T8CA - Smuffy, Team RPM, GTPanoz, Volkswagen CHAMPIONS!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,320 comments
  • 118,284 views

TOCA9 - do you want it as a true finale for GTP TOCA


  • Total voters
    45
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Thinks back to people complaining of too much of one car... Points at top 6 at grand valley being six different cars...*

Ok, leave it then. Don't change the vw if it's equal.
 
Akmuq
Ok, leave it then. Don't change the vw if it's equal.

With reaction so against the change I guess I won't do it.. Not going to go against all of you, after all the drivers are most important.
 
Not taking part in this. So much fuss over specs, wow and I don't even know which car I'd drive anyway, or who to partner with. So if you gave me a spot you can take me off, or if you thought I would join.
 
freshseth83
Not taking part in this. So much fuss over specs, wow and I don't even know which car I'd drive anyway, or who to partner with. So if you gave me a spot you can take me off, or if you thought I would join.

Already took your name off, not impressed with I have heard about you. A quitters attitude like that won't help.
 
Already took your name off, not impressed with I have heard about you. A quitters attitude like that won't help.

This wasn't a good choice.
 
Already took your name off, not impressed with I have heard about you. A quitters attitude like that won't help.

That's like me saying I don't like what I've heard about you and your changing specs to suit your car. :ouch:

And a "quitting attitude"? Probably heard that from your little grapevine. Not to derail your thread but you've got guys in here who I've raced before for better or worse that know why I stopped taking part in the series we were racing in. Go to the source if you want to know, listening to people's stories here is akin to rumors in school. But lots of guys here are still in school so I can see where that mentality comes from.
 
and things have just kicked off again, fabulous :D
 
Furi, calm down. Getting upset isn't going to help with anything. If you are going to get mad, at least calm down a bit before posting on the thread. We don't need the series getting destroyed by massive arguments and bad tempers.
 
Is it bad that I got a snack JUST to be ready for this?

just got my mum to drive to the local supermarket to get me some more popcorn, the last few pages have depleted my supplies :(
 
Furi, calm down. Getting upset isn't going to help with anything. If you are going to get mad, at least calm down a bit before posting on the thread. We don't need the series getting destroyed by massive arguments and bad tempers.

Are you new around here?
 
Not trying to knock what you have here. There's too much confusion going on with the car choice, or lack of. Being one of the last takers I may get to choose between two cars I wouldn't want to run. Seems I'm not even welcome anyway so whats the use!? :lol:
 
Dont forget this is only a game why are people getting so angry.
 
If you don't wanna runaway championship introduce the two-compound rule(so we won't be on RM's 100% of the time) and success ballast.

Just giving my opinion on these two points...

The way the medium tyre works the only way two-compound rule would work was if we went opposite of at BTCC's doing this year (one race with hard tyres instead of one with soft ones), and to make it fair, people should have to nominate which race they would be using the hard tyre before a certain deadline (one hour before the lobby opened for exemple);
From personal experience, I think success ballast is a good way to keep an even field and allow for multiple winners.

Obviously we're probably to close to the first round to be able to test these changes, but I hope Furi's open to at least consider one or both changes for next season...
 
Dont forget this is only a game why are people getting so angry.

People claim this is a game but when a racing series starts they reveal their inner crazy person. Every TOCA Season is like this. Don't worry about it...:scared:
 
RedDragon
People claim this is a game but when a racing series starts they reveal their inner crazy person. Every TOCA Season is like this. Don't worry about it...:scared:

I have been in toca a while :lol:
Are you racing this season
 
I have been in toca a while :lol:
Are you racing this season

Yep, racing in the final 2 rounds. First time racing in a :gtpflag: event since the failed TOCA Season 4.1 and TOCA Season 3 :D
 
And i take it you have the honda:-).
 
freshseth83
That's like me saying I don't like what I've heard about you and your changing specs to suit your car. :ouch:

And a "quitting attitude"? Probably heard that from your little grapevine. Not to derail your thread but you've got guys in here who I've raced before for better or worse that know why I stopped taking part in the series we were racing in. Go to the source if you want to know, listening to people's stories here is akin to rumors in school. But lots of guys here are still in school so I can see where that mentality comes from.

:bowdown: New God.....
 
FF's need to be quicker than the 4WD's and RWD's because of their inability to put the power down at the start, and because of huge (relative) tyre wear.

You said the golf just catches the FF's at the end of the straight. Is this a catch as in you were back on their tail/bumper, or a catch as in you were just matching them for speed at the end of the straight, but you were 4/5 car lengths behind?

If the first, then the car does not need a boost, as it shows that draft has cancelled out the effect of the other car accelerating first.

If it is the second then it could have a torque boost, but also take a weight penalty otherwise the VW will have the top 6 positions by turn 1 because of a far superior torque/weight ratio.

