Tandem Logic.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 349 comments
Thing is, i will explain.

Open room, Gonales with a S14 '96, i had my Soarer 2.5 GT-T... drifting, everyone tandeing with everyone. I indeed made a mistake, while i was leading a 3 car tandem. Happens, mistakes happens.

First, you Forced yourself into the tandems multiple times. Then, you are extremely inconsistent, making a couple of mistakes every lap. That, is just not done imo.

Yes, Mistakes happen. But knowing that you WILL make a couple of mistakes every lap and still blocking other people from passing...

Gonales had to brake a bit harder, the guy behind crashed and posted in the room chat:

" - Dom -.- "

Then, Gonales went all: " - Don't blame me! Blame the bad tandem leader." Which means, me. Ok, fine, after read that, i let she take the lead and i got behind the group.

A bit harder? I had to come to full stop a couple of times. The guy behind me got annoyed, so I said: Blame the bad lead car. Then you started acting all childish, going "mimimimi", as if I was someone annoying that didn't deserve to make that comment. Yes, you finally let me take the lead, and when I got too far away, you wait a lap, till you can hang on my ass again. But it didn't work.

After just one lap, just one, Gonales park her car off the road and start saying:

" You guys clearly don't have a car to follow me, please leave me alone and bla bla bla. "

I told her to stop complain and relax, after all it is just a game, and i haven't even touched her car.

I said: If you can't keep up or tandem with me, please leave me alone. You got very offensive then, claiming I was annoying, and had my head in the clouds.

Then she went mad and started offending. Tried to talk to her in facebook either, did not worked, as you guys can see, it is still going. And i doubt it will ever get settled.

The brake indeed happened, excuse me if i made a mistake while drifting.

I went mad because you started saying random 🤬, in my own lobby. Plus the fact that you had some guys who obviously had to pick sides. So I needed to kick you and a couple of them.

Moral of the story: Don't know what you're doing? Don't mess up tandems because you're egocentric. I won't tolerate that. Not in my lobbies.

You may actually just be accusing her of brake checking when it never really occurred. You might have been going a little too fast.

I never did. Don't assume you know what's going on. And no, I may not have been going too fast. IF I do, I realise and apologise, simple.

I see you haven't looked at your posts then.

How can I not look at my posts? I'm typing them aren't I? Anyway, I made a decent thread, and she comes in calling ME a bad drifter. Well, I know I'm not the best but I will certainly kick her ass any day. I'm not bad, I'm average. Which can't be said about her.

Perhaps because it's a public forum where we are allowed to post wherever we want unless told otherwise?

Perhaps because she is looking for trouble to begin with? :/

So now you're taking the high horse stance which shows things have gone to your head. Faster car does not mean better driver. And then you think that messing up a tandem is suddenly an intentional act. Maybe I should "get real" as well.

She had the faster car, although she couldn't handle it. And yes, messing up tandems IS intentional if you have no clue about how to control your car and cutting off the tandem leader. Maybe you should. Do you even know me? How I drift? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonales
She had the faster car, although she couldn't handle it. And yes, messing up tandems IS intentional if you have no clue about how to control your car and cutting off the tandem leader. Maybe you should. Do you even know me? How I drift? Probably not.

Just because someone doesn't know how to (by your standards) properly tandem is in no way an intentional act. I don't think you know what intentional means.

Just because someone doesn't know how to (by your standards) properly tandem is in no way an intentional act. I don't think you know what intentional means.

Deliberate, willful, knowing... If you don't know how to do something, and people have made it blatantly clear they wish to be left alone...

Do you even know what you're talking about? Being left alone has nothing to do with it.

You weren't there, you don't know me, and you are making ****loads of assumptions. Get the **** out of here dude. DO I know what I'm talking about? YES I do! Being left alone had everything to do with it, her ignoring a polite request a couple of times and ****ing up other people their drifting, has everything to do with it. :/

To be honest. Won't mention any names but there is a few people on gtp that lack patience which now i hardly ever drift with them (thank god). Yes mistakes happen. No one is perfect. But i don't no how you can do mistakes deliberately.

To be honest. Won't mention any names but there is a few people on gtp that lack patience which now i hardly ever drift with them (thank god). Yes mistakes happen. No one is perfect. But i don't no how you can do mistakes deliberately.

