Telemetry Apps for Console

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by jimmy_b_84, Nov 19, 2015.

1. bleeder

bleeder

Try UDP 5 and see what happens. I just installed the app (on iphone and ipad), selected UDP from the game options, then selected the right-hand option at the bottom of the app start screen (can't remember what it says here) and it started working. I'm running gear/rev counter on my phone which is stuck to my wheel and my ipad is on a stand on my tv cabinet with a different screen active. It's damn cool. Hope you sort it.

EmArA, jimmy_b_84 and Elitekilla29 like this.
  2. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Ok thanks. I will try it.

3. Football67611

Football67611

@Elitekilla29 , I couldn't get it either, the number 5 worked! It's really great, I hooked up every device in my home. I also found phone holders that clip on like a desk lamp, on Amazon. Just ordered 3 phone holders!

:cheers:

EmArA, Bjorn Lucas and Elitekilla29 like this.
  4. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

You'll need UDP compatible apps on whichever device you have phone/tablet/PC get them downloaded and working.

Then in gameplay menu turn UDP data on currently set to 3 or 5.

Then enjoy

5. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

Ninja'd

6. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

I got it guys. Thanks it's working.:cheers: I'm about to be using this a lot. It's really accurate and it's loads of information that's gonna be really useful.:)

Football67611 likes this.
  7. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

What app are you using? PCARS dash? If you have a Windows laptop try crewchief it's amazing

8. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Sadly i don't have a laptop yet. Plan on getting one though. But i seen the crewchief feature in action and it would be really useful. And I'm using the Pcars HUD app btw.

9. bleeder

bleeder

Are you running crew chief on your PC while playing the game on PS4? Is that possible?

Football67611 likes this.
  10. diesel97

diesel97

Crew chief is coming to the Playstore (andriod ) i think by the end of week

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  11. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

yes I am! Works flawlessly. I will also try vrhive (telemetry app) but waiting on UDP update

12. Bjorn Lucas

Bjorn Lucas

do i need wifi to get this working??

my ps4 is wired, and i do not have a clear wifi signal in my room.....

13. Theiceman1

Theiceman1

Damn... care to explain how u do it...?

14. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

I use a Wifi network so don't know about a wired system. Head over to the official forum there has been discussions on this very matter.

If you have wifi get a compatible app PCARS dash (iOS, android) crew chief (PC and test android version) turn on UDP in gameplay menu in game and your away.

Theiceman1 likes this.
  15. bleeder

bleeder

Yes, the mobile device needs to connect wirelessly to your router, doesn't matter if your PS4 is wired or not. If you can't get wifi on your mobile device you'll need a booster or powerline (recommend these any day).

Bjorn Lucas likes this.
  16. bleeder

bleeder

That's great news! I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it's pretty simple to get up and running...?

jimmy_b_84 likes this.
  17. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

by the way once you fire up the PC app it's the last connection in the connection list (the one at the bottom)

18. bleeder

bleeder

Yeah thanks, I was scratching my head a bit and then scrolled down that list and thought that must be the one. Then when I saw UDP mentioned I knew I was in the right place. Haven't had a chance to play the game yet though.

19. slashrose9

slashrose9

This addition has instantly improved ps4 gameplay for me. Using the pcarsdash app and found it to run instant and lag free(3 simultaneous devices) now I understand why PC people have been on to these for some time, if you have access to 2 or even 3 devices give it a shot, I run iPad 1 for the rev counter/gears iPad 2 for the vehicle data and an iPhone 5 for the map display, this frees up the visuals on the plasma increasing overall immersion , haven't had the chance to buy iPad mounts yet .... sheet music stands are a good temporary alternative and adjustable image.jpg

20. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  21. bleeder

bleeder

Well I got Crew Chief up and running on my laptop to go alongside my PS4. Just make sure to select 'project CARS (network data)' from the GAME box top right and it'll work straight away. Another excellent addition to the game.

22. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Will the crew chief app be free when it releases on the google play store?

23. jimmy_b_84

jimmy_b_84

There will be a free version but it will only work on Brands Hatch GP and Brands Indy. Then there will be 2 further versions a fully working "family" version no swearing and a fully working adults version, lots of swearing.

I have no idea of price but expect it to be inline with current PCARS apps

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  24. bleeder

bleeder

Can't wait for the tourette's edition!

jimmy_b_84 likes this.
  25. Samsung1998race

Samsung1998race

would love if the mini map could zoom in to provide you with a better idea of where cars are around you but hopefully crew-chief makes it to ios.

anyway heres my setup, have 2 ipads i can use aswell but cant be bothered finding somewhere for them to sit[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Zakspeed_TV

Zakspeed_TV

I just got a spatula to mount my tablet :lol:

Samsung1998race likes this.
  27. EmArA

EmArA

Late to the party. haven't tried pcars dash yet but i will definitely hook up my Xperia Z4 tab. with its keyboard and try this out.
    And I just bought NFS :nervous: (big mistake)....:D

Samsung1998race likes this.
  28. bleeder

bleeder

I'm using blutack for my phone haha

Zakspeed_TV likes this.
  29. Samsung1998race

Samsung1998race

Oh the thoughts that you put in my head from that. :lol: " Car on your le.....TURTLE"

bleeder likes this.
  30. bleeder

bleeder

Boom

DSCF0080 (1).JPG

Brit999, Zakspeed_TV, thlogan and 4 others like this.