It is torque. I am scratching my head how the Audi destroys all including the VW at starts

Seriously everyone is surprised at the VW being made faster? Furi is driving it remember.

(Seriously furi this isn't a good reputation.)

Point taken. 👍

It's not as much 1 lap pace as it is whole race pace. I can run a faster overall lap in a few cars, but the vw is about the best car in terms of consistency of pace throughout the whole race. The boost isn't needed. I think the cars are pretty close as is. I tend to agree with snow that the VW has so many advantages already that it needs to be slow on the straights.

And I guess we will find out at Cape either way in just over a week.

DK
Furi, perhaps you could consider equipping either the ECU or the Racing Air Filter?

Yes.


That's like me saying I don't like what I've heard about you and your changing specs to suit your car. :ouch:

And a "quitting attitude"? Probably heard that from your little grapevine. Not to derail your thread but you've got guys in here who I've raced before for better or worse that know why I stopped taking part in the series we were racing in. Go to the source if you want to know, listening to people's stories here is akin to rumors in school. But lots of guys here are still in school so I can see where that mentality comes from.

The bold bit? Total crap. The rest? Well, listen, if I have reason off drivers who are in this series who have messaged me to say that it isn;t a good idea, then I listen to them.

Lot's of guys in school? Nice, insult a lot of drivers having a discussion.

Furi, calm down. Getting upset isn't going to help with anything. If you are going to get mad, at least calm down a bit before posting on the thread. We don't need the series getting destroyed by massive arguments and bad tempers.

👍 Most constructive thread you have ever said Kiwi, you have matured from the season 3 boy racer :p :lol:

Not trying to knock what you have here. There's too much confusion going on with the car choice, or lack of. Being one of the last takers I may get to choose between two cars I wouldn't want to run. Seems I'm not even welcome anyway so whats the use!? :lol:

Confusion where? And there's 8 cars, and there 5 available. I fail to see issue.

Dont forget this is only a game why are people getting so angry.

+10000000000000000000000 👍


This season I am willing to review car specs week by week as well, rather than the old half way review.

In the end, we are all here to race and have fun, nothing less, nothing more.
 
Furi from what I seen like the Pug, it had a slow top speed at Spa 146mph but still got there fast just lacked top end. (Was almost level with old fastest times) I have no idea what your on about with the VW it is less than .5 off at Spa and does 147mph.. This was on the spec you gave me, which I cleared as pretty well perfect. To speed it up will just take it too far and make it too fast a race car, if not one lap pace aswell.

It does remind me of the Infi speed up, which wasn't needed as it turned out.
 
Furi from what I seen like the Pug, had a slow top speed at Spa 146mph, still got there fast just lacked top end. I have no idea what your on about the VW is less than .5 off at Spa and does 147mph.. This was on the spec you gave me, which I cleared as pretty well perfect. To speed it up will just take it too far and make it too fast a race car, if not one lap pace aswell.

I think, if we test the car with the new specs amongst other drivers in different cars in a full race distance, then we'll know.
 
Following on from a suggestion from yeratel, tomorrows Fuji test will have draft off so we can gauge a true representation of peoples speed.
 
One other thing just because you can't pass on straights doesn't mean the car can't. You can't just expect draft to hold your hand in passing.. If you get a worse run than the driver infront then draft pulls you back in thats perfect. As imo you need to have to work to setup a pass by getting a better run etc. (This could be the reason for most dive bombs here...)

Draft off good idea. Pity collisions are off too.
 
The bold bit? Total crap.

Is it total crap? So I guess we have quite a few lying about that. Which makes this point...
The rest? Well, listen, if I have reason off drivers who are in this series who have messaged me to say that it isn;t a good idea, then I listen to them.
...a bit ironic, doesn't it? You "listen to drivers" who message you. But I listen to drivers who message and it's "total crap". :lol: ok!

Lot's of guys in school? Nice, insult a lot of drivers having a discussion.
School = rumors. Certain GTP members = rumors. 'School' mentality. :dunce:

Confusion where? And there's 8 cars, and there 5 available. I fail to see issue.
Seems so. You also "failed to see" I was talking about my confusion on what car I'd run. 👍
 
Is it total crap? So I guess we have quite a few lying about that. Which makes this point...
...a bit ironic, doesn't it? You "listen to drivers" who message you. But I listen to drivers who message and it's "total crap". :lol: ok!

School = rumors. Certain GTP members = rumors. 'School' mentality. :dunce:


Seems so. You also "failed to see" I was talking about my confusion on what car I'd run.

Seth, i've seen you looking for arguments before, so all i'll say is that of course I listen to drivers if they message me, that's the whole point. Coming in here with an attitude like that is just going to get you in a hole.

And rule no.1 of everything - you can NEVER please everyone.

Now dropping this conversation entirely.

Furi.
 
is the VW allowed the torque distributing centre differential?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back