Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 2000

Here it is the infamous Speed 12. Do not even bother trying to use this if your not a expert drifter because everything moves so fast and you must know exactly when to hit what. This is the first car I have hit my goal of over 30,000 drift points as Tsukuba with and got me in the top 200 in the Madrid drift seasonal. You will be using all gears, handbrake, brakes, basically everything possible to drift amazing with it. It is a little different setup than what the big boys use as the have more camber on the rear so I may rework in the future, but this was the best so far.

Also just to show you how much more amazing a speed 12 is compared to other cars for drift. The first corner as Tsukuba in a normal car will have a hard time getting to around 5000 points while this car can do 7000+. An additional 2000 points at every corner really adds up.

Last edited:

BMW 135i Coupe '07

Didn't know what to expect with this car. I do not like the way this car looks than I bought it and added a spoiler, rims, etc and it looked awesome when I got it for racing and same thing happened with this drift one lol. The car is actually really good. Way better than I would have expected it to be. I had a few problems with it being ready to drift into the next corner to early, but a few changes to the toe and it's all worked out. I think all BMW's are great for drifting and easy to get the hang of.

Last edited:

Ford 2010 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION 2010

Really want to stand out from everyone? Than drifting a NASCAR is the way to go. I choose the "Ford 2010 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '10" car because it had the lime green and the blue outline and just looked the crazyest and perfect for a drift car, but as all NASCAR cars are the same this should be able to be applied to any one you want. Now this car actually is pretty good, but you have to learn how to use the gears since there is only 4. Change to soon and you won't have high enough revs to continue to drift, but too low of a gear will cause you to not make the corner. A little practice and you will get the hang of it no problem.

Last edited:
Nooooo! You made a NASCAR tune, I thought I was the only one to drift those. I guess that was a naive thought though. :D Thank you for putting up the Volvo tune though, even though I hate drift cars that I don't tune myself, I couldn't get that car sideways, I'll try it when I can.

Last edited:
Really Nice 135i Tune:dopey:
Good job:tup:
Thanks I really like it too

Nooooo! You made a NASCAR tune, I thought I was the only one to drift those. I guess that was a naive thought though. :D Thank you for putting up the Volvo tune though, even though I hate drift cars that I don't tune myself, I couldn't get that car sideways, I'll try it when I can.

haha I haven't seen a NASCAR drift tune or anyone drift one online so I figured it would be something totally different to try. You can always try someones tune and change stuff after to you liking so its kinda tuned by you

i have just recently started drifting, the reason im so late is i thought it would take to long to learn it LoL. but i have pleasantly surprised my self with help from the tunes of your garage and a couple of others.

so keep up the good work. if you are short on work, may i request a rx7 '02 drift tune from your shop. if your busy dont worry its not urgent.👍

ryanaldoblanco
i have just recently started drifting, the reason im so late is i thought it would take to long to learn it LoL. but i have pleasantly surprised my self with help from the tunes of your garage and a couple of others.

so keep up the good work. if you are short on work, may i request a rx7 '02 drift tune from your shop. if your busy dont worry its not urgent.👍

Good to hear someone new has come to learn drift and glad I could help in it. I maaaaay do a rx-7 tune. It was the first car I learned to drift in and personally my favorite pic I have ever taken which is the reasons I used it in my banner. I been thinking about doing one, but I want it to be the most perfect one ever so we will see what happens.

Good to hear someone new has come to learn drift and glad I could help in it. I maaaaay do a rx-7 tune. It was the first car I learned to drift in and personally my favorite pic I have ever taken which is the reasons I used it in my banner. I been thinking about doing one, but I want it to be the most perfect one ever so we will see what happens.

ok thats fine:tup:, maybe i can intice you with a mazda mx5 newer model tune. again no worries if not 👍:)

Mercedes-Benz SL 600 (R230) 2004

If you clicked the banner this car can be used for racing or drifting as it excels at both just remember to switch the tires. Most cars have trouble being a good racing car and also a good drift car due to different suspension and LSD set ups, but this one has found the perfect balance. You are probably thinking that it can't be great at both, but with over 1000 hp and 1000 torque it can be done. just enough power lol.

