Tandem Logic.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 349 comments
I could not agree more with your description for the lead car. I cannot tell you how irritating it is to have the lead car pull a reverse entry when I'm trying to tandem with them. I usually will forgive the first time, but if they keep trying their "amazing" reverse entry, two things are going to happen: (A) I will overtake you or (B) I will ram the hell out of you. It just depends on my mood. :sly:

I've been playing long enough to know who the "reverse" entry guys are and when I tandem with them, I know to give them more room. :sly:

You made some really great points Dom! Everything you describe is 100% accurate.

:( i feel guilty

The problems I have with tandems are transitions and slowing down for slower drifters. I setup a primitive e-brake but this helps only a little. How is it that you guys pull off those door-to-door drifts, slow down for the transition, and catch the leader again at the apex?

The problems I have with tandems are transitions and slowing down for slower drifters. I setup a primitive e-brake but this helps only a little. How is it that you guys pull off those door-to-door drifts, slow down for the transition, and catch the leader again at the apex?

100% experience and anticipation :) Nothing else. Just practice a lot, and learn a car to it's limits. Also, we don't transition like that in the first lap. We also learn the other guy's handling skills, lines etc :)

But don't make a mistake or slow down too much, some people would throw a tantrum. :lol:

Miss, if you keep ****ing up transitions over the distance of 4 laps, and still cutting people of when they try to pass you, yes they might get annoyed. This is basically about failing at the leading part.

+ It was you that 'threw a tantrum' because I was honest to the last person in the tandems.

DarkAvengerZR1
Then deal with it, i don't have to "let" you pass. Or do i?

In a normal tandem you should. It is common courtesy.

In a tandem battles you technically shouldn't do anything that would influence a crash. I am guilty of this sometimes too. But i try to make it fare

Then deal with it, i don't have to "let" you pass. Or do i?

You do, unless you want to sound like the biggest and most self-centered 🤬. But good to know, next time I'll just put you in the sand/wall. Or, when I'm hosting just kicking you.

You do, unless you want to sound like the biggest and most self-centered 🤬. But good to know, next time I'll just put you in the sand/wall. Or, when I'm hosting just kicking you.

It is a track, everyone is driving, why should i stop drifting to let a car that is behind overtake? You wait up and let me get a distance. That is common-sense. Just simple track logic, who is behind, and eventually is faster, is the one responsible on find a better way and overtake safelly, not put the car and hope that the car ahead leaves you room. Anyone who ever raced knows it.

When you are hosting, i won't even join, so, you can be relaxed. Ok darling?

In a normal tandem you should. It is common courtesy.

In a tandem battles you technically shouldn't do anything that would influence a crash. I am guilty of this sometimes too. But i try to make it fare
That is the case, in tandem you should not overtake either, it is not the point of it. But she said she wasn't tandeing, so, i shouldn't stop drifting to let she overtake.

It is a track, everyone is driving, why should i stop drifting to let a car that is behind overtake? You wait up and let me get a distance. That is common-sense. Just simple track logic, who is behind, and eventually is faster, is the one responsible on find a better way and overtake safelly, not put the car and hope that the car ahead leaves you room. Anyone who ever raced knows it.

1) Simple respect and common sense.
2) If I should wait for all cars to get a distance, I'd be standing still most of the time. You need to leave a bit of a gap to let people pass safely.
3) When someone tries a pass, a safe one, don't cut them off. That's rude and immature.
4) This isn't racing, this is drifting. Not every rule in racing, applies to drifting. Which you knew if you were any decent.

2) If I should wait for all cars to get a distance, I'd be standing still most of the time. You need to leave a bit of a gap to let people pass safely.
3) When someone tries a pass, a safe one, don't cut them off. That's rude and immature.
4) This isn't racing, this is drifting. Not every rule in racing, applies to drifting. Which you knew if you were any decent.

I did not cut anyone off, i just kept the line. If you have to wait most of the time, it is not my problem, go drift somewhere else, or better yet, if you want an open road, drift offline. Now the physics are the same.

What you know about simple respect and common sense? Lol I will not even comment about that, seriously. All you care about is your "status" in a videogame. :lol:

Edit: I am done replying. You can continue talking.

Edit 2: Just a curious detail, yesterday, Natty overtook me many times while drifting, i kept the line, yet she managed to overtake in the correct place, without touch my car. So... yes, it is possible, just learn on how to do so.

Last edited:
I did not cut anyone off, i just kept the line. If you have to wait most of the time, it is not my problem, go drift somewhere else, or better yet, if you want an open road, drift offline. Now the physics are the same.

What you know about simple respect and common sense? Lol I will not even comment about that, seriously. All you care about is your "status" in a videogame. :lol:

Edit: I am done replying. You can continue talking.

Edit 2: Just a curious detail, yesterday, Natty overtook me many times while drifting, i kept the line, yet she managed to overtake in the correct place, without touch my car. So... yes, it is possible, just learn on how to do so.

You're such an ignorant person, it's insane. I don't care about my 'status', I just know what people should and shouldn't do. And frankly, I was in a slower car then yours, I take it Natty was in an FD? But that's besides the point... You act like a child when it comes to courtesy. You should better change that, and quick. A lot of people don't like self-centered drivers.

