T500 RS - 1.09 Update (Discussion)

• Thread starter Kaelsberg
  • 227 comments
Ok, this is how the force feedback works with my wheel on ffb5.

The fact that some even discuss whether this is realistic make me wonder if it is the same on all T500rs. My wheel is a V.1 so it is from the first production series.

Thanks for posting this ! Good job đź‘Ť
Exactly the behaviour of my T500RS. Also a v1.version on FF 5
Now the non believers can see how "realistic" this is.

Maybe you could post here also ? Would be very useful.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-thrustmaster-t500rs-thread.135961/page-306#post-9791072

Last edited:

when holding the wheel like I normally hold it on a straight.

When trying to fight the wheel with all I have.

The fact that some even discuss whether this is realistic make me wonder if it is the same on all T500rs. My wheel is a V.1 so it is from the first production series.

That definitely has nothing to do with the Toyota simulator that was posted before, so it can be said it is far from realistic.

Although you point out something worth investigating. Is it the same for everyone? On my part the shakes are not so violent by far(I have the versionless wheel). However I cannot post a video atm. I will when opportunity arises.

Great Post.

Putting my GoPro to work...

The video is basically from Tetre Rouge to Indy. The wheel really only shakes when it goes over bump, and I am not really gripping it tightly. FFB is 5

The video is basically from Tetre Rouge to Indy. The wheel really only shakes when it goes over bump, and I am not really gripping it tightly. FFB is 5

Can you post your version?
Mine behaves more like yours than with the one in the previous video. In this case the behavior of the wheel is pretty much like the one on the toyota simulator.

Edit: Nice post

I don't actually know how to check the version. This is probably the last batch from the GT5 box. Its from people reselling(I am guess) the cheap US Microcenter ones...got it around Dec last year

My wheel behaves like the video you posted RacingManiac. I also don't know which version my wheel but I bought it when they first went on sell.

So I finally gave it a go for about an hour, trying various cars and tracks. I like the new FFB and downforce effects for the most part, it is an improvement in many ways. I don't like that they increased the FFB effect over curbs though, its pretty exaggerated, but I feel like they added a lot of road effects now like the variances in the road such as bumps and elevation changes. They also seemed to soften the centering spring effect which was really needed. My T500 used to cog pretty badly around center where now it feels much smoother like most other PC racing sims. I think the overall improvement is better and it does seem that the effects your feeling now are probably related to the downforce changes too. Cars with higher downforce feel more planted and the steering gets heavier with more downforce, as it should be. Street cars with low downforce seem to feel lighter than race cars as it should be.

I like all of the changes. Sure it takes some getting used to if you've been playing GT6 for a while but you can adjust pretty quickly honestly.
Can you post your version?
Mine behaves more like yours than with the one in the previous video. In this case the behavior of the wheel is pretty much like the one on the toyota simulator.

Edit: Nice post
The version of the wheel isnt going to have anything to do with how the wheel feels or the FFB effect. The only real changes in the T500 versions have been spring changes in the pedals and various cooling changes.

Last edited:
I agree Blkout the changes to the FFB are great now might not be entirely perfect but better then before. The changes enhance each of the car's own characteristics and because of that it's far more exciting to drive them. I can feel the limit of cars a lot better also I love how I can have a fast entry speed into corner and depending on the car I was driving met with mid corner understeer only to have the mechanical grip from the car keep me from flying off track. Mid and corner exit oversteer is more predictable then before. The cars feel more life like then before it was too dull before 1.09.

when holding the wheel like I normally hold it on a straight.

When trying to fight the wheel with all I have.

In your wheel parameters, do you use "assisted direction" ?

The version of the wheel isnt going to have anything to do with how the wheel feels or the FFB effect. The only real changes in the T500 versions have been spring changes in the pedals and various cooling changes.
I think that will be better to judge after the info is out there. You might be correct but let the data speak for itself. If it's not asking much can you post it? And do you use assisted steering?

Nvm I saw your post in the other thread. Thanks

Just a a quick note, having seen reference to T500 hardware version numbers.
I think that the firmware version installed on T500 might also be a factor.

V41 is the most recent firmware version, Thrustmaster posted it back 09-18-2013.
Might also be a good idea to include that info in any posts regarding this issue.

Also, in-game wheel settings, and FFB setting would be informative.
The more info provided, the better, I believe PD also lurks at GTP. :sly:

My Elite wheel fights about like that even with the FFB down to 3. I have noticed also that a couple of the previous updates also had an effect. I think it felt best using my wheel in 1.01 and every change I have noticed since then just made it harder to hold some cars straight.

In GT5P it was horrible on some tracks With the Turbo S wheel, better in GT5 but still not good especially in the X1, GT6 was better but now not as good as it once was.

I also loaded up GT4 a while back and tried to drive the FGT around Motegi Speedway, same type of thing there takign all I had just to try and hold the wheel.

