Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Oh man. You are right. :lol:

Another update - The 800 HP West Corvette No. 7 joins the fray!

image.jpg

Chapter 4 to be posted tonight!

Ohwahahahahaha! Great writing as usual, and I told Jintei "not to dare lose until our rematch!" I'll have to pay him a visit soon :confused:

CHAPTER 4

The Will

The Dream Alliance prevailed on their path to glory once again, by capturing the overall win in the FIA GT3 Championship. However, there are still remnants of the forbidden serum project.

But that shall be taken care of in the future. The team decides to take a break after that intense season.

Or can they enjoy the break? A mysterious car frequents along the highways of Tokyo - as if seeking for something. What are the intentions of its driver? On this chapter, we will discover the driver's true intentions.

And now, Takanori Kanonji is the next victim...

Page 1 - Best Weapon

Time: 7 pm

After a brief filming, Takanori instructed the camera crew head out of the highway, as he wishes to extract the car's performance for a bit - seeing the road is surprisingly clear.

15100680317_1d3f8d0564_c.jpg

Takanori: "I wonder if the road will be this clear for tonight? I want to stretch this car for a while. I am too excited!"

15286845992_b73ee1a925_c.jpg

However, he hears a loud exhaust note, which is familiar to him.

Takanori: "Another GT-R? I can tell, with that unique howl on high rpms."

He looks at the rear view mirror, and the mysterious Nissan is now tailgating him. Time for another hunt.

Takanori: "It's much wider and lower. And it's tailgating. It's a sign."

Without hesitation, along with excitement to finally put the car into pace, Takanori shifts down to 2nd gear, and puts the pedal to the metal. The GT-R's impressive torque manages to blast away from the mysterious opponent.

But not for long...

Takanori: "I guess that car has a highly modified VR38DETT engine. It could make more power than this."

15286845722_bc7afb04be_c.jpg

The opponent simply sticks to the Nismo GT-R's tail like a gum on a shoe.

15264208676_8c7099ec62_c.jpg

Takanori: "Not bad at all. But seriously, you run this road like the back of your home! You know every single nook and cranny!"

And then the opponent finally shows off its true power, as it effortlessly overtakes Takanori at a blinding speed.

15100470669_f798b0f189_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa! What the hell is that?!? It's rocket ship fast!"

15287246675_a024b2dd9f_c.jpg

Takanori: "My right foot is already flat on the floor! But that car just flies!"

And then he is astounded by the sight of the car's high speed cornering abilities.

Takanori: "That's cartoonish cornering! Just what the hell is that car?! It's out of this world!"

15100520030_a7b1acaf97_c.jpg

Takanori lets up the throttle, since he cannot risk damaging Nissan's PR car.

15264207506_2e94b0b879_c.jpg

Takanori: "I cannot go further. This is not my car.

But... someday, I shall defeat you! No matter what! I cannot back down without a fight! That's the Kanonji way!"

Time: 7:30 am

Takanori arrives first in the office, as usual. He opens up the lights and then helps himself with a cup of coffee.

Slurping the hot caramel macchiato, he thinks back what happened last night.

15264497496_51e07c87fd_c.jpg

Takanori: "That car... it's as if it conveyed a message. An intention of some sorts. I felt it. That's why it gave me the sudden urge to defeat it once and for all."

Five minutes later, Takuma arrives, patting the back of his twin.

Takuma: "Early as always. So, how's the Nismo GT-R?"

Takanori: "I made a little film that I can insert as a special segment for this week's episode. It's just the first of the mini-journal for my long-term review. Then I will also write it for the magazine as well, after the 3-month period is over, of course.

The car's torque is neck-snapping, even in a normal overtaking maneuver."

Takuma: "I see. But don't go biased on it, okay?"

Takanori: "Of course I won't."

Takuma: "What's with that weak reaction? You usually react in an explosive way."

Takanori: "I encountered something after that."

Takuma: "Huh?"

Takanori: "A car popped up behind me last night, and challenged me. I can tell it's a Nissan, because it has the same engine note as an R35 GT-R's engine, albeit louder."

Don't tell me.... HE ENCOUNTERED THAT CAR TOO?!?

15100949218_4a2914f55a_c.jpg

15264484516_fe0a034012_c.jpg

Takanori: "Then I just realized how fast it is, when it overtook me. It's a spaceship! Plus, it corners like its tires forever had grip!"

Takuma: "Strange... I've been hearing some street racers being hunted down by that same car."

Takanori: "You think it's time for us to investigate? And besides, I cannot back down without a good fight. I will beat that car when I meet it once again!"

Takuma: "Why do we have to be involved?"

Takanori: "Well, something has to be done! And we are on a break!"

Takuma: "You sound like Jintei, also eager to beat that car once and for all. Begin with your little investigation, if that's what you want.

Just as long as you don't get in trouble with the authorities."

Takanori: "Besides, that car looked like it conveyed a message to me. Some sort of an intention."

Hearing that, that something that Hiroyuki-san felt too. Maybe I can join in too, it suddenly piqued my curiosity.

Takuma: "Okay, then. I'm in. Besides, I want to fill the void."

Then the day passed like normal. We have done filming in the set, and then....

...a phone call. Who could that be? I pick it up, since everyone looks busy at moment.

Takuma: "Hello?"

Henry Rogers: "Is this the Motoring Weekly office? May I speak to Takanori Kanonji?"

Takuma: "Heh, that's a voice I haven't heard in a while. Hey Henry, what's up?"

Henry: "Is... that you, Takuma?"

Takuma: "Correct. What have you been up to, lately?"

Henry: "Still running the shop. And I intend to do so for long. I can't join in any form of racing for now. Tuning Corvettes keeps me busy."

Takuma: "New lease in life, I suppose. Well, hold on for a second, I'll call Takanori."

I summoned Takanori, who is eating a snack in his cubicle.

Takanori: "Henry? Oh I see. Thank you."

I returned talking to our director as I handed over the phone to Takanori.

Henry: "So, am I going to touch your C7 now? You told me before that it's the least priority."

Takanori: "Are you about to work on another customer car? Well, I want you to work on it now."

Henry: "Why a change of plans?"

Takanori: "There is this car I encountered in Route 5 last night. I was easily beaten, and I cannot afford to just sit still.