I never said making mistakes deliberately, I said: Intentionally breaking up tandems. Yes people make mistakes. But when you're not used to a car, you don't dive in front of a couple of people that are tandeming awesomely, and keep blocking them.

You weren't there, you don't know me, and you are making ****loads of assumptions. Get the **** out of here dude. DO I know what I'm talking about? YES I do! Being left alone had everything to do with it, her ignoring a polite request a couple of times and ****ing up other people their drifting, has everything to do with it. :/

Knock off the petty pissing match or there won't be a thread to complain in.

You don't like the way someone acted in your room? Don't invite them again and it's just as simple as that.

That doesn't mean it was on purpose. Mistakes are accidents after all. Accident =/= Purposefully

When you know something will happen =/= accident. So, it IS purposefully.

Knock off the petty pissing match or there won't be a thread to complain in.

You don't like the way someone acted in your room? Don't invite them again and it's just as simple as that.

No offence sir, but this thread was fine untill she came in.

I don't get the road rage that this thread has inflamed...Gonales(or Dom, I'm not sure if that is a moniker of familiarity or not, I'm more accustomed to your "nyordia" PSN), your OP made stellar points; it's a veritible conglomeration of what the skilled drifters of GTP have been saying for two years now. I get the frustration of perfecting a tandem train with other drivers lap after lap, only to have someone "less skilled" jump in and ruin it for everyone...

That being said, I also know that members of Team Nemesis, DMax, and even of Burst can testify to the pesky matte black BTR pushing itself to get closer and closer whilst following, and to spinning out while leading, possibly messing up whatever tandem train has formed...I like to think that the patience of the established drifters from these teams (as well as practicing with my own team) is what ultimately has turned me into a better drifter(though given our last encounter online, not quite good enough for you....lol)...
Hakuna mattata, keep drifting fun, generic feelgood advice, etc.....

And to DarkAvenger, right/wrong, mature/ immature, when someone asks to be left alone we aren't necessarily obligated to understand the motivations, but it is polite to respect the request..

I don't get the road rage that this thread has inflamed...Gonales(or Dom, I'm not sure if that is a moniker of familiarity or not, I'm more accustomed to your "nyordia" PSN), your OP made stellar points; it's a veritible conglomeration of what the skilled drifters of GTP have been saying for two years now. I get the frustration of perfecting a tandem train with other drivers lap after lap, only to have someone "less skilled" jump in and ruin it for everyone...

That being said, I also know that members of Team Nemesis, DMax, and even of Burst can testify to the pesky matte black BTR pushing itself to get closer and closer whilst following, and to spinning out while leading, possibly messing up whatever tandem train has formed...I like to think that the patience of the established drifters from these teams (as well as practicing with my own team) is what ultimately has turned me into a better drifter(though given our last encounter online, not quite good enough for you....lol)...
Hakuna mattata, keep drifting fun, generic feelgood advice, etc.....

And to DarkAvenger, right/wrong, mature/ immature, when someone asks to be left alone we aren't necessarily obligated to understand the motivations, but it is polite to respect the request..

Thank you for the post, and I understand where you are coming from. Thing is, I spend a fair amount of time helping people get better, and I don't care how 'bad' they would be. But they ask for help, and don't act like they're the best. They apologise when making mistakes, and don't get childish when I make a joke about it.

But when I am having a good day and ask people to just leave me and someone else to drift, I would very much like to see such a request be obliged. Which is nothing illogical imo.

Which i did. Specially because after the first time i read: "leave me alone" i did not even drifted again in the room. I parked my car. But apparently i was supposed to guess, like a kind of sorcerer. Lol

I don't know how to read minds yet.

Last edited:
DarkAvengerZR1
Which i did. Specially because after the first time i read: "leave me alone" i did not even drifted again in the room. I parked my car. But apparently i was supposed to guess, like a kind of sorcerer. Lol

I don't know how to read mind yet.

In a word, yes..in my experience people don't just go from "chill" to "leave me alone" in two seconds flat, lest they be bipolar or something. Based purely on your GTP membership you get the benefit of the doubt that there was no malevolence intended on the aforementioned encounter between you and Gonales, but I'm guessing a couple more "mb"s chatted out by you and a bit more restraint could've had this situation "ag" as it were..

