T500 Configuration Manager

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 120 comments
Ah... I didn't know that :) Also, the combined pedal stuff isn't saved on the wheel. It's controlled by the OS.

Ah... I didn't know that :) Also, the combined pedal stuff isn't saved on the wheel. It's controlled by the OS.

Oh, it was documented in either one of the manuals you can get from the Thrustmaster Technical Support page, or on the page itself.

Who uses combined pedals anyway? I honestly never saw a use for that option.

You do realize that the clutch only starts to work when you have plugged in the Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter I hope? Else it is automatically disabled on PS3.

:dunce: Nope lol, no way to have clutch with the paddles then?

:dunce: Nope lol, no way to have clutch with the paddles then?

Only if you make a device that emulates TH8 and insert it into the PS3 usb port. Though at that point I would rather just save up for a TH8 and have an extra accessory for my rig.

Like I said in my previous post to Basher. It is somewhere in the manuals, though forgot where.

On a seperate note, something you all might find interesting.

How to set the rotation on the wheel on PS3: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T500RS/T500RS_PS3_Rotation_Angle.pdf

Support for older PS3 games - emulation mode: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...00RS/T500_RS_PS3_Games_Compatibility_Mode.pdf

Minor update as I know several people are anxiously awaiting me to release the new version. I've decided to go ahead and just release the version that has the F1 wheel/rim capabilities along with the instant wheel updates first. However, in order to do this and minimize "work" on the part of the end user, I need to lay down some further groundwork before it's released. It's very close, hopefully "this week" close.

Please remember this isn't the only thing I am doing so I kind of have to fit this in where I can. ;) As well, I have a pretty rigorous testing procedure I go through on this stuff.

Keep your eyes peeled. :D As usual, thank you very much for your patience.

I won't keep my eyes peeled, mate. I mean for an entire week?
Just think about how horrible sleeping will be, not to talk about how painful it is when your eyes dry out. lol!
So yeah, no thanks. :sly: I will be here when you release the updated program though. :)

I'm quite happy to wait till you think its ready for release, i'd rather have something later and finished, than nothing at all like TM did..Much appreciate your time and work on this project.

i won't keep my eyes peeled, mate. I mean for an entire week?
Just think about how horrible sleeping will be, not to talk about how painful it is when your eyes dry out. Lol!
So yeah, no thanks. :sly: I will be here when you release the updated program though. :)

lol

Take all the time in the World, I'd rather wait longer and have a stable version bug free........ but who am I kidding, I want in now! lol

Take all the time in the World, I'd rather wait longer and have a stable version bug free........ but who am I kidding, I want in now! lol

Maybe if you sleep a night you'll have a surprise tomorrow under a virtual Sim Racer's Christmas tree that seems to operate more than once a year.

@Basher: Add the BasherBoards logo to the app too, if there is room to spare. It will look nice I think. Besides I like that the looks of that logo and what it represents. ;)

Check my original post... It's been updated... :D

birthday_christmas_gift_present.png

Thx's man..

Just a couple of questions, do we have to have the panel open all the time so it will take effect during the game? and secondly don't really understand this realtime update thingy, maybe i'm dim but can you explain abit more please.

I'm guessing that Real Time Updates detects when a game executable is loaded and then applies your game's profile on the fly/automatically.

Previously if you wanted to select your game's profile you had to click "Enable"; Select the steering wheel from the control panel list and click "OK"

If you're in game and you wish to change damper settings for example; you can alt and tab to the config manager; Make the changes and go back into the game. Theoretically this should then make the appropriate changes, but as Basher said needs experimenting because previously you needed to Exit the game completely and load it again for changes to take affect.

Hopefully Mr Basher can confirm. Just experiment and see how it behaves imo.

I'm guessing that Real Time Updates detects when a game executable is loaded and then applies your game's profile on the fly/automatically.

Previously if you wanted to select your game's profile you had to click "Enable"; Select the steering wheel from the control panel list and click "OK"

If you're in game and you wish to change damper settings for example; you can alt and tab to the config manager; Make the changes and go back into the game. Theoretically this should then make the appropriate changes, but as Basher said needs experimenting because previously you needed to Exit the game completely and load it again for changes to take affect.

Hopefully Mr Basher can confirm. Just experiment and see how it behaves imo.

I did actually think that it was that myself, but couldn't understand how it would work without the user being able to choose the correct .exe, ie like what you have to do in the Logitech profiler.

And do we have to have this profiler open in the background?

Gopher,

You get it all figured out yet? :D I just woke up.

