Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
PART II

Louis Montagny has given another chance of life, at the cost of his dearly beloved. Though tragic, he resolves to continue what he had started.

Now, he aims much bigger. He wants the entire world to recognize him, and he shall start by making a name for himself in the remaining rounds of Super GT. Will he be able to prevail over the competition?

Page 1 - Special Guest

Time: 3 pm, the next day

While it's only a few days left before the third round of Super GT, both Rob and Takuma have found a time for leisure. Hence they spent the day going around, and decided to have coffee in a hotel nearby the summit of Mt. Akina, said to be one of the best in the country.

They didn't mind the long travel time, as they are completely satisfied, exceeding their expectations.

The men are taking their leave, having had enough of the noisy cafe.

21863350190_e1f1712f8e_c.jpg

Takuma: "Let's head back. Ehhh??? Looks like it's going to get rainy in a matter of days. This will be tough."

Rob: "Louis might go beast mode again in rain. Happened to me before. Took me by surprise."

Even though he immigrated to London, Takuma hasn't forgotten to take care his beloved light blue RE Amemiya-tuned FD3S.

21864627419_104060c11f_c.jpg

In fact, it was further modified during his absence, having asked a favor from Takanori. Since then, it has turned into a more menacing street machine. Despite the wider body kit, it actually loses 40 kilograms from its weight.

Takuma starts up the engine, and then it gives a distinct burble.

Rob: "I don't like this engine's snorting."

Takuma: "It's been swapped. It's now powered by a twin turbocharged 3-rotor. I love that "Brap brap brap" idle noise. Heh."

They set off, and Takuma floors the accelerator.

21863349890_45589df7b0_c.jpg

Rob: "Why in a hurry?"

Takuma: "Roads like these always urge me to drive like mad."

21863641038_afa04db969_c.jpg

Rob: "Mad? As in Louis Montagny mad? Heh. It will be a tough comparison."

Takuma: "I am only aware of his skill having watched him from afar, and the stories flourishing online. Since you're here, I want to hear from you, having seen him up close."

Rob briefly looks up, and breathes out a sigh. Then he only shows a grin.

Rob: "Like I told you before, he's a beast. What are beasts capable of?"

21863640478_96ca685239_c.jpg

Takuma: "Whoops! There goes the grip. Hehe."

Rob: "I'm afraid you need a lot more than just countersteer in order to at least tap the rear of his car."

Takuma: "Eh?"

Rob: "You have plans of crossing paths with him?"

Takuma: "Maybe, if destiny allows to."

Rob: "You'll cross with him if you desire to. You don't know him. You're about to."

Takuma: "I do plan to run in Round 4. At least I get to see what you're talking about."

Having reached the base of the hill in an instant, Takuma slows down and returns to cruising.

Then he hears his phone ringing on the dashboard. He takes a peek, and it's Takanori calling him. He puts it in loudspeaker as he resumes his driving.

Takanori: "Aniki, you should watch Motoring Weekly tomorrow night. I will interview Louis Montagny, as he's our special guest."

Takuma: "How'd you get him?"

Takanori: "I met him way before Super GT. Having known of his achievements, I might as well make him a special guest."

Takuma: "Okay. I'll watch. Besides, I rarely get to watch the episodes lately ever since I moved. I miss the office."

Time: 7 pm

I was suddenly invited to talk as a special guest in Motoring Weekly, with hosts who are actually from the Dream Alliance. I know Takanori, since we bumped into each other back then.

I am their rival, but having been invited to talk here, I might as well provoke them on air, with a touch of courtesy of course.

Nobuhiko is also part of the cast, huh? But I haven't got the chance to talk to him as he's busy, and I am also busy with fixing myself up.

We have a minute left before the taping would begin. Nina told me that the interview will be aired tomorrow night. Hopefully I look good in the screen.

The director asks me to go forward and wait at the backstage, and then enter the set on cue.

Oh, it's starting. Takanori will interview me, huh? He's very well-versed in English anyway.

Takanori: "Konya no supesharu gesuto wa, Furansu no ichiban hayai duraibaa deshou. Demo, watashi tachi wa subarashii hashiri ga miemashta. Tatoeba, nijuuyojikan Ru Mansu ni, totemo hayai teki deshta. Ima, Supaa GT de hashi tte imasu, GT-R o unten shte imasu. Sate, konya no gesuto ni Louis Montagny o shoukai shimashou!"

(Tonight's special guest, is arguably France's fastest driver. But we were able to see his amazing performance, such as in 24 Hours of Le Mans wherein he was a very fast rival. Currently, he is racing in Super GT, driving a GT-R. Well then, for tonight's guest, let us introduce Louis Montagny!)

I don't understand anything Takanori just said, but the director then asks me to come up to the set. I bowed in front of the cameras for the sake of courtesy, of course. Finally, Takanori and I shake hands.

Takanori: "Good evening. Welcome to the show. Please have a seat."

Whew... sitting relieves the tension, somewhat.

Takanori: "We're honored to be our special guest for tonight. We rarely have foreign guests here in our show, and you're the fifth one if I remember it correctly. How you are doing?"

Takanori's English has a strong American accent, which is a rarity among the Japanese. Probably he took the English language classes seriously. I heard that while learning English is mandated by the Japanese law, it turns out to be an "extra-curricular" subject in most schools, hence making it rare to see a local speaking it fluently.

Louis: "Doing great."

Takanori: "Glad to hear it, but pardon me for asking this. While you did show an amazing performance in the first round of Super GT, you and your team were suddenly missing in action in the second round. Would you mind explaining to us why?"

That's... a touch sensitive. But alright, I'll be in my most formal to answer it.

Louis: "Well... something bad happened within our team. My teammate and my sworn brother, Toru Tanaka had passed away. Out of respect, I won't divulge the specifics. But we were absent in the 2nd round in order for us to grieve."

Takanori: "That young Toru Tanaka-kun died? That's shocking. Now I see why. He had a very promising career ahead, especially during his time in your team. Anyway, let us get to know you more. Since this show is a consumer car buying and review program, please share us your views on different cars that we'll be presenting on the screen. This is what we do to our guests, by the way."

Whew, sad part is over. I have a lot of time. Good. This is more of a trivia about me, then.

Takanori: "First one..."

Peugeot-RCZ-R-1_2758208b.jpg

Louis: "Peugeot RCZ R. I actually test drove one. Amazing chassis, can cope up with 270 horsepower propelling only the front wheels. I won't mind owning one."

Takanori: "I see. What about this one?"

renault-alpine-12.jpg

Louis: "One of my dream cars, actually. Only seen it in videos, and that sound already urges me to go drive it."

Takanori: "I couldn't agree more. I, too, want to drive it. Next one..."

new-berlingo-multispace-web.203065.png

Louis: "Citroen Berlingo. That's actually my everyday car back home. Punchy engine, very roomy space, and surprisingly fun to drive. Hehe."

Takanori: "Hehehehehe. You may be wondering why I keep on showing photos of French cars, that's because I made a research, and it's said that you have strong fondness for those cars."

Louis: "First and foremost, I love my mother land. Second, French cars are fun, because they are like your friends, reliable, but also pull pranks on you. You know those typical foibles associated with French cars? They're all true. This is coming from a French."

Takanori: "Hehehehehehe. Quite a funny yet interesting insight there! Now, for the next set of photos, we will be showing cars from other countries. Okay, let's begin with this."

nissan-gt-r-nis_gtr_10_black_1.jpg

Louis: "As far as I know, that's also a Renault. Questionable reliability, chief of which is the Launch Control."

Takanori: "Ahahahahahaha! True! True! But you drive one currently, as a Super GT race car, right?"

Louis: "Yep. Surprisingly capable."

Takanori: "I see. Do you know that I own a Nismo GT-R? Currently has 700 horsepower. On to the next photo."

2014-porsche-911-turbo-s-991-11.jpg

Louis: "I'd buy that over a GT-R or a Ferrari. Do you know that it's actually 3 seconds faster than the GT-R in Anglessey Circuit in UK? It's also faster than a 458 Speciale."

Takanori: "Interesting. You know, my twin recently got interested in Porsche 911s too. In fact, he is in a waiting list for the new GT3 RS."

Twin? Oh, you mean Takuma Kanonji? Is he just as ferocious as Rob Hatch?

McLaren%20675LT_studio_02.jpg

Speaking of him... that photo is next.

Takanori: "Something British. The McLaren 675LT."

Louis: "Reminds me of someone who I always find fun to bicker with. Too bad though, I can't buy one, since it's extremely limited. Honestly, that will always be a dream car. Really really fast."

Takanori: "One of my teammates is a lucky owner of that. Maybe we can arrange for a drive with that."

Louis: "Don't worry about it, that person is also a close friend of mine. He's just a call away."

Takanori: "Next question. If you are going to buy another car that you will drive in Paris, or your hometown, what would it be? It can be a different car, that are not among the photos shown."

I'll make it light-hearted, in honor of the host. He exudes a very friendly aura.

Louis: "You may laugh at me, but I'm actually eyeing to buy a Renault Twizy."

Takanori: "Twizy? Ummm... can the production team make a quick search on that?"

Moments later, they managed to provide a photo on the screen.

renault-twizy-06.jpg

Takanori: "THAT ONE?! Ahahahahahaha! Why?"

Louis: "Nimbler than any other car in Paris, trust me. You can place it anywhere you wish to, without poisoning the planet. It can also complete several laps around the Le Mans circuit."

Takanori: "Hey, who knows? Maybe it can even win the Le Mans! Haha!

Okay, before we end this segment of the show, can you share any of your future plans? Clearly, you've been beating my teammates in various occasions, even in this season. Are we expecting a faster Louis Montagny in the next round?"

Time to announce my true intentions. My conquest will formally begin here, right from this very show. I'm sorry, Takanori. Don't mind my sudden shift of demeanor.

Louis: "Yes. And I'll make sure you won't have a smooth sailing. The storm is yet to begin. Zephyr means a light wind, but in my own terms, it means a sign of a much stronger calamity. Your boat will rock even more violently.
I have to get out of my comfort zone, as it must be, in order to keep growing. Racers in Europe now cower in my presence. I say, why not expand my horizon? I'll challenge the world this time, starting from here.

I have dreams to fulfill, much like you and your team. If our dreams are meant to clash, then so be it. I'm always ready. You encouraged me to grow, then let me return the favor.

See you on the third round. I'm looking forward for our next clash."

Takanori: "Ooooookay, that's very... serious of you. Well, we all have to get serious in fulfilling our goals, am I right? Thank you for being part of the program. It's a pleasure getting to know you."

Don't tell me that I already spooked you, Takanori. That's just who I am. But I think you're not the fearful one. I can tell that beneath your friendly demeanor lies a soul on fire. Am I the one who ignited it?

If so, then I'm glad. Knowing that the hosts are from the Dream Alliance, I used this interview to re-ignite the flames of war for the Dream Alliance.

I'm back. You miss me?

End of Page 1

Louis went a little bit "Porsche fanboy" (no offense meant there) when he saw and spoke about the 911, haha. It's as if he took that from someone else... :sly: :lol:

And the fact that he includes both a Berlingo and a Twizy (the normal one) proves that he is indeed mad. A good kind of mad, mind you.

Page 2: Driver's Best

Time: 3 pm, Super GT Third Round

Awwww man... the rain did not stop at all. It's been that for a couple of days.

But in the world of racing, it's business as usual, whether you're on or off the track. The show must go on.

I double checked the points we have. Looks like I have overreacted. I almost forgot that Dream Alliance also retired, in the very first round. Which means, we still have a chance.

Right now, the round is about to come to a close. Our positions keep on changing, but Dmitri is simply badass. Thankfully we only did tire changes and refuel, no mechanical problems to report.

21486664464_892a40abe3_c.jpg

And as usual, no race will pass by without Rob Hatch visiting me.

Rob: "Looks like your new member is catching up to you."

Louis: "I truly commend his skills."

22119560911_7cc5df703b_c.jpg

Rob: "When are you gonna be running?"

Louis: "When Dmitri goes into his next pit stop. What about you? Are you going to send out Nobuhiko again?"

22119560631_d8b8a49cbd_c.jpg

Rob: "Of course. He's our beacon when it comes to Super GT. I told you, he's a legend."

