Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
I finally have a chance to test other cars since my car is now entered in the shootout, but I do no see this car in your shared cars
Sorry about that. It's shared now if you want to check it out. Also have a variety of tires, all 3 turbos, and the titanium racing exhaust available. Currently its set for fairly low speed cruising with a low rpm turbo, sport soft tires and a sport exhaust(sounds better than the titanium full racing one.)

XDesperado67
Sorry about that. It's shared now if you want to check it out. Also have a variety of tires, all 3 turbos, and the titanium racing exhaust available. Currently its set for fairly low speed cruising with a low rpm turbo, sport soft tires and a sport exhaust(sounds better than the titanium full racing one.)

Ok I tested it and for such a low amount of HP it actually did pretty well. I put on the racing exhaust and I had to buy stage 2 turbo tho to give it a tiny more HP. I think if you adjusted the gears a bit and raised initial on the LSD a lot it would rev up a lot quicker making it easier to drift. Also comfort hard would be best for it. You have comfort medium which work good so hard would be even better. Not huge drifts but still managed to drift the whole track. I think it's a good beginner car

Ok I tested it and for such a low amount of HP it actually did pretty well. I put on the racing exhaust and I had to buy stage 2 turbo tho to give it a tiny more HP. I think if you adjusted the gears a bit and raised initial on the LSD a lot it would rev up a lot quicker making it easier to drift. Also comfort hard would be best for it. You have comfort medium which work good so hard would be even better. Not huge drifts but still managed to drift the whole track. I think it's a good beginner car
Thanks...surprised you had to buy the turbo as I thought I had one for it already...or was it just the low and high turbos?

Thanks...surprised you had to buy the turbo as I thought I had one for it already...or was it just the low and high turbos?

it was just low and high. Low offers most torque, but I find stage 2 is best for most cars as mid range rpm is usually where they need to be to rev up higher to get around the corners. Also I didn't try any tuning for this car, but stiffer front suspension and high front toe and camber are what makes a car drift even better. Thats a little trade secret for you lol

it was just low and high. Low offers most torque, but I find stage 2 is best for most cars as mid range rpm is usually where they need to be to rev up higher to get around the corners. Also I didn't try any tuning for this car, but stiffer front suspension and high front toe and camber are what makes a car drift even better. Thats a little trade secret for you lol
Thanks again for the input.👍👍
Since I'm not really into drifting this was more in line with making sure the car and tune were actually somewhat capable in this regard as I had put in the tune. I'll change the recommended turbo to the mid in the tune but leave the rest to an actual drift tuner such as yourself as I wouldn't have a clue how to get that right. The car as its set up is ment to be a fairly low speed easy to drive cruiser. Something you tool around a free run lobby in at like 60mph while chatting. Think with the input Onboy gave me while tuning it, that its a success in that regard so I'm happy with it.

Toyota SUPRA RZ 1997

Woooooo this car is insane. So easy yet such huge drifts. Literally blown away. If you like the mustang tune than you must try this because it is same easy style only more power and cleaner drifts. I am the tinniest disappointed in it tho. I have heard people can get 30,000 points at Tsukuba with this car so I had to make a tune with it, but sadly only achieved 27,000 which yes is my now current record, but still so far from my goal of 30,000. If you can get 30,000 there with this car or with the tinniest edit of tune please tell me as I would like to know.

Last edited:
350Z was supposed to be posted too, but I took/edited all the pics than forgot to write down the tune lol. Later or tomorrow it will be up

well i seen a s15 tune post and tried it but it didnt work out so great so i was wondering if you can try and make a s15 02 model tune up please and thanks alot

williex562
well i seen a s15 tune post and tried it but it didnt work out so great so i was wondering if you can try and make a s15 02 model tune up please and thanks alot
Apply my s13 tune to it and it should be good. If it still sucks I'll give it a shot

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM 2005

This is a Team Shmo tune made by PghBest. It is the first tune that is not made 100% by me, but he asked if he could send me a tune and like usual if I like it I will post it. I do not do 4WD cars for drift because I find they still have too much grip and a list of other problems. This car surprised me however by the extreme easiness of driftability. I really like the precision steering it has to be able to correct the angle in mid drift or to move closer or wider to the edge all after you have already started the drift. If you are a beginner or intermediate wanting to improve this car is perfect as it's hard to get into trouble and allows you to make corrections mid drift to learn from for next time. One other thing that is so cool about this car is that if you paint it black the GT logo on the side is white, silver, or black depending on which angle you are looking at it from. Plus the headlights are carbon fiber with only a little cut out for one light that is blueish.

