- now shows session and time remaining if applicable
- added Auto Track" button which centres on the player
- added Pinch Zoom support.
- now shows track name and length
Added KERS gauge to LiteHUD
Added compatibility mode

this has just been posted by developer of PCARS dash

Hi All,

I have an email from one of the pCars Dash users today who had been having lag issues with his iPhone6, his problem turned out to be his router. This is what he said

"Been messing about with the router and its settings tonight. I know the Xbox one normally runs on 2.4ghz (automatically) but I have deleted all devices from 5ghz, renamed it so it runs as a different wirless connection and connected the Xbox, and iPhone and IPad all on the new network. There are only these three devices running.

Bothe devices now work seamlessly on UDP 3.

I know it's fixed for now (hopefully for good) but though i would tell you the work around I have done if anybody else has the same problem!
"

So it sounds like he might have had some devices connecting by 5Ghz, while some were connected on 2.4Ghz. I would imagine the packet routing between the wifi two networks probbaly resulted in the lag. Moving them to a single network fixed his issue. The same may occur if you have multiple networks (SSIDs) setup even on the same frequency, or if you have range extenders or multiple APs doing seamless roaming.

hope it helps

I'll have try this, because with my UDP at 9, I still have lag on my iPhone 6 Plus. Also note, my PS4, is using a LAN Cable, and my phone is over wireless. I also have a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz band.

Hi everyone. Some might know me from the pCars ForceFeedback webapp.

Because the windows phone is the ugly duck of mobile OSs, I've decided to start on a simple app for this platform, which is now available for download. It works on any Windows 10 device.

The application is free in cost and free of advertising. However if you wish to contribute voluntarily feel free to visit the website for more information.

Homepage
http://vhud.oscarolim.pt

Store link download
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/pcars-vhud/9nblggh58tpc

Screenshots
s1-dark.png

s2-dark.png

s1-light.png

s2-light.png

Does crew chief only play sound through the app supporting device (phone/tablet)?

Or can it be made to come through an external source via the ps4..

I wear headphones w/mic (Astro40s).

Does crew chief only play sound through the app supporting device (phone/tablet)?

Or can it be made to come through an external source via the ps4..

I wear headphones w/mic (Astro40s).
You can play it through PC or laptop speakers, or run it out to a speaker from there. Don't think it'll ever come via the PS4 itself.

thanks gents..

moving forward any ideas how i could get that sound through the headphones?

The AstroA40 has a mix amp. I'm not sure without looking if it has 2 audio inputs..
maybe an aux cable off the app device into the mix amp....

thanks gents..

moving forward any ideas how i could get that sound through the headphones?

The AstroA40 has a mix amp. I'm not sure without looking if it has 2 audio inputs..
maybe an aux cable off the app device into the mix amp....

Maybe an AUX splitter cable could work?

614YTS8MJCL._SY355_.jpg

Maybe an AUX splitter cable could work?

614YTS8MJCL._SY355_.jpg

but the main audio source is the ps4 which runs off a opt cable

i was thinking just a aux cable from the app device (phone) into the MP3 socket in the back off the mix amp...

EDIT
My tech guru friend who also has the A40s has just tried it and says its works..

yay

Last edited:
UPDATE.

So i received thr bracket for my tablet tonight.

Still not sure if i prefer HUD DASH (fully customisable) or PROJECTCARSDASH

ALSO.
Re. Crew Chief. I was 100% able to run in thru my headphones in conjunction with the game sound.
Total Awesomness!
Just a standard AUX cable into the MP3 input on the mix amp.

Happy Racing

received_10154640587013438.jpeg

I find my old lenovo tab 7", maybe it is android 4.4 or something, but works none of the app in this tablet ?
( im "new user" for androids etc. systems :D )

I'm running Crew Chief and pCars dash on my phone underneath my TV so I can then clear the entire HUD on screen, adds massively to the immersion and Crew Chief is an excellently done app and well worth the money (as is pCars dash).

I've also tried HUD Dash and while it being customisable I found it to be slow than pCars dash, rather ugly and as you can't map any buttons to switch screen, its a lot less flexible when driving.

I also run vrHive on my laptop as it provides an excellent source of additional data both during the race and for analysis afterwards.

All in all the API feed allowing all three to run at the same time adds a massive amount to pCars.

UPDATE.

So i received thr bracket for my tablet tonight.

Still not sure if i prefer HUD DASH (fully customisable) or PROJECTCARSDASH

ALSO.
Re. Crew Chief. I was 100% able to run in thru my headphones in conjunction with the game sound.
Total Awesomness!
Just a standard AUX cable into the MP3 input on the mix amp.

Happy Racing

View attachment 499194
This is Pretty much my set up, can i ask what iphone and ipad holders you are using ? cheers

I'm running Crew Chief and pCars dash on my phone underneath my TV so I can then clear the entire HUD on screen, adds massively to the immersion and Crew Chief is an excellently done app and well worth the money (as is pCars dash).

I've also tried HUD Dash and while it being customisable I found it to be slow than pCars dash, rather ugly and as you can't map any buttons to switch screen, its a lot less flexible when driving.

I also run vrHive on my laptop as it provides an excellent source of additional data both during the race and for analysis afterwards.

All in all the API feed allowing all three to run at the same time adds a massive amount to pCars.
I've been wondering if there was a console app that operates on a laptop. I don't have a tablet or racing rig, so I just want an app on my laptop that I can put on the coffee table in front of me. vrHive works a treat! Thanks for posting! Now I just need Crew Chief for iOS.

I've been wondering if there was a console app that operates on a laptop. I don't have a tablet or racing rig, so I just want an app on my laptop that I can put on the coffee table in front of me. vrHive works a treat! Thanks for posting! Now I just need Crew Chief for iOS.
crew chief works on PC also, Look at the Pcars forum for crew chief page 1 there is a DL

Here are a few pictures of my homemade brackets.

Wow. Those look great!! :bowdown::bowdown: You are a man of obvious talent. Well done. :cheers:

I only wish you lived in the US so I could try and purchase those from you. The tablet stand fits all my needs.

Is anyone using the Windows 10 pCARS vHUD app? I successfully downloaded to my Win10 laptop but it just stalls at title load screen when I start the app. I've tried UDP 1, 3, 5; changed DNS. Nothing. Laptop is on same wifi as PS4.

Is anyone using the Windows 10 pCARS vHUD app? I successfully downloaded to my Win10 laptop but it just stalls at title load screen when I start the app. I've tried UDP 1, 3, 5; changed DNS. Nothing. Laptop is on same wifi as PS4.
You need to turn off your firewall or antivirus software on your win 10 or add exception to these programs.
by default UDP ports are blocked.
you need to unblock UDP 5606 port

I picked up the Pcars Dash app on iPad and iPhone.

I'm surprised how well it works considering how buggy Pcars is.

Back