I don't care how long it takes for you to tune it. I can wait. As long as it fulfills my purpose."

15100669518_00dd14e62f_c.jpg

Henry: "Roger that. The aero kit is ready too, and the lightening process is complete. Any additional parts to install?"

Takanori: "A supercharger. I need some more power for the job. I'll just drop by tonight to pay for the extra."

Henry: "Whatever you say. With the power mods installed previously, and then now, adding a supercharger will spike the horsepower to 800."

Takanori: "That's great to hear. I can handle 800 horsepower, don't worry.

I want to have the best weapon in my arsenal. And I won't pressure you to finish it immediately. Do what you have to do. Greatness sometimes takes time."

Henry: "It'll likely take a week or two to get the job done."

Takanori: "I see. Thank you very much."

The call ends, with Takanori returning to his cubicle, in a more determined mood.

End of Page 1

The Nissan VGT reminds me of the time Nobuhiko's Supra haunted Suzuka when he was a ghost.

Page 2 - The Orange Hero

Time: 7 pm

Out goes the Diablo, and in comes...

15110313239_5b76e132e1_c.jpg

...this! I am about to jump for joy, hehe. It's really fulfilling especially when you've done the registration process.

Kokoro: "Pagani... Hu... Huayra?"

15110522127_e1fdd87c9e_c.jpg

15274036476_18afb8149f_c.jpg

Takuma: "Not just a typical Huayra. It's a one-off special made originally for my adoptive father. Now it's passed on to me.

Let's get inside, the hot pot is ready."

Kokoro: "I'll call on the kids."

During our hearty dinner, I am helping Little Ben put some of his meat on the hot pot. I added some more vegetables on it, too.

Takuma: "I'm heading out tonight."

Kokoro: "Oh dear... let me guess, highway run of the Huayra? I get it. No need to explain. Oh boys. You can't really control them when a car is beside them."

And I want to see that mysterious Nissan once again.... I want to see if the Huayra can stack up to it.

Takuma: "Don't worry, I would be back just in time for... you know."

Of course I've got to make it up to her, in the only, sure fire way I know how.... hehehehehehe.

Time: 10 pm

All right, traffic is clear. Let's go, Huayra.

The moment I stepped on it, my head violently hits the headrest. So the stories of the car's monstrous torque are true after all.

15110482458_55924dfb73_c.jpg

And the car is already in 5th gear! 300 kilometers per hour! Shift up to 6th!

Thank goodness the brakes are up to the task. Of course, Mr. Pagani would not leave other aspects of performance. He's obsessed with perfection.

15296702102_13024b83d3_c.jpg

Here we go again, the speed jumped to 300 kilometers per hour in an instant. Shifting to 6th once again.

15110521417_a11355d680_c.jpg

The car's tall gearing is necessary to match the powerband and torque output, and as well as a little improvement on fuel economy. But even so, the speed keeps on climbing!

15293924561_91384d50e9_c.jpg

320 km/h, shift to 7th gear. The speed still keeps on rising!

Well, time to shift down to 5th for a gentle turn. Then accelerate back up at the tunnel.

15274035316_3a1e09a5ba_c.jpg

Does this car really have 760 horsepower? The fastest I have been is in the 787B in Le Mans last year, at 386 km/h.

370... 380... 386... 390! 390 km/h!

I know, it's not Bugatti Veyron level, but we don't go 400 km/h everyday, let alone 100. And with this being significantly lighter, it's much better overall.

So it's 12 km/h more than Pagani's 378 km/h claim. Mind you, this car has a rear spoiler.

Next, I headed towards the exit leading to Route 5. Now I'm curious on the car's handling on technical tracks.

15110368510_89e6d23bb9_c.jpg

The differential works very hard to suppress the wheelspin, but my right foot is helping. Amazing cornering ability despite that setback, and the G forces are comparable to a touring car. Various reputable car reviews have noted the Huayra's tendency to snap, and they're not wrong.

I'm at the straight. Now let's take the 300 km/h challenge that street racers partake.

15296700902_5fbe73cfe7_c.jpg

It managed to hit 318 km/h before I hit the brakes. Sorry Henry, I beat your WEST Corvette No. 5.

Now that I'm in Route 5, where's that stealthy Nissan?

15297073635_9c95c16235_c.jpg

Oh well, it's not present. I have checked various local car forums before I head out, and they say that car doesn't appear here every night. And they can't determine the pattern of its appearances, either. It just pops up whenever it wants to.

And don't start me on paranormal activity. Little Nobu's ghost driving in Suzuka is enough!

Time: 7:30 am, the next day

Looks like I came in the office first. Oh, there's Takanori coming out of the elevator.

Takanori: "Good morning! Hey, where did you park?"

Takuma: "At the 5th."

Takanori: "Oh, I parked at the 6th, as usual. Never saw your car. Hehe."

Then Nobuyuki is next.

Nobuyuki: "I just saw something incredible today. There's a Pagani Hualalalalalalalala parked at this building! At 5th floor! I parked nearby it. Its looks are starting to grow on me. But the name, bah... I still find it hard to pronounce it."

Takuma: "What if I told you it's mine?"

Nobuyuki: "NO WAY! You own it?"

I showed him the key fob, having the shape of the Huayra's body.

Nobuyuki: "Just how rich are you?!?"

Takuma: "Let's just say, that the Huayra was originally for my adoptive father. The building process got stalled when he died, and then Mr. Pagani decided to continue it himself and passed it on to me. I even paid the second half of the car's price.

The total cost of the car is a million Euros."

Nobuyuki: "A million Euros?!?"

Takanori: "As far as I remember, Sir Ben is incredibly wealthy! Have you already forgotten our stay in his mansion?"

Nobuyuki: "Oh right... that. Be lucky you were adopted by a veteran race car driver who has amassed tons of wealth."

Takuma: "And that car will be our team's PR car. I shall bring it in exhibition races when the team is invited."

Nobuyuki: "That would be a great idea! I'll arrange a meeting for you to meet Oyaji."

Takuma: "Takanori, last night, I tested out the car. But while doing so, I did not see that mysterious Nissan."

Takanori: "It's not going to show up frequently, according to the blogs."

Takuma: "I thought that it would. But anyway, the shakedown is important. We will be bound to see it soon."