EDIT: slight changes since spec 2. Aero, ballast, LSD, and front and rear toe angles have been changed. It is much better now overall.

Last edited:
new drift vids added to first page. Stupid camera totally ruined my sweet 360 near the end on second vid

Last edited:
new drift vids added to first page. Stupid camera totally ruined my sweet 360 near the end on second vid

Lol, those 360's are fun. You should have did it in a less powerful car though :P

I do 360's all the time in little cars, really fun.

Lol, those 360's are fun. You should have did it in a less powerful car though :P

I do 360's all the time in little cars, really fun.

1000hp too powerful lol? It took me so long to do the spin at the begging and the end without any bumps, etc. I am also just testing out tuning this viper so it's not perfect, but I was just having fun and as you can see the tune is coming along well lol.

Doing spins isn't that hard, but spinning into the first turn than drifting the whole track perfectly and doing the 360 in a straight line without going off near the end all at like 100mph since so much power in a car that isn't a perfect drifter yet makes it much more terrifying to keep it together.

I don't know how to explain it but the first spin you did was weird, you put the car in reverse halfway so you forced it to whatever the word is, when I do it, ill do a drift to spin to drift without hitting reverse, I don't know if it makes much of a difference though, never tried it.

Anyway, nice vid.

Use a Ginetta G4 '64...only 277HP but then again it has 270ft-lb of torque using a mid rpm range turbo...still not impressed? The car only weighs 416kg and you can't add any aerodynamic parts to it. The trick isn't doing 360s but getting it to stop doing them!:lol::crazy:

Lol ya first turn I wanted to do a spin and when I exit I'm already in the middle of the drift, but I couldn't managed to do that and everything else as good as I wanted. I like throwing it into reverse because it whips you out so much harder and you have to shift up to 3rd as fast as you can or you will just stop moving. Also I drift for huge points the spins were just something flashy to throw in to make it a little cooler that's why I did it in race mode and not drift as well.

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 2006

1000hp+ you know this is gonna be awesome. The car isn't that tough to drift and I think has potential to be a huge drift point making machine. The viper is such a crazy car i love every second of it and the potential to either be a excellent racer or a sick drifter makes me love it even more. There is so many different colour combinations and rim choices to make this car look very different from anyone elses as well. I went for a greenish yellow with green rims to give it that more snake like appearance. I had it a little stiffer on front suspension to let it slide more, but it wasn't good at a variety of tracks and would just spin out, but if you want it more drifty change the front springs to in the 13's and front camber to 4 and front toe to -35.

Last edited:
Hey Shmo, thanks for all your great work so far. Really diggin your z33, s13, supra and btr tunes! I'm sure your pretty busy with both garages and the shootouts, but if you get some time, I was wondering if you'd take a few requests?

If so, either or both of the following would be amazing

-Highend Perfomance G37 (I'm having trouble getting the tranny right, to overcome the seemingly massive turbo lag this car seems to have)

-Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Hey Shmo, thanks for all your great work so far. Really diggin your z33, s13, supra and btr tunes! I'm sure your pretty busy with both garages and the shootouts, but if you get some time, I was wondering if you'd take a few requests?

If so, either or both of the following would be amazing

-Highend Perfomance G37 (I'm having trouble getting the tranny right, to overcome the seemingly massive turbo lag this car seems to have)

-Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Thank you and I shall get to them. I haven't bought the Highlend Performance car yet so this will be perfect opportunity

High End Performance G37

This car looks really cool which is always a plus and drifts well too. Not enough torque on this car to be a serious drifter on either turbo, but still can whip around the corners. Best gears are 3 for small corners and 4 for longer ones and occasionally 5 for the straights or really long ones.

Last edited:

Volvo 240 GLT Estate 1988

Definitely took a little time to get this to drift properly, but it turned out well. One of the few cars where I find stage 3 turbo works much better than stage 2 even tho stage 2 has more torque. It could really be a great drifter at maybe 600hp, but it's just so heavy now that you have to work for it to get big drifts. Hilariousness of it is more important than anything.

Last edited:
[
TVR T350C 2003

I did this car as a request and I wasn't going to do it since I hate it so much. It always screwed me over in almost every race i entered it in plus it was kinda already setup for racing to the point where it was alright. Than I decided F this car it sucks as a racer I mine as well turn it into a drifter... best choice ever. This thing is so awesome. It could use a tiny bit more torque, but still lands huge drifts every time. It reminds me of a mini supra so if you liked that than you will like this too since there the same only this is less power.

Last edited:
Back