Team Shmo GT6 tuning - Light Car Company Rocket ’07 550pp

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 263 comments
Ya I don't actually like drifting much in GT6. They have changed it too much where it is really weird. My points have went to almost half of what they would be in GT5 and the cars don't feel the same. However I am trying really hard to make tunes for drift that feel as close as possible to GT5 and what everyone is used to. It is harder than you would think and calls for some crazy settings.

I got a S13 I think it was coming up super soon and for Christmas I'm not sure yet. I don't know what the most Christmasy car is or what car Santa would drive lol

I wish I didn't mess with my 599 too much. That car is a blast to drift this time around. In GT5 I couldn't keep it in line, now stock with CH tires it's amazing. The GT-R '07 is pretty fun (I have one full power that is fairly controllable), as well as the HKS CT230R once you set it to 10/90 torque dist.

I wish I didn't mess with my 599 too much. That car is a blast to drift this time around. In GT5 I couldn't keep it in line, now stock with CH tires it's amazing. The GT-R '07 is pretty fun (I have one full power that is fairly controllable), as well as the HKS CT230R once you set it to 10/90 torque dist.
So just stock basically and they are good or you have settings on them? I tried some that were not bad and others that are just awful without a tune

I'll PM you what I have on them, because it's not great, but it works for me. If it works as a base for you, good. If not then, meh whatever. If I can help at all I will, I ALWAYS (enough emphasis I hope?) used your drift tunes for GT5 seasonals, except this one time, I did a course tune that drifted well with higher final gear. I'm currently working on some 430 Scuderia p:censor:n right now, but expect a message.

leno torenado lol. actually i would say the old hudson, but im sure that would be difficult. And yes drifting is way different in gt6, I watched one of my tsukuba replays where i swear i had a damn near perfect run that would have gotten 20+k in gt5. and i only got like 12500. The point ticker stops when your still drifting, very frustrating.

I'll PM you what I have on them, because it's not great, but it works for me. If it works as a base for you, good. If not then, meh whatever. If I can help at all I will, I ALWAYS (enough emphasis I hope?) used your drift tunes for GT5 seasonals, except this one time, I did a course tune that drifted well with higher final gear. I'm currently working on some 430 Scuderia p:censor:n right now, but expect a message.
Hope you like the new tunes as much. Thanks I will try it out

leno torenado lol. actually i would say the old hudson, but im sure that would be difficult. And yes drifting is way different in gt6, I watched one of my tsukuba replays where i swear i had a damn near perfect run that would have gotten 20+k in gt5. and i only got like 12500. The point ticker stops when your still drifting, very frustrating.
Ya same as me I can kill drifting scores, but this game my max is 20,000. I will land perfect drifts and half won't even count

Lamborghini Diablo GT '00

Merry Christmas everyone! If you are reading this after Christmas the tune is still good don't worry. This is probably my most favorite car in the world. I always wanted to drive a Diablo in a GT game and was very excited that a few were in GT6. The car is an absolute monster to drive and will leave you in shock by what an awesome time you had every single race. It was super crazy and I toned it back, but be warned the name Diablo isn't for show. If you try to push it when it doesn't want to it has no problem sending you into the wall. The key is if you feel you are going slow you will probably have a blisteringly fast lap. Around corners entering and exiting you have to SLOWLY step on the gas or brake. If you slam the gas the rear will spin around sending you into the wall. If you brake too hard it will lock and send you into the wall. Do not try to tame the beast, but instead work with it. Look at all the miles I have on it. I have done basically every race that it meets the criteria for. It will win against touring cars no problem too. It's top speed is the key as 200mph is easy to hit and getting there is just as easy. I have the time of my life driving in high end races as this car is just so much fun. Smallest slip up on your part and it bites back hard. You have been warned.

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12

First drag tune, of course we had to go with the beast GTR black edition. It was a monster in GT5 and is a monster in GT6. It's actually amped up with over 1000+hp in this game than before. I think it even looks better too as you can see from the picture. Currently there is no drag test track like there was in GT5 so it is very difficult to tell if a car is fast or not. I have tested this against guys online and won against many. I am however assuming it will be edited to be faster in the future once a drag test track is released. Start in first and shift at the red line.