In a word, yes..in my experience people don't just go from "chill" to "leave me alone" in two seconds flat, lest they be bipolar or something. Based purely on your GTP membership you get the benefit of the doubt that there was no malevolence intended on the aforementioned encounter between you and Gonales, but I'm guessing a couple more "mb"s chatted out by you and a bit more restraint could've had this situation "ag" as it were..
Well, as absurd as it sounds, it was exactly like that. We had the incident, she took the lead, after one lap she parked and said leave me alone. Exactly like that.

I am sorry, but the rest of your post, i can't really understand it, could you please re-say it?

Well, as absurd as it sounds, it was exactly like that. We had the incident, she took the lead, after one lap she parked and said leave me alone. Exactly like that.

I am sorry, but the rest of your post, i can't really understand it, could you please re-say it?

Really? So you're actually lying now about what happened?

DarkAvengerZR1

Umm ok? Starting from the GTP comment; it stems from my preference to drifting with GTP members, because aside from a select few, they try to drift using the standards as set forth by OP..thus there is an understanding that any collision that occurs is accidental, and therefore insta-forgiven...as such I venture that any collisons you may have had with Gonales were inherently unintentional...still, even under that assumption, anyone I hit or impede will immediately receive and apology via mic or a "my bad" (mb) via text chat...to which an affirmation of okayness or an "all good"(ag) is the usual response and we move on...if no response, then I keep my distance, simple as that...In reading the last few posts from Gonales, it seems simply that mistakes were made, perhaps the resulting sarcasm didn't translate well via text chat, and what could've been cleared up in seconds has devolved into a virtual catfight... I think regardless of who's "at fault" its really unbecoming of us as a community of drifters (male or female) to lower ourselves to such a noobish level,,

Umm ok? Starting from the GTP comment; it stems from my preference to drifting with GTP members, because aside from a select few, they try to drift using the standards as set forth by OP..thus there is an understanding that any collision that occurs is accidental, and therefore insta-forgiven...as such I venture that any collisons you may have had with Gonales were inherently unintentional...still, even under that assumption, anyone I hit or impede will immediately receive and apology via mic or a "my bad" (mb) via text chat...to which an affirmation of okayness or an "all good"(ag) is the usual response and we move on...if no response, then I keep my distance, simple as that...In reading the last few posts from Gonales, it seems simply that mistakes were made, perhaps the resulting sarcasm didn't translate well via text chat, and what could've been cleared up in seconds has devolved into a virtual catfight... I think regardless of who's "at fault" its really unbecoming of us as a community of drifters (male or female) to lower ourselves to such a noobish level,,

I understood now. Well, what can i say? This happened in GT5 Chat, which sadly, don't record chat logs, different than messages or facebook.

What you guys know, is what i say and what she says, i understand that may be confusing, and hard to know what really happened. If i remember correctly, RSM-DeeDub was in the room as well, just not sure if Dee read it or was away of the screen that time. All other people were unknown to me.

What happened while tandening, as i remember, once again, will try to explain here.

I joined the room where Gonales was at (She was not the host, and never was). And started drifting, like anyone else. For fun... made mistakes, yes, normal, untill that incident, of the blame the bad drifter. Then i let Gonales pass and take the lead... after that, no-one, simply no-one had to park because a mistake, even because i got behind.

I kept drifting, even being behind, then in a corner, a lot of smoke, i kind of lost the braking point, a mistake, and pay attention, did not hit anyone. But i believe it was a close call, yet, i did not even touched. She parked and went mad, saying "we" didn't had enough car to follow, that she had a 🤬 day and it is horrible to tandem with horrible people who doesn't know how to drive, to leave her alone.

Then i parked my car, and told her to stop complain, after all it is just a game. Then she started to say: By your comment i understand it all. When you learn to drive a rwd you back talk to me.

Then other comments from her have been said, those ones, i think are irrelevant to the whole subject, but it was what made me irritated, yes, since it was kind of personal and quite offensive.

This is what happened. If you guys believe it, or think it is biased, up to you all, this is how i see it, and i simply have no reason to lie here, after all, who is me? What i would win by lying?

She mentioned my mimimi? Yes, i won't deny, i said that in the room, told her to quit the mimimi. She asked what it was, and i said it, it is the sound of what a kid throwing a tantrum sounds like to me. Just mimimi. Throw the first rock who never called someone a child by their act.