Takanori: "Yeah, I can feel it too."

Nobuyuki: "Is it about that unknown Nissan that shows up on Route 5 that challenges racers? Oyaji told me that he encountered it as well, when he took you home, Takuma-san.

And then he told me that he had a sudden flashback when he looked at that car. He could not explain why that happened..."

Takuma: "That's true. I believe that car has a purpose of showing up. It's not going to pop up there for nothing.

And we are going to find that out. We are currently on a break from racing, so let's make it worthwhile."

End of Page 2

Last edited:
Page 3 - The Mystery Driver

Time: 9 pm, the next night

When the road got cleared from traffic, a bunch of sports cars gathered along the main straight, for an evening fun run which is typical for sports car clubs in the country.

The drivers either show off, or discuss matters regarding their ownership, experiences, and the like. A casual conversation of sorts.

Then they decided to set off after a short briefing.

15120928440_00cc2b7af5_c.jpg

15120927310_a911b07ebd_c.jpg

When a Caterham got out of the parking area, the driver noticed a bright light emanating through him. And as it turns out...

15120869669_23ddf8e173_c.jpg

Their little get-together is ruined by the sudden appearance of that mysterious Nissan.

15307632665_147201b9f9_c.jpg

It overtakes the other cars effortlessly, as if it sees them as traffic cars.

15307275352_9b78d32534_c.jpg

15307632135_067c10a509_c.jpg

15120926070_830e6428f0_c.jpg

And in one sweep, the Nissan overtook everyone, shocking even the watchers at the main straight. No one ever knows when its madness shall end. Someone ought to stop this thing...

Time: 10 am, the next day

The Kanonji Twins and Nobuyuki are at the set filming for the episode. They discuss automotive news, with a photo of the latest car at the screen between the couches they are sitting on.

Takuma: "Have a look at this - this is the new Renault Sport Lutecia 200. 200 horsepower, still front wheel drive, but for the first time ever, a dual clutch transmission.

Takanori: "No manual?"

Takuma: "Nope."

Nobuyuki: "That's really sad, is it really the end of the manual transmission? Hey, you can still get good fuel economy out of a stick shift! The Lutecia, especially the Renault Sport models, are really known to be fun cars to drive!"

Takanori: "On to the next one - this car here, is the new Corvette Z06! Prices are yet to be announced, but GM Japan confirmed that it will be sold here as well! 625 horsepower, and the first Corvette Z06 to be supercharged, and comes with an 8-speed automatic. Thankfully, the 7-speed manual will remain."

Takuma: "So you are going to sell your Z51 packaged Corvette?"

Takanori: "Of course not! In fact, I just had it tuned! 800 horsepower."

Takuma: "800 horsepower. Now, can you explain here to our viewers how useful 800 horsepower is?"

Takanori: "Well.... ummmm...."

Takuma: "See? Even though we review supercars here in our show, we also have to take note of their practicality and usability. I'll give you an example - a Bugatti Veyron - has a thousand horsepower. In seven days a week, could you average a thousand horsepower in its usage? Or even half of it? Of course not!"

Takanori: "Hey! All of us here own supercars! Don't talk like you're out of this! And stop showing that smug face!

Nobuyuki: "Okay, enough of that argument! Well, let's move on. We are getting news from different car enthusiasts that they are hunted down by a midnight purple Nissan along Route 5. They cannot identify it, even if they were able to catch up for a bit. They say it's wider and lower than a GT-R, even though it has its trademark tail light design. Even this escalated to the police, and...

...sadly, they show no signs of progress at all."

Takanori: "Even I belong to its victims. Are you watching, Mr. Mysterious Nissan Driver? Please drive safely! And race tracks are open on weekends if you have that itch to speed."

Takuma: "Up next, take a look at my review of the Ford EcoSport. Can it be really called an "EcoSport?" Let's find out when we return."

Director: "And cut! Okay, let's have a 30-minute break! Excellent work!"

Time for a cup of coffee...

Takanori: "Aniki, last night, an evening fun run got disrupted by that Nissan again."

Nobuhiko, hearing it, decides to join the three...

Nobuhiko: "A friend of mine was one of those who ran, and he was really appalled by that car's speed.

Takanori-san, since you saw it once, how fast is it?"

Takanori: "Since I was driving the NISMO GT-R back then, and that was a rapid car, mind you, that mystery car's speed is like it came from another planet. To think it can outrun a NISMO GT-R in a flash.

The clue I only got is the engine note - it has the same VR38DETT engine. It could make more than 600 horsepower.

Or perhaps 700, or even 800 horsepower. And judging the way it kept up with me in the turns, it's 4WD, as it never lost traction and even zoomed away at the last S curves.

Takuma: "Plus, its body and stance would tell you that it has proper downforce. It looks too radical for me."

Nobuhiko: "Has anybody seen that car in broad daylight?"

Takanori: "I'm afraid no one has seen it in the day."

Nobuyuki: "It's a phantom, definitely!"

Kaido organizes the equipment, and then he puts things in order his office before he can close the shop.

Then he hears a car coming, with a loud exhaust.

It turns out that it's Iwasaki.

15284587366_cb5f5bf340_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "I finally located you, Kaido Murakami."

Kaido: "Shop is closed, I'm afraid."

Iwasaki: "I just want a small talk. More of a request, really."

He opens up the GT-R's bonnet, and the two take a look at the engine bay. There are some shiny parts installed, and as well large turbochargers.

Kaido: "The one called "Jintei" in racing circles is asking me to tune a car? Isn't that a bit over the top already?"

Iwasaki: "You transform cars into beasts. I want you to "beastify" this further. I wish to beat that mysterious Nissan."

Hearing that, Kaido raises his left eyebrow.

Kaido: "You think, if I fiddle that car further, there is guarantee? As early as now, forget what you are about to do."

Iwasaki: "You would turn me down?"

Kaido: "I would turn down a customer, if their purpose of tuning is nothing more than just being crazy powerful. I don't believe that. If you are desperate in beating that Nissan, then why not improve on your skills?

This is already beastly. I have tuned a lot of RB engines, and you are the only one not satisfied with what it is right now."

Iwasaki: "So you're telling me I lack skill?"

