Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
What Mods? The tacked on Head Lamps, A bike rack(likely not, but cant really tell), Mud Flaps, and a wing that doesnt even belong to the car, nor even fits it in the first place? Or are you talking about the stickers that are just slapped in completely random ass places? Yeah, I would say that any car that makes the same attempt will look just as dumb.
To clarify, the wheels are also Ralliart. The wing on this car has the same function as it would on a Lancer EVO, as it's not an FWD car. The headlights and bike rack supplement the rally look.

It's definitely not the most tasteful looking car I've seen in the world, but for a Mitsubishi Emeraude, a car that's died off into obscurity and is rarely ever modified, I'd say I'm impressed.

To clarify, the wheels are also Ralliart. The wing on this car has the same function as it would on a Lancer EVO, as it's not an FWD car. The headlights and bike rack supplement the rally look.

It's definitely not the most tasteful looking car I've seen in the world, but for a Mitsubishi Emeraude, a car that's died off into obscurity and is rarely ever modified, I'd say I'm impressed.
Good for those wheels, that they're actually Ralliart. It still doesn't really clarify anything. Everything about the car just doesn't flow, and looks extremely tacky. If you like it, more power to you. There's cars in the questionable mod thread, that actually belong there, that look better than this lol.

Also, I dont think just slapping a spoiler from a different vehicle completely is going to make that "function as it would" on the car it was designed for.

Good for those wheels, that they're actually Ralliart. It still doesn't really clarify anything. Everything about the car just doesn't flow, and looks extremely tacky. If you like it, more power to you. There's cars in the questionable mod thread, that actually belong there, that look better than this lol.

Also, I dont think just slapping a spoiler from a different vehicle completely is going to make that "function as it would" on the car it was designed for.
I guess I can't convince you that it's tasteful then, but on a side note how do you feel about the Mirage GSR that I posted?

I guess I can't convince you that it's tasteful then, but on a side note how do you feel about the Mirage GSR that I posted?
I think it's fine. I'm not a fan of the wheels, it could use something a bit more retro and an inch smaller, but it's tolerable.

Hopefully y'all find this more tasteful.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully y'all find this more tasteful.
You really don't need to do that.

Disagreeing with one's assertion (and in this thread, merely posting a picture of a car is indeed an assertion that one considers modifications on said car to be tasteful) does not constitute a personal attack, but such a remark gives the impression that you take it personally.

If the execution was better I wouldn't mind that Mitsubishi, but everything on it kinda just seems tacked on. Lose the stickers and color-match the spoiler, and then maybe we'll talk.

Gonna share some cars from famous german YouTuber and tuning business owner JP Kraemer. He recently went towards a more clean style, some of which I find quite tasteful.

Yep, that's a 1.8t and a quattro setup :lol:

Hnnnnng...

DUX 917F RILEY ELF-L.jpg

Riley Elf looking a treat lowered slightly on polished 10" Exacton alloys from a late '70s to early '80s Mini Sprite, 1100 Special or Mayfair Sport. Those rectangular lamps look fantastic against the lower grilles as well.

Retains a big wheel on the inside but shoulder belts added, and I suspect there's something a little more special than bog standard under the bonnet.

I'd love to see more of it...

Back