Louis: "And I also told you, that I fear no legend and topple it. The same will happen to him."

21922579349_0d3bd0ab30_c.jpg

Rob: "Don't talk so high and mighty just because you are popular. He is different from the others you've trifled with."

Louis: "Is he your top driver?"

21921315050_0800de19cf_c.jpg

Rob: "You could say that. And... do you think you have provoked us during that stint in that motoring show? We're used to such cheeky provocation."

Louis: "Rob Hatch, words are very powerful. Even in history, words have paved the way in toppling empires. Once it's my turn, those words will be put into practice. I'll make sure of it."

22119559941_2d1cd884d2_c.jpg

And here they are, they have entered the pit lane. All right, time for a driver change.

Louis: "See you at the podium..."

Rob: "Heh."

I swiftly grab my blue shiny helmet and put it on. I strapped myself in as the crew changes the tires at speed. Nobuhiko has also gotten in his car.

Stephan: "Make this your epic comeback, Louis. We and the Dream Alliance are tied in points, in truth. Show them that we can conquer any racing series."

Louis: "Roger."

Stephan: "Looks like we're cleared to go. Good luck!"

We're going to give the audience another treat of excitement. Hold on to your seats...

...as you see your so-called "GT500 Legend" fall before me.

22119559491_b9370d5afa_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "The same won't happen again. Rain or shine, I shall prevail! I have to bring my team's pride back!"

22119559131_f978a276f3_c.jpg

Meanwhile, at the Dream Alliance pit garage:

Rob: "The audience will see another exciting bout."

Takuma: "But I'm confident that Nobuhiko will win this time again, like in the previous round."

Rob: "I hate to sound too pessimistic, but I think what you said won't happen, sweetheart."

Hiroyuki: "I'm afraid I have to agree with Rob here."

Rob: "I don't like rain at all. It's like it's holding you back because the road is slippery."

22083307646_97bca18a01_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I believe otherwise."

Takuma: "Eh?"

Hiroyuki: "Remember the time when Louis outran Rob at the Nurburgring round of the FIA WEC?"

flashbackrob1.jpg

Rob: "That moment when he caught me off guard, and the first instance I knew that he's a total beast from behind the wheel."

flashbackrob3.jpg

flashbackrob2.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Rain brings out the best of a racer, Rob. That's why Louis managed to outrun you. It just lies within, the determination to win no matter what the odds are. The wet road challenges every decision you make, from your footwork to the steering."

Rob: "It takes a brave soul. That was just one among the few instances that I tipped my hat off to him."

21488367223_d93a460e68_c.jpg

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Three Laps

Final leg. To be exact, three laps. Anything can happen, and I am the one making that happen. The world is now my stage, not just Le Mans, nor Europe.

It will start here, right now!

22139722391_eec5f17e57_c.jpg

Not bad. Your car has power, and can keep up easily. I don't want the fun to end so soon, despite three laps left.

22129601095_689c9bfbab_c.jpg

21506766704_7bcaa6e8e7_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Anything can happen. I must not be complacent. At any moment, he will strike!"

Meanwhile, in the Dream Alliance pit garage:

Hiroyuki keeps his composure despite the tension he feels. He knows his son is on the edge, and so does his team's chances of victory.

Hiroyuki: "While I am certain that the hybrid system is fully functional, I can never ever be complacent, and I shouldn't be."

Rob: "Complacency jinxes everything. I learned that the hard way."

Hiroyuki: "No doubt that the FT-1 stands a chance, because even if Nobuhiko isn't using KERS at all, the system still delivers a certain percentage of electric power to the engine, as a torque fill."

21941425190_20f8f09f3a_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hence it can catch up to and even overtake any opponent in its class on the straights. But the rain today..."

Takuma: "...is the biggest threat."

Hiroyuki: "On the other hand, I worry nothing about Nobuhiko's abilities. He has reached this far, and today might just be another valuable lesson for him.

There may be just two laps left, but any game-changing moment can happen in a blink of an eye."

nobuvslouis_5.jpg

nobuvslouis_4.jpg

2 laps left. That Nobuhiko guy sure is pushy.

nobuvslouis_5.jpg

I think I'm noticing a pattern here. You blast away at the straights...

nobuvslouis_6.jpg

nobuvslouis_7.jpg

But I make ground through the turns. Does his car have too much power for the rain?

nobuvslouis_8.jpg

If that's the case, then I'm sorry to say you've already lost.

nobuvslouis_9.jpg

But I will commend you for keeping it together. I'm actually struggling to keep up. However...

...for the last lap, all struggle shall be yours! The real storm begins now!

nobuvslouis_10.jpg

Mind if I give you a...

...poke?

nobuvslouis_11.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What?! He's shifted to a more aggressive style!"

Oops, sorry. I almost forgot. The road is slippery.

Nobuhiko: "You total jerk! Have I been faster, I could have been shot off further!"

nobuvslouis_12.jpg

Toru once told me, Super GT is filled with aggressive drivers. Hence I prepared myself for this aggression.

Don't think badly of me, boy. I am a touring car driver, and what I did is a typical offensive tactic in touring car circles. You don't know real racing if you don't have a little dirty trick up your sleeve! I'm sure even someone as innocent like you have a sinister side.

Come at me! If I'm the bad guy here, then so be it!

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Well Louis, you can act as a bad guy for a while, since it's part of being an antihero anyway (and mind you, he's the official antihero for the entirety of the story). Anti-heroes can go too far at times.

- Mind if I make another point-to-point track, this time as Zephyr's road representing Redview?

As a wise man once said, "To beat a beast, you have to become a beast." It's time for Nobuhiko to rekindle his old aggresion.

Last edited:
Page 4: The Louis Effect

Sorry, Nobuhiko. Sometimes, you have to out of your way to change the tides of battle. You may take offense to it and loathe me for eternity. I don't expect your friendship.

Nobuhiko: "That was uncalled for! But, as Takuma-san once said, I must fight until the very end!"

21973048508_f4e7b399fb_c.jpg

Good job for you to recover. But too bad I'll only let it this far. Calm down and watch me.

21973983009_e1d78390c2_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Impressive car control! I don't see any mistake in his line."

21538071654_302e58bc42_c.jpg

If you make any attempts at overtaking me, it'll be just too risky, knowing this rain. Resign to your position! Being second is not that bad! Face defeat for once!

21973982369_3bd8f1ee0f_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "The goal is near! But he's pulling away! Can I still...?"

21539780263_18b92ea9a2_c.jpg

See? I told you. Don't bother. If the weather is dry, then chances of victory are high for you.

But hey, you're still far ahead from the third placer.

Nobuhiko: "I've overdone it. That guy... Louis Montagny..."

22134697226_2f33a82d3f_c.jpg

And Round 3 ends with Blue Streak Racing's comeback victory. Hopefully your complacency ends here, Dream Alliance.

21538070384_5621a5dc46_c.jpg

I'm back, baby. Bring it on. You can send Nobuhiko and have fun all over again, in the next round, that is.

You're always making me duke out whatever I have. That's one type of adversary I'm always looking for.

Takuma: "We're being floored... again."

Rob: "Nobu became Louis' next victim. Heh."

Time: 8 pm, the next day

After office, Takanori, Nobuhiko and Nobuyuki meet up with Takuma and Rob at the usual yakiniku restaurant where they used to eat dinner out after work. Rain is not as much heavy compared to yesterday, so they were able to make it.

Then they are waiting for their meat to cook. Nobuhiko is obviously disappointed with what happened yesterday.

Takuma: "Cheer up. As if you finished dead last yesterday. We can still get ahead, there are two rounds for us to make up for it."

Nobuhiko: "This kind of defeat, is quite different from the previous one. I've been defeated, I know, but this one... it felt that he rubbed it on me. I feel devastated. There, that's the exact one."

Rob: "You're not alone. I've dug up a lot about him, and all of his opponents he defeated, including me, feel the same devastation, like you're being crushed to the core. It's like you'll never be able to grow. It's like a curse, but it isn't."

Takuma: "Yeah, you won Le Mans. So you broke the spell."

Rob: "I call it the "Louis Effect". There's this crushing feeling of defeat that makes you feel doubt, and hinders your growth. But it's really simple to break that spell."

Nobuhiko: "What should I do, then? Clearly you're the only one who did it so far."

Rob: "It's simple, really. Keep that pride burning. Keep on fighting. Keep it in mind that you are among the fastest in the team. Don't go down without a fight."

Takuma: "You're right. But I do want to take on Louis at the 4th round. I will be the one restoring that lost pride. I feel that I can't just let this pass by! I just can't. Sure, we respect him, but I can't allow our team to just bow down to him. That's how I will break that spell.

He has yet to encounter the Black Dragon..."

Rob: "You and your mythical creatures again. How creative of you, sweetheart."

Time: 3 pm, the next day

That victory gave me more than enough push to crush Dream Alliance in their very own territory. My conquest to domination officially started from that day on.

Quite a lovely afternoon, and the sun is briefly back. To take advantage of it, I plan to treat my teammates for a snack at the mochi shop.

It doesn't matter if it's owned by the Dream Alliance's Kanonji Twins...

Dmitri: "I've been in this country multiple times, and yet this is the first time I've encountered mochi."

Nina: "Dmitri, mochi is a popular confectionery here in Japan. It's basically a glutinous rice cake with fillings."

Stephan: "Better eat as much of them while you can. After Super GT, we will head to the USA. I have confirmed our participation to various races there. I've signed sponsorship deals yesterday."

Oh really? That's too bad, I'm loving Japan. But if I want to challenge the world's fastest drivers, then I have to move around.

While sir Stephan further explains the details, I see Takuma getting inside. Obviously, he looks very much like Takanori, but with a tough guy demeanor. Look at his face, cool and serious unlike his cheerful twin.

Oh... he managed to notice me, and approaches us with a smile.

Takuma: "I'm glad you're enjoying mochi."

And oddly enough, Takuma's English has a strong British accent, unlike Takanori's American accent English.

Louis: "It's delicious."

Dmitri: "Takuma? Oh, you've grown your hair again?"

Takuma: "It's been a while, Dmitri. Yeah, I did grow my hair, but not by much. So, you belong to Blue Streak Racing now, huh?"

Dmitri: "Indeed. I have to get out of my slump. Russia isn't that fun when it comes to racing."

Takuma: "And back to you, Louis."

He's coming on to me. I can feel tension building up. You think you can intimidate me? You have yet know me.

Takuma: "Such an amazing display of talent. I commend you, for catching Nobuhiko off guard. Do you have an idea what kind of reputation he has here?"

So you're going to spew out once again how much feared Nobuhiko is in here? I'd very much like to hear about that.

Takuma: "You may have beaten him, in Motegi. But on the final round, in Suzuka... I will tell you something that will terrify you to the very core."

Go ahead, scare me.

Takuma: "The tables will turn on the final round. No one can touch him in Suzuka. You played him in Motegi, but let's see if you are to catch on his game in Suzuka. Good luck."

I'm expecting that. Be a man of your word, Takuma. I know you as well. You have also struck fear to everyone you've crossed paths with.

Takuma: "Oh, by the way, expect to trifle with me in the next round. Don't hold back, because I want to see all of your potential. Don't worry though, I'll also put on a good show for you."

Soon, I'll wipe that grin off your face. I'm not gonna fall prey like what happened to the others you've clashed with.

Louis: "Heh. All right, then. I'm expecting that. Bonne chance!"

Takuma Kanonji.

Looks like my conquest has gotten a lot more exciting, as I attract more and more potential drivers for me clash with. The racing world is now having its eyes on me.

Perfect.

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Looks like we won't be seeing the last of Louis yet (Of course, he's now the new antihero). I have confirmed his appearance in the next arc.

- And it seems that Louis has found a new worthy adversary. It could be as tense as his rivalry with Rob. :sly:

Page 5: Next Big Step

Time: 10 am, the next day

Today's another rest day. Whew... after all that hard work winning from that rain race in Motegi.

Not much of a "rest" day though, as I spent the entire morning cleaning Toru's house. While I may exude a rough side, I humble myself from time to time, as I never forgot my simple roots. So cleaning the house is not a big deal for me.