Kaido: "If you believe so, then you won't be able to defeat it. You know, deep down I hate customers who only care on having the most expensive parts installed, without their skill to back up their claims.

Tuning is not about having the most powerful nor the best handling car in the world. It's about how to back up your abilities, how you synchronize car performance and driver skill is the most important factor.

I'm sorry, but I have to refuse."

Iwasaki: "All right then, if you wish."

Iwasaki simply closes the bonnet and then leaves the premises.

Moments later, the driver of the mystery Nissan appears once again, as if it had overheard the conversation.

Kaido: "Seriously, until when are you going to stick to this gimmick? You just ruined an otherwise nice fun run last night."

15020660940_67d879ca68_c.jpg

Kaido: "Even you have attracted the attention of the authorities. You've got to lay low for a while until everything has cooled down.

Heh, just be careful next time, okay? Even that Jintei kid wants to take you down so badly.

If I were you, I'll pick my fights wisely.

Besides, Takuma is your original target, am I right? Then focus on him. You cannot afford to fool around."

End of Page 3

15121090297_369b3e65ea_c.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- For now, I am stuck on deciding on what story will be next - Passione Italia or Hatch (about the Hatch brothers and the World Time Attack Championship; tentative title)

- Next page, I might post the setup for the West Corvette C7 along with its debut - for the final battle, of course.

There's the rare NSX-R LM Proto in one of the pictures. Wonder if it may have some minor plot connections...? 💡

It had once shown up as one of the character's cars. Yuki owns an NSX Type R, then tuned to NSX-R LM, and then finally turned into a GT500-spec race car.

Page 4 - Route 5's Fastest

Time: 10 pm, a week later

A week passed, still with the appearances of the mysterious Nissan on Route 5. It had turned into a sensation, either the racers are interested, or some backing out in fear.

Eventually, it has become a target for many brave racers, attempting to take a shot of it. That mystery car is now facing against an entire community of street racers.

And just one of those racers is Takanori. He would simply let himself defeated completely. He does not want to let this pass, and will have to fight back.

And as scheduled, Takanori takes out his newly-tuned C7 Corvette, along with Henry who is holding a stopwatch. Taking pride as the fastest in Route 5, he has to bring it, to see if the C7 exceeds his standards.

15317095781_9bbaca8419_c.jpg

Takanori: "A stopwatch?"

Henry: "Don't mind me. Just drive like you always do. You will feel a sudden surge."

And they did, indeed. The supercharger allows the Corvette to accelerate in an instant, without hesitation at the straight.

Takanori: "Whoa! Ahaha! This is just insane!"

15317095561_fc9e7495ca_c.jpg

Takanori: "The speed increase is just phenomenal! Crazy acceleration! 307 KM/H at the end of the straight!"

At that moment, Takanori hits the brakes. They are strong enough to make it through the tunnel, a challenge for most racers with high-powered engines.

Takanori: "Even with all this power, this has the reflexes of a racing car!"

Henry: "Corvettes are meant to be race cars for the 'Murican masses, boy."

15133663698_023582bc01_c.jpg

Takanori: "The aero kit and the rear diffuser help a lot in stability. Even these parts from racing cars are easily accessible nowadays."

15317095181_0400eda9a9_c.jpg

Henry: "What I am impressed is how you handle the car's extreme power. The C7's chassis is impressive indeed, but your skills are above everything."

Takanori has immediately got addicted with the engine. The brutal acceleration boggles him.

Takanori: "This acceleration - I love it! It can even leave a GT-R in the dust!"

15133663338_cc071d99a3_c.jpg

Henry:
"You think it would perform up to the task?"

Takanori: "Oh yes, indeed!"

They returned at the main straight, and Henry records a lap time of 1 minute, 22.9 seconds.

Henry: "1 minute, 22.9 seconds. You son of a gun!"

Takanori: "I guess we have found the new king of Route 5, eh? I feel sorry for your C4 right now."

15133501029_90690a1d24_c.jpg

They got off the highway after that shakedown and returned to the shop.

The two men get out of the car and just look at it. Henry smokes a cigarette while Takanori is hyped up on the result.

15297211946_799f93bcca_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm back to my energetic self! With this, I can beat the snot out of that Nissan!"

Henry: "It seems that car charmed you as well. No one has ever beaten it, even those uber-powerful GT-Rs can't stand a chance."

Takanori: "I'll make sure that I'll be the first one. I will keep on fighting, until the end. That's the Kanonji way!"

15319917262_b4b3f4aa9b_c.jpg

Henry then attempts to speak some Japanese...

Henry: "Junbi... wa ii desu ka?" (Are you ready?)

Takanori:
"Sou da na. Zettaini makerarenai zo! Kanonji futago wa, Nihon no ichiban hayai driver da!"

(Of course! I definitely won't lose! The Kanonji Twins are the fastest racers of Japan!)

Time: 11 pm

Iwasaki arrives once again at the shop, hoping to persuade Kaido to tune his car once again. However, the tuner simply shakes his head in disgust.

Kaido: "Persistent, aren't you? It's not the best of qualities, you know?"

15284587366_cb5f5bf340_c.jpg

Iwasaki:
"I expected you to say that."

Kaido: "Sigh... you know, if you want to make this visit worthwhile, follow me."

Kaido leads the persistent young racer at the back of his garage. Then he unveils something...

Iwasaki: "That car! You're..."

15020558569_b0a8a423a5_c.jpg

Kaido: "The man who created it? Well, I played a major part of it, along with the owner and some handpicked Nissan's engineers. That's the power of connection."

Iwasaki: "So you worked on this all along. And you, rejecting me... is this your way of protecting that car?"

Kaido: "I am not a coward, Jintei. I am just telling you the truth.

The technology of 2002 is simply no match against the technology of something from the 2020s. No matter how much gobs of power your R34 has, it simply could not match this car overall."

Iwasaki: "Who's the owner, then?"

Kaido: "It's not for you to know. I am entitled not to divulge the name of my customers. It's my right.

And even if I did tell you, you think you have the firepower? His presence alone...

...can reduce you to ashes."

Iwasaki: "No need to be overly dramatic, Kaido. I fear no one."

Kaido: "Big shot, eh? I suppose you have the right to say that, since you used to conquer the streets."

