Telemetry Apps for Console

• Thread starter jimmy_b_84
  • 175 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jimmy_b_84
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but 3rd party apps are due next month with the next patch.

All of the info is based in this thread.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming

Essentially you will be able to use compatible 3rd party apps for thing like viewing/recording data, custom Motec displays. Along with any other apps that will be made compatible using phones, tablets and laptops. There is also a spotter and driver trainer apps.

A full list of compatible apps isn't out yet although some are being tested in the SMS office and via the latest PC 6.1 which is mimicking the way consoles will send the data to your device. Early sign are promising (see page 50 or so).

I for one cannot wait I plan on running a LMP Motec on tablet with telemetry being viewed and recorded on my laptop.

Last edited:
My little bodge job back in the beta days on pc it will be nice to use it again on ps4

Attachments

• T500rs + phone.jpg
    T500rs + phone.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 327
It is pretty cool that consoles are getting such a feature. Looking forward to getting my set-up going and hitting the track. My Toyota TS040-HYBRID is at the ready.

Check post #1 of the link I posted!

Subject now says complete, all we need now is a console update and we will have our apps!!!!!

Hi

I'm looking at getting an Android tablet to use for apps playing on PS4 once version 7.0 is released. Does anyone know if any of the the apps are better suited to 4:3 ratio screen or widescreen 16:9. I've seen Sony and Samsung tablets and they differ in that respect.

Thanks.
JSB

Any news if they´ll include water and oil temps on the actual in game telemetry? I don´t want to run apps to be able to tune basic **** like cooling.

Amazon are doing some of their tabs for cheap this weekend, £35. Will these apps work on their Android-based Fire OS?

I think I'll just put the word out on my facebook to see if anybody has an old android phone going cheap that they've upgraded from so I can fix it in place on my setup instead of messing about setting up my phone every time.

Yes I downloaded pCARS Dash earlier today and it works very well. Setup was ridiculously easy too. I wish there was a bit more customisation for it though, such as different colour schemes and general placement of HUD elements but we can't have everything.

Just a bit annoying how the app tyre temp display goes red above 230 but in game they're still green. And there's no car ahead/behind times which are very handy in the game. Those times are the only info that's not present in app I think.

Recommended all the same.

Yes I downloaded pCARS Dash earlier today and it works very well. Setup was ridiculously easy too. I wish there was a bit more customisation for it though, such as different colour schemes and general placement of HUD elements but we can't have everything.

Just a bit annoying how the app tyre temp display goes red above 230 but in game they're still green. And there's no car ahead/behind times which are very handy in the game. Those times are the only info that's not present in app I think.

Recommended all the same.

add your feedback to post within API section of official forum.

You wait until you try crewchief it's brilliant. There is a PC version which should work with console.

add your feedback to post within API section of official forum.

You wait until you try crewchief it's brilliant. There is a PC version which should work with console.
I contacted the developer of the app after emailing him about something else so hopefully he's up for some feedback to make the app even better. Hearing a lot about Crew Chief, I'll look into it thanks 👍

good inI don't know enough about it to be able to comment yet, I'm still in the very early learning stage. I think there is a way somehow (hopefully).

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS.......

When watching a replay the PS4 puts out UDP data! Now you can watch telemetry on replays. It even worked when I fast forwarded it. Was tested with PCARS Dash. I'd assume all apps would work too. Please test and let me know.

EDIT* crew chief on PC also does this!fo from the main Pcars forums:

good inI don't know enough about it to be able to comment yet, I'm still in the very early learning stage. I think there is a way somehow (hopefully).

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS.......

When watching a replay the PS4 puts out UDP data! Now you can watch telemetry on replays. It even worked when I fast forwarded it. Was tested with PCARS Dash. I'd assume all apps would work too. Please test and let me know.

EDIT* crew chief on PC also does this!fo from the main Pcars forums:

That's my post quoted from PCARS forum ;) It works for me

So how do i use the HUD app? I got it set to UDP 1. It's showing the name of what connection i got but it said can't find ip address. Please look in device settings? So wait my phone settings? I'm confuse. And sorry i never really paid attention to this until now.

Back