Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

Are you using linked brakes? If so, try turning that off and only using the front brake.

The real Daytona has a basically non-existent rear brake, and in Ride2 using the rear brake on that bike really upsets corner entry. Might be a weight distribution thing.

The Honda is by far the easiest supersport bike to ride (and supposedly in real life, too), so its leaderboard dominance might not be reflective of pace so much as consistency.

I do actually use split brakes already. I wanted to learn that straight away instead of having to re-learn things later. I'm not sure the game recognizes any analog control on the rear brake button though. Don't know whether it could if I mapped it to a stick or trigger, but as it is I don't believe the X-Box pad it thinks I'm using has any other analog buttons anyway, even though my controller driver can recognize the pressure of my input.

I don't think I actually have much trouble with the rear brake on the Daytona, it seems to be much more forgiving than the others even with no ABS. The biggest problem with its braking for me is actually just that it doesn't like to stop at all. If I get in a hair too deep I can't ever get it back without locking the front and dropping the bike. When trying to save a corner I've overshot my best bet seems actually to get turning and then use just the rear brake, if I even touch the front it will just go straight to the wall as I suppose you'd expect.

Where the Daytona excels is in changing direction, so I can make adjustments to my line a lot easier(I've learned that seems to be the biggest weakness of the Kawasaki, other than low top end). That's why I've found it an easy bike to ride overall. As long as I don't get greedy on the way into the corners it's pretty easy to get it to do what I want it to do, even if I get a little off-line or forget the next little twist.

Still waiting on the Xbox patch here :/ They said the end of this week just past, but now they are saying the end of next week. Supposedly waiting on Microsoft approving it, but they aren't usually this slow.

Still waiting on the Xbox patch here :/ They said the end of this week just past, but now they are saying the end of next week. Supposedly waiting on Microsoft approving it, but they aren't usually this slow.

Being optimistic; on either devs or Microsoft end they may have found an issue and repaired it. That way we don’t get a patch that actually needs a patch afterwards, lol.

How is this game. All reviews seem good and then seem to be saying it’s ok. It might be worth it to get if price drops a little. But how does everyone like it.

It is everything positive sprinkled in with the small critiscism you’ve read on this specific forum.

It is one of my favorite game of 2018 so far. I love the Mountain and the multiple smaller circuits. All the bikes have a different feel (strengths and weakness), but so enjoyable to learn under high speeds, lol.

In most racing games, this one no different, I love running time trials on each track.

I'd say if you find the game interesting it's definitely worth picking up, certainly if you catch it on sale. It's not perfect by any means and will frustrate some people to quitting, but when you learn what to watch out for it is fun enough for time trialing(I've done virtually no racing). Lapping the Snaefell Mountain course is an addiction basically on the order of the Nordschleife, only with much more unforgiving bumps and really really hard things to hit.

Anyway.... I have finally ridden a clean lap! :)
An 18:50.673 on Derek McGee's YZF-R6. 11th time I've completed a lap with less than 10 crashes and only the 2nd time I've had less than 6. It seems once I goof a good lap, I tend to lose focus a bit and they start to add up quick.

I know I can go faster(though that was my record by a couple tenths), but the goal is to not crash and to not crash every time. Then I can worry about doing it in first-person. :P

I may have gone through the bikes in the wrong order though, or maybe I needed to learn the game's quirks and learn the track - and maybe a third or so of the bumps - in order to focus on how to drive each bike. It does seem the Honda is the best overall. Kawasaki has great acceleration but has a really hard time changing lean angle so you have to be right on top of things for each corner... and has a serious handicap to top speed. The Triumph can lean and twist and turn really well and is pretty easy to throw around, but it doesn't accelerate as well and doesn't stop too well either. The Yamaha also has pretty quick reactions, but for me seems to have by far the easiest time braking(stops good and is very easy to avoid locking). However the Yamaha does have the classic combination of poor acceleration and low top speed.

