• Thread starter HP
  • 193 comments

HP

Team Manager, Green Hell Heathens
Premium
Australia
Adelaide
Heathenpride
This is a resurrected thread, the original idea was for it to be the GHH race progress thread but, in addition, it will now also serve as our news and info thread for those who are interested in our progress!

Welcome to the Team GHH (Green Hell Heathens) Endurance Racing Team News, info & Archive thread.

For those that like to follow GTP's most notorious advocates of Endurance Heathendom this is the thread for you :sly:

GHH have competed in many enduro races with some outstanding results coupled, naturally, with some results that didn't quite go our way. We may have not done as well in some races but we do learn from our mistakes, that's all I can ask of the guys!

Below you will find our teams results from all major races where more than 1 driver has taken part, there are 13 currently and the list will grow each year as we go along.

A huge thanks to all past, present and future Heathens for all your great work :)

GHH Endurance Race Results

Upcoming races include the 3rd and 4th rounds of the VLN and the 2015 GTPES N24 :D

Past and Present Heathens:

Past Heathens:

@Sir Schnell - Heathen Emeritus
@Dan110024 - Heathen Emeritus
@tedbullpit05 - Heathen Emeritus
@GOZHAWK - FRT Emeritus

Present Heathens:

1. @Heathenpride - GHH Founder- GHH Local & Network Team Driver

2. @TDZdave - FRT & GHH Tuner - GHH Local & Network Team Driver

3. @WIDFO - FRT Manager & GHH Tuner - GHH Local & Network Team Driver

4. @MINT_GTR - GHH Local & Network Team Driver

5. @ItzRacing - GHH Local & Network Team Driver

6. @JonoStan96 - GHH Network Team Driver

7. @Beau Albert - GHH Network Team Driver

8. @David Brooks - GHH Network Team Driver

9. @iwasere - GHH Network Team Driver

10. @Famine - GHH Network Team Driver

11. @micantony - GHH Network Team Driver

12. @Pedroeol - GHH Network Team Driver

13. @dangerzone641 - GHH Network Team Driver

14. @knukken - GHH Network Team Driver

15. @nosoks - GHH Network Team Driver

16. @Ph1sher - GHH Network Team Driver

17 - ?????? - We have a secret weapon, to be announced soon :D

The below is our original OP from 2012, just before the start of our first 24hr race:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone

So... after months of training, team building, research and practice the online 24 hour Nurburgring race by wurks.ca is 26 and a bit hours away :nervous:

Back in October (I think) I created a thread asking for interested drivers who were keen to go to the next level, a 24 hour endurance race on the toughest track on earth: The Nurburgring 24 hour track.

My thread was up for 2-3 days but then another thread appeared offering the same thing and I thought "who are these guys?"

Who they are... "they" are wurks.ca. A dedicated team who REALLY thought this out well, so well that I immediately closed my thread and joined their race, that's how good theirs was compared to mine.

Kurt and Olivier run the show (with a team of dedicated volunteers) and they have owned it from start to finish, weekly practice sessions, a dedicated website (here) and a live steaming channel for the race itself, it's a massive effort!

So, why the post?

Well... My team, The Green Hell Heathens (GHH), will be posting our status regularly on this post!

You can go to the main wurks site and live stream for general info but this thread will be GHH specific! Here you will find our direct progress and all info, we will post when we are sleeping, our nutrition management and everything to do with how we are travelling so make sure you keep an eye on this thread and support us in our quest for glory!

Now you might think "but won't other teams read this and have an advantage?" The answer is probably yes, but we don't care :) This race is epic beyond epic and we want to share it with everyone and if that means another team is viewing it then we don't mind, best they focus on us than themselves right?!

So that's it, race starts real soon and we are ready and will hopefully be a force to be reckoned with!

And in case you all thought we were lacking a theme song?

Look no further! Cheers to BNGTracer for bestowing this upon us, this song pretty much sums it up for The Green Hell Heathins!

Metallica cover:

Misfits Original:

Thanks for reading, we will hopefully talk to you all soon, wish us luck 👍

Last edited:
Good luck and have a blast Team GHH!!!
I'll be keeping an eye out on your progress through the race.

Thanks Smyth :)

So.... 19hrs to go :crazy:

Race day for team GHH and still there's so much to do! Shopping for the rest of the food, Setting up multi monitors, testing, practicing and so much more.

All this and it's 40 Celsius here today :banghead:

Last edited:
Good luck guys .. sadly won't be able to attend last minute practice today, but all the best for tomorrow and I'll be keeping a close eye on the race 👍

Thanks guys, we need all the support we can get :)

I'll be watching at random times throughout the day lads - hope you have loads of fun with this...and of course, I hope you show 'em all how it's done :)

Sending up a sacrifice to the gods of C.R.A.P :sly:

MeanElf
I'll be watching at random times throughout the day lads - hope you have loads of fun with this...and of course, I hope you show 'em all how it's done :)

Sending up a sacrifice to the gods of C.R.A.P :sly:

Thanks Elf :)

It's going to be huge :crazy:

Good luck to team Green Hell Heathens. You guys have put in a massive effort to coordinate your team, strategies, practice and more practice 👍

May the book and spirit of Turismo, guide you through the dark and twisted hell, that is Nurburgring.

May the book and spirit of Turismo, guide you through the dark and twisted hell, that is Nurburgring.

Praise be to you brother Turismite :bowdown:

Ye Olde Book of tvrismo shalt guide us ere the race doth ende - We shall overcome and endure as the spirit of the great Kaz be with us :D

Qualifying has started - Dan is behind the wheel for GHH :)

fantastic. remember its a marathon not a sprint so take it easy in the first couple laps, just get into your grove and drive the track! Oh and have fun!

Livestream chat looks like it could do with a bit of harsh moderation. Pity about that. I'm sure the wurks guys have better things to think about than some of the d***s in there though.

Last edited:
Dan here...

Cheers Tris! Was a very clean run. Almost too clean and I thought I might have been going a bit slow through some of the corners. As they say though, it's the boring clean runs that are often the fastest!

HP is racing now. He's doing very well. Clean smooth lines and not over doing it. e10rice is right, consistancy is much more important than trying to grab fast lap times.

how is the laps going to work? i see it says 170 but by going by our small enduros you would need 300+ laps for a 24 hour race? at least at our pace?

Yeah, that bites. Put GHH into the lead. Those ring bandits are flying at the moment though.

Latest Posts

Back