Iwasaki:
"Now that I know who created it, it just gave me more determination to defeat that thing once and for all. I will keep on coming back to Route 5, and once I see that, I'll give no quarter. That thing does not deserve mercy.

On behalf of all the racers that had fallen, I shall finish that off once and for all!"

Kaido: "Suit yourself. You think you are a superhero? Then show it. Everyone plays the hero nowadays.

Now go, find something better to do. Something better than wasting your fuel. Or rather, go home and sleep.

Kids nowadays have lesser sleeping hours. It's not good for your health."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The tune for the WEST Corvette No. 7 can be found here.

- I am ready anytime for the final battle. It's already written, the only things left are photos for it.

I can help with the final battle as early as this evening as I have the Nissan VGT in my arsenal.

Page 5 - Surprise Alliance

I just came from another meeting with Hiroyuki-san. It turns out that we will be participating in the World Time Attack Championship, and that shall take place soon. The car we'll be using is taken care of as well. Guess that our break will be cut short. But I don't want prolonged break periods, either.

After that, I decided to head out once again at the highway to test the Huayra. A week has passed since it landed here, and every single day I am excited to drive it. To think it is capable of reaching 390 km/h, that is an astonishing feat from a small car company. It takes time, money, and a lot research to create a car that is capable of such speeds while still docile in everyday use.

Heck, even the Diablo GT isn't capable of doing such thing. But I'll accept it, since I have huge respect for Pagani.

Okay, time to head back home. However, just as I am about to enter Route 5, my phone rang.

Ugh... it's Iwasaki again. What does he want this time?

Takuma: "It's been quite a while, Iwasaki."

Iwasaki: "We need to meet. I have something important to tell you. You have to meet me."

Oh all right. And I am not the guy who ditches people, despite the fact I have little connection with them. If there is someone to meet, then I'll meet them.

He told me his location, he is located at the PA just below Route 5. I arrived at the location, and of course as expected, he looks at my flashy Pagani...

15308399466_9765a75f49_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "I'm glad you came. And quite a flashy exotic as well. I know you're not one of those snooty supercar owners who just flash off their cars but have nothing to prove.

Listen to me, Takuma. Kaido Murakami is the one who worked on that mysterious Nissan."

Really?!? Kaido may look at times that he is hiding something from us...

Takuma: "How did you know?"

Iwasaki: "Kaido himself showed it to me. I was so persistent to make him tune my car, but what he did is to show that thing off me, so that he'll think I'll just cower in fear. He didn't even spill a thing on the identity of the driver."

Takuma: "I see."

Iwasaki: "You are going to react just like that? Your racing team trusts him. And yet now he is turning on you. Don't you feel some sort of betrayal?"

Takuma: "I don't think like that. He has the right to tune whatever car he pleases. But I am surprised at the fact that he is the one involved in its creation."

Iwasaki: "That just gave me more determination in beating that mystery car. And even force that driver to come out in the open.

Your twin is also beaten by it, have you heard?"

Takuma: "I know that. In fact, he already fiddled with his brand-new car for the purpose of rematch."

Iwasaki: "So what are you planning to do next?"

Takuma: "I am currently looking for it right now. It sparked my interest."

Iwasaki: "Just take him head on! You already know what it can do, your twin is already defeated by it and wants a rematch. So why not launch a counterattack?"

Takuma: "Takanori is truly determined to beat that thing, and a part of me is already itching as well. I will always be at his side. If he'll go, then I'll go."

Iwasaki: "I am going to join you."

Is he serious? I don't doubt his skills, but why strike an alliance? I thought he views me as his rival...

Iwasaki: "Whoever is the first person to encounter it, will have to contact the others. So it's me, you and Takanori.

All right, I'll just volunteer to go to Route 5 every night, and I'll give you two a call.

Then I'll hold him off, until you two arrive, and it'll be like ganging up on him until he submits."

Takuma: "That's actually running at the back of my mind. Great thinking, and at least there will be another person to help Takanori and I out.

Iwasaki: "Good. At least now we came up with a plan.

But this alliance will be temporary. We are still rivals, Takuma. Remember this, one day, we'll race again. It's just that we are working together for a common objective."

Takuma: "I'll never forget it."

Besides, I want this to be over, and finally shed light about this mystery. What is this, Scooby Doo? Unmasking the culprit?

Time: 1 pm

Meanwhile, at the middle of the globe, in an enclosed race track within Silverstone race circuit, a car makes its return...

15308399256_b4ff32a876_c.jpg

But of course, it's Brandon Hatch's children who are driving the legendary Racing Werewolf. Dennis is behind the wheel, while Rob is holding a stopwatch while observing his little brother's driving.

Dennis is participating in the World Time Attack Championship as well, and naturally Rob will be supporting his little brother, so he won't be around in Dream Alliance, but he knows how to balance those things out...

Dennis: "This thing is utterly bonkers! It's nimble on its feet!"

Rob stays silent, still observing.

After a short straight, Dennis brakes and shifts 2 gears down. He enters the corner, taking the inside.

15144844018_9f0db218b1_c.jpg

However, the Europa Special proved its demanding nature to Dennis...

15331436935_fdca15f4d1_c.jpg

Dennis: "Whoa, this thing bites."

Rob: "Lightweight cars aren't always smiles and sunshine."

Dennis: "Last bend, here we go! Ooooh, it's not hugging the inside..."

15308398716_363e5613a7_c.jpg

Rob records a lap time of 57.8 seconds. He shakes his head.

Dennis: "How did I fare? Is it bad?"

15331125502_b38faaf933_c.jpg

The two stopped at the pit lane and get out of the car, to help themselves with drinks from the vending machine.

Rob: "You're two seconds slower than me. And I can see that you need work on your braking points and corner entry speeds."

Dennis: "Sorry, bro. I have yet to master driving a rear-wheel drive car."

Rob: "Don't get spoiled on four-wheel drive. Do you even have an idea what car this is? This is the one that decided on what our family would be. A family of racers. It won races across Europe, slaughtering the competition. It's a giant killer in its heyday.

And with that, it has to be treated with respect. This is...

...our family heirloom."

Dennis:
"Heirloom?"

Rob:
"Too bad you're attached like a barnacle on to mother, that you didn't spend time with our father. I have grown to love it, from the day I first saw this car."

