Telemetry Apps for Console

• Thread starter jimmy_b_84
  • 175 comments
How do i do this?
Try UDP 5 and see what happens. I just installed the app (on iphone and ipad), selected UDP from the game options, then selected the right-hand option at the bottom of the app start screen (can't remember what it says here) and it started working. I'm running gear/rev counter on my phone which is stuck to my wheel and my ipad is on a stand on my tv cabinet with a different screen active. It's damn cool. Hope you sort it.

Try UDP 5 and see what happens. I just installed the app (on iphone and ipad), selected UDP from the game options, then selected the right-hand option at the bottom of the app start screen (can't remember what it says here) and it started working. I'm running gear/rev counter on my phone which is stuck to my wheel and my ipad is on a stand on my tv cabinet with a different screen active. It's damn cool. Hope you sort it.

Ok thanks. I will try it.

Ninja'd

I got it guys. Thanks it's working.:cheers: I'm about to be using this a lot. It's really accurate and it's loads of information that's gonna be really useful.:)

What app are you using? PCARS dash? If you have a Windows laptop try crewchief it's amazing

What app are you using? PCARS dash? If you have a Windows laptop try crewchief it's amazing

Sadly i don't have a laptop yet. Plan on getting one though. But i seen the crewchief feature in action and it would be really useful. And I'm using the Pcars HUD app btw.

do i need wifi to get this working??

my ps4 is wired, and i do not have a clear wifi signal in my room.....

Damn... care to explain how u do it...?

I use a Wifi network so don't know about a wired system. Head over to the official forum there has been discussions on this very matter.

If you have wifi get a compatible app PCARS dash (iOS, android) crew chief (PC and test android version) turn on UDP in gameplay menu in game and your away.

do i need wifi to get this working??

my ps4 is wired, and i do not have a clear wifi signal in my room.....
Yes, the mobile device needs to connect wirelessly to your router, doesn't matter if your PS4 is wired or not. If you can't get wifi on your mobile device you'll need a booster or powerline (recommend these any day).

by the way once you fire up the PC app it's the last connection in the connection list (the one at the bottom)
Yeah thanks, I was scratching my head a bit and then scrolled down that list and thought that must be the one. Then when I saw UDP mentioned I knew I was in the right place. Haven't had a chance to play the game yet though.

This addition has instantly improved ps4 gameplay for me. Using the pcarsdash app and found it to run instant and lag free(3 simultaneous devices) now I understand why PC people have been on to these for some time, if you have access to 2 or even 3 devices give it a shot, I run iPad 1 for the rev counter/gears iPad 2 for the vehicle data and an iPhone 5 for the map display, this frees up the visuals on the plasma increasing overall immersion , haven't had the chance to buy iPad mounts yet .... sheet music stands are a good temporary alternative and adjustable
image.jpg

Will the crew chief app be free when it releases on the google play store?

There will be a free version but it will only work on Brands Hatch GP and Brands Indy. Then there will be 2 further versions a fully working "family" version no swearing and a fully working adults version, lots of swearing.

I have no idea of price but expect it to be inline with current PCARS apps

There will be a free version but it will only work on Brands Hatch GP and Brands Indy. Then there will be 2 further versions a fully working "family" version no swearing and a fully working adults version, lots of swearing.

I have no idea of price but expect it to be inline with current PCARS apps
Can't wait for the tourette's edition!

Late to the party. haven't tried pcars dash yet but i will definitely hook up my Xperia Z4 tab. with its keyboard and try this out.
And I just bought NFS :nervous: (big mistake)....:D

Latest Posts

Back