Those are of course just my current observations(mostly in line with the game's rating bars) and foolishly using no traction control or ABS or any other such things. There is some variation between each individual team's bikes too. I do think the Yamaha is probably the easiest to "just get around" with and the one I'd suggest learning on. Being able to use the brakes without crashing half the time is a big help. But I learned a lot before I tried it and would have probably thought it a nightmare if I drove it first. Probably never going to compete for good lap times though. Giving up 15mph+ on so much of the track kills that.

EDIT: Apparently that was a few tenths slower than my personal best of 50.292, not a few tenths faster as I thought I remembered a 50.9. Still a better lap.

Last edited:
Just been trying it now that the patch is out for the Xbox One. Nothing has changed where the physics of the bike are concerned as far as I can tell. There is one corner on the starting race (I started a new career to pick the Honda instead of the R6 that I had been using) and no matter how I approached it, some weird physics kicked in and the bike just did it's thing of veering off to the right with no way to correct/save it.

But further along there is a sweeping left hander where an A.I rider pushed me wide and I literally rode the whole corner flat out on the grass and the bike stayed upright. They seem to have no grasp of what is wrong and needs fixing.

Just been trying it now that the patch is out for the Xbox One. Nothing has changed where the physics of the bike are concerned as far as I can tell. There is one corner on the starting race (I started a new career to pick the Honda instead of the R6 that I had been using) and no matter how I approached it, some weird physics kicked in and the bike just did it's thing of veering off to the right with no way to correct/save it.

But further along there is a sweeping left hander where an A.I rider pushed me wide and I literally rode the whole corner flat out on the grass and the bike stayed upright. They seem to have no grasp of what is wrong and needs fixing.

So true. Controller sensitivity adjustments and rider animations are appreciated, but absolutely nothing has changed with the wonky rear wheel physics. Hope Kylotonn addresses those in future patches.

How can I stop yawing effect, from side to side, leading you too coming off.:boggled:

You can't really. This is the big problem with the physics at the moment. You should in theory be able to save a bike if it starts to lose control - although obviously it is a lot harder to do than it is in a car. But with this game, the bike just snaps away....there is no middle ground where yiu can feel it start to get loose and maybe do something to save it.

Really hope they pay attention to the complaints on Twitter. The trouble is, that their twitter feed is really quiet where any kind of feedback is concerned (both positive and negative) and my worry is that they simply ignore it because the majority of people either don't care, or aren't aware of how it could be massively improved.

If they could add some sort of feedback to let you know when the rear is starting to slide it might help a bit. As I've gotten better at keeping control I'm starting to notice the bike does slide a little bit and I can catch it(usually mostly by luck) but I've usually caught it before I even realize it was breaking loose, as you don't have much time.

If the tire made I don't know, some sort of squealing or skidding sound when that happened, or perhaps some sort of rumble in the controller, it might help people to react in time. As it is we basically just have a useless rumble constantly telling me that I am in fact driving down the road. You'd probably never be able to notice if you aren't using a chase camera.

The other thing that kills me is the way in certain places(like at the sweep to the right just before the left at the top of Barregarrow) where if you brake even a little, or sometimes it seems if you just happen to be on the wrong square foot of track, it will just swerve you off to the side in a very odd way. It doesn't tend to make me lose control, but it usually kicks me right into a wall or a rock. It might just be bumps but it seems a little strange in a few places.

For that one spot at Barregarrow I've given up on even braking, I just coast through the right and the left turn is fairly easy. Seems you could be much faster by braking but I crash at least 9 out of 10 times I try. There might be a line where it works if you time it perfectly but that's one bump I can't seem to find a way over. Come to think of it, the movement it makes is pretty similar to what happens in the fast turn before the tight Quarterbridge corner(except that one moves you to the outside, Barregarrow moves you to the inside). That one I've been able to manage by turning a little earlier and straightening the bike up a bit as you hit the crest of the hill... but it's a lot easier to see where and why you have to be careful there.

My steering sensitivity is now 40 pk500 all dead zones 0, so have a go with that.