Dennis: "I guess I have to drive this more often, then."

Rob: "You cannot. You don't deserve to drive this just yet. Look at your performance today. How are you supposed to conquer the Time Attack scene with skills like this?

Forgive me if I sound cruel, but you are rubbish. Ambitious, yet rubbish. You have to put a lot of effort with what you're doing. Competition has gotten tougher, and you have to toughen up if you want to keep your winning streak."

Suddenly, Rob's smartphone rings. It's his superior from MI6.

Rob: "Hello?"

Superior: "Do you have time? If so, head over to HQ. This will be of your interest. This is about Professor Bill Murray and his connection to Silverblade.

Plus some more information on Nina and Adrian Hanne."

Rob: "That's great news, sir. I'll be there shortly."

When the call ended, Rob gets back in the car.

Dennis: "Another lap?"

Rob: "No, take me to MI6. I am urgently needed."

Then they drive off, their conversation continued...

Dennis: "But actually, I'm getting more worried about you ever since you enlisted there."

Rob: "How many times I've told you? I'll be fine, and I can fend for myself. Don't bring up our mother worrying about me once again. I don't care a single bit about her."

Dennis:
"Could you at least let her know? She's genuinely worried."

Rob: "We meet often, right? Then why don't you report it to her? In our last meeting, I told her that I won't be seeing her anymore."

Dennis: "She's really apologetic."

Rob: "Don't tell me that rubbish ever again. It's trash. And if she is, then why does she keep seeing Bill? I can't even imagine what they're doing on the bed.

Could you please just take me there? Don't bring up our mother ever again, or else I won't help you in the championship."

Dennis complies, albeit in a gloomy mood.

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- With the part about the Hatch brothers again, this signifies that the next entry in the Takuma Gaiden II will be about them and the WTAC.

- I have posted the tune of Jintei's R34. I also need a volunteer for it.

The current arrangement for the final battle:

Me - Pagani Huayra

@AudiMan2011 - Nissan VGT

West Corvette C7 - ???
Jintei's R34 - ???

Page 6 - Counter Attack!

Okay.... so Iwasaki offered help in stopping the menace that is the mystery Nissan, completed by Kaido and with some help from Nissan's hand-picked engineers.

My personal agenda (and Takanori's as well) is to end the race with the unveiling the identity of the driver. He must be so skilled to defeat Iwasaki and Takanori in Route 5.

And so, two days later... work is just as normal as usual. I told Takanori of Iwasaki's plan...

Takanori: "Seems like a nice idea. I'd never thought Iwasaki would be desperate to beat that mysterious car too."

Takuma: "Though he told me that the alliance is just temporary. He still held on to his pride."

Takanori: "So, any news from him after that conversation?"

Takuma: "For the past two nights, he hasn't yet spotted that car. He'll give us a call immediately if he did, and he'll act as a diversion until we arrive."

Takanori: "Right!"

Nobuhiko: "I'd love to join in, but I still have this cast on my right arm."

Takuma: "Leave this to us. Besides, you haven't encountered it, have you?"

Nobuhiko: "But hearing stories of it gave me the itch. What's more, I won't be able to race in the upcoming championship...

...but at least I can prepare for fatherhood while I'm here."

Takuma: "That's better. Fatherhood is much tougher than a racing career."

Nobuhiko: "On to another topic, it seems that Oyaji sounded hesitant upon joining the championship. Plus, I saw the papers, and he hasn't signed them up yet."

Takanori: "I thought he did."

Nobuyuki: "You think it's a big gamble for him? Oyaji would not commence on a plan if he thinks it would end up in a loss."

Takuma: "So in short, that meeting became pointless..."

Nobuhiko: "I'm afraid I have to agree with Takuma-san here."

Time: 4 pm

While Kyoko is preparing for the usual afternoon tea with her husband, the telephone rings at the living room. Seeing that her husband is still upstairs, she picks it up instead.

Kyoko: "Hello?"

Rob: "Is Mr. Hiroyuki around? I wish to speak to him."

Kyoko: "He's here. I'll call him, so please wait for a while."

She heads upstairs to their room and wakes up her husband taking a nap.

Hiroyuki takes the call, while yawning.

Hiroyuki: "Hello?"

Rob: "Mr. Hiroyuki? I called here to ask for something. But it might be too much for you..."

Hiroyuki: "You are a member of Dream Alliance, so you have the liberty to ask."

Rob: "You see, Dennis needs financial help for the upcoming World Time Attack Championship. To be specific, a sponsor. Do you know any sponsor whom you're connected to?"

Hiroyuki: "No need for that. Why not me instead?"

Rob: "What?!? Ummmmm... I thought you're joining."

Hiroyuki: "Perish that thought. I haven't submitted the registration papers. Besides, I have a hunch that our little Elise won't stand a chance."

Rob: "So that means..."

Hiroyuki: "The Dream Alliance will sponsor your little brother. I shall send Takuma there, along with some of my mechanics."

Rob: "Thank you very much. Domo Arigatou."

Hiroyuki: "In exchange for that, the reason why I'll send Takuma, is that for back up. You are supposed to take care of the remaining robots, am I right? Let him help you. I must also know what is going on within Silverblade."

Rob: "Understood, the deal is perfect. I'm still on a lookout for Professor Bill Murray, and right now I can provide you new information.

He has just finished building a car, and he will use that for the WTAC. Once again, he worked in secret with some executives. Also, he is the man behind the Mitsubishi that Nicholas drove in the rally.

He is pulling all the strings right now, from the serum research to prototype cars."

Hiroyuki: "What about Dennis? Does he have a car for the purpose?"

Rob: "He already has. And he will participate in the Street Class."

Hiroyuki: "Good. Then I'll shoulder the tuning expenses. Tell him that."

Rob: "Once again, I express my fondest gratitude. You make this team a family for me, which I barely have. How I wish my father was still alive...."

Hiroyuki: "I only got to know your father through Sir Ben in the past, he was a promising racer and Sir Ben gave him pointers, critics, and praises. And I am happy that you are following his footsteps.

Now, you have to prepare yourself for the championship. Don't worry a single thing about expenses."

Time: 9 pm

Iwasaki once again heads out to Route 5, in hopes he can find the mystery Nissan and settle things once and for all.

