TEKKEN 7

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 211 comments
Holy crap. This game is going to be so amazing.
Those cutscenes make it look like we're watching Blood Vengeance sequel.

I don't say this very often (well never really), but I'm hyped.

Let me tell you something. I've always liked the Tekken series, but here's something I've never said about any game in the series until now- I'm excited for Tekken 7. I am very intrigued about this installment. As I was seeing some Twitch streams on Tekken 7, it's tough to not be impressed with what this game has to offer. It's going to be mind-blowing once this game hits home consoles proper (at least here in the United States). So yeah, we think alike on this one, @RACECAR .

Well, two stuff! Funko is launching a 5-vinyl-figures tekken collection! Man, in these cases I'd wish my ex-girlfriend didn't break up with me since she's a fan of these stuff :/

Anddd.... Harada-san is visiting my homeland for Collision championship 2017!! Yaaass!! :D

Does Tekken have any esport presence? I mean I've played them since Tekken 2 and they've been my favorite fight game in a post SF world (you know that time between 2000-2009/10 when SF wasn't really a thing). So I don't want to play it still just because of it, it's just an interesting factor if it is. The only other game that ever gave me some joy while waiting for the next Tekken was VF.

Does Tekken have any esport presence?
Yes it has, a strong one, expected since it's a fighting game you can dominate with a little practice :).}

Anyway...

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

No, it's not a Dacia Sandero lol. New character trailer! :D. Yep, Eliza is back, although it's a preorder only bonus :(. If I eventually have the destiny of being blood-sucked by a vampire, I hope it can be like her lol

Yes it has, a strong one, expected since it's a fighting game you can dominate with a little practice :).}

Well what's strong? Considering SSB and SF5 control the arena, and there is a smaller devotion to MVC3, Guilty Gear, and Mortal Kombat X. There is also a strong presence for Pokken and Killer Instinct. So you're answer doesn't really answer my question, which is where it stands. In all of this.

Cosplay girls... be proud! So there IS somebody in Tekken weirder than Yoshimitsu? Eliza seems like she'll be fun to play with and whoop peoples' butts with. Fun to watch, for sure.

If I eventually have the destiny of being blood-sucked by a vampire, I hope it can be like her lol

Or she just falls asleep right before she sinks her teeth in, leaving you with a Cute and narcoleptic Vampire sleeping on your shoulder :sly:

Now the salt can really fly :lol: I'm just laughing at all the rage in the reactions to seeing him return.

Now the salt can really fly :lol: I'm just laughing at all the rage in the reactions to seeing him return.
People be like: "What kind of Gibberish is he talking??!! You ruined him, 🤬🤬!!"

Me: Bro, really?? It's Portuguese! He's brazilian, Christie's too, they aren't capoeira artists for no reason! That's their languagge, and accent! :rolleyes:"

I know you can learn capoeira everywhere now, but the best one are always the native ones (brazilians) 👍👍

There's a comment in spanish in IGN's video (the one above) which doesn't mention Eddie, but the way it was typed (very common in what we called here "lacras"), and how he mentions two of the yet-to-be-announced girls (Christie and... guess who...), it's the most cringiest one I've ever saw in a tekken yt video :lol::lol:

Rooster Highlights #1. I think this means the starting roster has been completed, and the other characters will come as DLCs... Obviously the #2 one left, and one month left as well, so there could be a few surprises on the way!! :D

Ok, let's now wait for June 2nd! :D Honestly, can't wait to see what's the story behind Nina's wedding outfit, that's the thing it will be watching the gameplay videos ;)

Thanks to my sister, I just got the game (which I just found out was the Day 1 Edition, so hurray for not having to pre-Order :D). Gonna get that going after I clear some space because I know this game gonna need ALOT of it.

I have been watching YouTube live streams of Tekken 7. Let me tell you- I'm impressed with the action I've seen. Wonderful graphics and smooth game play are to be expected with this title. It's a new Tekken, but it still feels like at least Tekken since about Tekken 4. I am impressed and intrigued about this game, even though I haven't actually played it.

I bought this game Friday. I haven't played Tekken in 15 years, but I used to play the first couple all the time. I'm not near as good as I used to be, but I'm getting the hang of it again. It's a pretty fun game, even though the story mode is pretty lame, I'm having a blast with the Treasure mode.

I like how there's so many playable characters right off the bat, and it has a lot of the older characters I remember well too. I kind of wish they had Lei Wulong, but I'm glad they have Hwoarang and Marshall Law (Bruce Lee incarnate), Eddy and some of the others I remember playing.

I haven't messed with online much, I tried earlier to do a couple ranked matches and couldn't get in, but I've read online is kind of a mess with connectivity issues.

I'm glad I bought it, I tried to get into KI last year because it was free, but couldn't get into it. I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but I've always loved the Tekken games I've played, they are so easy to get into and do cool stuff right off the bat, and they still have tons of advanced stuff you can learn if you want to put the time in. The movelists are huge.

Here's an article I was reading on it, the Japanese players ranked the Tekken 7 players in Tiers. I agree with this list. I haven't used Steve Fox much, but I can see why he's one of the best ranked Fighters. No kicks really, but tons of crafty dodge moves and his punch combos are crazy.

https://m.mic.com/articles/amp/1777...d-by-japanese-pro-players-ahead-of-us-release

Last edited:
I think that tier list will adjust after awhile. The Mishimas are usually technical heavy. King is probably going to move down to B-C ish soon. ( all from experience)

I think that tier list will adjust after awhile. The Mishimas are usually technical heavy. King is probably going to move down to B-C ish soon. ( all from experience)
I don't know if it will or not, hasn't the game been out in Japan for a couple of years?

Edit: I see it came out in Japan last July.

Last edited:
It was in the Arcades for the longest time. But they had Stateside location test before the official release

Last edited:
Back