Fiat 500 R '72 (wheelie)

Did you see the banner? Yes this is a Fiat WHEELIE tune! The car is not very expensive so I highly recommend you buy it to try this out because it is hilarious. No one expects such a tiny car to have enough power to wheelie but it does. The key is the nitrous. Start ideally on a flat part of land in gear 1. Rev the engine while holding the brakes and as soon as you let go slam the nitrous. Instantly the car will go into a wheelie and you can keep going pretty far as long as you remember to shift. I do not know if this will work in automatic so use manual to guarantee it shifts where you want. The car also rolls very easy making it just really funny to drive.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

This is one of my favorite race cars in Gran Turismo 6. I used it first in a license test and got gold on the first try and new it was a car I had to buy. It is fairly cheap for it's performance too which is good. It was pretty good, but still wasn't good enough to compete against more expensive cars like the Mclaren F1 race car. I made a tune that made it better, but decided to put the extra time needed into tuning it so it would be the best possible. I limited it to 650pp so it can compete in lots of races to earn money and I have won every single one with it. Since it is using the low rpm turbo it still has room for more power and to be much faster however if you use it move the final gear to the left a decent amount to allow for any more power.

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

I know everyone reading this has the car since it is a gift for winning some GT6 event. Everyone expected me to make a drift tune with it since that is what normally happens however I went the other direction and decided to do a race tune. The car looks pretty cool and I needed a cheap race car to compete with some of the higher races and my other cars just weren't cutting it. After some trial and error this RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 has become a very good race car. It is limited to 532pp however I use it for 550pp races and it can easily win.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10

In case you are wondering this can be used with other models (Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10 and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10). I just like this one because you can change the paint and rims. Can also be lowered to 720pp for certain races with the same tune. I used this tune in the GT world Championship and smoked everyone. One of the medium tracks I beat the second place guy by 17sec while another track I actually lapped the last place car. This car is basically a actual rocket ship which you steer. It really not that hard to drive either. Just be super careful of the gas because if you do slam on it or even press it own a bit too hard the car will spin. I don't know how many other Gran Turismo 6 tunes are as awesome as this one.

NACAR

I put NASCAR only because this will work on any of them. If you have the Toyota 2010 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY, Chevrolet 2010 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/ National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA, Ford 2010 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION, or any other it will work. I used it on Chevrolet 2013 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET SS since you win it in case anyone is wondering. It also works for oval or track courses at various pp. If using it for oval tracks like Daytona at full power I suggest lowering the final gear (2.600 range) to get more top speed. I used this at the 70% less power NASCAR race as well and it worked great. The hard part with any of these types of races is the other cars not hitting you. I can easily win, but the AI would always spin me out of control. One important note is for actually tracks since I have the LSD pretty high it is great for accelerating past people, but if you stomp the gas you will spin out of control. I find it better to be slow on the gas, but if you are understeering tap the gas hard just quick to spin you ever so slightly into a better line.

Pagani Huayra '13 (DRAG)

Look above this tune and what do you see? That's damn right a Pagani Huayra '13 for the banner so you already know I had to go big on this one. It is scary fast. There is no accelerate with this car you hit the gas and it's gone. So far I have smoked everyone I have dragged against. I made it for no NOS, but trust me instal it and use it since everyone else will be using theirs. Start in 2nd gear and shift at the red line for everything else. I do not recommend hitting NOS the second you start however. This car accelerates super fast and the tires already smoke a lot so using NOS at the start just makes them spin faster without going anywhere. What I do is wait until the very end of the 2nd gear or as soon as you shift to 3rd and slam on it. I have started about a car length behind guys and ending at least 4 car lengths in front of them.

tOoEitM.jpg

Some of you may have seen me around from GT5 and now I'm back at it again with GT6! For those of you who are new this is where my race tunes are held and I have another garage where all my drift tunes are.

For any questions regarding how I personally drive or set tunes up please read the TEAM SHMO FAQ

Please comment! I really like reading it and give feedback good or bad. Thanks. Also incase anyone is wondering all the tunes posted here are TOTALLY NEW and made specifically for GT6. You can try older GT5 tunes however I can not confirm they will work for sure.

Website!
www.team-shmo.com For a more detailed look at my garage with sections for race, drift, drag, rally, and track please visit. A lot easier to find tunes as well as better search features.

Follow me on
Facebook: Keep up to date with the latest tunes the second I release them as well as many free giveaway contest
Tumblr: Shows my favorite GT5 photos from around the web
Twitter: Basically same as facebook which ever you prefer lol
Youtube: Videos of me and others driving or drifting my cars around

Android App!
If you have a Android phone or tablet you got to check out this new GT6 Tunes and Tips (GT6 Home) (free version, but also a better paid one too). Lot's of useful tips, tricks, and tunes as well as being able to store tunes and much more!