My Elite wheel fights about like that even with the FFB down to 3. I have noticed also that a couple of the previous updates also had an effect. I think it felt best using my wheel in 1.01 and every change I have noticed since then just made it harder to hold some cars straight.

In GT5P it was horrible on some tracks With the Turbo S wheel, better in GT5 but still not good especially in the X1, GT6 was better but now not as good as it once was.

I also loaded up GT4 a while back and tried to drive the FGT around Motegi Speedway, same type of thing there takign all I had just to try and hold the wheel.

Elite wheel? As in Fanatec CSRE?
All Fanatec wheels emulate G25/G27 on PS3 last I checked.

I owned the entire Fanatec wheel line before going to T500.
Couldn't take the down time anymore. :lol:

So I am presuming the relevance of your post is that similar issue also affects Fanatec wheels?

? Not sure what that is? I am not using power steering assist, and wheel is set to Sim. No aids aside from TCS=1 and ABS =1

Same here, no power steering, simulation steering. I use TCS 5 which is default only because I'm too lazy to change it for every car in the game, and I also use ABS 1 which is default. I am using FFB setting of 3.

Just a a quick note, having seen reference to T500 hardware version numbers.
I think that the firmware version installed on T500 might also be a factor.

V41 is the most recent firmware version, Thrustmaster posted it back 09-18-2013.
Might also be a good idea to include that info in any posts regarding this issue.

Also, in-game wheel settings, and FFB setting would be informative.
The more info provided, the better, I believe PD also lurks at GTP. :sly:

I certainly would hope by now everyone is using the latest firmware for the T500, which is v41 as stated. It hasn't been updated in a long time now. If someone is still using older firmware, that's their fault for whatever issues their wheel might be experiencing.

So I am presuming the relevance of your post is that similar issue also affects Fanatec wheels?

This is going to blow your mind but the TX is even better than the T500 and the T300RS will likely be better also since it looks almost identical to the TX. The brushless motor design just feels outstanding. I still have my T500 for PS3 use, but I'm going to be picking up a T300RS in August. I use a TX for all my PC sims and Forza 5.

I certainly would hope by now everyone is using the latest firmware for the T500, which is v41 as stated. It hasn't been updated in a long time now. If someone is still using older firmware, that's their fault for whatever issues their wheel might be experiencing.

Agreed, but remember, not all console players also use their wheels on PC.
The firmware has to updated on PC, so I threw it out there.

Agreed, but remember, not all console players also use their wheels on PC.
The firmware has to updated on PC, so I threw it out there.

Yea I understand that, but if they can post on this forum, they probably own a PC. Its simply a matter of connecting a USB cable.

This is going to blow your mind but the TX is even better than the T500 and the T300RS will likely be better also since it looks almost identical to the TX. The brushless motor design just feels outstanding. I still have my T500 for PS3 use, but I'm going to be picking up a T300RS in August. I use a TX for all my PC sims and Forza 5.

Don't really understand what this has to do with the post I replied that seems to concern a Fanatec CSRE which you have quoted.

I have actually had hands-on with the TX, so I am kind of lost here, enlighten me please.

Don't really understand what this has to do with the post I replied that seems to concern a Fanatec CSRE which you have quoted.

I have actually had hands-on with the TX, so I am kind of lost here, enlighten me please.

I thought you stated you owned a T500 and were very happy with it. I was simply saying if you like the T500, the TX and likely the T300RS are even better in regards to FFB feel.

I thought you stated you owned a T500 and were very happy with it. I was simply saying if you like the T500, the TX and likely the T300RS are even better in regards to FFB feel.

Thanks, misunderstood the point of your post in the overall context. :)

Last edited:
Centering spring its unrealistic, it was created for arcade games that don't have FF.
They should use 1:1 turning, instead of adapting centering spring to reduce the response, or to cut dead zone.
If you use interior view you will see the wheel its off set with the wheel inside de car (that's cause i don't like to use inside view)
In all pc sims centering spring its disable, why they have to turned it on GT6? :S
Or will they give us options at least to control dead zone and rotation or leave it as it was...
I really hate this new wheel settings...

Centering spring its unrealistic, it was created for arcade games that don't have FF.
They should use 1:1 turning, instead of adapting centering spring to reduce the response, or to cut dead zone.
If you use interior view you will see the wheel its off set with the wheel inside de car (that's cause i don't like to use inside view)
In all pc sims centering spring its disable, why they have to turned it on GT6? :S
Or will they give us options at least to control dead zone and rotation or leave it as it was...
I really hate this new wheel settings...

There's less centering effect now than before the patch...

You don't feel that on turning, you feel that when the wheel its almost centering, but its on every car, course you will notice more on race cars, cause the wheel its heavy on race cars.
That's why people are complain about the rumble in straights, instead of giving us less dead zone, they put the centering spring.
That's what i feel, but i need more testing, i didn't have to much time to do proper testing.
I remember this feeling in old games, when i have my first wheel Microsoft FF Side Winder

Back