Yesterday though... yeah... I just finally met THE Takuma Kanonji, the racer everyone is either hyped or feared at. To me though...

...he's still an ordinary human being, just like you and me. Why the heck am I going to cower in his presence? Is it because of his intimidating stare, or his navy blue hair? Or is it perhaps that was the result of my exploits to his team? Whatever the case, I see him as a mere total stranger, and not a god.

The others must have abolished that fear, and instead drive at their very best. Make them aware of his skill, but not to the point of fearing him.

Anyhow, forget about him for now. I'll deal with him someday.

Then, I got briefed by sir Stephan, about the course for the next round. Fuji Speedway in Shizuoka. Unlike the previous ones, the track is thankfully nearby. It would take around 2 hours to get there. I'm not too fond of long trips, especially when it's just running on cruising speeds. Maybe because I got too used on TGV's speeds.

Nina: "I will brief you on Fuji Speedway."

Louis: "What about it? I heard it's a popular track in the country."

Nina: "Indeed. Because of its proximity around Tokyo, and as well as its high speed nature, it's a track suited for enthusiasts from all corners. Although Tsukuba Circuit has a cheaper entrance fee, and is just as accessible, the slipstream battles are always a treat for the audience, especially in FIA WEC or Super GT."

Louis: "Drafting behind your opponent can be an exciting moment, for both the driver and the audience."

Nina: "Tomorrow is the practice session. That's the only day we're given to do so."

Louis: "I see."

Nina: "I'll send a photo of the track's layout to your smartphone."

Time: 11 am, the next day

Quite a perfect weather for practice. And having seen the layout, it is indeed a high speed course. There are lots of places where you can make your move.

22217726065_77f6795509_c.jpg

It's also said to have the longest main straight in the world. They're not wrong.

22029669410_dc7cb034de_c.jpg

But if I'm gonna trifle with Takuma here, then I believe a much more exciting track is in order.

22228092071_31081231c9_c.jpg

It's too easy to pick up, and there's plenty of room for opportunities. I can pop up behind him anytime I wish to.

22191634936_b5399a9103_c.jpg

Mt. Fuji... what a mountain. It's truly a spectacle that you should never miss. A trip in Japan would never be complete without seeing it.

Arrived home, but I feel none of the energy. Perhaps there will be one, if the race happens. Imagine yourself leading in that track with your opponents far ahead. That would be entirely boring.

Hence those "slipstream battles" are the only source of entertainment there. Circuit de La Sarthe is even more exciting.

I don't want to think much about it. As long as I keep my cool and drive like I always do, then things would go smoothly.

On the way home, we bought take out food again. I'm against those things, knowing its health risks, but since it's easier to get them, and the fact that we got authentic Japanese food, it should be legit.

Dmitri: "Japanese love these pickles."

Louis: "And deep fried... tempura."

Stephan: "We gotta admit though, these are delicious."

Nina: "The Bento is always filled with various types of viands."

Louis: "And yet the Japanese are very healthy."

Stephan: "Oh, by the way, I got a call from the headquarters. We finally have a race car for our races in America."

America? I wonder if I can pay Redview a visit? Hopefully side trips are allowed, even if it's in Canada.

Dmitri: "What are we going to drive, then?"

Stephan: "Haven't you seen our PR car? We've converted it into a racer."

22217725215_442407d62b_c.jpg

Stephan: "It's now sitting in our garage in Paris. Once this championship is over, we will return there to briefly test the car before heading to America."

So we are serious on our USA conquest. If that would help me achieve my goal, then why not? After all, I intend the entire racing world to recognize me. However...

Louis: "That's all good. But I don't want to focus on that one. first I say, let's pay our attention here until this season is over. Dream Alliance can pull up another surprise."

Stephan: "Of course. In fact, we are now leading. I intend to keep it that way."

Louis: "Oh I will, and rub it onto Rob's face."

Nina: "Takuma-san has recently announced in his blog that he will race for the 4th round."

Louis: "Then I'll also do that to Takuma. I have to show him that I fear no one. Dream Alliance's winning streak has been tarnished ever since I joined in the picture. They're now losing their heads as to what they must do."

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Riding With The Wind

Time: 4 pm, 4th Round of Super GT

Fourth round, and I'm squaring off with Takuma Kanonji at the final moments of the race. Nothing monumental really happened in the beginning, so... I'll skip on that.

wind.jpg

Nina: "LOUIS! Takuma-san just exited from the pit lane. He just changed the brakes!"

Louis: "Roger that."

A slight mechanical glitch from the Dream Alliance side helped me a lot. I thought I was a goner.

wind_1.jpg

If I win this, then our championship title will be ours, even if we place 2nd in the final round. This round is crucial!

Could this be the reason why Takuma volunteered for this, to counter our plans?

wind_2.jpg

Whatever the case, I allow no one to stand in my way of my goals.

wind_3.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Blue Streak Racing pit garage:

Stephan: "Takuma Kanonji joining in the Super GT party? As far as I know, he isn't the type to join Japanese races."

Dmitri: "Simply because he looks for greater challenges. You know what? Takuma and Louis have something in common. Both lust for adventure."

wind_4.jpg

Dmitri: "And both have unstoppable wills."

Main straight, the scene of excitement, the main attraction for the audience. Takuma and I could just be making another history in the books here.

wind_5.jpg

The straight's length provides multiple opportunities for overtaking. Even if you are passed, you can take back what's yours here.

wind_6.jpg

Just get behind the opponent and ride in his air...

Takuma: "Long straights are not only boring, but also your glory can be taken away easily by a mere slipstream!"

wind_7.jpg

2nd to the last lap....

At the Dream Alliance pit garage:

Rob: "Honestly, Takuma could have picked the right time to test Louis. If we screw up here, we're like giving way for Louis for the championship title."

Nobuhiko: "I don't mind. I still have my full trust on him, even if he just got to know the car."

Hiroyuki: "Sigh... I guess my old age does hinder our chances of victory."

Takanori: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Hiroyuki: "I made another miscalculation here. Clearly, our car makes tons of downforce, thanks in part of that giant rear wing"

Takanori: "But you're making it sound that it's a double-edged sword."

Hiroyuki: "You're correct on that. Because that large rear wing creates so much drag, that it allows for a greater slipstream effect. That's why even though we have an acceleration advantage, the FT-1 is making itself a perfect victim of drafting from opponents. When I raced here before, that wing also created huge amounts of drag, which makes achieving top speeds difficult, making that car easy to draft behind."

wind_8.jpg

Hiroyuki: "That's why Fuji Speedway favors cars with less drag. If you are gunning for a top speed run at the straight, you'd run with a low downforce setup, and that also helps if you want to distance yourself from the opponents."

wind_9.jpg

Takuma: "Dammit! I overspeed at the hairpin. Stop sliding! That GT-R is taking advantage of my opening!"

But then the lead got short-lived. You're really pushing it, Takuma. Heh. People like you are fun to deal with.

wind_10.jpg

Final lap. I guess I have to rely on drafting alone, eh? Quite a cheap way to win, honestly.

wind_11.jpg

Let's just see who will break first...

Background Music

Takuma: "This is too intense. My lines got messed up because of his pressuring tactics. No wonder Rob tips his hat off to you.

I partly blame the FT-1's excessive rear downforce, though..."

wind_12.jpg

Shoot! He got me again! Dammit, just as I thought I'll bag the win again...

wind_13.jpg

Home stretch! GREAT! I am still stuck behind his tail! All right, time to ride my way to victory!

wind_14.jpg

Who would have thought that I'd resort to something like this? I guess you have throw stylish or flashy moves out of the window if you desire victory.

BECAUSE WINNING IS WINNING!

wind_15.jpg

Takuma: "Crap! He rode in my draft, and he's gaining!"

Sorry to spoil your glory again, Dream Alliance. This straight is just far too long...

wind_16.jpg

A close finish for the 4th round! The championship is ours!

Takuma: "This is embarrassing... I brought down the team's chances of the overall win... completely. But that doesn't mean I'm done with you, Louis. Super GT isn't the only thing confining us in the racing world.

You are my next target. Definitely!"

wind_17.jpg

Takanori: "Rats! Just as we thought we will have a fighting chance at the next round..."

Rob: "Absolutely a lovely day today. Perhaps we should just focus in our American conquest now, eh?"

Nobuhiko is seen clenching his fists.

Nobuhiko: "This is the first time... our team lost Super GT. This feeling of crushing defeat once again, still lingers."

Hiroyuki: "Everyone just calm down. This isn't the end of our career. Let's just change our objective here for one last time.

Nobuhiko...

All it takes, is just one race, to prove your true worth to Louis. Show to him that you are to be taken seriously."

Nobuhiko: "Understood. I'll make him pay in Suzuka. He just has to make sure that he can play my game properly."

The championship title is mine. I've just cleared one step on my way to domination.

But still, there is one round left. I'm not gonna sit back and relax just yet. I'm giving you one final chance to prove yourself...

...Nobuhiko.

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Louis, prepare for a rough ride in Suzuka. You'd definitely need to take the final round seriously. You are right, all it takes is just one race for Nobuhiko to prove that he's a forced to be reckoned with in Dream Alliance.

- All duels of this arc are done. Thank you to those who gave their time to volunteer for the duels.

- Tomorrow, I'll post the title photo for the next arc.

- The next arc is also split into two parts. Expect track replicas as well, such as Road America.

Page 7: Home Course

Time: 4 pm, the next day

In a hot and hostile expanse that separates California from Nevada, there are roads that provide exciting venues for speed fanatics out there.

One such fanatic is none other than Andy Midfield...

suzuka.jpg

Andy still performs shakedown tests to his newly-restored Chaparral 2D. He intends to use it in classic car races coming soon, with backing from Dream Alliance, no less.

Meanwhile, Melissa is standing at a long straight, holding a stopwatch. Turns out that Andy is setting a time record on what reveals to be his home turf...

suzuka_1.jpg

While underpowered by today's racing car standards, the lightweight frame along with aerodynamic body allows it to take the turns at 120 miles per hour.

suzuka_2.jpg

Then upon entering the S-turns, it makes a high-speed slalom at 140 miles per hour, without any hint of loss in stability.

suzuka_3.jpg

Traversing through the home stretch, Andy puts his foot down, pedal to the metal.

suzuka_4.jpg

The 2D crosses the line at 170 miles per hour. Melissa records a lap time of 2 minutes and 43 seconds. Though she doesn't put up an enthusiastic mood upon looking at the time.

Melissa: "Not enough..."

Andy meets up with her, shutting off the engine and managing to get out of the rather cramped interior.

Andy: "How was it?"

Melissa: "2:43. Though I gotta say, it's not enough."

Andy displays a concerned look.

Andy: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Melissa: "I think I forgot to tell you. Some racers here have been gathering more and more lately. And they're all gunning for the fastest time here. Of course, there have been increasing racing action too."

Andy: "What are you talking about?"

Melissa: "According to some others here, they saw a bald British guy driving a small blue track day-ish racer sporting British license plates. It's rumored to have set a time of 2 minutes and 40 seconds. "

suzuka_5.jpg

Upon hearing that rumor, Andy crosses his arms, looking at his right as brief gust of wind blows by. The description then makes him grin.

Andy: "Heh. I see."

Melissa: "What are you smiling about?"

Andy: "I know what's going on. It has something to do with me. 3 seconds can easily be eclipsed."

Melissa rolls her eyes as a show of slight sarcasm.

Melissa: "Yeah, if we're talking about something as long as the Nurburgring. But you, out of all people, should know that this road is a small stretch, and 3 seconds is tough to deal with. Because of that record, the presence of street racers is getting larger."

Andy: "As much as I'd want to go back to the streets, my team needs me, and so do the race tracks. I can't afford to fool around like before."

Melissa: "That's right. And if you want to shave 3 seconds off, you've got a lot of practicing to do. Time to get focused, who knows it can be helpful for the track as well."

Andy: "And I've got Ravenwest to take care of."

Melissa: "Wow, you sure do think big now. Ravenwest is currently a dominating force in American motorsports."

Andy: "I know, and some of them are ex-street racers..."

Time: 10 am

All right, we've secured the championship title. As long as we finish and gain points in the final round, then it's truly ours.