At Barregarrow try staying to the left, feel bike bottom out, go out to the right, in 3 gear.
I'm still having trouble getting it right, between Ginger Hall, Ramsey, think bumps are big part, when we come off.

I think have too anticipate them, where they are round the course.

Here's a lap guide by John McGuiness

Have they altered the A.I difficulty as well? I must admit I'm not finding the Honda any different to the R6 really. Still falling in the same places, but now having changed the game to east, I can't actually catch up the A.I anymore once I have fallen.

Before this update I was playing on normal and always managed to catch some of the a.i riders up after coming off, but now I'm nowhere.

I think I need to walk away from it for now, as it is too frustrating knowing that you aren't ever fully in control of the bike because of bad physics.

My steering sensitivity is now 40 pk500 all dead zones 0, so have a go with that.

At Barregarrow try staying to the left, feel bike bottom out, go out to the right, in 3 gear.
I'm still having trouble getting it right, between Ginger Hall, Ramsey, think bumps are big part, when we come off.

I think have too anticipate them, where they are round the course.

Here's a lap guide by John McGuiness

On another note, so bummed it looks like McGuinness and Anstey won't race in the TT this year. Gutting. My two favorites!

Anyone else getting crashes when restarting? Happened the last three times I've done it, I'm finding it a game killer, as I'm not playing it much. Seems to happen the most on Hertfordshire circuit.

The only time I've restarted was in time attack mode on Snaefell Mountain --more times than I'd care to admit-- and that never had any issues. I've been running career mode lately but trying very hard and so far sticking to a never-restart policy despite not having practice sessions(and boy am I taking some lumps for it :) ).

Taking a break from racing so I have some time to write a typical TL;DR post.

Some career mode observations after about a season and a half:

I don't have a problem with the way the career is generally set up overall, as long as you do eventually get invited to the big dance. The devs said in the patch notes they made it easier to get invitations to the TT event, so hopefully that will come as I progress. The tracks are all pretty and okay to drive(most are less bumpy than the big track). Most races are pretty short, but some of them can be much longer. You can make money quite quickly if you ride fairly well and don't crash, but there is at least some risk of career failure if you wreck too much without some wins to pay for the repairs. It has a section in your budget for Repairs but actual bike repair costs seem to all be filed as Maintenance. It would be nice if you got a message to let you know you've unlocked a manufacturer discount or unlocked the other bikes at the shop - as it is you just have to go check for yourself.

I did have one issue where I accidentally accepted a superbike event and I wasn't able to change it back to the supersport option(actually I did, but then switched back to superbike and it got stuck) so I had to withdraw from that one. I also am the extreme opposite of a big fan of the game saving your progress every lap(and every section on Snaefell Mountain). It is a completely unwanted feature for me, and you can restart every race anyway(most are pretty short to boot) so I don't see the need. I'm not sure if it's like this for everybody, but in my case the game briefly freezes when it saves - sometimes for just a tenth of a second, sometimes longer, very occasionally for a full second or more. Has already caused me at least one crash and even when it doesn't I find it very off-putting. That's about it for my main complaints, notwithstanding the AI sometimes running you over(sometimes avoiding you quite well) or trying to turn through you or being really slow when unfortunately right in front of you. Bots will be bots.

I am finding it incredibly difficult to get a gauge on how fast the AI is going to be on any track in career so far. Their overall times for each race can easily vary by upwards of 30 seconds for each rider/bike. I can only see their fastest laps if I don't have a faster one, but those seem to vary greatly too. Even for the same bike/rider. I've recorded an awful lot of numbers for the various tracks but I haven't been able to learn much about how fast to expect them to be. I'm not sure I've even seen how fast they can really go at a lot of places. I'm not seeing much clear difference between rank B and C events, either in pace or in what riders show up.

It does say that each rider has their own skill levels, but I'm seeing huge variations even among the [I think] lower-skilled riders(I know some of the real-world faster riders but I'm no expert on the road racing scene). To the point that I'll be able to just eat them up in one race and be only a little faster on a good lap in another. I had James Hillier in one event destroy everybody and run 10 seconds faster per lap than anyone else had in earlier races, but then a later event at the same track a guy who I've generally destroyed(Kenny Parov) ran only about 2 seconds off that pace. The one time I saw Michael Dunlop he was waaaaay at the back.