Racing instructions:
If being used for racing obviously switch to racing soft tires and it's best to brake hard before the corner than coast for a bit and than back onto the gas. It has a slight under steer if you just slam on the gas or with so much power will spin up the tires. With so much power you will have no problem getting to 200+mph and fairly quick too.

Drift instructions:
If being used for drifting switch to comfort hard. On paper this tune looks more for racing with high down force and rather low LSD settings, but trust me its amazing at both. You can get 30,000 drift points at Tsukuba in it which is super impressive for something that wasn't designed solely for drift. It's really easy to drift as well since there is so much power, but is limited by the LSD. Only thing to watch is what gear you are in as there is only 5 and the acceleration isn't as quick as what you may be used to.

Last edited:
Great job my friend, thank you for your work, its good, its clear, its well written, and trust me, A LOT of people such as myself are getting decent drift performances and having a blast thanks to your setups.

Now, ive noticed some requests here and id like to make one myself...

1965 Shelby GT350R! Buddy, i got one fully tuned with MATT BLACK painting that looks nasty (too bad i cant throw some lime green rims thou :drool::drool::drool:) but i cant get it to drift nice and clean...

So, thats it hope you consider my request and, again, keep up the good work mate!

Cheers

Shelby GT350R 1965

I was actually looking for a good old school muscle car to do and was deciding which one when someone asked for this car. So the decision was made by fate. This car is super light, probably the lightest of all the muscle cars and has more than enough power to get it around the track. I really tried with this one as I could see the huge potential in it every times I tested it, but just couldn't get it perfect each time. Than suddenly with a few minor changes it went from a car that could be awesome to a car that is awesome! The car is Speed 12 territory able to land over 30,000 Tsukuba drift points only since it has less power it's a bit easier to handle. The key is to just tap the gas when needed to make the corner if you just hammer it the car will spin. Originally I had comfort hards front and rear and it could land big drift, but it was just so tough to be consistent each time which is why the mediums in the back give it that tiny bit more grip it needs. Drifting the straights you gotta watch a little with the gas maybe even more than the corners as randomly it may stick to a straight path and just go off the track if you floor it too much. With a little practice I'm sure you will love this car as much as I do.

Last edited:
I noticed you didnt have a tune for the Ferrari 599..Or maybe I didnt look clearly ,, But i Wondered if i was the only one who drifts with this car..??

599GT5Drifter
I noticed you didnt have a tune for the Ferrari 599..Or maybe I didnt look clearly ,, But i Wondered if i was the only one who drifts with this car..??

I don't as of yet. I was going to make one a long time ago based on a real life picture I saw, but they didn't have the rims I wanted so I didn't bother. I heard of people drifting them, but I have never seen one online yet.

I am one of the persons that use the 599 for drifting ;) online and offline, although i have a lot of cars for drift, the main ones are the 599 c63 cobra mercedes 190d 2.5 evo and a few more i cant remember. The 599 is a great car for drifting, but it has a unbalanced weight i think, so you need to pratice a lot with it to be able drifting really good with it.. ;) i am a average drifter.. not a pro by the way ;)

Shmo, great work your drift tunes ;) they really fit me ;) keep going ;D

Edit: the 350 picture is beautiful ;)

Last edited:
bypo
I am one of the persons that use the 599 for drifting ;) online and offline, although i have a lot of cars for drift, the main ones are the 599 c63 cobra mercedes 190d 2.5 evo and a few more i cant remember. The 599 is a great car for drifting, but it has a unbalanced weight i think, so you need to pratice a lot with it to be able drifting really good with it.. ;) i am a average drifter.. not a pro by the way ;)

Shmo, great work your drift tunes ;) they really fit me ;) keep going ;D

Edit: the 350 picture is beautiful ;)

Well since theres so much talk of this 599 and how it can be a challenge due to weight I will be forced to make one lol. Also woo I think that pic came out awesome as well.

