Team NEMESIS | *ORIGINAL* White Car Mob | Always Drama Free

• Thread starter DGambino1
  • 678 comments
Came across this explanation of how GT6 dampers work in the tuning forum a while back, and have found it pretty useful. Thought a few others might benefit from it as well :)

Hope @rams1de doesn't mind me reposting this
Dampers are quite complicated but here's some notes I have that keeps it relatively simple and they are quite effective in GT6.

"The extension cycle controls the motions of the vehicle body's sprung weight. The compression cycle controls the same motions of the vehicle's unsprung weight. This means that if you're trying to adjust the way that the car's body rolls, you should use extension, and, if you're trying to adjust the way the tires bounce off of curbs, you should use compression"

Front Compression - effective over bumps/kerbs and when braking/coasting
- Higher Numbers = harder for weight to shift onto front, reduces oversteer/increases understeer
- Lower Numbers = easier for weight to shift onto front, increases oversteer/reduces understeer

Rear Compression - effective over bumps/kerbs and when accelerating
- Higher Numbers = harder for weight to shift onto rear, reduces understeer/ increases oversteer
- Lower Numbers = easier for weight to shift onto rear, reduces oversteer/increases understeer

Front Extension - effective when accelerating
- Higher Numbers = harder for weight to shift off front, reduces understeer/ increases oversteer
- Lower Numbers = easier for weight to shift off front, reduces oversteer/increases understeer

Rear Extension - effective when braking/coasting
- Higher Numbers = harder for weight to shift off rear, reduces oversteer/increases understeer
- Lower Numbers = easier for weight to shift off rear, reduces understeer/increases oversteer

Last edited:
Hey guys my first event will be held tonight. Sorry for the delay, I while open up a server around 5:30-6:30pm AEST. S-chassis's only by the way. Room open: 1472-4711-0167-3381-1159

Last edited:
What's the best part about being sick :ill: ??? Why, sitting on the couch, drifting with good friends all day :D

Had an uncountable number of amazing runs with a ton of really chill people yesterday. @Djhashbrown, @DriftRyuji, ibmx, Yumi, Hibino, Evu, Falken-Ducky, Griff, Imalilhigh, ...uhh, I know I'm forgetting about a dozen other people lol.

Thanks to everyone who put up with me working on my S13. Think she's finally dialled :)

Suprisingly enough, my net seemed to hold up alright while hosting, so I think I'm going to open rooms more often now. Most of the reason I dipped over to the touge over the last few months was because I wasn't like the variety of drift rooms I was seeing. Either the same old 3-4 tracks, or 16 people trying to run a section.

My rooms will always be DT, probably max of 12 people, and we will run full laps (or circuits like at Ascari). I'm easy about going with the counter, or against it...people's choice lol. I'll only run sections if there is a small group in the room (depending on the group...most here are competent enough, it's the random scrubs that mess things up). At this point, I have absolutely zero tolerance for poor track etiquette. 1 warning, then it's DAS BOOT!! I have no concern over what kind of car someone uses...racecar, supercar, tank car, I really don't give a 🤬, as long as it is driven in a way that doesn't negatively impact the experience of others in the room.

Again, thanks to everyone I drifted with yesterday :D. Drifting is the best medicine, as they say (or at least they should say that, damn it!!!)

Last edited:
Yea it was my first time drifting with my wheel in about two months, but we still managed to to get some sick door to door runs, minus all my F ups lol.
The s13 was looking good smooth lines too. 👍 As for me I still need tons of practice so ill probably jump on a little later.

Yea it was my first time drifting with my wheel in about two months, but we still managed to to get some sick door to door runs, minus all my F ups lol.
The s13 was looking good smooth lines too. 👍 As for me I still need tons of practice so ill probably jump on a little later.
Dude you were killin' it! 2 months off be damned, we had some sick runs 👍

Hey guys! Im backk and ill be online yo
Good runs tonight Chel!! Was good to slide with you again!! I really hope you remembered to save that replay with Yumi and Rice...I definitely forgot :dunce::banghead::(. There were some good shots in there :lol:

And ya I said it, @RICEFREAK is back!!! I actually said "whaaaat???" out loud when I saw that double-ii RIICE join the room. It's almost like we got half the band back together....I'm feeling a team meet coming on soon!!!

GETTING ONLINE ASAP gonna jack my bros ps3 to get back in the action with my FAM. i been busy with my new job and working overtime like crazy but i think we let the lil ones run-a-muck enough.LOL

RICEFREAK is back so there gonna be a lot of frustrated drivers. I cant wait to hook up the PVR and get this epic return on VIDEO.

CrazycartXL? Man I want one so bad :lol:

Haha I wish those things look like fun but are way to expensive. I made a little 50cc drift trike for a fun little project.

Ya @CJDA9, good to slide with you again last night!! That supra is bloody fast, had me scratching my head :banghead: All the practice on the drift-trike is paying off :lol:

Hell yeah it's still pretty fast, I didn't need to tune it much for the new updates surprisingly.

Back