Team GTPlanet.net has been created for SETI@Home!

TB
I think there's a setting that if the GPU is being used more than 25%, BOINC stops. Or maybe that was the CPU. Or both. :lol:

And I've kicked TThrottle down to 110F as the room was getting too warm at 130F. :ill:

I have given Boinc free reign. Nothing can stop it!

I followed all procedures to fix the "gpu missing" notification I could find, via remote desktop, and as it turns out all I had to do was turn on the tv.

I want to see what happens if someone joined who has something like a 1080ti or better. If my 1050 can chomp its way through the data so fast...

Maybe I should have read the main page...

Weekly Outage and Initial Catch Up
Every Tuesday morning (Pacific time) we begin a ten hour data distribution outage for database and systems maintenance. The upload/download servers will be offline during this time. Afterwards you may experience connectivity issues for several more hours as the servers catch up with demand.

A weekly 10 hour planned outage doesn't sound like a good use of resources.

I don't think its too much of a problem as there is plenty of data to go around. I've still got loads running and the rest waiting for upload.

*edit*

Not any more. All work is done and now my machines are just sitting there. This doesn’t appear to be a scheduled outage. Perhaps Team GTP starting up again was just too overwhelming for them!

*edit2*

Back up now but I’m still not uploading anything or getting any new data. I think there’s probably a big back-log.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to have to idle mine back so you guys can catch up to my RAC. :P

RAC.JPG

I was thinking about this for a while, seeing how ridiculously fast the points are being racked up compared to ye olde stats, what if, now bear with me, what if for one week every 3 months or so, every single somewhat worthy pc with acceptable gpu is fully dedicated to crunch the numbers for science?

Last edited:
I’m getting left behind. I don’t like leaving my GPU and CPU at 90+ degrees all day so my Xeon is doing most of the work.

What I don’t get is that TB has the same specs as me!

Hang on, I suddenly have a recollection of some optimisation software to make it more efficient. Is anyone using it?

I’m getting left behind. I don’t like leaving my GPU and CPU at 90+ degrees all day so my Xeon is doing most of the work.

Hang on, I suddenly have a recollection of some optimisation software to make it more efficient. Is anyone using it?
I didn't want mine running that hot, either so the only add-on I have running is TThrottle.
What I don’t get is that TB has the same specs as me!
Same GPU and similar CPU clocks but your i7 trumps my i5!

And @Apok has surpassed me for RAC. :grumpy:

:P

upload_2018-3-16_13-37-44.png

We're making a dent at least.
Average position change per day is +6,8 but I assume it's taking days before we even started into account so that number is a bit too low.

Last edited:
Back