I've drifted with dom plenty of times to know that she is a very respectful drifter on the track. She always leaves you room for mistakes and is pretty capable of keeping it door door

DGambino1
I could not agree more with your description for the lead car. I cannot tell you how irritating it is to have the lead car pull a reverse entry when I'm trying to tandem with them. I usually will forgive the first time, but if they keep trying their "amazing" reverse entry, two things are going to happen: (A) I will overtake you or (B) I will ram the hell out of you. It just depends on my mood. :sly:

I've been playing long enough to know who the "reverse" entry guys are and when I tandem with them, I know to give them more room. :sly:

You must hate driving behind me :lol: ;)

Last edited:
I've drifted with dom plenty of times to know that she is a very respectful drifter on the track. She always leaves you room for mistakes and is pretty capable of keeping it door door

Round 3 u.u , yesterday was fun drift milena ^^ (My Panda FD Fast? MUAHAHA)

Yeah right. Your panda? Panda's don't drift -.- So seriously... Go troll somewhere else and leave the thread be if you have nothing decent to add.

Yeah right. Your panda? Panda's don't drift -.- So seriously... Go troll somewhere else and leave the thread be if you have nothing decent to add.

I'm talking with milena not with u child,and is my Rx7 FD (Panda Tittle) so $hut up dude =)

I agree. Oh wait...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267247

Yea.... Nevermind I think they have every right to.

They have no right to. I voiced an opinion on the other thread. What these 2 are doing is trying to make other people look stupid, which isnt allowed by the AUP.

Write up pretty cool though for drift trains though, but I don't think it would be fun to twin drift (2 cars) without some mistakes but I'm kinda noob so yea. Just my opinion.

Yeah, just an opinion indeed. Errors are no problem, failing nearly on purpose is.

I always try to pull a 90 degree entry at the last corner at tsukuba with my friend because its fun. We always mess up unless we get lucky.

If its a problem to mess up on purpose (giving the fact we know we can't pull it off so I'm just guessing its on purpose) but were having fun.

I don't know what drifting is anymore XD.

Let us see here...

Give respect and you'll receive it.

Another one perhaps.

You're such an ignorant person, it's insane. I don't care about my 'status'

Yet notice how you let your accepted comments by other known people in the forum it tends to go to your head and you become a child when someone disagrees with your views.

Let us have some more.

Gonales
You act like a child when it comes to courtesy.

I think you just need to look over your own posts before making such a comment.

Round 4?

Gonales
You should better change that, and quick. A lot of people don't like self-centered drivers.

Really? You ask someone to make room for you when you insist in the OP that one shouldn't do such things? You're being hypocritical and not going by your own words. Again look over your own posts.

Oh the Drifting Forum, what a mess.

Let us see here...

Give respect and you'll receive it.

Another one perhaps.

She lost my respect when she started acting like a stuck up bitch, because apparently explaining why you brake check someone is considered offensive.

Yet notice how you let your accepted comments by other known people in the forum it tends to go to your head and you become a child when someone disagrees with your views.

Let us have some more.

Go to my head? Seriously? If someone makes a nice statement I thank them for it, nothing more nothing less. Get real -.-

I think you just need to look over your own posts before making such a comment.
Round 4?

I know what I write, and I know she has no decent comeback to the question what the hell she is doing in this thread anyway? She is the one acting like a child, not me.

Really? You ask someone to make room for you when you insist in the OP that one shouldn't do such things? You're being hypocritical and not going by your own words. Again look over your own posts.

Oh the Drifting Forum, what a mess.

Ofcourse, when someone their drifting is below par, you move out of the way of the tandems that come up behind, thats simply ****ing logical. Or do you agree with her, and messing up tandems on purpose is considered mature, and bu all means a good thing to do?

LOL!!! I wasn't naming names... :sly:

hahahahahahaha!! I seriously laughed when I read all your posts!!

Actually, that is exactly what the thread was about. Making people aware of their driving style, and just think about it. If people come to realise to change certain things, the better it is :D

She lost my respect when she started acting like a stuck up bitch, because apparently explaining why you brake check someone is considered offensive.

You may actually just be accusing her of brake checking when it never really occurred. You might have been going a little too fast.

Gonales
Go to my head? Seriously? If someone makes a nice statement I thank them for it, nothing more nothing less. Get real -.-

I see you haven't looked at your posts then.

Gonales
I know what I write, and I know she has no decent comeback to the question what the hell she is doing in this thread anyway? She is the one acting like a child, not me.

Perhaps because it's a public forum where we are allowed to post wherever we want unless told otherwise?

Gonales
Ofcourse, when someone their drifting is below par, you move out of the way of the tandems that come up behind, thats simply ****ing logical. Or do you agree with her, and messing up tandems on purpose is considered mature, and bu all means a good thing to do?

So now you're taking the high horse stance which shows things have gone to your head. Faster car does not mean better driver. And then you think that messing up a tandem is suddenly an intentional act. Maybe I should "get real" as well.

You may actually just be accusing her of brake checking when it never really occurred. You might have been going a little too fast.
Thing is, i will explain.

Open room, Gonales with a S14 '96, i had my Soarer 2.5 GT-T... drifting, everyone tandeing with everyone. I indeed made a mistake, while i was leading a 3 car tandem. Happens, mistakes happens. Gonales had to brake a bit harder, the guy behind crashed and posted in the room chat:

" - Dom -.- "

Then, Gonales went all: " - Don't blame me! Blame the bad tandem leader." Which means, me. Ok, fine, after read that, i let she take the lead and i got behind the group. After just one lap, just one, Gonales park her car off the road and start saying:

" You guys clearly don't have a car to follow me, please leave me alone and bla bla bla. "

I told her to stop complain and relax, after all it is just a game, and i haven't even touched her car. Then she went mad and started offending. Tried to talk to her in facebook either, did not worked, as you guys can see, it is still going. And i doubt it will ever get settled.

The brake indeed happened, excuse me if i made a mistake while drifting.

Back