Requesting rules:
None at this time

1. You must review a car doesn't matter how detailed.
2. You can ask for anything you want, but I'm only going to do it if someone else doesn't already have a spectacular tune out already.
3. Only exceptions to rule 2 is if you want a track specific tune or a certain pp or tire choice, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67

BMW M3 04

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12

Dodge Challenger R-T Race Car '70

Lamborghini Diablo GT '00

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 (drag)

Fiat 500 R '72

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10

NASCAR

I got my NASCAR a few days ago. I setup the same #24 Jeff Gordon just the way that you did. First time on Daytona under the lights, I came in 2nd place. And just like you said the ai cars hit & run. after two race ending spin-outs, I came back and won the race. Your setup & a bit of drafting won the race for me. Respect!!!! A Big Thank you to Team Shmo for all of the tips that you gave to setup the car for Daytona. Awesomeness lives at Team Shmo. Cheers.

I got my NASCAR a few days ago. I setup the same #24 Jeff Gordon just the way that you did. First time on Daytona under the lights, I came in 2nd place. And just like you said the ai cars hit & run. after two race ending spin-outs, I came back and won the race. Your setup & a bit of drafting won the race for me. Respect!!!! A Big Thank you to Team Shmo for all of the tips that you gave to setup the car for Daytona. Awesomeness lives at Team Shmo. Cheers.

lol ya the stupid AI spun me so many times. I was clearly in front and the second the turn came they would get mad and send me into the wall. Thanks for liking them, got more always coming

Toyota SUPRA RZ '97

This car is originally for 3k drag races at Route X however I find it's top speed is extremely fast so it can be used for either one. With no drafting it can do a cruising speed of about 295mph and a top speed (with nos) of 315mph. I am not sure how fast it can go while drafting someone as I usually blow past them before than lol. If using it for drag be in gear 1 and hit nos as you launch. The tires will spin a lot, but you won't move otherwise. For top speed what I recommend is hit the nos when you start, but only for literally a brief second to kick it into the high revs. The car will accelerate very fast by itself and you will be able to draft everyone else for a while. Hit the nos once you get closer to them as your top speed will probably be faster to go by them. The best part about this car is when you are ahead of everyone and you see the guy in your rear view mirror drafting you. He will be slowly gaining, but slam down on the nos and this car will still go faster and make a larger gap lol. For sure he won't understand how it is possible considering it's already gonna be over 300mph.

One thing to watch if you are doing top speed is watch around the corners. If someone bumps you or you touch the wall, even too much turning in on the wheel will cause you to spin out due to the high speeds.

Tommykaira ZZII '00

Ooooooooh man this is fast! It is 4WD with almost the same power like the GT-R black edition, but weighs much less. Makes this tune a rocket. I think it may be faster than my Pagani Huayra due to the 4WD. It launches quick and has a high top speed making it one of the best drag cars out there. Launch in 1st and after you shift to 2nd slam the nos. For me this was always faster than hitting nos from the start since it already accelerates quick and the nos later now gives it a faster top speed. For all other gears shift at the red line.

Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter

When Gran Turismo 6 first came out the Kart racing was very difficult and tuning it was even harder. It has been a few months now and I think they have had updates to make it slightly easier. I struggled with this particular kart because it was the the hardest to control. One thing I have found making this tune is do not worry at all about every single cart passing you at the start. For some reason they have coded it this way. I tried many transmission setups and the AI would always accelerate much faster at the start than I. This tune however has a higher top speed compared to the others so overall you will win. I didn't actually find it too hard anymore and I don't think it is just me becoming a better driver.

SRT Viper GTS '02

I made this tune to honor the first Viper's ever made that have been crushed. If you didn't hear Chrysler has ordered 93 original Dodge Vipers to be destroyed. This is including a rare blue 1992 Viper pre-production unit with VIN #004. Yes, that means the 4th Viper ever built. It's a total of about $250,000. Chrysler said it's lawyers basically said they have to crush them in order to avoid any future lawsuits. The cars were not meant to be street-legal originally as they were on loan to schools around the US and if anyone got into an accident in one Chrysler would be held liable. Obviously to avoid a lawsuit or any automobile insurance problems they had to crush them all. I get why the lawyers said it's better to crush them, but it's still sad to see them go. Not sure why they couldn't of at least kept the real early ones and put them in a museum? I'm sure the insurance quotes for a rare Dodge Viper not moving wouldn't be that expensive.

This GT6 Viper is also probably not street legal as it has so many race mods done to it, but luckily there are no insurance companies or lawyers to care. I decided to not go full out with a wing and make it into a race car to keep the stock image. It drives great and can go over 230mph easily, but don't be fooled it still has some bite left in it. Watch your gas coming out of the corners.

