Tame the Track With Ford at Gamescom 2017 and Win Big

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 10, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Double Ayyys

Double Ayyys

Pretty interesting. I drive a '14 Focus ST (FWD; 252hp / 272tq) and when I use the '09 Focus RS (FWD Euro Model; 300hp / 325tq) in Project Cars I put down some mean lap times because the car handles as I have experienced in my own real car. Too bad they don't have events like these in my neck of the woods nor do I own an XBox or gaming PC (ps4 pro for the time being). Oh well. With the wave of new sim vs real or just sim racing events catching headwind as of late all I can say is I'm happy the newfound respect being given to the multitude of racing titles from more than just the gaming family.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. Double Ayyys

Double Ayyys

After commenting on this iRacing announced it will have a booth at my local dirt track Knoxville, IA. 45 minute drive and can get down on one of their rigs and some will be fitted with the Oculus. :)

4. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

I'm looking into to buying a '17 Focis RS next year. It's hard finding one with 19" Painted Forged wheels with summer tires, RS2 Package, without the sunroof though. Kind of a hard combination to come by in Nitrous Blue in the states from what I've seen.

5. Double Ayyys

Double Ayyys

There is one on a lot in my area here stateside (Iowa). It was ordered and the person who ordered it tried to negotiate a price and the dealer didn't budge so the guy bought a new STI instead.

Attached Files:

6. jm79

jm79

This is a great idea. Would work online just as well, without having to rely on being at gamescom...
    Has that been attempted before...?

7. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Pitting a real car against a digital car? Clarkson did it with a Honda NSX on Top Gear several years back. I'm sure others have done it too, I'm just not sure.

jm79 likes this.
  8. jm79

jm79

I meant in an online game-y sense...

Like a "Here's X's time with this car at Y track in our game, try and beat it!"

9. Famine

Famine Administrator

Gran Turismo 5 had a live race-off between gamers (including @daan) and David Coulthard in an SLS AMG at the Top Gear Test Track.

A special Seasonal Event followed with the same event.

jm79 likes this.
  10. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

Thanks for the heads up!!

11. jm79

jm79

Pretty awesome, didn't know about that.
    Hopefully there'll be more of this stuff in the future...