Telemetry Apps for Console

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by jimmy_b_84, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It's excellent and well supported as well when DLC comes out.

I run it in conjunction with Crew Chief, which I would also strongly recommend for the spotter function alone. It made me far more aware of how often you can be the cause of an incident yourself and is invaluable when racing open wheel.

2. Sprite

Sprite Premium

Does Crew Chief work on the PS4? I'm running PS4 and iOS. I don't think there is an iOS version (yet).

The dash app really helped bring down my times and tweak car settings to even out temps over time. The telemetry is a really useful thing too. Helps understand my throttle and break responses.

3. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Yep, I'm using it on an android phone with PCars on the PS$.

I like the dash for when I'm driving, and Crew Chief will also warn about temps, brakes, etc. as well (you can also set the level at which these come in).

However for telemetry I use vrHive on my laptop, as that gives far more info in comparison to the and also allow you to review it after the fact (as every lap is saved).

vrHive.jpg

The PS4 pumps out the UDP feed to all three of them at the same time (pCars Dash and Crew Chief on my HTC One and vrHive to my Win 7 laptop) and has never had any delay or lag that I have come across.

Its a set-up that seriously impresses me and has totally changed how I race with pCars and to be honest future titles will need to support similar apps if I'm not to consider them 'missing' something.

breyzipp, MrF1, bleeder and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sprite

Sprite Premium

Ahh, I don't have an android phone/tablet I may have to buy a cheap one. The Only computer I have is a Macbook Pro so no dice on the 3rd party telemetry apps.

This is how the info comes out (pasted 3 screens together in Pixlemator) from the iPhone.

telem.jpg

5. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

Don't forget that all newer Macs can run Windows as well. ;)

6. Sprite

Sprite Premium

Dual boot my Mac?! Sacrilege!!!!

I actually thought of doing this but I'd rather buy a cheap laptop/netbook with Win10 and do it.

Bjorn Lucas likes this.
  7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

I use my work laptop, as for all my home machines I run Linux.

vrHive does need Net Frameworks in place to work, so needs a dedicated windows machine.

Webschumi and Sprite like this.
  8. Sprite

Sprite Premium

@Scaff Thanks for the heads up.

Scaff likes this.
  9. DrJustice

DrJustice

The pCARS Telemetry app now supports UDP broadcasts from consoles and PCs. A test version can be grabbed here.

jimmy_b_84 likes this.
  10. Jose Mendonca

Jose Mendonca

For those that use the pCars vHUD Windows 10 app, I'm working on a Android version now, that has just been released to a closed beta. Hopefully we will start seeing more and more time trial lap times uploaded to the App's online leaderboard: http://simracingmanager.com/leaderboards

gladbecker82 likes this.
  11. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

vrHive has added functionality to output the telemetry to an Excel spreadsheet, which then gives a quite frankly insane amount of detail and data.

I've attached an example (which I had to remove the data from laps 2 to 6 in order to make it small enough to upload), certainly of interest to those who share my number junkie addiction.

Samsung1998race likes this.
  12. gladbecker82

gladbecker82

It seems like the PCARS Dash App has disappeared from Google Play. I still have it on my phone and Tablet but its no longer in the Store. What's up with that?

13. Jose Mendonca

Jose Mendonca

Could be because of the name. I had several troubles with Google with the naming of my app (which was pCars vHUD) and eventually had to change it to be approved (to vHUD for Project Cars).

gladbecker82 likes this.
  14. baxnimis

baxnimis

RACE OVERLAY: this is not a telemetry app for players, this is for console streamers (max 16 drivers), but I think this is the right topic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea is to read data via UDP, fill some cell of an Excel window, overlay this window on the race video (live) masking the black blackground.
    An automatic engine is showing data on the screen related to the driver selected by the streamer (pad).
    You can add other infos about drivers (real name, picture, car picture, championship position and points, car number).

Description, user manual and files to download on projectcarsgame.com (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46987-Race-Overlay-(for-console-streamers)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  15. Big_J_29

Big_J_29

Anyone have some suggestions?
    I purchased the PCars Dash app last night to use on my Samsung Tablet, last night it was spot on, Hardly any lag in between the Game and the app. Today there is terrible lag between the information reaching the App as to when it happens in game. Tried switching UDP and restarting even uninstalled and re downloaded and installed again and the same. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen and if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks

*****Fixed, Simply restarted the Tablet and it seems to be working fine now*****

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  16. MrF1

MrF1

Next time also check ya router. Resetting it can clear its memory

Big_J_29 and Samsung1998race like this.
  17. FOG-Smokebeer

FOG-Smokebeer

Had some add when I started p/dash tonight but closed it to quick doh! was there something about assetto now? and is it ps4

18. CTstryk

CTstryk

DashPi has Xbox one support for PCars now!

19. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Given the news that PCars 2 will support the apps that we currently have on PCars I thought I would put a video together of my main 'go-to' dash app, PCars Dash.

Ayepocalypse likes this.
  20. rono_thomas

rono_thomas Premium

@Scaff Maybe you would know if the what I'm looking for can be found. I want to find a telemetry app that I can run on my PC (Which resides in a different room to my PS4) that will record whatever sessions that I do, I'm most interested historic tyre temps across the tyre as the session progresses - I'm not sure if this is possible?

21. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

vrHive is my go to for that, it works fine as long as its on the same WiFi network as you PS4 and will also allow you to export the data as an excel file.

http://vrhive.co.uk/

rono_thomas likes this.
  22. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Following on from my look at PCars Dash, here's a quick video looking at Crew Chief. Its a spotter app, which provides information on cars around you, damage to your car, tyre temps, lap times and delta's, sector times, etc. Despite being run from a clip library it still comes across very well in my view and has some nice ambient background (radio hiss, etc.) to give it a bit of life and also the option to include swearing and adjust the frequency of the swearing (which can also be switched off).

Its very customisable and runs in the background once you fire it up. I run it wit Pcars dash and it allows for both a HUD free display and also makes large grid racing more manageable, even with open wheel cars. It does make you so much more aware of the cars around you and how often an incident is a PICNIC situation rather than an AI one (Problem In Chair Not In Computer). While it is a paid app, it does also have a demo version, that is fully functional in terms of features, but is limited to a couple of tracks. So its free to see if it suits your needs.

Be aware that the video does have the swear option switched on, and as such does contain bad language.

DesertPenguin09 and XXI like this.
  23. Corsa

Corsa Premium

What a great app.

Scaff,

A quick search on my iPhone yields nothing on this app.

Where can I find it?

Scaff likes this.
  24. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

I'm not sure an apple version exists, I run it on android.

25. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Confirmed.

Only circle track crew chief is available on iPhone.

I have an older android at home, I'll pick it up tonight.

Scaff likes this.
  26. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Enjoy, it's an excellent app.