SRT Viper GTS '02

I made this tune to honor the first Viper's ever made that have been crushed. If you didn't hear Chrysler has ordered 93 original Dodge Vipers to be destroyed. This is including a rare blue 1992 Viper pre-production unit with VIN #004. Yes, that means the 4th Viper ever built. It's a total of about $250,000. Chrysler said it's lawyers basically said they have to crush them in order to avoid any future lawsuits. The cars were not meant to be street-legal originally as they were on loan to schools around the US and if anyone got into an accident in one Chrysler would be held liable. Obviously to avoid a lawsuit or any automobile insurance problems they had to crush them all. I get why the lawyers said it's better to crush them, but it's still sad to see them go. Not sure why they couldn't of at least kept the real early ones and put them in a museum? I'm sure the insurance quotes for a rare Dodge Viper not moving wouldn't be that expensive.

This GT6 Viper is also probably not street legal as it has so many race mods done to it, but luckily there are no insurance companies or lawyers to care. I decided to not go full out with a wing and make it into a race car to keep the stock image. It drives great and can go over 230mph easily, but don't be fooled it still has some bite left in it. Watch your gas coming out of the corners.
It is a sad story. Having worked with a high school auto-tech program I can say that this is just a case where the public was made aware of the crushing of the cars. But all cars donated for school auto-tech programs are always crushed after the contract period is up. We had several very sought-after classic cars that eventually went to the crusher - 1957 Chevy Nomad, 1970 AMC Javelin, and a 1984 Chrysler-Maserati Biturbo.

XS
It is a sad story. Having worked with a high school auto-tech program I can say that this is just a case where the public was made aware of the crushing of the cars. But all cars donated for school auto-tech programs are always crushed after the contract period is up. We had several very sought-after classic cars that eventually went to the crusher - 1957 Chevy Nomad, 1970 AMC Javelin, and a 1984 Chrysler-Maserati Biturbo.

Oh man that is so much worse then I would of ever thought. I kind of expected a lot of cars to be trashed since they are basically chop shop cars, but the first Viper's ever is almost offensive.

You have a Pontiac Sunfire tune that I did a few tweeks to and it's a beast in the 500PP range. I wanted to make a post saying thanks.

You have a Pontiac Sunfire tune that I did a few tweeks to and it's a beast in the 500PP range. I wanted to make a post saying thanks.
I assume you are referring to the one I made for GT5. I also really like that car and happy others are enjoying it too

I assume you are referring to the one I made for GT5. I also really like that car and happy others are enjoying it too

Yes the one you tuned for GT5. I used that as a starting point for GT6 and it's a fun car in game and IRL.

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

The official "Smokey and the Bandit" car is here! This car actually has a lot of areo parts including different spoilers to drastically change the looks of this car however I decided to leave it as stock as possible in looks. It looks pretty tough and I am really liking the gold trim, not to mention huge "Firebird" on the hood. The car is faster then I would have thought. I wanted to keep it stock with that "Smokey and the Bandit" feel, but this is also a game so I slapped on some racing soft tires and amped all the power up. It can get a little crazy since it has almost 1000ft-lbs of torque which is insane, but I tuned it in such a way that the back end doesn't oversteer most of the time. It's fun since you can drive it like a race car with watching how much gas out of the corners etc or slam the gas everywhere and give you that full on Burt Reynolds experience. Of course it's not the 70's anymore so the top speed on this car has increased to over 200mph.

CADILLAC CTS-V COUPE '11

Finally a real Cadillac has been added to a Gran Turismo game! This one looks pretty good and once you add the body kits it looks super mean. I kept it looking pretty stock with paint colored skirts and spoiler. Of course I had to toss on some huge chrome rims and some candy white paint to give that classic old school Cadillac feel. I wasn't really sure how well this car would drive since it is a Cadillac which is American and they usually don't care about how heavy cars are, but this car flys. It is so much fun to drive. On the track it is only a little slower than the Viper GTS tune I made which is pretty impressive considering that car has over 1000hp. This Cadillac CTS still has a lot of power too, but I think it handels it pretty well. It was a little crazy when I started, but this finished tune is easy to drive. I added NOS in mine to really give it an extra kick, but it's optional.

This car is primarily for the current seasonal event "Subaru Impreza Super Lap" at Matterhorn Riffelsee however is still a good 500pp car and can be used anywhere. This event is super difficult because of the huge hill and tight turns. I tried other people's tunes, but nothing was helping me win. If you know me, I never accept defeat and was determined to beat this event. In the past being very light has always been the key to winning events. I made this car as light as possible and have as much power as possible with the right parts. I promise you this car can get the gold without SRF, however if you just want to win and get it over with SRF makes things a lot easier. I played the Ferrari FXX challenge for a few days and I was only 0.020 away from the gold with this car that I was too feed up and turned on SRF. I forget the exact time, but I came a few seconds below what you need for the gold which is obviously more then enough to win.

your diablo gt '00 tune is amazing! i tried for about an hour to get it around daytona without spinning out with no success but with your tune i did it first try!

Back