But that doesn't mean we're going to throw a party. The real party is yet to come...

Last night, we boarded the famous Bullet Train on our way to Mie Prefecture, where Suzuka Circuit is located. We then checked-in at a hotel nearby. The prefecture is a typical rural town, but I didn't get to explore much since we arrived at midnight.

This morning, it's time for practice. However, once again we've met with rain. Though Nina assures us that the rain will be brief, and the race day will have a perfectly fine weather.

For the initial setup, we've settled with Intermediate tires. I'm not gonna run at full pace for now, anyway.

suzuka_6.jpg

I was then told that this particular track is Nobuhiko Hiramoto's home course. Epic confrontations have taken place here, all thanks to him.

So Takuma's previous statement about his teammate is starting to hold water.

suzuka_7.jpg

Judging by the corners, the track is not to be taken lightly, even on dry conditions.

suzuka_8.jpg

I don't care if it's your playground, but I'll play along if you want to. Hopefully I get to see your true potential, and close the season with an epic duel.

I'm waiting.

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I shall now present to you the title for the next arc:

roadtoamerica.jpg

Step into the sacred Hiramoto Speed Shrine, and be prepared face the true terror of Nobuhiko.

Page 8 - A Casual Talk

talk.jpg

I still get to know more of Suzuka. If I am going to prevail here, ten laps are not enough.

The rain clearly gets the best of me.

talk_1.jpg

But... this is the last round. Hence, this will be goodbye. I'm leaving the place where I learned the true meaning of compassion, and love, all thanks to this one person that made me realize that I am a good person.

talk_2.jpg

Time sure does pass by quickly, eh? I'm about to leave this country soon, albeit without him....

talk_3.jpg

I can never find a person who sees through my faults and make me smile.

But why should I? Because... I still have one thing that reminds me of him. His heart. The one that gave me light, and provided me another reason to live.

Shoot! Why is my mind wandering? The chicane is right in front of me!

I applied the brakes, but...

talk_4.jpg

It's all too late, and the surface is slippery.

talk_5.jpg

Whew... I thought I'm gonna smash through those tire walls.

Louis: "I'm pitting in. I need a break."

Stephan: "Looks like it. You've been running nonstop."

Sigh... and here I thought I have an indomitable will. Save the farewells for later.

I have a target. I have a legend to take care of. I will take him down, right here in his home course.

Time: 5 pm

We decided to call it a day, since it will be meaningless to gather data and practice if the rain keeps on falling.

But when we arrived, the rain suddenly stopped. Oh, you're playing with me now, eh?

Since I have nothing much to do, I just grabbed my tablet. lie down and accessed the hotel Wi-Fi, just to keep me from being bored until it's time for dinner.

Then I notice my phone vibrating beside me. Who could be calling?

Heh... it's Rob again. I hope we can meet up and bicker once again. I'm quite bored with the city.

Louis: "Hello?"

Rob: "Hey, how you've been? You're in Suzuka?"

Louis: "A while ago, yes."

Rob: "I called because Nobuhiko wants to see you before you can spat with him. I will forward an SMS message containing the address of his rest house in the prefecture."

Heh... a lovely chat with another rival? Rob does it way better.

Louis: "I see. I'll be waiting for it. But what about you?"

Rob: "I'm at the airport right now. Some sort of emergency. I'm heading back to London because my wife confined herself to the hospital as she is about to give birth."

I envy you, Rob... you have a family to give your love to. And you're going to have a bundle of joy that you'll shower with love. Congratulations.

Louis: "Take care. And congratulations."

Rob: "When did you become so soft? Hmph. Thank you. Hopefully my boy won't kick me once I got hold of him. According to my wife, he's a kicker."

Louis: "Hehe."

Rob: "Well, I won't keep you for long. See you soon. I'll send the SMS."

Time: 1 pm, the next day

I informed the team that I'll be out after lunch, in order to meet Nobuhiko.

I then composed myself, as I arrived and pressed the door bell. I may have to encounter their boss inside, and I have to be in my best behavior.

But to my surprise, only Nobuhiko is inside the orderly home. The design is some sort of East-meets-West theme, which is what I observe in today's Japanese houses.

Nobuhiko: "What a surprise. I do want to meet you, but I haven't even set a time yet."

Louis: "It's okay."

Nobuhiko: "Want something to drink? Tea?"

Unlike Rob, Nobuhiko is nice and accommodating, despite what I've put him through.

Louis: "I'd like some green tea."

Nobuhiko: "Oh okay. I'll make some. Please wait."

And he's confident in speaking English now. After putting a tea bag in the hot teapot, he serves it. I'll pour some later on.

Louis: "So, why do you want to see me?"

Nobuhiko: "I want to get to know you more. Unlike my other opponents, you seem to be casual. You're not the arrogant type."

Really? That's how you think of me? I used to think I'm far from nice.

Louis: "I see. But I also think that you may carry some sort of grudge against me, after what I've put you through. Don't think badly of me. I am a driver with guts. I'll attack when there is an opening. Surely Rob must have told so much to you."

Nobuhiko: "I heard his stories. And because of that, I have to take you on seriously."

Louis: "Oh, you will. Especially that I expect an epic duel in your so-called "home course". I heard that you are an unstoppable force in Suzuka."

Nobuhiko: "That track has been an integral part of my life."

Louis: "Let me tell you one thing..."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The next page will begin with the continuation of their conversation. That will be when things start to heat up between the two. :sly:

Page 9 - One More Time

How lovely of Nobuhiko Hiramoto to actually meet up with me. He is hospitable, and calm despite the losses he's experienced all thanks to me.

Now, time to end this casual ruse, and get down to business.

Louis: "Let me tell you one thing."

Nobuhiko: "Eh???"

Time to say what I truly feel on Nobuhiko's preference on Suzuka.

Louis: "The world is vast. There are plenty of places for you to grow. You cannot just be stuck in your comfort zone. I'm even amazed how you can find time to hone your skills here, despite the fact that you live in Tokyo. I am also aware of your achievements abroad, but none of them come close to your teammates, even to Takuma."

Nobuhiko: "I can't just let Suzuka go. Yes, you are right, it is far away from Tokyo. But it has been an integral part of my life. My most important moments of life happened there too. It also made me one of my team's top drivers."

Louis: "But there's more to it than just emotional attachment. You cannot grow based solely on that. I also understand that you cannot just leave this country because of your work in a motoring magazine, but I'll tell you, you'll grow exponentially if you seek challenges elsewhere. You cannot draw your opponents to Suzuka all the time. An unknown battleground is a much better challenge, and that... will rise you to the top not just as driver, but also as a person. A sacrifice has to be made. You should now start to question yourself why aren't you recognized in the entire world, and your success is little compared to your teammates."

Nobuhiko: "It's not easy doing all of those you've said."

Louis: "I know. But let's just go back to the present first. I am giving you one more chance to prove yourself. The championship title doesn't matter to me at all. Trophies are just novelty items. The true feeling of success can already felt from within. You just have to go out there and prove your worth to me.

Bring everything you got.

No holds barred.

Just one race. Just that one, to bring your team's pride back. And that, would be a good way to start off that recognition I'm talking about."

There, I said everything. I basically told him the things I did in order for me to have this global conquest. Hopefully that will light a fire within him.

Louis: "I'm glad having met you, and seen your potential. Don't take this conversation as an insult to your part. I am simply giving you an important piece of advice. Rivals encourage each other to grow."

Nobuhiko: "Hehehehe. That last sentence. That's also the one that Takuma-san once said to me."

Nobuhiko then pours tea to our cups. He still shows an air of courtesy.

Nobuhiko: "Our drink is ready. Please enjoy."

I then take a sip. Not bad. A little bitter, but not that I need sugar.

Louis: "You are an interesting fellow. There are still lots of fascinating people out there that we have yet to meet."

Nobuhiko: "It may sound strange, but I actually thank you for having this light conversation. I will definitely learn a thing or two along the way."

Light? Hehehehehe. Far from it, boy. What I said might be straightforward, but those are important ones that you should drill to your head.

Louis: "Okay, then. So... see you on Sunday, then."

I need to leave. I've said my entire piece. Sorry, but I'm not the chatty type.

Louis: "Sorry to cut this short. But I need to go. I have to meet my team chief."

I then stand up, and then head to the area where I left my shoes. After wearing them, I wave my hand as I open the door. He didn't do the same though. Maybe I sent him thinking deeply.

Time: 4 pm, Final Round of Super GT

The final leg of the championship. I cannot rest easy even if we secured the championship title. I have to gain points in order to truly win it. But as I've mentioned before, trophies are just novelty items.

For me, this is just an epic duel between me and Nobuhiko. The rest of the race cars are just extras. He and I are the main stars!

22316476612_54d0dfd037_c.jpg

22316476292_0bac402656_c.jpg

Out of my way. Where is he?

22141439200_ffa8283719_c.jpg

I'll be bound to catch him, one way or another. Today will be different. I'll make the audience see an entirely different scenario. They will see their hero fall before me!

22142610609_9f5a239f1e_c.jpg

Nobuhiko Hiramoto isn't the only fastest in Suzuka!

22316475372_64888775c4_c.jpg

Time for the last pit stop. I'm low on fuel...

onemore_5.jpg

Louis: "I'm entering the pit. Refuel needed."

Nina: "Understood."

Seeing the Blue Streak Racing GT-R entering the pit lane as well, Hiroyuki notices his son still having a blank expression while observing the crew changing tires for the final sprint. He approaches Nobuhiko, and gives him a simple tap.

Hiroyuki: "Hey, I am not aware what transpired between you and Louis, but do not let your rival cloud your judgment. Simply show to him what you're truly capable of. I know that even if we win this round, the title would go to Louis' team. However, everyone here will see the true winner. I don't gun for the championship title anymore. Just show him the might of the GT500 Legend! It only takes just one race to bring everything back!"

The words of encouragement prompt Nobuhiko to tighten his grasp on the wheel.

Nobuhiko: "Right! Thank you, Oyaji. I've been through failures in life, but they only made me stronger. I never fell down.

I shall use this race, as a springboard. I will catch up to both Takuma-san and Rob-san!"

All right! Nobuhiko is all mine and mine alone. No other cars to interrupt our final bout.

onemore_6.jpg

onemore_7.jpg

Suzuka will see the birth of another legend. I'll make sure of it.

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- What Louis said to Nobuhiko will be the catalyst for the Three Way Battle at the Nurburgring. ;)

Last edited:
That was indeed a touching conversation, the one between Louis and Nobuhiko... Louis has opened Nobu's eyes for a broader and brighter reality, but lord only knows that those words will bring forth now.

And now for the ultimate GT500 battle, to see who is the real legend of Suzuka. Bring it on, I'll get the popcorn... ;)

Page 10 - Blue and White

It's the grand finale.

The main event.

This race will be written in the history book of racing.

France vs. Japan

Blue Streak Racing vs. Dream Alliance.

Louis Montagny vs. Nobuhiko Hiramoto.

Legend vs. Legend.

Only one will emerge victorious. The one that the world will truly fear.

22357920125_561e8992af_c.jpg

Nobuhiko... you have a truly commendable skill set. An equal to Rob, if I may put it simply.

22169890300_37d12aebba_c.jpg

Background Music

I'm not, even in the slightest, will let off my foot on the pedal. Even if it's clear that you're pulling away.

22170185548_0a8d0547ff_c.jpg

Exiting the Spoon Curve. All right, slipstream time!

22331896336_a6b99dc4a0_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "He's coming. Well then, are you ready to play?"

Nice block at the 130R. You truly know every nook and cranny of this track. However, like I told you before, you can only go this far. You have so much potential. Let the world see it!

22169889700_85c4c2acda_c.jpg

We're entering in the second to the last lap. I have to make a move now to assure definite victory!

21735150664_7c78e42512_c.jpg

22170184668_b9b54893d4_c.jpg

Takuma: "Hang in there, Nobuhiko. Still, I can't believe the I got floored by Louis easily..."

Takanori: "He's the toughest we've ever faced. To think he had defeated the three of you..."

Nobuyuki: "I believe in my little Nobu. He will prevail this. He will restore our pride, all of it, in this one race."