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

You do not need to keep the program open in the background, but you can if you would like to change settings while in a game. This program does not do anything with the games themselves. What it does is save settings to the wheel and the operating system that are used when the wheel is used. You don't even need to open it at all for the settings to work. (see below)

If Realtime Updates is checked:
Changes to any of the settings will immediately take effect, like adjusting the wheel rotation or overall strength. One thing to note: Settings like Periodic probably will not take effect until you get out of and back into a car. I believe these settings are only reloaded by the game just before FFB is going to be used. This is why I said to experiment as not all games work the same. As well, each time a config is selected from the list, all of it's settings will be immediately loaded and used. There is no need to click Enable.

If Realtime Updates is not checked:
In order for settings to be used you must click the Enable button. You can do this while in game, just like above.

In both cases... The last settings used will be used the next time the wheel is plugged in, regardless of whether or not this application is running.

Last edited:
Here's a fun thing to try. :)

1. With the config manager open, enable Realtime Updates.
2. Slide the Overall Strength slider to 0.
3. Rotate the wheel rim all the way to one end of it's rotation by hand and leave it.
4. Disable Realtime Updates.
5. Move the Overall Strength slider to 100.
6. Get your hands and anything else away from the wheel...
7. Enable Realtime Updates. :D

You don't need to be in a game and there is no point to this except to watch the wheel spin really fast. :)

Here I just wanted to stick my arm through the wheel to see if it hurt or not. I mean, it had such a label hanging on the wheel when I bought it. j/k

The original driver user interface is also 'realtime'. When you change any of the settings, it gets applied immediately.
Changing it not realtime can have its advantages when testing settings.
Cause you can for example use air display to show Bashers interface while gaming, set the new setting in it but don't click enable. Drive a bit to get a feel for the old setting and than click apply to feel how much of a difference the new setting makes, and also where the change happens most notably.

Anyway, will try it out a bit later as I too just woke up.
I am living by the American biological clock I think. The completely wrong timezone for me, living in the Netherlands.

Edit:
Are you going to add local language support as well, like the drivers? Don't know if it does but... We could all lend you a hand to do this. Maybe make language support xml based so that we can send you the file with our local language. :)

Loving the logo btw. ;)

Alright, first thing I noticed is that it works great.

Unfortunately it has one flaw, which Sim Commander for Simvibe doesn't have.
When I put the app on my Air Display and am in game, it minimizes my game as it draws focus onto the app in the 'second monitor' that is my ipad. For some reason Sim Commander doesn't do this.

Could you find a solution for this somehow?

Gopher,

I just doubled checked and it looks like in rFactor (most likely others as well), you at least need to exit the game and go back in for these settings to change:

- Spring
- Constant
- Damper
- Periodic

The others can be updated while in game. This is a limitation of games really... They load the controller config from the OS when the game is loaded.

Last edited:
Alright, first thing I noticed is that it works great.

Unfortunately it has one flaw, which Sim Commander for Simvibe doesn't have.
When I put the app on my Air Display and am in game, it minimizes my game as it draws focus onto the app in the 'second monitor' that is my ipad. For some reason Sim Commander doesn't do this.

Could you find a solution for this somehow?

Strange... I'll take a look at it though I don't have any way to test and no idea where to start...

Edit: Is the game being launched by Sim Commander? I believe that could be how it's preventing the game from minimizing. It is normal behavior, for whatever reason, to have a full screen app minimize when it loses focus. At least, based upon what I am currently reading.

Last edited:
Strange... I'll take a look at it though I don't have any way to test and no idea where to start...

Edit: Is the game being launched by Sim Commander? I believe that could be how it's preventing the game from minimizing. It is normal behavior, for whatever reason, to have a full screen app minimize when it loses focus. At least, based upon what I am currently reading.

No, I launched the game via its own launcher. Didn't feel like firing/setting up the tactile stuff.

Sim Commander does launch the game's executable, but that's it.

Could it maybe be that the reason is that Sim Commander uses a Directx driven GUI?

I'm not sure really. I can do this with Windows Presentation Framework... However, my application was not written using that and I would need to convert it. hmm

Hmm. I think I got it :D Logi... Would you mind testing this for me? I'll send it to you via PM. Let me know

LogiForce's request is working. However, I won't be implementing it until the next version, along with making some of the other settings update in game if possible. As of now, wheel rotation, overall force and auto-center will all update in game without reloading the game.

The original intent of this was just to make settings simpler, pregame launch. However, I will do my best to satisfy as times allows. :)

Back