Iwasaki: "Come out. Kaido, don't tell me that I intimidated you, for you not to send out your precious creation.

I'll make sure that it will be a waste of effort in your part."

And then finally, his long-awaited wish presents itself, as he sees his target at the tunnel.

Before his opponent can react, he jumps in front, commencing on the plan. Then he pushes the call button on his phone attached on the dashboard, calling Takuma.

15178143317_c37feef6a0_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Let the royal rumble begin."

He shifts down to 2nd gear, and then the two cars start off...

15178077128_aa0b738277_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Tonight, that rocketship will be sent crashing down! It will all be over!"

15364352212_f9749acee1_c.jpg

Time: 9 pm

Here I am, waiting for Iwasaki's call. But of course I'm not idling, as I help out Little Ben finish a project needed for school. With that taken care of, I put him to bed.

Huh?

My phone rings... and it's Iwasaki! It's a sign!

All right! Time to go! I changed my shirt and put on a pair of pants. I rushed down immediately and get in the Huayra.

Then I called on Takanori...

Takuma: "You gotta hurry, Takanori! Iwasaki finally found the mystery car! He's holding him off right now."

Takanori: "Understood! Good thing I'm still in Tokyo. I'll head up there now!"

Then, both of us meet, at Route 7 on our way to Route 5. We installed radio communication in our cars, including Iwasaki's.

15341646776_8a3a936e1b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Aniki, can you hear me?"

15177900279_d6c92fd5dd_c.jpg

Takuma: "Yes."

15178076108_03e8ac61bd_c.jpg

Takanori: "Let's do this! We'll gang up on him like there's no tomorrow! Time for some payback!"

Takuma: "Make sure you don't mess up. Your Corvette seems to be up to the task."

Let's go, Takanori. We will finally put an end to this mystery!

15178076378_d7a60a94b6_c.jpg

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The entire four-way battle is done, and special thanks to @AudiMan2011 @KazaMR2 and @MrUnknown for helping me out and making this possible.

- The only tedious thing left to do? PHOTOSHOP WORK. All those decals, license plates, car auras, along with HDR Toning adjustments. :lol:

Page 7 - A Kanonji Matter

While the Kanonji Twins have entered Route 5, Hiroyuki and Kaido are at Route 7, with the former driving his LFA.

The howl of the V10 engine echoes through the tunnel. However, Hiroyuki decided to return to cruising speeds.

15375118325_9deec5d61b_c.jpg

Kaido: "Hehehehehe.... so you backed off from the World Time Attack Championship."

Hiroyuki: "I am not interested in battles that only involve figures. True skill will come into play when one faces off against the other. That is one very important lesson I learned in my heyday.

Besides, I want to uplift the image of the Hatch Brothers. Plus, Nobuhiko is still injured."

Kaido: "Your son even wished to join tonight's showdown."

Hiroyuki: "Huh?"

Kaido: "Right now, as we speak, the Kanonji Twins are facing off that "mysterious" Nissan that I took part of its creation."

Hiroyuki: "What is this, you're testing them?"

Kaido: "I'm afraid what I only did is fine-tuning the car's performance, and that's it."

Hiroyuki: "So, who's driving it?"

Kaido: "We are very close friends, and I owe you so much. The driver specifically asked me not to reveal his identity, but it's bound to be revealed, anyway.

Hiroyuki, this is something that neither you nor your son should be involved with. It's only a Kanonji matter..."

Hiroyuki: "Kanonji matter?"

Kaido: "Who is the mystery man behind the wheel of the mystery Nissan? Allow me to tell you..."

Kaido mentions the name... and Hiroyuki shows a gasp on his face, and chills down to his spine.

15374821182_52188fc0b3_c.jpg

Kaido: "Speechless? Huh... that's not expected from you at all."

Hold on, Iwasaki... we're on our way. Your R34 GT-R should perform up to the task.

Iwasaki: "You have caused a stir in the street racing community, and I must put a stop on this!

Even if I had to resort asking help from the Kanonji Twins, I will take you down! And those two have fighting spirits that tremble even the deities of racing!"

15352113316_bfdb402cd6_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "The three of us will bring justice for all those who have fallen! Including myself."

15188432530_8882eabb54_c.jpg

All right, we see a speck of those two. Good job, Iwasaki. You have improved after all. Now, time for business!

Takanori: "Get ready, Batmobile!"

Takuma: "Batmobile?"

Takanori: "Well, it looks like one!"

15375117225_fd1660fb61_c.jpg

We're gaining on them. Looks like Iwasaki is finally overtaken.

15188538818_fcea89bbb6_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "It's not yet over, freak! It's one against three!

Kanonji Twins, it's your turn now!"

Roger that, Jintei. As if we find this easy.

As expected from Takanori, he is quick to jump in front and is hot on the heels of our opponent.

15352112376_5acf34da08_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hey, time for me to have payback! I won't let this pass easily!"

15188616567_7f79ce1dfb_c.jpg

Takanori: "Steady... steady... Can't afford to mess up at this very moment."

15188616317_aa0808a229_c.jpg

15374818992_6375f77536_c.jpg

All right, Takanori has the lead. But as for me... that ominous Nissan blocked my passing attempt at the hairpin, losing the Huayra's momentum and balance. Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it.

15371959081_2810a0a445_c.jpg

Takuma: "Shoot! I lost control..."

Iwasaki: "At least you got it back up to speed immediately. That Nissan would do everything to defend itself."

15188430580_9dbeaebfc9_c.jpg

Meanwhile, the mystery driver flicks the push-to-pass button. The KERS boost is activated once again.

Suddenly, at the main straight, the Nissan suddenly had a boost in speed! How is that possible?!? We're even gaining on it a while back...

Takanori: "Huh? Wait a second, why is that car having a sudden boost?"

And then behind me... Iwasaki makes his move.

Iwasaki: "I shall flick this switch. This shall settle everything in one go!"

15188536858_e37726a693_c.jpg

Iwasaki activates his car's scramble boost function. The two turbos spin even faster, providing more boost and power for it to gain more speed.

The R34 overtakes me, and then takes the lead at the end of the straight. However...

...I see black smoke coming out from its exhaust pipe as we enter the tunnel.

15371958181_a3762c910e_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "What?!? NO! Impossible!"