Hiroyuki: "I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I hate it when we always think that we have a definite advantage just because this is his home course. This sends us into complacence. Tides can change, even in a blink of an eye."

22344852862_67dff0e904_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I know the importance of a home course, but even opponents can break through it, and can even use it against us. Some wars in history ended up like that."

You're not gonna give an opening?

22357918045_d0077591a7_c.jpg

THEN I WILL MAKE AN OPENING.

22169888160_9c938b2942_c.jpg

I know your car's weakness from the very beginning. It doesn't like tight turns such as hairpins!

22344851872_f62cc9fa15_c.jpg

You cannot block me, as that understeer will hinder you. I will force an opening!

Nobuhiko: "He's using this FT-1's understeer to push me out!"

22169887410_bfd31159b4_c.jpg

I'll be on my guard. After all, his car has better pulling power. He can draft behind me easily too.

22171058139_876dfe6827_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'll keep fighting, even if it's the last leg! This is my battleground, and I can control the course of our showdown here!"

He's gunning for it. Stubborn much?

22368590741_0dab5e294c_c.jpg

But I'm sorry you cannot overtake me in the 130R by the inside. You of all people should know that!

I'll use this precious race car as a wall. I don't care how many dents this car would have! Battle scars look badass!

22170182318_538aa3a546_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Dammit... he knows how to counterattack a passing attempt at 130R! I admit that was marvelous!"

This is it. We're entering the final lap. I will show no mercy from this moment on!

22169886690_b3417e231f_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Is this how you want to play it, huh? Fine. Let us really play."

22357915985_6d5246a035_c.jpg

He tapped the rear! What does it mean? Will the true showdown begin?

22368590151_14aa130ae6_c.jpg

This battle took a sudden shift. If that's the case...

THIS IS WHAT I AM TRULY LOOKING FORWARD TO! FINALLY, YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR TRUE COLORS!

22357915585_40d3bd80e4_c.jpg

LET THE REAL BATTLE BEGIN!

I, ZEPHYR, WILL ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!

End of Page 10

Battle scars look badass!

They do indeed, Monsieur Louis, unless they render the car undrivable (or you, for that matter)... :lol:

But man, this battle is getting more and more heated with each passing picture, each passing corner. It really has this "big championship-ending race" feel nailed down, and now only the conclusion is left in Louis' mad dash towards GT500 glory...

...or failure.

Last edited:
Page 11 - The True Winner

The final lap. And Nobuhiko is showing his true colors. So he has finally taken off his innocent ruse, eh?

21761666894_e9b133b89e_c.jpg

Whatever. People eventually show their true selves no matter how they carry themselves.

But that doesn't mean I'll stand back!

(Background Music: The Final Count Down - Yuzo Koushirou Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 OST)

22196704718_9eaa53f691_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Crap! He's still pressuring me! I felt that tap!"

21763339923_52edeff016_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "But go ahead. Little do you know that you are already under my spell the moment I tapped you a while ago!"

Out of my way, boy!

21761665694_008f0f1670_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Is he serious?! Is he fine with fender benders?!"

With that, that sent Nobuhiko a bit on the ditch, slowing down and I managed to get back the lead.

Nobuhiko: "Maybe he actually broke my spell, and managed to overtake me just like that. You sure have a strong will like my teammates have!"

22384425275_fbbe83d285_c.jpg

Then... he cut me off at the Spoon Curve. Heh, is this the battle of wills or what? You hold on to your pride until the end. That's what it must be.

22196703468_6a93746b1b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'm not gonna let the same thing happen to me again, ever! As long as I live, and run on this track, I shall turn the tides in my favor!"

Don't be too complacent. I'M STILL RIGHT UP YOUR ARSE!

22371297922_b45d4252a3_c.jpg

In retaliation, I also cut him off at the 130R, scraping against that precious silver bodywork.

21761664014_f3bf9688e7_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "You truly are a jerk. No wonder you and Rob-san exchange strong words! But here's my final strike!"

22358441006_4a30148976_c.jpg

Tapped my back again? No use, punk. You've ran out of chances.

Only this chicane is left standing between me and victory. Brake and...

...NO! THE BRAKES!!! THEY HAVE LOCKED UP!!!

22196701948_1cd5902e83_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "All right! See? You will fall under my spell, even if it's on the last stretch!"

22384423335_351f807b43_c.jpg

Just as I'm about to grasp a decisive win...

No use stepping on further. It's his win.

22358439806_0237472ee4_c.jpg

Heh. I was wrong about you. I now have realized something.

22371296112_c81fd11de8_c.jpg

Takanori: "ALL RIGHT!!!"

Takuma: "He actually pulled that off. But I'm not surprised if this is the result. After all, that's Nobuhiko."

Hiroyuki: "I'm more than happy with the result. We don't need the overall title. Just this one race is enough to put us back on track."

22395184181_c4a12fb231_c.jpg

I don't want to pout out any excuses. A win is a win. But you know what, I think Nobuhiko is a living symbol of hope. Why have I thought of that?

Simple. He fought until the very end, he hoped, and kept on fighting. He never gave up even though it all seemed hopeless for him.

Is this what Toru is proving to me all along? Is this why he urged me to smile despite of my condition back then? Was he telling me not give up... on life?

I have been too fatalistic, always resigning to my fate. You can defy fate after all.

I stood up on the center of the podium, as I receive the championship title. Nobuhiko is beside me, being the 2nd placer. But you know what? He should have been standing on where I am.

Yes, the points dictated so, but everyone saw who's the real winner here. I've finally witnessed a true legend in this country. No wonder Dream Alliance was so confident in sending out Nobuhiko in the entire season. Because of his rather small fame in the entire racing world, I quickly dismissed him.

He has a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully he does take my piece of advice though, because it will bring him to places he's never been. He'll learn something new. Learning is a never-ending journey.

I, too, have learned something much more valuable than a trophy, in this experience. You have my silent thanks, Nobuhiko.

I head back to my team, with a rather gloomy expression.

Stephan: "What's wrong? Don't take this loss too seriously. We still won the overall."

Louis: "I know, and I'm happy about it. But it only took one race, to change my perceptions."

Stephan: "What do you mean?"

Louis: "Nobuhiko fought until the very end. Is this how amazing our race can be? Why can't I be as positive and hopeful as he is? Because of that, I lost.

Besides, this loss was rather silly for my part. Locking up the brakes is something I've never done in my career. One could laugh at it, but if they were in my shoes, it's like they fell under some sort of spell. I got pressured by the last minute, and I got too drastic, which made me exert unnecessary force to the brakes, hence locking them up.

I don't want to delve on this further. But I think his victory is much bigger than mine. Look at how the team is celebrating. They knew the fact that they won't get the title, but they remain blissful."

After that, we packed up immediately. But just as I am heading back to the caravan, Nobuhiko comes up running to me.

Nobuhiko: "Hey!"

Louis: "Nobuhiko?"

Nobuhiko: "That was fun."

Louis: "Heh. Indeed. I enjoyed that battle. Congratulations. You're the true winner here. You've showed everyone the true characteristics of a winner. I clearly lack them. And I'll make sure that I'll pick up those missing pieces."

Nobuhiko: "Thank you."

Eh? Why did he just bow in front of me? I'm not your master... nor above you. Perhaps that's how the Japanese show their utmost gratitude.

Nobuhiko: "I learned a lot from this. I took your advice, actually. This will be the start. I will venture outside more and more. I, too, will pick up missing pieces along the way."

Louis: "Glad to hear that. Oh. I need to go now. Farewell."

Both of us wave each other goodbye. As I entered the caravan, I can only smile by the window, as the caravan starts to move.

People like him are simply amazing. The one that truly deserves my respect. I guess I now have two people to watch out for.

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Global Conquest

Time: 3 pm, two days later

The Super GT season ended with the legend managing to defend his sacred territory. Ridiculous it may sound, but a win is a win. Nobuhiko truly deserves it. To me, he's the real champion.

Having seen that dedication, he showed to me that one should never give up no matter how hopeless it seems. He is the living example of hope, and what Toru truly wished to exemplify to me, when my life was hanging on a thread. Though he did sacrifice his life, he was the hope that came to me; the one that gave light to my darkness.

I will never, ever forget this experience here in Japan. While I haven't learned a thing or two about the country's norms (okay, maybe a tiny bit), I learned something much more important - how to live, and live life filled with positive energy.

The next day after the race, we cleaned up the house. And actually, Toru's immediate family called to us, and said that they will soon take ownership of the house. But they were actually thankful of taking care of Toru until his demise, and maintaining the home.

Now, we're about to leave, heading back home to France.

Before I step out the front porch, I simply turned back, and looked around the living area. Not a speck of dust lands on the furniture, and everything else is shiny.

Farewell, my little brother. You are my... otoutou. Otoutou is little brother in Japanese, according to him.

I then shed another tear, which I quickly wiped off. But why am I crying? Nor why am I saying farewell? You're still here... your heart helping mine to beat.

Nina:
"Something wrong, Monsieur?"

Louis: "Nothing... let's go."

We entered the van. Sir Stephan then asked the entire convoy to move, heading our way to the airport.

Guess we deserve a break. Our races in America won't start immediately. We have a month to rest.

Time: 8 pm

After dinner, not to mention having difficulty in feeding his newborn son named Jason, Rob cools off at the garage, thinking about the recent events that took place in his team, chief of which is Nobuhiko's victory in Suzuka.

Rob: "That little sprite bagged a victory, in Suzuka, no less. I expected that. But it isn't the typical victory just because it's his turf. I saw the battle on television too. Nobuhiko and Louis fought until the very end.

Louis Montagny... you are one hell of a beast. We simply can't stop you in ways we know how.

And now having caught wind of the news of your participation in the races in America, it's time for us to play again."

He crosses his arms, looking squarely at the recently-restored green McLaren F1 GTR.

22219201730_ea061a838d_c.jpg

Rob: "If we are going to use the world as our playground, then so be it."

Meanwhile, at Takuma's home just at the other side of London, Takuma has just arrived from the airport, obviously looking weary from the long flight.

His wife attends to him, and puts down his luggage.

Kokoro: "You do hate long flights."

Takuma: "But hey, BA offers nice first class seats. I can sleep on them."

Kokoro: "Oh, I have something that will wake you up."

Takuma: "What is it?"

Kokoro: "But first, I'll cover your eyes."

Takuma: "Wha...?"

The two stand up, with the wife covering her husband's eyes leading him to the garage. After a slow guide, they finally stopped in front of this...

22220357129_e7307904dd_c.jpg

She then takes off her hands on Takuma's eyes. The latter then gasped, a rare reaction coming from him.

Takuma: "That's..."

Kokoro: "Your Furai? Yep!"

Takuma: "Furai? What are you talking about? That was "Furaied" several months ago!"

Kokoro: "Why don't you contact Kaido-san, then? He delivered it here. He just told me that I must tell you to call him for concerns."

To clear up his doubts, Takuma hastingly reaches for his phone.

Takuma: "Oh I will!"

A few seconds of ringing has passed, and Kaido - who has returned to Tokyo - answers the phone even if it's already crack of dawn there.

Kaido: "Hello... and.... good morning. Nice of you to call at 5 am."

Takuma: "I don't care. Have you gone crazy?"

Kaido: "Tuners are crazy. You should know that very well."

Takuma: "You delivered this dark purple, low-slung Mazda to my home without me knowing about it. And is it really my Furai?"

Kaido: "Idiot. Looks like you're too sleepy from the jet lag. Don't you believe your beloved wife?"

Takuma: "Of course I do. But this was uncalled for."

Kaido: "The only trace from the Furai you can probably notice, is the front end. Yes, I managed to salvage that front end, and crafted a new front structure that goes around with it. The rear subframe is entirely new, along with the engine, of course."

Takuma: "And it's a 4-rotor, am I right? I bet you're the one who outran me before."

Kaido: "Clever. You do know your Rotaries. The sound was obviously a giveaway for you. I did enjoy that skirmish though."

Takuma: "How much am I going to shell out?"

Kaido: "Hehehehehehehe.... I'm about to call you on that. But since I revived that Rotary rocket on my volition, consider it free."

Takuma: "You're still asleep, you idiot. I will pay for your effort."