I again, hope i explained everything out. Or part of.

Du I am on now, lets go!
Dom posted some pretty common sense things about track etiquette that are not so common nowadays. You respect the room host period. You came into their room, follow their rules and give them respect if you are planning on sticking around for any length of time.
No need to start an argument if someone is having a bad day, that just adds to the frustration and drama.

Last edited:
Du I am on now, lets go!
Dom posted some pretty common sense things about track etiquette that are not so common nowadays. You respect the room host period. You came into their room, follow their rules and give them respect if you are planning on sticking around for any length of time.

Thats great Mr monster angle lol ! I''ll join you in a bit. Finishing my video for GTP.

I understood now. Well, what can i say? This happened in GT5 Chat, which sadly, don't record chat logs, different than messages or facebook.

Yeah, could've helped proving the amount of lies you're producing.

What you guys know, is what i say and what she says, i understand that may be confusing, and hard to know what really happened. If i remember correctly, RSM-DeeDub was in the room as well, just not sure if Dee read it or was away of the screen that time. All other people were unknown to me.

Yeah Dean was, and so was ThisisKnox, known to some. Although I dobt anyone will clearly remember what happened.

What happened while tandening, as i remember, once again, will try to explain here.

I joined the room where Gonales was at (She was not the host, and never was). And started drifting, like anyone else. For fun... made mistakes, yes, normal, untill that incident, of the blame the bad drifter. Then i let Gonales pass and take the lead... after that, no-one, simply no-one had to park because a mistake, even because i got behind.

I made the room, im 100% sure of that. If it was me or Knox hosting, I'm not sure of that. But then again, it doesn't really matter. But if you make 3 mistakes in one lap and can't take a pun, don't play GT5.

I kept drifting, even being behind, then in a corner, a lot of smoke, i kind of lost the braking point, a mistake, and pay attention, did not hit anyone. But i believe it was a close call, yet, i did not even touched. She parked and went mad, saying "we" didn't had enough car to follow, that she had a 🤬 day and it is horrible to tandem with horrible people who doesn't know how to drive, to leave her alone.

I'm sorry, but yes I said I had a crap day and wished for you to lave me alone. I did say that Knox wasn't in the right car for chasing me, although I can't remember what he was in. But you were in a decent car, although you drifting clearly didnt show that.

Then i parked my car, and told her to stop complain, after all it is just a game. Then she started to say: By your comment i understand it all. When you learn to drive a rwd you back talk to me.

You were extremely childish, and a horrible drifter. No surprise I wanted you out of there. :/

Then other comments from her have been said, those ones, i think are irrelevant to the whole subject, but it was what made me irritated, yes, since it was kind of personal and quite offensive.

Yeah, just as offensive as your total lack of respect towards a polite request, and the fact that you acted like a total moron on the track.

This is what happened. If you guys believe it, or think it is biased, up to you all, this is how i see it, and i simply have no reason to lie here, after all, who is me? What i would win by lying?

You would less stupid for starters.

She mentioned my mimimi? Yes, i won't deny, i said that in the room, told her to quit the mimimi. She asked what it was, and i said it, it is the sound of what a kid throwing a tantrum sounds like to me. Just mimimi. Throw the first rock who never called someone a child by their act.
I again, hope i explained everything out. Or part of.

No, you started acting like a child because you didn't have the brains to get a decent explanation out of your mouth, which explained enough to me about your presence in the lobby.

Now, why did you comment on this thread in the first place?

Omg yes this right here, good post Dom i have to say i completely agree. another thing is if you can't do these things don't try chasing some one whose been doing good then reaming them thinking its super cool that you are so close to that guy, its not drift racing.it gets so annoying and car selection its also very obvious, why chase a guy you don't know whose driving a Silvia, when your in a Vette, beamer, or some other extremely fast car, you don't know how they drive and it just is unkind to do so... My rant

Aggred 👍 Thats true..:)

Is this another one of those times where you can choose to be offensive and insulting to others, but it's okay? Drop the attitude and insults.

To both of you; it's unwise to drag disagreements from PSN to the forums, as it's likely to end in the sort of AUP violations that result in infractions or bans. Either deal with it (rationally, like adults) by PM, or take it else where.

Everybody else; let's stay on topic.

Back