15188536398_530c878d48_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "This is the price of pursuing perfection. The engine overheated.

I hate to say this.... but it's all up to you now, Kanonji Twins. You have to stop that menace once and for all!"

He pulled over. So it's just Takanori and I versus the "Batmobile", as Takanori calls it...

Takuma: "All right, Takanori. Let's take it down by ourselves, the Kanonji Way!"

Takanori: "YEAH! We'll bust it up until it gives up! This might be the longest night of our lives!"

15188429500_433dfc207e_c.jpg

We are all fired up! And when we are in flames... nothing can stop us.

End of Page 7

Sierra Shootout Update:

Takuma's RE Amemiya FD3S - 8:53.680

Kokoro's Mazda RX-8 Type S - 8:52.604

Looks like Takuma will be doing the dishes after dinner... :lol:

I'm really curious on who is the mystery Nissan's driver!

Although how Hiroyuki went speechless after Kaido told him the driver's identity sorta made my spine chill....:scared:

Page 8 - The Letter

Looks like Iwasaki would not continue further, as his R34 surrendered under engine cooling issues. It's just between the Kanonji Twins and that mysterious car.

We will take it down the Kanonji Way - fight until the very end...

15367154366_e8603648b7_c.jpg

Thanks to the Huayra's explosive power, I managed to jump in the lead! All right!

Takuma: "Takanori! Let's do this! We'll gang up on him!"

Takanori: "I've been waiting for this!"

15389851952_808e4ddca5_c.jpg

However, that explosive power is also a double-edged sword.

15203590278_fd6f52422d_c.jpg

Dammit... I knew it. This car really loves to snap. But as long as this battle lingers, I will fight until the very end! That's the Kanonji Way!

Takanori: "I'm on him!"

15386999431_b0f5320926_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Nissan lost traction! This is our chance!"

15203493470_9eb6dc4dd7_c.jpg

We will never, ever let it go away! Time to step on it!

15203422949_c8cea63513_c.jpg

15203422549_7b32f7025a_c.jpg

And then I attacked the Nissan, by fishtailing it.

15203492710_baa575994a_c.jpg

So much for being a traction monster, huh. Are you really 4WD, as Takanori believed?

And then, we decided to not show mercy at all. Let's show our true power!

15203659467_501fdc747d_c.jpg

We are the Kanonji, always with flaming determination. When we are on fire, we burn everything on our path. We set the racing world ablaze!

NOTHING CAN STOP US!

15386997781_9c42700712_c.jpg

Suddenly, the Nissan slowed down. Engine problem too? Or perhaps conceding from the battle?

15203421819_0f05e9dfca_c.jpg

When we saw that it stopped, we parked our cars in the tunnel, and got out. We approach that car, as we think there is something wrong.

15367151856_72f4e7ceda_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hey! Hello? Something wrong?"

I reached for the door, and oddly enough, it's unlocked. Normally, drivers would lock the car doors, right?

The door opens up, butterfly-style. And then the driver is still sitting, holding on the steering wheel.

I have to check if he's okay. I think something bad happened...

Takanori: "That's weird. Why is he still holding on the wheel?"

When I tapped him.... I felt something creepy on his arm. It's hollow! It's very soft!

I decided to take off the helmet, to check if he's breathing, but when I did so...

Takanori: "WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! NO HEAD!!! WHAT IS THIS?!? A GHOST INSIDE A RACE SUIT?!?"

Another paranormal activity, but at least it's not as creepy as Nobuhiko's ghost driving. A hollow race suit?!?

When I lifted off the helmet further, a paper fell off. I read the message:

Dearest Takuma,

I have watched you over, even after the last time we met. I am really, really happy with what you achieved so far. With that, I have decided to get out of the limbo, even for a little while, I want to see you in action, I want to see your true abilities. Kaido, some of Nissan's top engineers, and I have collaborated to build this car, as a gift for you - to make up all the lost time that we should have spent together as father and son.

But when I found out about your recent slump, I have decided to use this car, as means of reaching out to you, to awaken the flames that you used to burn within you. I have experienced that in the past, and I just don't want to see my children experience that loss. Keep them burning, Takuma. You remind me of the young me, very ambitious and always a fighter. Get back there and ignite the world with your determination.

I have always loved you, and forever will. I am very proud of you and Takanori, for having achieved a lot, a lot more than I did.

I hope this car will bring you further. And it's painted in your favorite color - purple.

Farewell, for we may never meet again... but I will always watch over your victories from above. Keep those flames burning!

Your beloved father,
Michiharu Kanonji

Next thing that happened.... the paper got soaked with my tears. Oyaji... you...

Takanori: "There, there... I'm sure he misses you a lot, as much as we miss him. He's truly a great father for us."

Takuma: *sniff* Thank you... Oyaji. I know we haven't spent time together, but I very well know, that you made up everything you lost.

Don't worry, Oyaji. I'll keep this car, and shall use it to further my ambition!

I shall continue that path you once started, and....

...settle the rivalry that has been going on for decades, once and for all!"

Takanori: "Now that's the Takuma Kanonji I always know!"

I am all fired up once again. I'm back, baby! I'll take the racing world by storm once again! Oops...

...I mean I shall set the racing world ablaze! The black dragon shall blast out flames!

Takanori gets his smartphone and contacts Kaido.

Takanori: "Oh, hello? Kaido-san? Please come here, with your tow truck."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- One more page, and Dream Alliance 3 will end. Oh, I will update the OP soon as well, and add spoiler tags containing the link for this story and its chapters, as I will use this thread for all the Takuma Gaiden II entries.

- And a major announcement!

There will be another epic battle, but that will be in the not-so-distant future. It's a three-way showdown of Takuma Kanonji, Nobuhiko Hiramoto, and Rob Hatch!

I have decided to include that, but it will definitely happen after the Takuma vs. Nobuhiko battle.

The venue is still unknown, but I have started working on that epic battle. The cars?

Zonda R vs. FT-1 VGT vs. KTM X-BOW R!

But wait, there's more! That battle will not be scripted, so that means you can go all-out against me! The winner will be decided by YOU!

Well, my guess about the driver is a bit off :sly:

I actually thought the driver is a resurrected Michiharu......... close enough :rolleyes:

Anyways, nice chapter 👍

Back