Tame the Mountain: TT Isle of Man Launches March 6 on Consoles

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 12, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

torque99, John Wells, MeanElf and 2 others like this.
  2. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

Yeah, it can look pretty and accurate but how does it handle?

This is the crux for me.:dopey:

It does look awesome though. :tup:

John Wells likes this.
  3. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Is this going to be a 60 frames per second game?, thats the deal cruncher for me..

4. Xtrmgamer1972

Xtrmgamer1972

the cruncher deal for me is at least 30fps

5. Doomotron

Doomotron

They've made this, so now it's time for TDU3...

VR6syncro and zaxs like this.
  6. MXH

MXH Premium

Alan posted a fairly extensive preview of what to expect. The fictional tracks look pretty damn good to me.
    Definitely going to pick this one up once it releases.

7. oneloops

oneloops

Thanks for the video :)

Cornering seems to be rather accurate, instead of waiting bored in the middle of the corners like other motorbikes games do, here it seems to be very enjoyable going through corners once you have a smooth pad control...

In the other hand, the motorbike is too much "atracted to be vertical", I think a smoother agility should be more realistic, at this point PD TT was great.

Modern bikes are really agile in changing direction, here bikes are a little too "rigid" in my opinion...

8. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Does look impressive actually, i want to see what a proper replay looks like aswell...

John Wells likes this.
  9. mekonrider

mekonrider

I bet McGuiness is rubbish at playing it! ;)

Life's odd like that sometimes. I have a friend that raced motorbikes at national level but he's garbage at driving games. I've got a proper frame, wheel, shifter and bucket seat but he just couldn't get into it at all, despite being pretty fast in a real car as well. He's way faster than me in real life but I'll smoke him digitally.

wigs2009 and John Wells like this.
  10. Judging Allans comment on YouTube. It is Cleary arcade physics, the animations look terrible. Thought they'd put more effort in that area considering the efforts in the environment. Visually it looks great and that fantasy course looks good too.

11. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

I played it around three months ago and the physics are definitely not arcadey

imported_rik19 likes this.
  12. Well thats goof to here. Makes me wonder why Allan would suggest otherwise.

13. MXH

MXH Premium

It's undoubtedly on the arcade side physics wise.

lancia delta hf likes this.
  14. Whilst I was never in doubt that this would not be aiming to be the most realistic handling game ever, Allan suggests it's arcade compared to Ride2. That must mean it's proper arcadey.

15. Fryto

Fryto

The movements of the bike and rider look very odd to me. I think it's because the image is centered on the bike instead of the rider.
    Something else I don't like are the washed out graphics of the road surface. Pretty much the same issue as Project CARS has.

Other than that, the TT course seems to be a very detailed rendition.

16. MXH

MXH Premium

Found another video (in french). See the replay options around at the nine minute mark.

MeanElf and imported_rik19 like this.
  17. 4 minutes of replay @13 minute mark.

18. MildAshers

MildAshers Premium

Can’t wait for this. Looks great and sounds like it plays well. The fantasy tracks are a very good addition as well and they look great too. I think that’s been helped by them being based on real roads.

Regards the sim v arcade argument. It’s very clear it’s in the middle. If you watch Alan’s run without assists he can barely get off the lines and keep the bike in control. As he said though, turning assists off isn’t always the most realistic way to play as the real riders lean on wheelie control and traction control like you wouldn’t believe. To me it looks like it’ll sit just behind ride 2 but will be more realistic than drive club bikes.

Bear in mind that part of the reason we haven’t had a tt game since ps2 era is probably because they sold badly, and that will have been down to how difficult they were for causal gamers to play. Games like this have to be playable for a wide range of people if it’s going to have a chance at not just selling well, but reviewing well to a broad range of people to sell as well.

torque99, MeanElf, MXH and 4 others like this.
  19. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Looks great, imagine if we had this track on GT sport aswell wow, I know people said they saw polyphony at the track a while back..

Bossix84 and wigs2009 like this.
  20. I imagine it would be flat as a pancake lol.

Scaff, John Wells and imported_rik19 like this.
  21. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Hope there`s a photomode aswell :)

torque99 and lancia delta hf like this.
  22. I'm going to assume there is.

torque99 and imported_rik19 like this.
  23. Tyger

Tyger

Flat but still kinda fun/terrifying

[​IMG]

John Wells likes this.
  24. MeanElf

MeanElf

Amen to that. Very important details, especially nowadays with higher budgets, fickle reviewers playing to their base crowd and hardcore vs casual gamer snobbery all being the enemy, not the game. It looks like a lot of fun and if the physics is managed for between the two player groups al lá the way we've seen with Driveclub, then it should do well.

I tweeted them but haven't had a reply...hopefully though that just means they're dead busy. It would be criminal for no photo mode with all that track side detail and realism in the crashes etc.

25. torque99

torque99 Premium

I'm going take a wild guess there will not be a photo mode in this game and replays only :tup: I think they would have shown it off by now in the videos and replied to @MeanElf (I hope I am wrong of course) :sly:

P.S Ride1+2 handled pretty well on the controller with the options it gave for stability as did MotoGP and MXGP series so it can be done for the casual gamer.

26. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Just pre-ordered it, and i'm taking 6th March off work, not telling the wife that bit though. Ha ha.

27. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Oh no, I`ve just seen VVV`s latest video, and alan mentioned the sense of speed etc, he said it was fine as he`s been playing a 60 frames per second game, but it`s going to be 30 frames per second on consoles.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hoping for 60 frames per second on the ps4 pro?

John Wells and torque99 like this.
  28. [
    Damn, seams Consoles just can't get away from this no matter how many gens we get through.

imported_rik19 and torque99 like this.
  29. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

I hope they put a demo out so i can try it, because of this 30 frames thing im not gonna buy it...I wanted this aswell..

lancia delta hf likes this.
  30. After watching VVV latest video, I'm seriously doubting this now. You can't even select replay camera, it cycles randomly.

John Wells and imported_rik19 like this.