Kaido: "If you insist. The only payment you can do, is if you can extract its full potential. You are the Rotary Meister, am I right? Surely, you'll find this a walk in the park."

Takuma: "Don't go cryptic on me again, old man."

Kaido: "Sorry, I'm going to cut off this conversation. I have a lot of customer cars to work on. Thanks for the call though, as I need a proper alarm. Toodaloo!"

Takuma: "Wait, I--!"

The call was cut off. Takuma has just gotten more mystified by the menacing stance of the revived racer...

Takuma: "Looks like I'm going to find this out all by myself. It's going to be tough..."

Time: 12 pm, the next day

I finally got the key of this heavily modified version of our PR car. I can't believe that we have the money to do that modification.

Since it's been converted into a race car, it's not just a simple turning in the key and start off kind of thing. Race cars have so many buttons that need to be pressed in the correct order, for them to start properly.

Sir Stephan briefed me about the car, of course. One major modification is the engine swap. Apparently, it's now a smaller displacement, twin turbo V8.

When I floored it as I exited the pit lane, I can tell that the turbos do their job well. That surge of torque is something I haven't felt in this car before.

Ending Music - Pompeii by Bastille (Original Version)

22418017081_907529a9cc_c.jpg

However, the boost has been toned down in order to comply with the regulations, so it still makes the same amount of horsepower as before. But at least I have a lot more torque to play with.

22220356649_f801a82212_c.jpg

Impressive downforce. I can simply floor it in these bends.

I don't want to go too technical here, as I have yet to fully discover this car...

...as much as I have yet to conquer the world. With important lessons learned, I can proceed with this global conquest with no doubts.

22220356529_9c875aba15_c.jpg

With my life given a second chance, I shall not stop grasping the wheel and step on the pedals.

22394010072_90e80b46bb_c.jpg

I will continue to live, making the most out of this new path.

21784452864_c09644cc59_c.jpg

My global conquest begins now.
The racing world must watch out for me...
THE STORM IS YET TO BEGIN.

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- There. That's it. The trilogy of this fanfic's official anti-hero has officially ended. But that doesn't mean he won't get any more action, since he's part of the main cast. Expect him to clash more with the Dream Alliance in the future arcs.

ROAD TO AMERICA

roadtoamerica.jpg

A two-part arc that tells the tale of Dream Alliance's conquest to America, which will resume despite their recent string of losses they experienced. Will they be able to gain the admiration that was lost?

PART 1 - Andy Midfield

For the first part, Andy Midfield gets out of his slump and race for real.

But he simply can't leave his street racing days behind him, having learned so much from those experiences.

An old friend will show up, aiming to take that conquest to a higher level...

Page 1: Stronghold

Steps can be heard along the empty garage. Most employees have gone to their homes. But a few intended to stay as a meeting is taking place.

The said person walking on his way to the meeting area is stunned by what he encountered.

stronghold.jpg

The man, in his mid-20s, with short wavy blond hair, standing on close to 6 feet, is an American named Ridley Hepburn.

And then he stumbled upon a menacing Audi R18 TDI, clad in bare carbon fiber.

stronghold_1.jpg

Ridley: "They sure do keep those cars shiny. They are willing to spend so much for them."

Still remembering the directions the secretary told him, he carries on to his way to the meeting room.

Entering the meeting room, he sees only two racers - Faisal Mahmoud and Francois Montagny - waiting for him.

Faisal: "Are you the new driver?"

Ridley: "Yes."

Faisal: "Good timing. Our new manager just took a bathroom break."

Ridley: "New manager?"

Francois: "The former one retired recently. Hopefully this new one knows how the team works."

Faisal: "Stop doubting him. In fact, everyone is just as motivated."

Ridley sits down, staring at his new teammates. A minute later, the door opens, who turns out to be Ryuji Hiramoto who takes the role of leading the team to success. Having noticed the new driver, he immediately calls for his attention.

Ryuji: "Ah, are you the new racer?"

Ridley: "Yes."

Ridley stands up, and bows in front, knowing Ryuji's nationality...

Ryuji: "No need for that. You're not Japanese. I just need your utmost dedication. I intend to satisfy your former manager.

Ridley: "Oh... sorry."

Ryuji: "Let us maintain our reputation here in North America. Much like how kingdoms defended themselves in the Middle Ages, we must defend this stronghold that you guys have spend blood, sweat, and tears to build and defend it. Eventually, we have to move about and let the world recognize us. I have noticed that you are more active here than in the other parts of the world.

And... I have a personal agenda as well. But let us simply work together in order to fulfill our own goals together.

For the first order of business, we will take part in a classic car racing series. Honestly, I am impressed how this team manages its funds. I won't make any changes for that, as that's a proven strategy. So we will still use the car that your former manager prepared for this upcoming venture."

stronghold_2.jpg

Ryuji: "So basically, only the manager has changed, not the strategies nor the cars."

Francois: "Glad to make that clear for us."

Ryuji: "On to a more serious matter. Dream Alliance also joins the party. Let us stop their conquest, and take advantage of their recent defeats."

Francois: "I don't care about them. I have a more pressing issue to one of Blue Streak Racing's racers. My cousin, no less."

Faisal: "Dream Alliance is to be taken seriously. They're not perfect, but they are still feared. Surprisingly, they have legions of fans in America."

Ryuji: "I'm aware of that. Because of them, this party will be so much fun, now that I am pulling the strings of this team.

Hehehehehe... bring it on, Dream Alliance. What will you do next, Hiroyuki?"

Time: 8 am, the next day

Hello there! I'm back! Did you miss me? Sorry if I let Louis take the chair and do the storytelling... all about himself.

That Louis guy, he has yet to see me at my best. Don't he dare dismiss me, because I will be the next who shall be stopping his winning streak.

If Rob and Nobuhiko can do it, THEN SO DO I!

Now, I have already started off with another dilemma. What the heck has Kaido done to my Furai? It's not recognizable at all! It may have the Furai's front end, but I can't even make out of it.

So to clear my doubts away, I woke up very early and took the car out for a proper shakedown in Brands Hatch. Mind you, I borrowed one of the team's trailer truck stationed here in UK to load up the car and drove it myself. I can be a truck driver too. And it's fun.

Plus, I didn't ask the mechanical team to come along. It'll just be a brief, getting-to-know session with the car...

stronghold_3.jpg

That sound... it's a 4-rotor all right. It sounds almost the same as the 787B. It will always be a music to my ears now that I'll get to drive it more often. That high-pitched tone with a bit of droning which is a characteristic among Rotary engines.

When was the last time I heard of it? Ah! The time when it popped up and outran me!

lm55outrun1.jpg

lm55outrun2.jpg

But then, my racing-spec FD makes over 600 horsepower. However, Kaido briefed me that this revived piece of art makes 450 horsepower.

Again, that old fart said it in a cryptic manner. I'm not playing your guessing game, you know?

Never mind, I'll adapt to it soon enough. Next, as I turn the wheel at the first corner, the car responds immediately, yet I don't feel any trace of wheelspin as I bury the throttle. Sure, it has racing slicks but a high-powered car should let loose for a bit.

That grip! It's like I can fully put my foot down at the turns! Is this... 4WD?

stronghold_4.jpg

Stay tuned as I drive this car more. It's starting to intrigue me...

End of Page 1:

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The title has been reverted to "Takuma Gaiden II". So it's back to Dream Alliance's conquest from this moment on.

- The next page will definitely start with Takuma's drive on the new "Black Dragon". He will soon get mystified by it... :sly:

- And how about Ryuji Hiramoto's return? Heh... Hiroyuki will once again revert to his badass side, and expect him to drive once more. :sly: Sorry about that, Hiroyuki-san.

So much for Hiroyuki's last ride if his brother has popped up again in his attempts to bring him down.

Page 2: Next Turn

Entering the first hairpin. Turn in...

myturn.jpg

Foot hard on the throttle. Still no wheelspin? I can understand that the car has tons of downforce, but a wheelspin is still imminent on low speed turns. This is 4WD indeed. Plus, the feedback I get from the front wheels is a bit vague, like a slight torque steer; and rear-wheel drive cars don't have that.

The acceleration is impressive, for something with only 450 horsepower. Next turn. Again, there's no absence of grip.

myturn_1.jpg

And then along with the heavenly roar, we blast down the back straight at 250 km/h before I hit the brakes. At 7th gear! I was also informed that the car has 8 forward gears to play with.

myturn_2.jpg

But then... the sheer grip and speed...

myturn_3.jpg

myturn_4.jpg

Wrapped in elegance, yet possessing aggression.

myturn_6.jpg

It's a symbol representing one mythical creature...

myturn_7.jpg

Could this be my next "Black Dragon"?

Time: 1 am

Meanwhile, in Andy's home in Los Angeles, Andy puts on his leather jacket and grabs the key of his Shelby Cobra Daytona. He then carries a large bag, turning out that he'll be on a long trip thanks to the racing break.

myturn_8.jpg

He starts up the Shelby, and the engine grunting sound is clearly loud. But first, he sinks briefly into his thoughts.

Andy: "Perfect timing. I need to enjoy this break. I know the Chappy need some more work, if I intend to beat Owen. But for now, I have to meet an old friend in Canada. Said to be a new member of Ravenwest. But I'll find it hard to break it to him that I will be his opponent, standing on his way."

At the middle of the silent neighborhood, the roars of this classic racer echo even from a distance. It will be a long drive to Canada.

Time: 8 am

Hiroyuki has then descended to the hotel's breakfast buffet. He has arrived in the country two days ago, in order to prepare for the upcoming races and might as well enjoy the brief break from racing.

He is about to enjoy a platter of toast and butter, when Nigel interrupts his breakfast.

Nigel: "Good morning. And sorry to interrupt."

Hiroyuki: "It's okay. But I'm surprised that I woke up earlier than you this time."

Nigel: "That's because I started to charge up at around 11 pm last night, since I talked to Andy Midfield."

Hiroyuki: "Andy? What did he say?"

Nigel: "He informed that he will be in Canada for a brief time being. But he assured that he'll be back just in time for the season."

Hiroyuki: "I see. He deserves a holiday as much as we do. How about the others? Are Takuma and Rob on their way?"

Nigel: "I have detected their phone signals. They have yet to leave UK."

Hiroyuki: "Follow up on that. Tell them that they must come here as soon as possible. I need them in order to support both Andy and Owen."

Nigel: "Understood. Sending E-mail messages to concerned racers."

Hiroyuki: "Sigh... looks like I'm going to lift a muscle again."

Nigel: "Why, sir?"

Hiroyuki: "Turns out that my competitive little brother took the role as Ravenwest Racing's manager. Well, I gotta give him credit for moving up, since he is indeed a good one at that, since the previous teams he managed have strong records too. But I'm sure he's out there to get me. It's all part of his rather "big" plan to defeat me once and for all.

But I shall deal with my own problem later on. What's more important is Andy's growth. We have to raise him up. I am just concerned that he has done nothing at all recently.

I'll groom him into a fine racer. I will nurture his skills, and encourage him. I don't want anyone to be in a slump. This time around, it will be his turn. He has yet to know that he has a very bright future ahead of him."

Time: 5 pm

At the north, the tranquil shatters, as a certain presence makes a return...

myturn_9.jpg

myturn_10.jpg

It seems that Redview County will go back into its olden days, when street racing became much more rampant.

myturn_11.jpg

myturn_12.jpg

Louis: "It's been a while, Redview. How about I take a trip down the memory lane, eh? I can never deny the fact this place also became part of my growth."

End of Page 2

myturn_12moo.jpg

Page 3 - Ridley's Excitement

Time: 5 pm, the next day

Street racing has became less in Redview County, even with Louis' recent return. But the nature of the roads doesn't stop a few to keep on running.

Despite the cool, and cloudy weather, Ridley takes out his restored first generation Chevrolet Corvette.

reunion.jpg

Ridley is a huge fan of classic American muscle, but unlike the others who'd be willing to spend so much time and effort to restore them into their original splendor, he goes down the path of "Restomod", a current trend in classic car ownership.

reunion_1.jpg

The sound of the LS7 crate motor can clearly be heard among the mountain pass at the car zooms past Redview's twists.

reunion_2.jpg

In the midst of enjoyment, a phone call interrupts.

