Team GTPlanet.net has been created for SETI@Home!

I'm using BOINC Manager 5.2.13, the newest one on their site.

So what does the optimized client do? Run faster, customizable, etc?

By the way, you should join Team GTPlanet.net on SETI, unless you're already on a team. :)

TB
I'm using BOINC Manager 5.2.13, the newest one on their site.

So what does the optimized client do? Run faster, customizable, etc?

By the way, you should join Team GTPlanet.net on SETI, unless you're already on a team. :)

Well with an optimised client I crunch a WU in 1 hour blabla bla instead of 2-5 hours.

It's very fast and with my Sonoma notebook I only need 37 minutes for a WU. All done and verified.

So if you don't use an optimised client I can send you a link for the progs.

You might as well post the link. I give it a look. If I can cut down my three hour chrunch time to one, my 950 credits a day could turn into 2850? Niiiice. :)

Edit: I just hunted down the app and it looks like it shouldn't be run on Windows 98. I might give it a try on one of the XP's at work.

Sorry for the DP.

I installed the optimized BOINC and SETI apps and here are the results.

Before:
before8bd.jpg

And After:

after5cq.jpg

Yes the claimed credit is much less, but here is the way that SETI works. They divide a WU into 4 parts and send them to 4 different computers. When the results are sent back, they take out the highest and lowest claimed credit and average the other 2. So yours will more than likely be the fastest, and if not, should be one of the 2 fastest. So your claimed credit will either be removed because it is the lowest, or it will be averaged with the other result and the credit granted should be higher than the claimed credit.

All this by replacing a few files that are already on your computer. If anyone is interested, I'll see what I can do to walk you through it. Send me a PM if you're interested. :)

Nice find, gt4005. 👍

Sorry but all my bookmarks are gone due to a computer crash when I had to reboot my computer! So I couldn't send you this link.

Hmm my real credit is higher not lower! Are you sure you installed the boinc and seti version?

I remember reading this thread, but I apparently never signed up. I will when I get home.

I wonder if I should sign up with my work computer. ;)

Magic069
I remember reading this thread, but I apparently never signed up. I will when I get home.

I wonder if I should sign up with my work computer. ;)

Hmm where're my WU's gone?? Should appear in the team now.

gt4005
Hmm my real credit is higher not lower! Are you sure you installed the boinc and seti version?
We have truXoft Calibrating BOINC Core Client and Crunch3r's SETI app loaded. On truXoft's site, it says it takes a few days to calibrate everything. My results are starting to level off now. Before it was calibrated, I would take, say, 3000 seconds to complete a WU and it would "correct" it to around 1800. NOT GOOD. Now when it takes 3000 seconds, it corrects it to around 3200 seconds. Regardless of the correction, I am down from 12,000-15,000 seconds to 2,500-3,500 seconds to complete a WU.
gt4005
Should appear in the team now.
Not yet. It might take a few days for you to show up. What kind of numbers are you putting up?

Edit: I must say I'm a bit surprised that no one running S@H is interest in using the optimized version. I am officially hooked. Again, nice find, gt4005. Thanks for telling me about it. :)

Self-evidend isn't it?

More than 4,000. Had a little break of crunch time. But no I'm ready for crunching :D

Oh and don't try another optimised version of crunch3r. It's crap. I'll probably test a new special boinc client which is beta. I know someone who could send me the prog. this program is about 10% faster he said.

TB
We have truXoft Calibrating BOINC Core Client and Crunch3r's SETI app loaded. On truXoft's site, it says it takes a few days to calibrate everything. My results are starting to level off now. Before it was calibrated, I would take, say, 3000 seconds to complete a WU and it would "correct" it to around 1800. NOT GOOD. Now when it takes 3000 seconds, it corrects it to around 3200 seconds. Regardless of the correction, I am down from 12,000-15,000 seconds to 2,500-3,500 seconds to complete a WU.
Not yet. It might take a few days for you to show up. What kind of numbers are you putting up?

Edit: I must say I'm a bit surprised that no one running S@H is interest in using the optimized version. I am officially hooked. Again, nice find, gt4005. Thanks for telling me about it. :)

I might look into this if I get some free time to check out...

You only need Crunch3rs SETI App and optimised BOINC client. Everything else is rubbish ;)

Works very fast. If you want to have an extremely fast client, look for the BOINC Enhanced BETA's but I think they're for private Beta testing.

Having run this for just over a week now, my recent average credit has gone from around 850/day to just under 2000/day. And it's still increasing. Based on those numbers, I should be at 500,000 total credits sometime Monday evening at approximately 9:30pm Central Time. :)

TB

I was thinking of installing the truXoft thing untill I saw this.

truXoft
Warranty

Please note that the software is offered as is, with no warranty at all. Use on your own risk! Since I compiled the source code of the developer version (not the public release), it is very likely that the client can contain some bugs. Do not forget to make backup before you install the software.

Have you had any problems?

I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I can only vouch for the result that I have seen, and so far they are spectacular. I wouldn't post something that I knew would tank someone's computer.

Granted, it still could, and therefore I take no responsibility for the stability of the software under discussion. Proceed with caution, use at you own risk and all that other disclaimery crap. :)

Not sure about this. It's still running though and is doing other things now.

2006-04-07 17:57:59 [seti@home] CC calibration failed: credit_correction_factor
checksum failed!
2006-04-07 17:58:02 [---] Running CPU benchmarks

Mine did that the first time, also. I think it has something to do with needing a first result to start the calibration process.

Now it's got to here and stopped:

2006-04-07 17:59:01 [seti@home] Resuming computation for result 10fe01aa.1886.22
90.342332.1.35_2 using setiathome version 418
2006-04-07 17:59:01 [---] Resuming computation
2006-04-07 17:59:01 [---] Rescheduling CPU: Resuming computation
2006-04-07 17:59:01 [---] Resuming network activity

Has it finished?

It looks like it should be okay. Keep in mind, like I said earlier, that your claimed credit will go way down (around 7 credits/WU instead of your typical 25-30). After it works through around 20 WU's, that'll start coming back up.

I have never really paid attention to the claimed credit and whatnot.

I just have it run whenever I am away, and then check my stats every so often.

To a point, I agree - the credit you claim and the credit you get isn't important, you get what you get. But since that is how you are compared to others, I figure you might as well get as much as you can. Besides, it looks pretty cool to see this:

seti9hq.jpg

and

seti29jh.jpg

I'm just waiting to see if I can hit 99.9xx%

I'm only crunching because I do believe we can help teams to create new star maps etc. and find some interesting material.

The competition shouldn'tt be the only thing why we are crunching.

I figured it was about time for an update, as Team GTPlanet.net is about to hit a milestone. Later today we will hit 1,000,000 Total Credit. In around 45 or so days, I will then do that myself. :D

Keep it up, guys! Any new members are always welcome, also!

I can't find the optimized client for my centrino so I haven't been crunching for ages cos I had other things to do as well :(

Anyone got the crunch3r site for me or so?

crunch3r isn't doing anything with optimized clients anymore. He was getting a bunch of accusations about cheating on the SETI Forum so he decided to stop. I'm running one of the KWSN optimizers.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but we've managed to hit the 1 million mark. That's a huge milestone to achieve in my book considering we only have a handful of members still contributing to the team.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but we've managed to hit the 1 million mark. That's a huge milestone to achieve in my book considering we only have a handful of members still contributing to the team.
Look at post 144. :sly:

Back