TEKKEN 7

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 211 comments
Doesn't it reduce load? Helps when there are a lot of photos and videos on a page trying to load.
It doesn't. Any elements contained in a spoiler still load as if they weren't. The main bonus is that scrolling on mobiles doesn't become endless.

So, really, the only reason to put trailers in spoilers is to avoid giving away the information held in their static image or title.

It is always cool to see long-standing franchises still have some of their original characters. Nina is a prime example of this. She's been in just about every major Tekken just like all of the Jack characters. Then too, Nina was even in her own game ("Death by Degrees"). And then of course, you have generations of characters, such as Marshall and Forrest Law.

As for that Nina video... I guess this is the moral of the story: do your girl right (granted she's not the one cheating or doing wrong), or she may beat you down like Nina would. Be faithful!

Love Tekken, but with the introduction of internet gaming on the ps3 and my age, games like this have lost a place on my shelf. Fighting games arent as fun online as when you're playing them with your mate sat next to you, and not worth buying for single player. Gutted really.

Love Tekken, but with the introduction of internet gaming on the ps3 and my age, games like this have lost a place on my shelf. Fighting games arent as fun online as when you're playing them with your mate sat next to you, and not worth buying for single player. Gutted really.

Well they aren't JUST stuck to online. You do still have a offline 2 player mode you can select.

Well they aren't JUST stuck to online. You do still have a offline 2 player mode you can select.
Sure i know that, but thats where my age becomes a problem. My mates and i no longer are care free and can spend loads of time going round eachothers houses spneding hours on games like when we were younger. Online play has contributed because no one wants to leave their house anymore.

Here's an interesting new alternative when in Rage status:

Dubbed as the "Rage Attack". It's basically a special input that can only be used once when in Rage status, much like the Rage Art. However, Rage Attacks can be freely used in combo strings if you so wish to turn the tables in your own way the classic, Tekken style, if you aren't too keen in Rage Arts which were basically a concept taken from the Street Fighter series.

I have been thinking a good bit about Tekken 7, namely of the Rage Arts. Some people have complained of Rage Arts like a poor man's Super system. Tekken isn't slowly morphing into Street Fighter as opposed to what some people have made of it. I think Namco/Bandai have done a good job of incorporating a psuedo-Super system without making a traditional Super system. It is tied more to your rage rather than as a separate gauge in a lot of other fighting games. Only thing I would probably argue against is in having some kind of set Super system or Rage Art rather than coming up with your own combos. If you ask me, I think the Rage Arts should be more like V-Ism like in Street Fighter Alpha 3. The V-Ism system allows you to come up with your own combo granted your gauge was at least 50% full. You would lose your V-Ism energy if you block and attack or get attacked. Such a system (I think) even benefits agile and quick fighters. So in other words, if the Rage Arts system was like SFA3's V-Ism, this would favor fighters like (for example) Jin and Xiayou as opposed to King or any Jack.

I am still looking forward to Tekken 7. Still can't believe this series has existed for 20 years. From Rave War to Tekken. Originals like Law and King later joined by Jin, Eddy, Raven, Marduk, and others. Wow...

You know something? Heihachi vs. Akuma/Gouki is actually a pretty good matchup. Maybe a bit unfair since Akuma can use projectiles while Heihachi can not. Then again, the same could be said for Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2, the only exclusive character who doesn't use weapons from that game (Link in the Gamecube version of SC2 and Spawn in the XBOX version of SC2).

I don't use this expression often, but Heihachi vs. Kazuya are a couple of bad asses. Almost as if you're choosing between the two as far as who's the bigger bad ass. Heihachi's more of a methodical bad guy. Kazuya kind of has that Yakuza style, made man kind of personality. I guess the better one would be based on personal preference. You can't go wrong with Kazuya in my view. Of course, we can all answer that question on our own when Tekken 7 is released.

If Tekken 7 will be the first Tekken for some people, some may not even know what to expect with the Tekken games. I am somewhat of a Tekken expert... not really, though. So I'm making this post basically to talk about Tekken for those who may play Tekken 7 as their first Tekken.

Two of my favorite players in all of Tekken are Jin and Eddy. Jin debuted in Tekken 3 and is perhaps the most well-balanced of all of the characters. Eddy also debuted in Tekken 3. His capoeira fighting style will allow you to get creative putting together sick combos. Baek is another character I've always respected. The Jack characters have always been fairly simple to use. While I don't use him much, I like Lee, especially with Lee wearing that very cool men's suit. Among the female fighters, I've always respected Jun and Xiayou. Anna is quite cool. The likes of Asuka and Christie are great female fighters among the more modern Tekken games. Of course, don't forget about Nina, though I never really used or liked her. You can't help but be fascinated by the weird Yoshimitsu. King is a popular fighter with his wrestling style. Either King or Armor King. You can have fun with the likes of Kuma, Panda, Alex, and Roger. The coolest character of more modern Tekken games to me is Raven. He has a lethal combination of speed and power.

The biggest strategy to try to work on is to pull off power moves that can subtract as much as half of your opponent(s) energy. One time in my college days, I joked with some of my friends that the top time finishing Tekken Tag Tournament was about 2:30. That meant you basically had to land the power moves quickly to surpass the 2:30 mark. And guess what? They actually pulled it off! So learn the power moves to try to put away your opponents quickly. For example, learn how to perform and use Yoshimitsu's sword poke or Kazuya's lightning screw uppercut. I am not sure how these power moves along with the Rage Arts will play into Tekken 7, but these are two things to definitely learn and master. I don't really focus on these power moves as I am a fairly bare bones fighter. I'm more about methodical offense rather than putting people away quickly.

So if Tekken 7 will be your first Tekken, I just gave you a whole bunch of things to think about with this post.

Two more characters revealed at EVO 2016.

BOB:

Master Raven:

Well I finally have my second complaint about Tekken 7: Goddamn Bob is back.

As for this Master Raven, Can't help but feel like this seems like a mix of Raven and Kunimitsu (which isn't a bad thing in my eyes). I love her looks too, looks like a mix of Traditional Samurai with some elements of sci fi (especially of the MGR variety). I can definitely see myself using her quite abit.

This Bob guy makes Rufus (Street Fighter IV) look absolutely silly. If you follow pro wrestling, Bob is more like Samoa Joe as a widebody that is incredibly athletic. For some reason, I want to think of Master Raven as a cross of Nina and Kunimitsu. Maybe Nina with some Chun Li influence. Maybe even Kunimitsu 2.0. Two very interesting characters to add to the Tekken 7 roster.

Nos the question is. Is master Raven, Raven's daughter or another familiar??

Can't be, the timeline between Tekken 5 and Tekken 7 doesn't seem big enough for that to happen. She could be from the same group as Raven though given the similar fighting style.

Edit: "Master Raven is a female superior of the original Raven"

So judging by that description, she is basically the leader.

Last edited:
"Come On!"

upload_2016-8-17_10-43-58.png

I saw a video of the various Rage Arts for Tekken 7. Of the ones from that video, the Rage Arts for the likes of Jin, Devil Jin, and Gigas were pretty awesome. Yoshimitsu's Rage Art would be too insane for a Soul Calibur game. Kazuya's Rage Art was pretty wicked in its own right, hammering you followed by being hit with that laser beam.

Say what you want about the Rage Arts- it's going to provide just another layer of strategy in Tekken 7.

Latest Posts

Back