Ridley: "Eh?"

It turns out to be his old friend Andy, who just arrived.

reunion_3.jpg

Andy: "I'm in Redview now. You'd better keep me awake."

Ridley: "Hey Andy! Nice of you to actually come. Don't worry, let's meet at a coffee shop. I'm just running for a bit."

Andy: "I'm hearing a nice V8 grumble."

Ridley: "You'll be pleasantly surprised."

Half an hour later, the two meet up in the city center, just nearby the border of neighboring Quebec. Andy looks obviously tired from driving.

Ridley: "Don't worry, drinks are on me."

Andy: "It's been a long time, Ridley. And I must say, you have a nice Restomod there."

Ridley: "So sad to see a few Survivors nor legit restored ones out there, though. Most C1 'Vettes are Restomods too."

Andy: "That Shelby of mine is legit. Authentic engine, but with Hurst 5-speed. The rest are original parts, though."

Ridley: "I am always an avid follower of your work. Too bad though, I won't be able to visit your shop often. Because, you know, I'm a race car driver now."

Andy: "I see. But I don't feel bad, either. Because my shop is yet to be completed. I heard you just got in Ravenwest Racing. Congrats."

Ridley: "Thanks. Knowing their stringent application process, I thought I'd never make the cut. Whew."

Andy: "Why wouldn't you? You have the skill."

Ridley: "They're not just going to take in someone with a street racing background, nor someone with a few wins here and there. Up to this day, I still can't get over it."

Andy: "Well, there's something I must tell you too. I'm a race car driver too."

Ridley: "That's great to hear! Which team you're working for?"

Andy: "Dream Alliance."

For a moment, Ridley composes himself. He simply could not follow up a reply after hearing that answer.

Andy: "Why the silence?"

Ridley shows a smile, and a brief giggle follows.

Ridley: "Hehehehehe... looks like we're going to see each other more often. It's quite exciting."

Andy: "Hey, it's been a long time after all. We have to make up for that, at the close confines of the track, that is."

Ridley: "But this time around, as opponents."

Time: 9 pm

Meanwhile, Kokoro has just finished doing the dishes. Her husband isn't home for dinner for at least once a week, for various reasons such as meeting with Rob or other team-related matters.

Just to make sure that everything is in order before she can call it a night, she goes to the garage and make sure the tools are complete.

Looking at her husband's cars, she then focuses her attention to the LM55. Since she was a former race car driver, she inspects the entire car to see if everything is fit.

reunion_4.jpg

Kokoro: "Even I find that thing enigmatic. Kaido-san said everything in mystery."

KAIDO: "Your husband knows a thing or two about Rotary engines. Probably more so than me. He'll just realize that there's more to that engine. And that in its current state, it's a sleeping black dragon. Only Takuma's knowledge can awaken it."

Kokoro: "That car emits a strong presence for sure. But why is it "sleeping"? What is Kaido-san implying?"

She can't help but feel baffled...

Before Rob and I can leave two days after, it's time for us to get fit, even if we're only tasked for supporting roles.

After an hour of work out, the two of us rented a room, with gym mats and boxing gloves on the side. You know what this means.

Rob, however, just passed by those gloves. Why? Want to go all-out?

Rob: "You know the drill."

Takuma: "Heh. Absolutely."

Rob: "You know, I plan on having a little spat with Louis again once we reach America. That's why I'm going to bring the McLaren to our trip."

Takuma: "Looks like we have the same goal."

Rob: "Hiroyuki-san approved of it. But it'll have to wait since we have a classic muscle car race to take care of first."

Rob claims that he doesn't "own" the F1 GTR. Rather, he said that it's a team property, and everyone can use it. He still can't get over the day that he received that for free from Hiroyuki-san.

Takuma: "Got it."

Rob: "Last man standing will have Louis."

There he is, once again assuming that Bruce Lee-esque fighting stance. Rob knows multiple Kung Fu styles, including Wing Chun that I recently taught to him. But he's more inclined to Jeet Kune-Do lately. That style is arguably the quickest and most aggressive.

Fine, I'll once again employ the defensive style of Wing Chun first. He'll definitely read my moves. This is going to hurt.

Takuma: "Ready... Deckard?"

End of Page 3

Last edited:
Page 4: Hunted

This is not going to be a simple sparring match. I knew it. I'll definitely go home with bruises.

But that doesn't mean I'll go down without a fight! Remember, I'm a fighter.

And there he goes, starting off with quick jabs. Think you can land a hit on me, Deckard? Remember, Wing Chun is primarily a defensive art!

Piece of cake, I simply block all of them using my arms to parry his noticeably quicker punches. Then, when he follows up a roundhouse kick, that's when I'll strike back! Kicks are easier to parry in Wing Chun, since legs are heavier than arms which make them slightly slower to strike than a punch.

And so, I easily trapped his leg, and then I used my right leg to kick him away. I thought you know Wing Chun too, eh?

Rob: "Finally, landed a hit on me!"

Not enough, baldy!

I quickly switched to Bajiquan, a branch of Kung Fu known for its explosive elbow and shoulder strikes. Short-range, but results in high damage.

Another punch parried, and then I give him a taste of explosive elbow strike, on his abdomen. He got pushed back by force, but immediately regains his balance. Wow, he's really aiming for Louis.

But then... I think the tables have turned. He switches to Savate. While not a Kung Fu art, it's definitely a sight to behold. It's among his favorite disciplines, he noted.

He's fast! Whew, I jumped away from his quick low sweep. His next attack is a jumping roundhouse. Though I have blocked it with my two hands, the sheer force of that kick is strong enough to lose my balance and created an opening.

Rob is to punch me, but I reflexively used my palm to block it since I was still in a disadvantageous position. I jumped back, and then regained my stance.

A brief silence occurs next. Both of us stared at each other like our lives are on the line.

The next bout turned aggressive. We start off with our roundhouse kicks making contact, and so our punches. I then parried Rob's next punch, and tossed him around. But he landed on all fours and even managed to do another low sweep kick in an instant! I was hit, and I landed on my back.

That's it. Rob is not the only one getting the recognition here! I then spring back up, but I was already hyperventilating, thanks to the workouts an hour ago.

However, you know how stubborn I am. I can still fight!

Rob then gives me a stern look, and then switches to another tactic. He now employs Taekwondo, as I am familiar with his Flamingo stance. He then closes in, by skipping a bit towards me, using only his right foot as his left leg is meant for kicking. I ducked his first kick, then evaded his rising kick.

But everything became too fast. Those flurry of kicks are sending towards me! Since my reflexes are now affected, he then unleashes the jumping reverse hook kick, his left leg crashing on to my face, in brute force.

I was knocked out. Stone cold.

Hah... hah... hah... owwww...

Rob: "You all right?"

Why ask that? You can clearly see it! My back hurts. I think this will last for days. Fine, deal with Louis first.

Then I'll learn something from it.

Time: 10 am, the next day

The old friends meet up once again, thanks to Ridley's desire to ride shotgun in the legendary Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.

Ridley could not hide his excitement upon sitting at the passenger seat. But a stretch of mountain road lies ahead of them.

Andy: "Hey, I can run this one if you want. As long as you're going to give me some pointers. I'm new here."

Ridley: "No problem, bro. I'm always interested in seeing how a Dream Alliance racer can roll."

Without any word to utter, Andy hits first gear and floors it. The 500 horsepower all motor V8 churns out torque.

22013926774_cbbeb144a0_c.jpg

Ridley: "Hey, this got something. How many horses?"

22448768570_1e3207df19_c.jpg

Andy: "514 horsepower. No blowers. Au naturel."

Ridley: "Heh. I think that's the only facet that hasn't changed in you. You might want to rest easy on the turns, though. Some racers ended their lives here."

22647912001_b8521e4845_c.jpg

Andy: "But hey, this is a demo run you want. I'll just be around 60% pace."

Ridley: "Stick to that if I were you."

22015541873_be812e474d_c.jpg

However, Andy just went off slightly to the recommended pace as he takes advantage of the car's light frame and 50:50 weight distribution.

Suddenly, Andy totally drops his pace.

Ridley: "Something wrong?"

22647911581_0b3ab36142_c.jpg

Andy: "I'm hearing something. It's coming very fast..."

Ridley: "Huh? You've got sharp ears."

Both manage to hear a high-pitched note, from faint until it becomes louder and clearer.

22015541593_8f9b8c1da9_c.jpg

Andy: "A supercar, definitely."

22610676646_a5b041ae1c_c.jpg

Ridley: "Another racer, perhaps. Not much has been going around here lately, since the most wanted racer codenamed Zephyr just disappeared after that head-on collision with Fate two years ago."

Andy is clearly oblivious of Redview County's power struggle of street racers versus the law enforcement.

Andy: "Zephyr? Fate?"

Ridley: "I'll make this simple for you, since you don't live here and all. Zephyr was a top street racer who clashed with every single police unit here in Redview, and Fate was the law enforcement's last beacon of hope of sorts."

22623155592_e80c82e384_c.jpg

Little do they know that Redview's most feared street racer is looking for someone to play with...

End of Page 4

That Rob/Takuma fight... Now that is something which would look great in movie form, I'll tell you that much. Too bad that Deckard still knows more moves and fighting styles than what Takuma can handle... :sly: :lol:

Also, things are about to heat up with the purple bull on scene. Prepare yourself, Shelby...

Page 5: Andy's Start

The infamous matte blue Lamborghini makes a comeback at Redview County, with the Shelby Cobra Daytona being its first prey.

22689621862_3c2755e4b9_c.jpg

Louis: "California license plate? Wow, you drove all the way here to Canada?"

Meanwhile, Andy takes a look at the rear view mirror, and finally notices the car stalking behind. He then floors the pedal.

Ridley: "Whoa whoa whoa! You're taking him on?"

Andy:
"He's asking for it. I don't care who he is."

22515249000_b43d4e2c83_c.jpg

The powerful V12 makes it effortless for an overtake, not even the lighter Shelby can hold itself on that short straight.

22080376384_bedc43fcba_c.jpg

Ridley then finally realizes the predicament they're entering once he takes a glimpse of the license plate.

22689620942_b62318b7e5_c.jpg

Ridley: "ZEPHYR?!"

Andy: "Zephyr? You mean...?"

Ridley: "He's back! Call this off and give up!"

Andy: "I don't think so. This is a fun moment, heh."

22689620762_8ac3017476_c.jpg

Andy increases his pace, signifying his intention of fully engaging Louis into battle.

22677165436_ccef280be3_c.jpg

Ridley: "Bro! You have no idea how he knows this road. He uses this very route to shake off the heat!"

Andy: "I'm different. Hence the outcome will be different."

Louis: "Impressive. You're hanging on. Heh... But I have to say that I've somehow lost my touch on this road."

Andy sees an opening as the 4WD supercar shows its weakness at the next turn.

22689620362_7b6aa4c1ff_c.jpg

Andy: "That cow is too porky!"

Louis: "Impressive for a newbie. Who are you? You're quite fascinating."

22515247670_2916886835_c.jpg

Andy: "Sorry, Zephyr or whoever you are. This round is mine."

22703171965_50e4e649dc_c.jpg

Andy: "I'm just a visitor, anyway. Surely you'd give me a "special" treatment."

Andy puts up a show as his taunt to Louis.

Louis: "This is my road. Don't show off. I know how to win here...

22714348531_08aedce01a_c.jpg

22703171295_c51bb874ee_c.jpg

Louis: "...in any way."

Ridley then notices the Lamborghini's charge.

Ridley: "Andy! Swerve!"

Reflexively, Andy avoids the Lambo's charge. Louis then takes advantage of the racing brakes to slow down just in time to make it to the turn cleanly.

Andy: "Heh. The bull makes a charge, eh?"

22689618662_fc38c79a7b_c.jpg

Louis: "You are a worthy adversary, American visitor. Mind if I stop and get to know you?"

Ridley: "See? He'll just prevail here, no matter what!"

Andy: "That's because of one cheap trick. No wonder the cops backed off him."

22703170675_36a16554d8_c.jpg

Ridley: "No question."

Louis pulls over, prompting Andy to do the same.

Ridley: "What's going on?"