I've definitely noticed that in multi-round events they are nearly always dramatically quicker in the later rounds than the first one. It also seems like they are usually easier to beat in TT-style events than in races, even accounting for the fact I'm much more experienced on the Snaefell TT stages than the other tracks(I'm usually at least close to the top in all TTs). They unfortunately seem generally terrible at most sections of Snaefell Mountain. I've never yet seen a top 3-4 overall TT event time come from any group other than the one I was in, although I have seen the best time for an individual bike be much faster than that bike's best in my group.

Other than that top overall result observation, I'm not sure I've noticed any particular pace difference between the riders in my group and the ones from other groups(who's times are obviously faked). I'd like to assume that the riders in my group are more or less "real" times taken from their actual AI-driven runs, but only the rider immediately before me starts the race from the start line, so there is obviously a certain amount of fakery happening if I start late in my group.

I've only been given one full-lap TT at Snaefell Mountain so far(one lap training) and I did pretty good at that, only 3 crashes and won by a mile. There's a lot of 2-3 section TT runs there. Almost all of my wins have come on that track because I still crash too much at the others. I think I've only won one individual mass-start race. I've led a couple multi-round TT events but always blow it. I did just now technically win one TT event, but it was a stupid and unusual one that shouldn't count. It was a one-round TT against only one other rider and he was horrid. I drove one of my poorest recent races, crashed multiple times and gained 15 seconds on him on my one good third lap to win. All of the other TT events have had from 5-30 opponents.

This is all on Supersport bikes with difficulty on Medium. I've read that the difficulty doesn't actually affect their performance, so I did do one quick test on a short race in quick race mode and they were much tougher, both on track and on the timing sheet, on Expert than they were on Medium, but with as much variance as I've seen in career that might not mean a lot. Or maybe the difficulty just doesn't affect career mode, I've never changed it there.

Great information thanks. I’m definitely going to try this out if it’s on sale it’s a defent Buy but might even grab it soon fir full price.

crooky John McGuinness still injured from crash, North West 200. Bruce Anstey has cancer, Ian Hutchinson, broke his leg at last years TT.

I have a Pro not if it does maybe someone else answer.

Are they all injured then?

Also just for clarification does the PS4 Pro version run at 30fps?
I didn't notice a difference in framerate between the standard and the Pro; plus there was that post showing the different platform settings taken from a config file in the PC version. It states that both PS4 versions run at 30 fps by default.

Okay, looking at it a bit further yesterday and today I am starting to see that rank B races do seem to tend to be a bit faster than rank C as you would hope. Still tough to be sure as their times vary so much.

Still not 100% sure if crashes contribute to Maintenance costs... it varies a lot but it might be as much to do with how long the race is than how much I crash. Bad crashes do seem to affectmy handling for the rest of that race though unless I'm imagining it.

Also I'm pretty convinced slipstreaming is absent.

Devs posted this on their Facebook:

31037526_370979323419792_5551107795421495296_o.jpg

I'm trying to find the camera coords with Cheat Engine for a free camera to take photomode style screens but everything I try is freezing the game :mad:

Also, I can't remember if it was in here or on racedepartment, but somebody wanted longer races on the short circuits. With the attached Cheat Engine file you can increase the lap count, money (PC version).

Attachments

• TouristTrophy.zip
    549 bytes · Views: 9
How is everyone enjoying the option of adjusting controller sensitivities, deadzones, etc.?

Would anyone like to list there adjustments and time improvements following their adjustments.

I’m good on default so far, but if a tweak here and there will improve my lap times, I’m all in!

If I’m correct, the sidecar DLC is coming this month.

Now, I wonder if their will be further updates to the game as well. Still enjoy this game very much.

*What is everyone current favorite bike?

*Best time on the mountain?

*Favorite track other than the mountain?

Back