Ferrari 599 2006

This car was pretty good even before I tuned anything. It only took me a couple of tries to get it right where I want it at. It went from pretty good to awesome! It's one of the better drift cars able to get huge points and tandem well, but just a bit too heavy to be seriously spectacular. I took it online and was able to drift tons of different courses no problem and get super close to people in a 5 person tandem.

P.S. I have some awesome shots of this bad boy whipping around here

Last edited:
Transmission
1st: 2.684
2nd: 2.715
3rd: 2.101
4th: 1.607
5th: 1.255
6th: 0.998
Final: 4.180
Top Speed: 205

You can't get 2.684 in 1st with that final and top speed. It gves you a range from 3.368 - 4.617. so I'll assume you meant 3.684.

Detoxification
You can't get 2.684 in 1st with that final and top speed. It gves you a range from 3.368 - 4.617. so I'll assume you meant 3.684.

I'm thinking this is for the 599 I posted? I take pics of all my stuff than when I go to my comp just type them out, but the transmission pic came out blurry so I had to guess. Thanks I'll change it.

Thanks for these all useful tips and settings. I've got request - can you make good drift settings for BMW 2002 and Mercedes E190 (normal ver.)? It's very difficult for me to do best settings for these cars.

PS: Later you can try F40 :)

Lol, old cars are the best (240GLT Estate ftw!).

PS2: I'm using my new G27 for drifting (earlier DFP) and its so difficult to drift correctly. Any tips?

winner4
Thanks for these all useful tips and settings. I've got request - can you make good drift settings for BMW 2002 and Mercedes E190 (normal ver.)? It's very difficult for me to do best settings for these cars.

PS: Later you can try F40 :)

Lol, old cars are the best (240GLT Estate ftw!).

PS2: I'm using my new G27 for drifting (earlier DFP) and its so difficult to drift correctly. Any tips?

Im happy they can help thats why I do this I'll try out the cars and hopefully get them perfect. For the wheel I personally find it tough to use for drifting since you have to whip it all the way to one side than find the sweet spot to make the full corner, but I also suck with it for racing too so it might just be me lol. Main thing with drifting is throttle control. You can make the car start to drift just by slamming on the gas and shifting up relatively quick in a straight line so I would say slam on the gas to where to tires go red and start to turn the wheel, but the key is to than push down on the gas than completely let off only needing to step on it a few more times to make the full turn. Same goes with the wheel, turn it to where the car starts to turn into the corner than whip it the opposite way and pulse on the gas. Take it one corner at a time and just try and make each one. I suggest Tsukuba since it has small and long corners to practice on while still being flat and small to be able to repeat it quick.

Haven't tried a tune but a bunch of my competitions (drifting) I've hosted said they use your tunes. I usually run with just a sports kit, but I'l start trying your tunes out

JrDarknes
Haven't tried a tune but a bunch of my competitions (drifting) I've hosted said they use your tunes. I usually run with just a sports kit, but I'l start trying your tunes out

Thanks. The good thing about my tunes is I try to do a wide range of cars so there's definitely gonna be one that suits you best. Also I promise you can get huge drifts in all them and link entire tracks once your good because I test them and I can lol.

DRIFTDRIFT
I don't understand why some of the cars doesn't have the same amount of horsepower than quoted? :D perhaps you know?

I assume you mean why your cars have less or more HP? That's why I include the miles on it because once you hit around 300 miles your car is at full power. Anything less will be all different and the more you drive it the more HP you will get until you hit the max.

I assume you mean why your cars have less or more HP? That's why I include the miles on it because once you hit around 300 miles your car is at full power. Anything less will be all different and the more you drive it the more HP you will get until you hit the max.

There's also a maximum mileage point past which the car starts to lose power regardless of oil changes and engine rebuilds.

Latest Posts

Back