You never know, soon it'll be daddy daddy make me a sim rig! As they hog all your cool toys. :lol:

haha yep! All those extra wheels and pedals I have laying around for support and development will suddenly have a use. The older one, a girl and almost 3, is gung ho about it already. I'll likely be building her a little rig pretty quick here. I can't wait until her brother, who's only 1 and half now can race too. I know they're gonna go at it. :D The girl is constantly saying she wants to be a "race driver" which is interesting... She can steer pretty well, but generally just mashes the gas and does donuts. Seems about right. haha

Back