Team GTPlanet.net has been created for SETI@Home!

You've left the group TB. How come?
Missed this one, didn't I? :D

A few other people in the office have the password so they could make changes to their settings if need be. They must have done it.

Accidentally, I'm sure. ;)

Is it wrong that my new computer is crunching more work units than all the other machines in the office put together? :lol:

Which new computer?

I plugged in my Quad Core machine to do some crunching a few days ago, it's turned off most of the time though. When it's on i'm sure it will give you a run for your money!

*edit*
Why are your computers hidden?

You should be able to obliterate me with a quad. :lol:

Here are the computers currently running on my account:

racid0.png

I'm back on it. :D

I tend to fire it up whenever I do a new build so I'm crunching away again!

Looks like no one else is though.

If only I was crazy enough to attempt to commandeer the machines I have at work. It's only in the neighborhood of 40 C2D's, 35 i7's and a handful of i5's... :lol:

An ex colleague of mine installed Folding@Home on most of our customers servers.

You can guess why he's an EX colleague of mine!

I haven't done any crunching in ages.

Time to get some going again I guess. :D

*edit*
It must be possible to use GPU now no?

*edit2*
Got it running on GPU.

Last edited:
I've joined the crunching. Tried it on the laptop first but quickly decided to let the old C2Q do the crunching. It's on most of the day and it seems that it can handle the tasks a lot better than the i3.

Now if only my name would pop up on that GTP list.

Edit.

I see that TB is going for the takeover.

I was looking at the eleven computers that I've used to crunch numbers over the years. Obviously any modern processor will beat the pants off of older tech and now that programs like BOINC can crunch MUCH, MUCH faster using the GPU, I knew my numbers would be up, but I wasn't expecting the change to be nearly as drastic as it is.

After only three days, it's already at number nine on the list. The machine it just surpassed took almost 2 years to get to that. :eek:

The next one in like took a year to get to just a tick under 43,000 credits. If mine continues like it has been, it will take about 4 more days, or almost exactly a week total, to pass it.

The front runner, at 437,854 credits, took a year and a half to get there. I should be there in approximately 11 weeks. :boggled:

I saw that too. I'll fire up the two i5's to chase you. :lol:

Holy 🤬

The C2Q does a task in about 2 hours. The i5 with 1050 does it in 15. :lol:

Last edited:
I saw that too. I'll fire up the two i5's to chase you. :lol:
If you're interested, to keep temperatures under control, I'm running TThrottle. Seems to be doing to trick so far. Just set your desired temperature and click "Auto active".
Holy 🤬

The C2Q does a task in about 2 hours. The i5 with 1050 does it in 15. :lol:
You're going to be kicking my ass here pretty soon.

Mine:
Measured floating point speed 4.32 billion ops/sec
Measured integer speed 12.6 billion ops/sec

Yours:
Measured floating point speed 4.02 billion ops/sec
Measured integer speed 21.29 billion ops/sec

:eek:

TB
You're going to be kicking my ass here pretty soon.

Man down! Man down! I've fallen a day behind because the i5 keeps freezing! I've now swapped the psu, and installed a freshly bought win7 Pro to see if anything changes!

Edit.

I thinks it's fixed.

Edit 2.

This site is full of fake nerds, otherwise more people would have joined in .

Last edited:
I found out that if you access your pc via remote desktop, the program eventually no longer recognises your gpu .

I found out that if you access your pc via remote desktop, the program eventually no longer recognises your gpu .
I think there's a setting that if the GPU is being used more than 25%, BOINC stops. Or maybe that was the CPU. Or both. :lol:

And I've kicked TThrottle down to 110F as the room was getting too warm at 130F. :ill:

Back