22082012743_f90a2ce11c_c.jpg

Andy: "I'll finally get to see the face of your so-called legend."

Ridley: "Honestly, I have yet to see him either. Only a lucky few ever did."

The dust has settled. The three have showed themselves.

Andy: "Louis Montagny?!"

Ridley: "You know him?"

Andy: "Blue Streak Racing's number one driver. Or rather, a monster."

Louis: "You can call me that. And who are you?"

Andy: "Andy Midfield. From Dream Alliance."

Louis shows a grin on his face upon hearing the name of the team that he finds most enjoyable to trifle with.

Louis: "Dream Alliance? Heh. No wonder I had a tough time a while ago. But I haven't heard of you not even your name. Newbie? But I shouldn't even call you that. You're already a pro."

Andy: "You'll be seeing me more often. I'll make this enjoyable for you. See you at the track."

Louis: "Hmph. Bonne Chance!"

End of Page 5

Page 6: Contest

Time: 10 am, three days later

Owww.... well, the pain is not as bad though. I'm recovering. But still, you'll pay for this Deckard! Wait for the day that I shall knock you out!

Anyhow, I get to lie on the bed anyway, as we arrived at the hotel. Hiroyuki-san ordered both Rob and I to go here in LA as this is an urgent matter.

Where's Andy? Hmmmm....

Then as I am about to shut my eyes, I get a phone call. Really? Can't you give me some rest at least for an hour? I hate jet lag.

Rob: "Hey, Hiroyuki-san is summoning us to his suite. Get out of your room."

Takuma: "Okay, okay."

Hiroyuki-san's suite is just two floors above. Upon arriving, I see Rob already at the dining table slurping some tea served by Nigel. You two can easily tell that I'm very very weary.

Nigel: "Please have a seat."

Takuma: "Hopefully this will be short."

Rob: "Hiroyuki-san is not a priest who blurts out sermons. Relax."

And there he is. He does look like a priest... erm...

Hiroyuki: "I see that both of you just arrived, hence I called you up here immediately so that I can drill info before you could rest up.

As we speak, Andy currently having a practice. I ordered him too. I want him to shine in his homeland."

globe.jpg

Hiroyuki: "But I am to blame why he feels this slump lately."

globe_1.jpg

Hiroyuki: "We will first take care of classic car races here. Andy must start where his expertise lies."

Andy is indeed an expert on classic cars. He can definitely tell you that those cars are to be treated differently.

globe_2.jpg

Hiroyuki: "And I chose Owen to be his racing partner. We need those two neophytes to move up. I'll deal with Maria as soon as her maternity leave ends. So many plans laid out, and yet..."

What's wrong? Why is he... whining?

Hiroyuki: "I gotta deal with another personal issue that became bigger, which made our team involved. Anyhow, it's still personal. What I want you to concentrate on is supporting those two."

globe_3.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Little does Ravenwest know that a neophyte will stop them in their tracks. I love taking down elitists."

globe_4.jpg

Hiroyuki: "We will crumble their stronghold. I will make sure that we are to be feared in America!"

Now he's sounding that he takes this personally. Is there something wrong, Hiroyuki-san? I'll find out soon enough.

Time: 1:30 pm

Meanwhile, Louis is also busy. Surprisingly, this is the first time he stepped on American soil, despite the fact that he lived for years in Canada.

globe_5.jpg

Regardless, he is to go on with his plans of global recognition.

globe_6.jpg

The Citroen's radical body kit provides heavy amounts of downforce needed for the turns of Laguna Seca.

The race car hugs the lines as a result. Louis is in his usual composure.

globe_7.jpg

But with his recent encounter with Andy suddenly puts him into a train of thought.

Louis: "Andy is from the Dream Alliance. So that means... heh."

globe_8.jpg

Louis: "But that means that this trip will be very worthwhile. I thought I'll be bullying Francois for this entire quest. That's a relief for me."

Suddenly a radio transmission enters the cockpit. Seems like Stephan has an announcement to make.

Stephan: "Hey Louis, this just came in."

Louis: "What is it?"

Stephan: "I just had a talk with one of Bugatti HQ's peeps. You're back in their program. Soon, you'll finally be able to drive their racing prototype."

Louis then simply floors the accelerator, a sign of his glee.

Louis: "Hmph. All right!"

Time: 8 pm

After the track session and a long trip, Louis decides to call it a day and heads back to the hotel along with his team.

However, he doesn't want to join his teammates for a room service dinner as he doesn't feel his stomach churn. He simply wants coffee.

So he heads down to the lobby. Upon opening the elevator door he is shocked to see his nemesis, Rob, at the other elevator.

Rob: "Staying at the same hotel, eh?"

Louis: "Quite a surprise."

Rob: "Where are you going?"

Louis: "Just to have coffee at the restaurant here."

Rob: "I'll join you. I'm in a mood for caffeine, and a lovely chat."

They head to the hotel's large restaurant, filled with gold-themed decorations and large windows that allow the guests to view the night lights outside.

Their coffees have immediately arrived, knowing how simple it is to make.

Louis: "Looks like I'm having fun, once again."

Rob: "Of course. Why would I make the world boring?"

Louis: "Andy... Midfield. He belongs to your team, right? He's good."

Rob: "What? He had beaten you?"

Louis: "Almost. I won by a hair."

Rob: "Heh. Imagine if I was your opponent."

Louis: "Then I won't let that happen. Simple as that. I will outrun you if that's the case."

Rob: "So, any classic car you can throw at us?"

Louis: "I'm afraid that I'm not going to race in a classic car event. My team wasn't aware of that. However, we have prepared for GT races instead. Ravenwest is also my concern."

Rob then places back the cup on the small plate, then opens up another bag of sugar to put in his cup.

Rob: "Looks like we're at the same page, sonny."

Hearing that, Louis leans on his seat and crosses his arms.

Louis: "Hey, I have an idea. How about we have a game?"

Rob: "Whatever it is, I'm in. You're always my ideal playmate."

Louis: "Let's see which among of us has the most wins against Ravenwest.

Rob: "Game on."

Louis: "I have no intention of letting Ravenwest getting in my way. We might as well beat the crap out of them while we're having this contest. You see, the racing world has now turned into our playground. I can only invite one playmate for that. And that's you."

Rob: "Hehehe. That's so sweet of you. All right, but I'll let you know one more thing..."

"...The racing world is not big enough for the two of us."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Oh Rob and Louis. Their casual conversations always turn into intense tirades. They're the best of friends, eh? :sly:

You know what they say that the best of friends...

...may also be the worst of enemies. :sly:

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki is taking this whole Ravenwest thing to heart... add another problem to their list.

Page 7: Substitute

Time: 7 am, one week later

Seems that time really does fly fast, eh? It's already the race day, and the first one for Andy to prove himself to the world.

Oh there's that phone again! Haha! Sorry, I woke up before that wake-up call! But still, I have to pick it up.

Takuma: "Hello?"

Hiroyuki: "You're awake? We're waiting for you at the restaurant downstairs. Don't waste breakfast vouchers."

Takuma: "Understood."

Oh fine... First, I am not too fond of hotels, since they're all swanky. I can sleep soundly at a backpacker inn or a bed-and-breakfast style. And breakfast vouchers? Gimme a break. There are much better and cheaper alternatives offered by a legit restaurant outside. Breakfast buffets are mediocre at best. You only pay for the presentation of the food at the buffet, and that's all.

No use complaining. I'm needed. I just waxed my hair and off I go. I already got dressed immediately after I got off the bed.

I arrived at the restaurant, with my stomach slightly churning. I then notice Hiroyuki-san's face... he did not smile. Usually, he does that to everyone in the team when they see him first thing in the morning.

I'll get first to the bottom of this.

Takuma: "What's wrong, Hiroyuki-san?"

Hiroyuki: "It's nothing to panic at. It's something small, but it's already taken care of."

Takuma: "Then why...?"

Hiroyuki: "...am I not smiling? Simple. I'm worried about Andy. It's my fault why he's stuck. And today, just as this golden opportunity for him presents, he got... sick."

Andy called in sick? Wow... such bad timing.

Hiroyuki: "He has a high fever, that I recommended him to rest. Again, I robbed him of that opportunity. I feel so bad right now. But I should not overreact either. Owen will drive for today. I don't intend to go down without a fight."

That last sentence, it shows. This is getting personal for Hiroyuki-san.

And... I gotta eat. Way to go, stomach. Keep on whining.

Time: 1 pm

And there we have it. Business as usual. Pretty sure Andy will recover immediately. Owen is doing good as well.

22636577480_58cc8d619e_c.jpg

22835740531_57d867c53c_c.jpg

He has the lines hammered on to his head. He practiced with Andy here before, so... I shall just leave this to him, then. Let them fly on their own, to their dreams.

Meanwhile, I see Hiroyuki-san talking to another old man. Kinda remember that guy. Ah! Isn't that Ryuji Hiramoto, his young brother?

Ryuji: "So, you're pretty much confident sending out your neophytes to race."

Hiroyuki: "Hehehehe. It's that simple, really. I have to let them sprout their own wings and fly."

Ryuji: "You know, you are facing Ravenwest here."

Hiroyuki: "You know, I am not scared of any team crossing my path. I have my utmost confidence to all my drivers. I don't have only three dedicated drivers in my team. I have ten. More than three times than what you think."

Ryuji: "Oh really? Perhaps I should have been paying more attention to your exploits in Europe, then."

Hiroyuki: "You should have. Your pride just made you blind."

22835740261_075a2a400a_c.jpg

Ryuji: "While I must admit your Shelby Cobra Daytona is a lovely piece of art restored to perfection, the Camaro of my team can run as fast as the modern race cars. Oh the marvels of technology, which makes Resto-Modding a lot easier."

Hiroyuki: "And so your '69 Camaro has modern parts?"

Ryuji: "Give or take, around 90 percent. Before I took the helm of the team, it was already modified that way. I only inspected it."

Hiroyuki: "Do you seriously think that your Camaro has a higher chance of winning just because of having equipped with modern parts? Oh you haven't moved on, from thirty years ago. Still dependent..."

Ryuji: "And what about you? You think you have opened yourself to the world? You let people rely on you?"

22201829784_2f2889800e_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Sigh... here we go again. If I still stuck to my old self thirty years ago, I wouldn't be here right now. My team wouldn't have been formed, nor have I reunited with my wife and children."

All right! Owen is right up behind that Camaro! You know, Shelby cars are simply badass in whatever they do.

22201829674_d0c0401bbc_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Not bad keeping up with my Camaro."

Hiroyuki: "Just to let you know, the person who should be driving that car now, is also the one who dedicated his life to restore it for his late father. It's just that he's come down with fever. A shame, really, because this must be his golden opportunity to let himself known to the world.

He knows much better how to tinker with classics, much more than you do. If he's driving that Shelby right now, I can tell you...

...your driver will struggle."

Ryuji: "Such strong words, big brother. I take it that you don't have much confidence to your second driver right now?"

Hiroyuki: "Wrong again, my beloved but clueless little brother. Have you already forgotten what I said? I have ten. Ten dedicated drivers."

22406204148_827a13bc87_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Owen Watson practices every day in his hometown Essex. He lives nearby a British B-Road."

22432401489_6cb13f5c8c_c.jpg

Ryuji: "This isn't a B-Road. Plus, my Camaro has a supercharger installed."

Hiroyuki: "Still clueless as ever. Go on, keep on depending your victory on your car's performance. I find it amusing."

Ryuji: "Then why did you bring up that B-Road thing? What does that have to do in this race?"

Hiroyuki: "Perhaps you should have taken a look on this course's layout a bit longer. Have you even driven on a British B-Road? I don't think so."

22432401839_9645bce3d1_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Owen is very familiar with the narrow and twisty nature of a B-Road. This track comes close."

22811042902_36ace30186_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "While your heavily tricked out race car has a chance on the straights, my Shelby on the other hand can make up for it at the majority of the track, where turns are aplenty."

22811043012_4e2a2c2f6c_c.jpg

22432401159_dce6a2e216_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "And that's why I'm confident, despite this little setback. Owen will annoy the hell out of your driver until he submits.

Since I'm your big brother, allow me to give you one important piece of advice."

"Pick your fights wisely."

End of Page 7

Back