Take on Phil Spencer in Forza 7 Dec. Bounty Hunter

• Thread starter nExx
  • 76 comments
Germany
Germany
Benni-__-nExx
Since nobody has opened this thread I hope it is ok that I do it: This is the discussion thread for the December Bounty Hunter Event in Forza 7.
You will be able to drive the 2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR on the Hockenheim National, the event will last until Jan. 3, 2018.
You will win the 911 RSR just for participating, the prize car for beating Phil has not been chosen yet, you can vote for it here

You can read more about the event on the FM7 Xbox page

If you need some guidance about beating his time of 1:32.563, here is my onboard:

I voted for the Type R FE. NOW... for beating good ol XboxP3. The last time I attempted to beat him in a bounty hunter event, was when he used the Lotus F1 car in FM6. Back then, I didn't have a wheel and controlling an F1 in Forza was like, trying to hit a squirrel hopped up on amphetamines with a snow ball from 15 feet away. Now Phil's using a car that doesn't take superhuman skill to drive, and I have a wheel that works (on PC). So I am all set for this one. Let the hunt begin!

[Watch me end up at least 5 seconds off of Phil's pace.] :lol:

Have they announced when the last day he can upgrade his time will be? Maybe New Year’s Day, they have us 2 days to beat Dan G’s time after he set his final one. Is this guy pretty fast?

If you need some guidance about beating his time of 1:32.563, here is my onboard:
His best time so far is 01:37.370. You can add him as a friend to see the correct time. His gamer tag is P3.

I've heard that Kirsty Allsop's more of a P CARS 2 fan.

Phil Spencer at Taylor Wimpey.jpg

Maybe it's the time set by the writer of the article John Schommer? I'm confused to.... :D
The 1:32 is John's time, he improved to a 1:31 on last night's stream.

If you want to track Phil's times add P3 to your Xbox Friends List.

I went out and ran 3 or 4 laps just to try out the car and I think I ended up with a low 1:30.xxx Definitely more to be had there as I was getting a bit sideways here and there and am not that good on the track in question.

I noticed you can keep it in third for most turns and it works better than using second. Hell I even stayed in Fourth for a couple of turns as well.

I noticed you can keep it in third for most turns and it works better than using second. Hell I even stayed in Fourth for a couple of turns as well.
I've been lugging the hell out of the RSR, and around the tighter turns it works well. My problem is the car becomes unsettled when I am on the faster turns and switch-backs.

http://www.autohebdo.fr/sites/default/files/schemas/allemagne.png

On the map I linked,the problematic, 16 and 17. Granted we aren't running this configuration in the rival event. This is one of the only maps I found where the turns are labeled in some way. Because the back of the car seems to step out for no reason, I find myself having to take these turns incredibly slow. About as slow as I would take turns #1, 2, 8 and 13. Even setting myself up for the turns has me struggling to keep the rear tires from coming around. In all other iterations of Forza Motorsport, I never had a problem with the turns in question. What gives?

I've been lugging the hell out of the RSR, and around the tighter turns it works well. My problem is the car becomes unsettled when I am on the faster turns and switch-backs.

http://www.autohebdo.fr/sites/default/files/schemas/allemagne.png

On the map I linked,the problematic, 16 and 17. Granted we aren't running this configuration in the rival event. This is one of the only maps I found where the turns are labeled in some way. Because the back of the car seems to step out for no reason, I find myself having to take these turns incredibly slow. About as slow as I would take turns #1, 2, 8 and 13. Even setting myself up for the turns has me struggling to keep the rear tires from coming around. In all other iterations of Forza Motorsport, I never had a problem with the turns in question. What gives?
Be very careful with the throttle on curbs, they dramatically unsettle the car. Also, it might be weight transfer that's whipping your rear end out as well, so try being softer into the turn while you're braking.

As for the turn, I myself go for the outside of the track and push wide so I can keep speed up to the next turn, at almost full throttle, and just modulate towards the apex of turn 17 and floor it right out. I almost use no braking, after the initial brake zone for 16.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I also need to recheck my wheel settings. Something feels off.

@ImaRobot, your advice really helped immensely. I was able to get my time down from the 1:39's and into the 1:33 range. I also see where I can make up 10ths. I'll put more effort in later in the day, but thanks again.

Last edited:
I tried five rounds on the Daytona oval in slow speed that they are certain clean , all five rounds with the triangle...
Assist-line off
Friction assist off
Rewind assist off

Phill just set a time of 1:35,500. He is still using all the assist so I believe he can improve by a lot.

phil should be a easy target due to him be a proper all rounder gamer.

I done a 1:28.6 so I'm definetley safe to get both cars

Phil improved his time today:
PHIL'S TIMES
Dec. 17: 1:35.923

I'm at 1:32.422 so I should be good.

Phil improved his time today:
PHIL'S TIMES
Dec. 17: 1:35.923

(edit. Not bagging on your time. I can't touch that with a 10' pole)

I was driving my tail off to get a 1:32.677 only to find XboxP3 is nearly 3 seconds behind me?

Phil...

I am disappoint!

(edit. Not bagging on your time. I can't touch that with a 10' pole)
Not offended at all. If I learned anything from a years worth of Beater or Sleeper racing in Horizon 3, it's that I'm a really slow racer. I'm just glad they finally found a bounty that mere mortals can beat.

Not offended at all. If I learned anything from a years worth of Beater or Sleeper racing in Horizon 3, it's that I'm a really slow racer. I'm just glad they finally found a bounty that mere mortals can beat.
He does have until the 3rd to improve his time. Maybe he’s toying with us.

So this is going on until the 3rd. So there's time for everyone to improve. Cool.

I discovered that the RSR responds well to heavy braking, as long as its in a straight line. I'm wondering how this will improve my times.?

Back